MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1021 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57 am
I can't fathom why you're now trying to get me lynched unless you're mafia, but I don't know why either mafia team would take a 1-for-1 against Jekyll.
That's what's so baffling. Town was quite ready to lynch Jekyll soon enough, so why is one of you sacrificing yourself to lynch someone that was probably going to be an easy lynch anyway?
Was ND trying to get out in front of a mob? I was certainly ready to jump on the ND wagon, others were too.

But...why claim Jeckyl instead of a different PR? That doesn't make much sense either...

man...I'm sooo confused.

BunnyGo

#1022 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 am
Conversely, anyone voting ND or Chaqa right now is FUCKING STUPID.

Hyde doesn’t kill N2. Make the scum sort that shit out.
Sorry, what?

You don't want to see one of them flip sooner rather than later? You don't care to figure out why one is lying?

I mean, in general we have 6/21 odds of finding a scum. Right now, I give it 1/2 between them. And the other is Jeckyl that many (INCLUDING BOTH CHAQ AND ND) believe is no big loss to town to lose.
You’re advocating risking a mislynch of a town or in a multimafia game. The lying member is a member of one of those teams, and conversely can’t harm town until N3. There is not a reason to waste a lynch when it isn’t needed yet. Shit, I said day one jekell and Hyde was A day three lynch

In addition, if kills happen N2, and we send the guilty party to the rope, they will have the option (dear both scum teams, hear me out) of revealing who their team killed to town to try to help catch the other scumteam.
Yes. Yes I am. If you think our lynch rate is going to be 100%, then I have some bad news for you.

On the other hand, we can learn something big here. We can dig their ISOs, their arguments, etc. And somebody is lying.

Why would scum ever want to sort this out for us? They want Jeckyl around. They want the other scum around until town thins out.

ND

#1023 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 am

So you all know, it is kind of frustrating why he just doesn't drop the charade.

My role should be lynched before N3. I 100% support this.

Chaqa has now doubled down and if I do get lynched today he will be outted 100% and the lynch D3.

I mean, dude it's over. We are both getting lynched now D2-D3. Does it really matter if you get that high or kick by getting me first? Like, really? All this so you can get me mislynched when it isn't even a freaking mislynch. My role should be lynched before N3. It's optimal to the town to do so. Just tell us what you were thinking. Why shoot your mafia team in the foot for a useless trade like this? My role is yes amazingly potent as a one off like I have demonstrated. It's not wroth keeping around long term because of Hyde. So, why would you go to all this effort man. Your dead as am I. Just open up about it. There is no point in continuing this.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1024 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am

Did you get targeted last night?
Can you be more specific?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
Ummm...that's pretty stupid. More likely Hyde caught a commuter or the other doctor's heal worked. I'm still waiting for anyone to claim they were saved.

But you got no messages that someone tried to NK you? Your self-heal wasn't used?
No, I explicitly said I received a message that I protected myself.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1025 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 am
DemonRHK wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am

Sorry, what?

You don't want to see one of them flip sooner rather than later? You don't care to figure out why one is lying?

I mean, in general we have 6/21 odds of finding a scum. Right now, I give it 1/2 between them. And the other is Jeckyl that many (INCLUDING BOTH CHAQ AND ND) believe is no big loss to town to lose.
You’re advocating risking a mislynch of a town or in a multimafia game. The lying member is a member of one of those teams, and conversely can’t harm town until N3. There is not a reason to waste a lynch when it isn’t needed yet. Shit, I said day one jekell and Hyde was A day three lynch

In addition, if kills happen N2, and we send the guilty party to the rope, they will have the option (dear both scum teams, hear me out) of revealing who their team killed to town to try to help catch the other scumteam.
Yes. Yes I am. If you think our lynch rate is going to be 100%, then I have some bad news for you.

On the other hand, we can learn something big here. We can dig their ISOs, their arguments, etc. And somebody is lying.

Why would scum ever want to sort this out for us? They want Jeckyl around. They want the other scum around until town thins out.
What I am saying is make the mafia do the work, if we force their night kills all the better. We make them do our work for us and keep the rest of our I
Portent roles safe and snug in the pack.

