MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#821 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:49 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:48 am
It baffles me that Katel doesn't know who I am. He should be bowing at my feet. I am after all the literal God of this game. There isn't a single player on this site that even comes close to matching my intellectual prowess or power of deduction. If you spent a day reading all my past games, and this goes for all the mental midgets in this game, then I guarantee you that your mind will expand with so much knowledge you couldn't contain it. But even containing 1% would be an improvement over most of what you losers bring to the table.
Says the guy that didn't think Bob was scum. Results, not words, please.
BIG FACTS

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#822 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 pm

I guess I don’t really know what you are asking xorx. What do you mean thinking in terms of Jacks knife?

Vapors question only seemed odd in that the answer was pretty obvious, but I don’t know what you find suspicious about it

FlaviusAetius

#823 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:53 am
KalelChase wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:49 am

Says the guy that didn't think Bob was scum. Results, not words, please.
Maybe ND *knew* that Bob was scum?
Oh Snap! Dudeee. Maybe you *knew* that Bob was scum!
Or
Oh Snap! Maaybee everyone who didn't vote for Bob knew he was scum!
Or
Oh Snap! Maybe X *knew* he was scum! Or maybe it was Y who *knew* he was scum!

Two people knew. Now that we have an actual flip it's time to deduce and mine connections. That's far more valuable then running around saying oh snap! maybe *x* *knew* he was scum! That's just stupid.

it's baseless content (what you just said) vs. actual data driven content. If you think I knew then prove it through data. At the end of the day now that we have a flip I can do what I am best at. And, that's, putting this shitshow together. Of course the low IQ types (chaqa, bo, etc) will ignore everything I say and spew ignorance in the thread. But, I have to put up with these annoyances. I did after all sign up to play this dump of a game.
:? why are you acting like your immune from criticism, you always always always operate on the fact that you are 'god' and cannot be challenged, and anyone who does challenge you is low iq. like cmon dude, how about you actually address people :? or no, you'd rather insult your way out of everything, honestly hilarious

he was giving a guess, it wasnt a certainty and then you had to go and blow up on him, why? maybe because you cant handle the pressure, and so are trying to act all macho, when really your just weak :lol: guess time will tell

xorxes

#824 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 pm
I guess I don’t really know what you are asking xorx. What do you mean thinking in terms of Jacks knife?

Vapors question only seemed odd in that the answer was pretty obvious, but I don’t know what you find suspicious about it
Why mention a knife at all if he had not read about it in Jack's role description? Where did he get the idea that Jack's knife was a relevant thing? That's what bothers me.

FlaviusAetius

#825 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:02 pm
purplecow wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:58 am
Sometimes, even a Sage such as myself can be wrong.
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:48 am
It baffles me that Katel doesn't know who I am. He should be bowing at my feet. I am after all the literal God of this game. There isn't a single player on this site that even comes close to matching my intellectual prowess or power of deduction. If you spent a day reading all my past games, and this goes for all the mental midgets in this game, then I guarantee you that your mind will expand with so much knowledge you couldn't contain it. But even containing 1% would be an improvement over most of what you losers bring to the table.
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:13 am
I thought it was a bullshit wagon. Sue me, I didn't get a D1 wagon correct. Sniff your own excess, you got one right. Don't let it go to your head. Results over a longer period matter more than a momentary success.
So are you the best Mafia player or not?
Why do you have to be such a stuck-up?
I'm fairly new as well (this my fourth game) and he has been fairly impressive the last three. Don't mind him, it's part of his playstyle
No no no, I played with ND before, this is WAYYYY over the top

FlaviusAetius

#826 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:05 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 am
##vote Flavius

(just having a giraffe really but then again why not).

I assume Bob is a Male vt
I don't see why you would assume he is male. It looks like fishing.
this argument aint up to dick
damo was right that Bob was male...

FlaviusAetius

#827 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey everyone. This is the first time I feel like I’ve subbed into a game and didn’t have a completely daunting read ahead of me to catch up. I hope to be caught up after work today and ready to go.
What are your first impressions after seeing the role you got?
And do you think Vapor handled it well?

@bo_sox same question to you

FlaviusAetius

#828 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 pm
I see I was the scum counterwagon, so Im basically a townclear and everyone should listen to me :)

But really, upon first glance I’m suspicious of rdrivera for his comment along the lines of Bob looks bad...but I’m going to vote Damo because Bob already has pressure on him.
false there's two scum teams so we have no idea what you are :?
Bob's comment WAS bad, its just using that A LONE is not a good look

FlaviusAetius

#829 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:34 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 pm
If you search the thread for the word "knife", these are the first three posts that contain that word:
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 pm
You are WILLIAM BURKE, the GRAVE ROBBER

During the day you must vote for a suspect.
Once per game, at NIGHT, you may visit the grave of a character that has died by whatever means. You will recover any ITEMS which had been in their possession on their death, and may use those items just as if you were their original owner, although limited-use items are not recharged.

