MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#941 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:35 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:31 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:30 am
Also you know insulting everyone in the game and being a real ass was all part of my tired and true lighting rod gambit. Just pleased it worked and I mitigated all that shit last night.
Ah yes the classic “HURR DURR I was just pretending to be stupid” defense

Please. I’m not moving my vote.
Does this mean you are not retracting your Jekyll claim?

Kitsune

#942 Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 am

##Call GM

1. Would a doctor be informed if their save had saved a target, or is the target of the nk the only person informed?

2. In the case of Jekyll/Hyde, at night there is no Jekyll. Is the Jekyll player informed the Hyde player has been attacked?

3. Based on the role description I believe Hyde is immune to 3P nk, but not to nk by maf 1 or 2 unless otherwise saved. Can you please confirm?

BunnyGo

#943 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:15 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm
Poor Gambler, they surely lost their bet...
The only downside of having no deaths at night
That, and the 1st win condition for Jack becomes more likely. Still not very likely.

worcej

#944 Post by worcej » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:49 am

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 am
##Call GM

1. Would a doctor be informed if their save had saved a target, or is the target of the nk the only person informed?

2. In the case of Jekyll/Hyde, at night there is no Jekyll. Is the Jekyll player informed the Hyde player has been attacked?

3. Based on the role description I believe Hyde is immune to 3P nk, but not to nk by maf 1 or 2 unless otherwise saved. Can you please confirm?
GM Response:
1. Only the person targeted would know.

2. Jekyll and Hyde inhabit the same body, so yes they are.

3. I can confirm that '3P NK immune' means they are only immune to 3P NK's

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#945 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 am

I'm confused. I don't understand why someone would fakeclaim Jekyll.

xorxes

#946 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:51 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Moriarty team looks stronger.

I don't see the benefit of le gamin claiming. They would just be ignored.
I have a feeling Damo is in the Burke and Hare team...
Was the feeling just because he said Moriarty team looks stronger? Do you still think the same after Bob's flip (damo was reluctant to lynch Bob and wanted to lynch Vapor instead)?

BunnyGo

#947 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:55 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 pm
LOL

I can’t say for sure how many, but I absorbed at least one attack with my self-save. This is a great game.
You know for certain that you were attacked?

Kitsune

#948 Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:59 am

Well as only nk targets know they’ve been targeted, would anyone else like to claim they’ve survived a night attack?

Hot tip for false claims - if you’re maf group and you know damn well you didn’t order a particular attack last night, odds are the false claimants are your rival Mafia faction. Feel free to follow your win condition.

xorxes

#949 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:00 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Starting the game on this weekend is pretty bad to me I don't have time to play decently. And I will probably be offline at EOD.

Right now I got solid towny vibes from Dargo and emc. Bunny and Xorxes had good moments but they could be hunting the other faction. And I think Chaqa is really Jekkil.

I don't like the Bob "claim" thing and justification, looks a lot like Ezio last game. I still don't like Damo, it's a bit of OMGUS but I have a feeling I might've hit something to get him to be so defensive to the point of voting me. I have also a weird feeling about Temasek too, but it's about tone.

As Bob is already receiving pressure ##vote Damo
This is the post Tom was referring to. I can see rivera as Bob's teammate posting this, but I can also see town rivera posting this. I also voted for Computer because Bob's wagon was too big and had no competition even though I had some suspicion of Bob, so I don't really fault rivera for trying to start another wagon. Voting for some other wagon that already had some traction would have been more effective, but maybe he didn't like any of the alternatives. So, not enough for me to vote for rivera today.

In any case we need to sort this ND/Chaqa mess.

purplecow

#950 Post by purplecow » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:01 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:58 pm
You mafia bastards really thought it would be that easy?

Come on now. I am a LITERAL GOD BITCHES
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:23 am
Anyway, now that my amusement is over may as well do this. Chaqa is lying 100% I day targeted myself and deliberately softed so many crumbs to act as a lightning rod. My role is a detriment. I didn't intend to live long and wanted to take as much heat and potentially mitigate as many night actions onto myself as I could night 1
Well ND has completely changed.
Also Vecna was making a bit more sense in the night posts.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#951 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:03 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:00 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Starting the game on this weekend is pretty bad to me I don't have time to play decently. And I will probably be offline at EOD.

Right now I got solid towny vibes from Dargo and emc. Bunny and Xorxes had good moments but they could be hunting the other faction. And I think Chaqa is really Jekkil.

I don't like the Bob "claim" thing and justification, looks a lot like Ezio last game. I still don't like Damo, it's a bit of OMGUS but I have a feeling I might've hit something to get him to be so defensive to the point of voting me. I have also a weird feeling about Temasek too, but it's about tone.

As Bob is already receiving pressure ##vote Damo
This is the post Tom was referring to. I can see rivera as Bob's teammate posting this, but I can also see town rivera posting this. I also voted for Computer because Bob's wagon was too big and had no competition even though I had some suspicion of Bob, so I don't really fault rivera for trying to start another wagon. Voting for some other wagon that already had some traction would have been more effective, but maybe he didn't like any of the alternatives. So, not enough for me to vote for rivera today.