ND

#1026 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am

and if you are on Chaqa's team you should be pissed. He has literally weakened your team for nothing. It's very sub-optimal what he has done here.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1027 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:22 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am

Did you get targeted last night?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
What? What did your EON PM say?
That I saved myself and Hyde did not kill.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1028 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 am
So you all know, it is kind of frustrating why he just doesn't drop the charade.

My role should be lynched before N3. I 100% support this.

Chaqa has now doubled down and if I do get lynched today he will be outted 100% and the lynch D3.

I mean, dude it's over. We are both getting lynched now D2-D3. Does it really matter if you get that high or kick by getting me first? Like, really? All this so you can get me mislynched when it isn't even a freaking mislynch. My role should be lynched before N3. It's optimal to the town to do so. Just tell us what you were thinking. Why shoot your mafia team in the foot for a useless trade like this? My role is yes amazingly potent as a one off like I have demonstrated. It's not wroth keeping around long term because of Hyde. So, why would you go to all this effort man. Your dead as am I. Just open up about it. There is no point in continuing this.
ND, you’re the one who needs to drop the charade. This is the worst scum play since Dargo a few games ago.

ND

#1029 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:27 am

It is very silly Chaqa to not just drop your claim and tell us what you are doing/thinking. I for one would very much like to know.

ND

#1030 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:29 am

Sigh lol man. Your too much. I don't get you. I really don't. Just please, send the GMs a message with what you are doing or thinking. It's going to bother me until I know haha. I know your reply will be some little curt message like, 'oh no ND you do that!' But, seriously between us because we both know what are roles are please send them a message about what you are doing.

BunnyGo

#1031 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:30 am

Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Ummm...that's pretty stupid. More likely Hyde caught a commuter or the other doctor's heal worked. I'm still waiting for anyone to claim they were saved.

But you got no messages that someone tried to NK you? Your self-heal wasn't used?
So somebody target you for NK, and you protected yourself?

BunnyGo

#1032 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am
BunnyGo wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

What I am saying is make the mafia do the work, if we force their night kills all the better. We make them do our work for us and keep the rest of our I
Why would scum ever flip these two for us?! They want town focused on choosing these two.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1033 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:34 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Why would scum ever flip these two for us?! They want town focused on choosing these two.
...because one of them is an doctor AND a odd night NKiller?

ND

#1034 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 am

Anyway, I got some calls I got to make. Read my posts above please.

At the end of the day with the damage i have done to the mafia teams? by mitigating them and the damage we did as a town to them D1 it hardly matters what happens here. Either me or Chaqa.

Scenario 1: if chaqa goes first we get a scum and I can use my day save on someone I read well. Then I should be lynched 100% D3 my role is harmful and needs to be removed to remove that odd numbered night kill potential. As sucky as that is to say I need to die D3 if I don't today.

or

Scenario 2: If i go first we lose the day doctor/sometimes 3p. Then Chaqa is going to be immediately end voted and killed D3. A scum is dead. Even if you think I am mafia and Chaqa is telling the truth and I am lying the same rule as above should apply (scenario 1) In that alternative universe he still needs to be killed.

That's the situation we are in. Believe me or Chaqa. I really don't care honestly I feel like I've already done enough by mitigating them and with our success D1 it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. We lose a day save n2 if i get lynched today. That's it. If the mafia are playing optimally they won't nk me because I am a free lynch D3 to get rid of Jekyll.

It's not like it's the end of the world. The game is winnable. I would advise end voting me or Chaqa to get this over with so the regular game can continue. I hate CC situations.

BionicMole

#1035 Post by BionicMole » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:39 am

frostwind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:53 pm
I put a little trap in my post by purposefully confusing who Tom had replaced. The fact Frost doesn't realize this indicates to me he isn/t paying super close attention to the game, which is actually a town tell to me.
Yeah, thought something was off lol. Since I'm moving out of my dormitory for Thanksgiving break and the general annoyingness of dynamic programming/heteronuclear molecular orbitals/integrals/number theory congruences they're all messing with my brain, probably why I missed it. tbh in other games of mafia generally my town playstyle is a lot quieter than my mafia one, since in general people think of mafia as trying to stay in the shadows and town as trying to confirm themselves.