If you obtain a NOTEBOOK, you will find out who the owner of that notebook investigated, and the results – obtaining a notebook does not give you the ability to scan, track or watch for yourself. If you obtain Jack’s KNIFE, this does not give your team an additional nightkill. Instead, if you yourself are targeted by a nightly killing action while in possession of the knife, you will kill your assailant instead (the knife is then discarded).
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 pm
You are JACK, the WHITEHALL RIPPER

On EVEN numbered nights, you may perform a Night Kill using your KNIFE (item) on any player. If you target Mr. Hyde, your attack will fail.

You win the game if either of the following points is reached:

1. You have personally killed THREE female characters with your knife, by any point in the game.

2. The game reaches a point where only you and Dr.Jekyll / Mr.Hyde are left alive. At that point, Mr.Hyde wins with you, and Dr.Jekyll the rest of town, and the Mafia factions (which by this point are dead) all lose.

You are Third Party NK immune.
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm
Hyde doesn't win, but Jekyll does with town?

Anyway, there are so many nuances to this character, I think Jack is far more dangerous

Jack + scumbags, that's where we need to look

also I'm not sure if someone else killing a female will input a success onto Jack or rather that he needs to kill those ladies with his own knife
:shock:
So nobody had mentioned knives before Vapor other than the role PMs. My question to everyone, but especially to Tom is, why was Vapor thinking in terms of Jack's knife if he did not know that Jack needed to kill his victims with his own knife?
I already explained this, everyone knew the knife thing so it literally could of been anyone, on top of that we were talking about Jack the Ripper, and ON TOP of that using the word knife isnt controversial.
ALSO, you were questioning whether or not vapor had a scum slip, yet RIGHT HERE is the scum slip you asked if it existed :? seems like your being a bad faith actor here, and purposefully not understanding things, and trying to muddy the waters

FlaviusAetius

#830 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Why mention a knife at all if he had not read about it in Jack's role description? Where did he get the idea that Jack's knife was a relevant thing? That's what bothers me.
Maybe he went back and read? Is that really so hard to believe? Your latching onto such a weak point oh my god
We were ALL talking about it, so not sure what your getting at
And what did you want him to say? Gun? Would that have settled this all for you?

xorxes

#831 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:43 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:34 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 pm
If you search the thread for the word "knife", these are the first three posts that contain that word:
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 pm
You are WILLIAM BURKE, the GRAVE ROBBER

During the day you must vote for a suspect.
Once per game, at NIGHT, you may visit the grave of a character that has died by whatever means. You will recover any ITEMS which had been in their possession on their death, and may use those items just as if you were their original owner, although limited-use items are not recharged.

If you obtain a NOTEBOOK, you will find out who the owner of that notebook investigated, and the results – obtaining a notebook does not give you the ability to scan, track or watch for yourself. If you obtain Jack’s KNIFE, this does not give your team an additional nightkill. Instead, if you yourself are targeted by a nightly killing action while in possession of the knife, you will kill your assailant instead (the knife is then discarded).
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 pm
You are JACK, the WHITEHALL RIPPER

On EVEN numbered nights, you may perform a Night Kill using your KNIFE (item) on any player. If you target Mr. Hyde, your attack will fail.

You win the game if either of the following points is reached:

1. You have personally killed THREE female characters with your knife, by any point in the game.

2. The game reaches a point where only you and Dr.Jekyll / Mr.Hyde are left alive. At that point, Mr.Hyde wins with you, and Dr.Jekyll the rest of town, and the Mafia factions (which by this point are dead) all lose.

You are Third Party NK immune.
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm
Hyde doesn't win, but Jekyll does with town?

Anyway, there are so many nuances to this character, I think Jack is far more dangerous

Jack + scumbags, that's where we need to look

also I'm not sure if someone else killing a female will input a success onto Jack or rather that he needs to kill those ladies with his own knife
:shock:
So nobody had mentioned knives before Vapor other than the role PMs. My question to everyone, but especially to Tom is, why was Vapor thinking in terms of Jack's knife if he did not know that Jack needed to kill his victims with his own knife?
I already explained this, everyone knew the knife thing so it literally could of been anyone, on top of that we were talking about Jack the Ripper, and ON TOP of that using the word knife isnt controversial.
ALSO, you were questioning whether or not vapor had a scum slip, yet RIGHT HERE is the scum slip you asked if it existed :? seems like your being a bad faith actor here, and purposefully not understanding things, and trying to muddy the waters
The one you claimed had a scumslip and I questioned was Bob, not Vapor.

xorxes

#832 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Maybe he went back and read? Is that really so hard to believe? Your latching onto such a weak point oh my god
We were ALL talking about it, so not sure what your getting at
And what did you want him to say? Gun? Would that have settled this all for you?
I should probably stop engaging with you since you obviously don't understand a word of what I say.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#833 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 pm
bozo feels off, and I like him for the other scumteam atm. The voteswapping feels like an attempt at an discovered lynch assurance.
How do you mean Bozo feels off?

