MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:17 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 am

Bunny are you playing dumb or not paying attention?
I'm paying very close attention. Had I claimed publicly that I was targeting myself as the doctor, I'd be very surprised that it got use. This is what you posted at EON:
LOL

I can’t say for sure how many, but I absorbed at least one attack with my self-save. This is a great game.
It sure is a great game. I have no idea why *anybody* targeted you for NK.

Now, I agree with you: The ND counter-claim is insane. And I was all set to join you on the ND wagon for his seemingly shit play in D1. Then you made this post:
If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?
The reason is, that if you were fake claiming then they want you alive. They want you alive to draw the heat for them on D3 so they aren't policy lynched (NB: a policy I still don't support).

Then this:
As for ND's so-called "big reveal" that Jekyll gets told if Hyde has killed -

Well duh, it's in my role PM. You guys are falling for an easy trick that anyone who properly read this setup would know.
Agreed. This is a nothingburger part of the argument.

Now, we have a need to understand how nobody died last night. Theoretically, we should have had 3 deaths. I am giving a big hat tip to Watson and Jeckyl right now :cookie: for both of you.

So...why didn't we have more deaths?

This is when you started getting stupid, I'm thinking you were stressed:
My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
You also were a bit off here:
I also want to point out that ND's claim is:
1. I'm lying about my role
2. Mafia Team 1 AND 2 decided to kill him, MEANWHILE:
3. Mafia Team 2 decided to ROLEBLOCK him

He is AWFULLY full of himself.
1 is correct, he is claiming you are lying, but 2 is not. There is another doctor, and other reasons a scumkill will fail. Also, his RB claim is suggesting why Hyde didn't kill. A very reasonable one.

I'm looking forward to somebody claiming NK saved, and any CC on roleblock.

As nobody died:

PLEASE CLAIM RB IF YOU WERE

PLEASE CLAIM NK TARGET IF YOU WERE

but those are the biggest things in ND's favor currently.

Now, to another thing when you were unclear:
No, I explicitly said I received a message that I protected myself.
Did the message say you were attacked?

And finally:
The odd thing is, I've reached the same conclusion as ND. I'm quite dumbfounded about why he's doing this, but we'll have to lynch one of us to sort it out.
Indeed we will. Is there a chance the mods screwed up and gave *both* of you Jeckyl? It may *seem* improbable, but every other option for what's going on with the strange claim and CC certainly seems impossible at this point.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1042 Post by dargorygel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:18 am

For those thinking we can wait till d3... Remember that we might guess it deduce incorrectly and give Hyde another kill.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1043 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:18 am
For those thinking we can wait till d3... Remember that we might guess it deduce incorrectly and give Hyde another kill.
Not an issue. Both of us claim self-save, so mafia will undoubtedly kill me if we lynch ND, and if we lynch me, Hyde won't be around to kill on Night 3.

BunnyGo

#1044 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:18 am
What are you smoking?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1045 Post by KalelChase » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:21 am

Wow... My spreadsheet might be broken now. A lot of the input D2 has been around a single topic that makes a lot of 'noise', however it might make it easier to filter out in ISOs.

I can't make heads or tails of ND/Chaq situation. I wish Jamie could put on his Ironman suit and shoot both of them.

So Tuesday night I'm going to ISO my other 3 scum; RDR, Damo and Vapor/Tom B. and see how they stack up against each other before EoD. (Frost is on the list but I've been giving newbie cushion). If they've pointed up heavily on town then I'll have to choose between the two doc-claims.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1046 Post by dargorygel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:22 am

I could see this being in either of these two game styles. ND seems more articulate about it, and we'll thought out. Which might make him more likely the liar... Or more likely to have thought about it in reaction to a fake claim.

But Chaqa reminded me about my terrible fake claim. So for now:
##VOTE CHAQA

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1047 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:22 am
I could see this being in either of these two game styles. ND seems more articulate about it, and we'll thought out. Which might make him more likely the liar... Or more likely to have thought about it in reaction to a fake claim.

##VOTE CHAQA
I think you of all people know how little I usually think things through. ND on the other hand is clearly and explicitly a schemer. Should be clear who is telling the truth.

P.S. your fake claim was pretty awful.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1048 Post by dargorygel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 am
dargorygel wrote:

##VOTE CHAQA
I think you of all people know how little I usually think things through. ND on the other hand is clearly and explicitly a schemer. Should be clear who is telling the truth.