Still a little confused about the votes for Chaqa. He's all but confirmed. Very confused as to whether ND is trying to get himself killed, I don't like his playstyle.

##VOTE ND
To me this has scum friends written all over it. Get a room guys. I'm going to hold off on etching it in stone but if it comes out that Chaq is the one bluffing the Jeckyll claim then this looks really suspect to me.

BunnyGo

#1036 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 am

Soooo...I'm thinking why ND or Chaq is trying at this point. And one reason I can think of is that ND wants the bragging rights of "winning" this claim-off with Chaq.

CmdrLikely

#1037 Post by CmdrLikely » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:52 am

At this point if we have to kill both ND and Chaqa, town will be sittin' pretty. I'm good with that!
##Vote ND

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1038 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

So somebody target you for NK, and you protected yourself?
Am I high? Are you?

I said I was protecting myself when I claimed like two days ago.

I said I was attacked and saved myself hours ago.

Bunny are you playing dumb or not paying attention?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1039 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:58 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 am
Anyway, I got some calls I got to make. Read my posts above please.

At the end of the day with the damage i have done to the mafia teams? by mitigating them and the damage we did as a town to them D1 it hardly matters what happens here. Either me or Chaqa.

Scenario 1: if chaqa goes first we get a scum and I can use my day save on someone I read well. Then I should be lynched 100% D3 my role is harmful and needs to be removed to remove that odd numbered night kill potential. As sucky as that is to say I need to die D3 if I don't today.

or

Scenario 2: If i go first we lose the day doctor/sometimes 3p. Then Chaqa is going to be immediately end voted and killed D3. A scum is dead. Even if you think I am mafia and Chaqa is telling the truth and I am lying the same rule as above should apply (scenario 1) In that alternative universe he still needs to be killed.

That's the situation we are in. Believe me or Chaqa. I really don't care honestly I feel like I've already done enough by mitigating them and with our success D1 it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. We lose a day save n2 if i get lynched today. That's it. If the mafia are playing optimally they won't nk me because I am a free lynch D3 to get rid of Jekyll.

It's not like it's the end of the world. The game is winnable. I would advise end voting me or Chaqa to get this over with so the regular game can continue. I hate CC situations.
The odd thing is, I've reached the same conclusion as ND. I'm quite dumbfounded about why he's doing this, but we'll have to lynch one of us to sort it out.

BionicMole

#1040 Post by BionicMole » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:07 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 am
Finally catch up after being away most of the da. Really interesting night result, if ND is telling the truth he really deserves the town MVP.

Tom, if I were Bob partner I would have bussed him hard, but this is pure WIFOM. I would have voted him at EOD because I didn't have a scumread on Vapor, but I wasn't online and it's just speculation.
Thx. I mean, the lightning rod gambit if played right can be successful. It has, for me, in the past. Every post I made had a purpose.
-Insulting people (drawing attention)
-Focusing on Chaqa (he was fake claiming)
-Long RXN posts (in those posts I throw around all kinds of crumbs. I wanted it to be blatant to draw a NK or mitigate a night action on one of the mafia teams)

So, I mean we can drop the bravado and the assholeishness. It's not becoming. I know that, but when you are doing a lightning rod you have to play it up. I just do it better than most and that's really not a slight on anyone. It is just what it is. When I got the night result message from the GM I was on cloud 9. Really pleased actually that it worked so well.

Whether or not you guys believe me or not doesn't really matter. I did enough damage to the mafia team by mitigating their actions onto myself to help us out. If I die or am lynched then Chaqa goes down next. Sure, he gets to get the 'last laugh' by getting me lynched. Hardly matters. It's a trade either way. If I live today then I am certainly dead tonight as I have used my doc save and even if I don't die tonight then I should be lynched D3. Hyde didn't kill N1. I wouldn't bank on the outside controller not killing with Hyde again N3 or failing to kill again N3. That kill will go through if I don't die. So I am a dead man anyway.
So this is the Dr. Jekyll post whereas your last ones were Mr. Hyde? :-D
I haven't felt great about Chaqa's claim since it happened. Gun to my head, I would tend to believe ND's claim