In any case we need to sort this ND/Chaqa mess.
I sort of agree. Its not damning in a sense that he is confirmed scum, but its noticeable and I think warrants a vote considering I don't have much to go on. The difference between you doing it and him doing it is that you found you way back to the Bob wagon. He cast shade on Bob and never voted him. I know rivera occassionaly misses EOD's but I won't allow that as an excuse.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#952 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 am

Also, I think Bunny is town on a re-read. I like the loose play, and the thought process of searching for words without meaning. Seems genuine versus forced.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#953 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 am

Finally catch up after being away most of the da. Really interesting night result, if ND is telling the truth he really deserves the town MVP.

Tom, if I were Bob partner I would have bussed him hard, but this is pure WIFOM. I would have voted him at EOD because I didn't have a scumread on Vapor, but I wasn't online and it's just speculation.

ND

#954 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:16 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:32 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 am
##vote chaqa

##end
So what was scum!Chaqa trying to accomplish?
Honestly man, I couldn't tell you. Part of the low iq Chaqa thing was well just me being an ass; part of it was I genuinely surprised he was claiming my role D1. But I did focus on him for a reason. He was fake claiming. I don't really know what his game is, but I'm sure he will talk about it in the god thread or after the game. I am as interested to know as you.

frostwind

#955 Post by frostwind » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:53 pm
I put a little trap in my post by purposefully confusing who Tom had replaced. The fact Frost doesn't realize this indicates to me he isn/t paying super close attention to the game, which is actually a town tell to me.
Yeah, thought something was off lol. Since I'm moving out of my dormitory for Thanksgiving break and the general annoyingness of dynamic programming/heteronuclear molecular orbitals/integrals/number theory congruences they're all messing with my brain, probably why I missed it. tbh in other games of mafia generally my town playstyle is a lot quieter than my mafia one, since in general people think of mafia as trying to stay in the shadows and town as trying to confirm themselves.

Still a little confused about the votes for Chaqa. He's all but confirmed. Very confused as to whether ND is trying to get himself killed, I don't like his playstyle.

##VOTE ND

ND

#956 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am
ND wrote:
Anyway, now that my amusement is over may as well do this. Chaqa is lying 100% I day targeted myself and deliberately softed so many crumbs to act as a lightning rod. My role is a detriment. I didn't intend to live long and wanted to take as much heat and potentially mitigate as many night actions onto myself as I could night 1
Hyde would not target you unless he wanted to withhold his NK, so even if both scum teams targeted you, Hyde's kill must have been blocked by another method.
Hyde DID NOT kill last night. In my message I was told I was RB, NK targeted, and that Hyde didn't kill anyone.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#957 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:19 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:51 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Moriarty team looks stronger.

I don't see the benefit of le gamin claiming. They would just be ignored.
I have a feeling Damo is in the Burke and Hare team...
Was the feeling just because he said Moriarty team looks stronger? Do you still think the same after Bob's flip (damo was reluctant to lynch Bob and wanted to lynch Vapor instead)?
To me it's a weird comment to come from a town. It's look more like a member of a scumteam that resents the other team being stronger. But it's a really weak reason to scumread someone, I didn't even intend to vote him. But his defensive reaction, even voting me, could be a signal I have hit something.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#958 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:22 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am
ND wrote:
Hyde would not target you unless he wanted to withhold his NK, so even if both scum teams targeted you, Hyde's kill must have been blocked by another method.
Hyde DID NOT kill last night. In my message I was told I was RB, NK targeted, and that Hyde didn't kill anyone.
Didn't kill or didn't try to kill?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#959 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am

fwiw, I think I believe ND over Chaqa. Though still working through any motivation Chaqa would have to do so.

ND

#960 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 am
Finally catch up after being away most of the da. Really interesting night result, if ND is telling the truth he really deserves the town MVP.

Tom, if I were Bob partner I would have bussed him hard, but this is pure WIFOM. I would have voted him at EOD because I didn't have a scumread on Vapor, but I wasn't online and it's just speculation.
Thx. I mean, the lightning rod gambit if played right can be successful. It has, for me, in the past. Every post I made had a purpose.
-Insulting people (drawing attention)
-Focusing on Chaqa (he was fake claiming)
-Long RXN posts (in those posts I throw around all kinds of crumbs. I wanted it to be blatant to draw a NK or mitigate a night action on one of the mafia teams)

So, I mean we can drop the bravado and the assholeishness. It's not becoming. I know that, but when you are doing a lightning rod you have to play it up. I just do it better than most and that's really not a slight on anyone. It is just what it is. When I got the night result message from the GM I was on cloud 9. Really pleased actually that it worked so well.

Whether or not you guys believe me or not doesn't really matter. I did enough damage to the mafia team by mitigating their actions onto myself to help us out. If I die or am lynched then Chaqa goes down next. Sure, he gets to get the 'last laugh' by getting me lynched. Hardly matters. It's a trade either way. If I live today then I am certainly dead tonight as I have used my doc save and even if I don't die tonight then I should be lynched D3. Hyde didn't kill N1. I wouldn't bank on the outside controller not killing with Hyde again N3 or failing to kill again N3. That kill will go through if I don't die. So I am a dead man anyway.