I agree he's playing differently to his usual style (hence my own scumlean on him), but I'd like to hear what you've discovered.

And...

What is Discovered Lynch Assurance?

Discovered Lynch is my play on a Discovered Check in chess. You place yourself on the wagon to prop it up, then bail on it to get your real target (The #2 wagon) Lynched, and I think he may have been trying to ensure (assurance) that came to pass.

As for bozo, he made a lot of posts D1 but not with a ton on content. He floated the idea of a town pr outting and being lynched D1.

His vote went from frost for self voting (on the notion he didn't wish to offend town) to doing that exact thing by parking on a missing player, going to vapor for less than 60 seconds before flipping back.

Kitsune

#834 Post by Kitsune » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 pm
Kitsune wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 pm
bozo feels off, and I like him for the other scumteam atm. The voteswapping feels like an attempt at an discovered lynch assurance.
How do you mean Bozo feels off?

I agree he's playing differently to his usual style (hence my own scumlean on him), but I'd like to hear what you've discovered.

And...

What is Discovered Lynch Assurance?

Discovered Lynch is my play on a Discovered Check in chess. You place yourself on the wagon to prop it up, then bail on it to get your real target (The #2 wagon) Lynched, and I think he may have been trying to ensure (assurance) that came to pass.

As for bozo, he made a lot of posts D1 but not with a ton on content. He floated the idea of a town pr outting and being lynched D1.

His vote went from frost for self voting (on the notion he didn't wish to offend town) to doing that exact thing by parking on a missing player, going to vapor for less than 60 seconds before flipping back.
Thanks for explaining, that's a good term for it. Not sure if that's what he was doing, but I'll look at the vote movement once we're in D2 (assuming I'm around to do so) with that in mind.

On Bozo, my own read was based on meta. In my previous two games with him he's been town twice, and both times went to the mat D1 with a clever (if flawed) scheme he aggressively tried to enlist everyone into, sometimes branding them scummy if they didn't cooperate.

This Bozo seem a bit more reserved, a bit more thoughtful. He feels off to me, so I'm pointing in his direction too.

And, I guess I'm pointing to him for the other scum factions as well XD It's interesting when scum has a motive to kill scum as well, to try to cut down on that nk maybe coming down against them.

xorxes

#835 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 pm

Hopefully someone will list all the people that agreed with bozo's idea but did nothing to push for a lynch after Chaqa claimed. There were several. Maybe bozo has that list already since he usually likes to collect that kind of poll results.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#836 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:34 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:35 am

Welcome to the city of London. Let me buy you a drink, you can catch me up on all your thoughts as you catch up on day 1.
Who says I'm gonna catch up on day 1
Here is "your" contribution from D1:
Computer_Genius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.
I voted for Computer_Genius when it looked like he was not going to come back and vote, because he either had already lost interest in the game, or did not feel comfortable enough to proceed and deliberately allowed himself to get replaced, and I think the latter is more likely if he was mafia.
So you voted for a new guy who was set to be modkilled, and you voted for him because he was absent. Your ability to suck is a marvel of this universe.

Do you think Computer Genius was mafia? Keep in mind that you voted to lynch him. Likewise, do you think new people simply lose interest or fall off the pace of this game, or is every new person that leaves so uncomfortable by the fact that they drew mafia, a role they likely don’t even understand, that they never show their face again?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#837 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm
For the bot, once more with feeling!

bo_sox48 has replaced Computer_Genius
You know if you keep messing up you’ll keep getting +1s for trying, right?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#838 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey everyone. This is the first time I feel like I’ve subbed into a game and didn’t have a completely daunting read ahead of me to catch up. I hope to be caught up after work today and ready to go.
What are your first impressions after seeing the role you got?
And do you think Vapor handled it well?

@bo_sox same question to you
My impressions are that I am the role I was given, and Vapor handled my role extremely well even though he didn’t know it. Thanks for asking such a finely tuned, worthwhile question.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#839 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Having read the last 5 pages or so, I fully expect bozo to have no less than 10 votes on him out of the gate. Everyone seems to hate him.

xorxes

#840 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 pm
Having read the last 5 pages or so, I fully expect bozo to have no less than 10 votes on him out of the gate. Everyone seems to hate him.
I don't think bozo will be mislynched.