(It was... The worst ever)

Temasek22

#1049 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 am

Oh God, why would scum even want to fake claim Jekyll? That guy's optimal lynch is D2/D3 anyways...

I'll leave the frost wagon, I am quite unsure about this vote being Chaqa or ND, but there are reasons for voting either of them. But for now...

##unvote

Temasek22

#1050 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:41 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 am
Chaqa wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

##VOTE CHAQA

I spectated that game, and that really wasn't the best fake claim even for a noob :lol:

CmdrLikely

#1051 Post by CmdrLikely » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:44 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:58 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 am
Anyway, I got some calls I got to make. Read my posts above please.

At the end of the day with the damage i have done to the mafia teams? by mitigating them and the damage we did as a town to them D1 it hardly matters what happens here. Either me or Chaqa.

Scenario 1: if chaqa goes first we get a scum and I can use my day save on someone I read well. Then I should be lynched 100% D3 my role is harmful and needs to be removed to remove that odd numbered night kill potential. As sucky as that is to say I need to die D3 if I don't today.

or

Scenario 2: If i go first we lose the day doctor/sometimes 3p. Then Chaqa is going to be immediately end voted and killed D3. A scum is dead. Even if you think I am mafia and Chaqa is telling the truth and I am lying the same rule as above should apply (scenario 1) In that alternative universe he still needs to be killed.

That's the situation we are in. Believe me or Chaqa. I really don't care honestly I feel like I've already done enough by mitigating them and with our success D1 it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. We lose a day save n2 if i get lynched today. That's it. If the mafia are playing optimally they won't nk me because I am a free lynch D3 to get rid of Jekyll.

It's not like it's the end of the world. The game is winnable. I would advise end voting me or Chaqa to get this over with so the regular game can continue. I hate CC situations.
The odd thing is, I've reached the same conclusion as ND. I'm quite dumbfounded about why he's doing this, but we'll have to lynch one of us to sort it out.
Chaqa, if you agree with ND's conclusion then it doesn't matter who's lying.
Chaqa wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

##VOTE CHAQA

I don't see why we need to ruffle our feathers figuring out these two. We lynch one, see what happens then lynch the other.

Temasek22

#1052 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:48 am

##vote Chaqa

Well, it's going to be the same eventually anyways other than an extra night save. I still don't know who to believe, but the worst case scenario is a draw.

Kitsune

#1053 Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:47 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

ND is full of crap.
I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
I did claim before D3. I claimed on Day 1 with the explicit plan to get myself night-killed Night 2 or lynched Day 3, to remove Hyde from the game and give town much-needed direction.

I frankly don't know why you fake-counter-claim me. It doesn't make sense, and I assume it's just you being full of yourself and having a god complex.

@Chaqa:

What exactly did your night message say?

All of it please.

Temasek22

#1054 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:41 am
dargorygel wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I spectated that game, and that really wasn't the best fake claim even for a noob :lol:
I just realised how badly I worded this, I'm the noon, not dargo

Temasek22

#1055 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am
Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:41 am
dargorygel wrote:

I just realised how badly I worded this, I'm the noon, not dargo
*noob

Screw autocorrect

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1056 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 am

I don't understand this setup and I'm not going to spend my night trying to figure it out, but as I see it, we lynch both of these two in the next two days.

ORRRRRRRRRR we lynch outside of these two and actually learn something today.

I don't really care, personally.

BionicMole

#1057 Post by BionicMole » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

ND is full of crap.
Did you get targeted last night?
Can you be more specific?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
Is there a scenario where Hyde targets Jekyll when he knows Jekyll's identity and knows it will automatically fail?

Temasek22

#1058 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:53 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 am
I don't understand this setup and I'm not going to spend my night trying to figure it out, but as I see it, we lynch both of these two in the next two days.

ORRRRRRRRRR we lynch outside of these two and actually learn something today.

I don't really care, personally.
Any suggestions? Frost? Hosu? I doubt we can get a wagon going

Temasek22

#1059 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:54 am

BionicMole wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am

Did you get targeted last night?
Can you be more specific?

Is there a scenario where Hyde targets Jekyll when he knows Jekyll's identity and knows it will automatically fail?
Entering late game yes, but N1 almost impossible...

FlaviusAetius

#1060 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:54 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 pm
LOL

I can’t say for sure how many, but I absorbed at least one attack with my self-save. This is a great game.
Well you are definitely going to die tonight rip