MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#501 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Starting the game on this weekend is pretty bad to me I don't have time to play decently. And I will probably be offline at EOD.

Right now I got solid towny vibes from Dargo and emc. Bunny and Xorxes had good moments but they could be hunting the other faction. And I think Chaqa is really Jekkil.

I don't like the Bob "claim" thing and justification, looks a lot like Ezio last game. I still don't like Damo, it's a bit of OMGUS but I have a feeling I might've hit something to get him to be so defensive to the point of voting me. I have also a weird feeling about Temasek too, but it's about tone.

As Bob is already receiving pressure ##vote Damo

CmdrLikely

#502 Post by CmdrLikely » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Feels like a toss up right now between No Lynch and Bob. Anything is better than No Lynch, but I still feel voting out an absentee is guaranteed win-win. I agree that No Lynch is a bit better in this setup compared to others, but it's still not ideal. I'm keeping my vote on Computer_Genius for now, but if we absolutely need another vote to make something happen, I'll join the bandwagon before EOD.

Jamiet99uk

#503 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:30 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.5

BobMcBob(4) Vaporwave, dargorygel, BunnyGo, ItsHosuke
No‑Lynch(2) Temasek22, Chaqa
Computer_Genius(2) CmdrLikely, xorxes
ND(1) Vecna
rdrivera2005(1) damo666
Vecna(1) purplecow
frostwind(1) frostwind
Vaporwave(1) BobMcBob
Damo666(1) rdivera2005

Unvoted: BionicMole

BobMcBob is set to be lynched.

Everyone MUST vote by EoD.

7 hours and 30 minutes remain on the first day.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#504 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:13 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:38 am

Tell me what you guys think, I want the best for us.
What do you think will be different tomorrow? We'll have Xorxes dead, because at least one scum team is going to target him, and no doctor will (Chaq already said 1 of them won't). We'll have 3 dead bodies. And then what? Wait around for this gang war to continue and sit at home like demur little victorians and hope the scum off each other or the detective gets lucky?
I'll give you town points for changing your interaction based on requests from the team (because when you're 'on' you're really valuable, despite my aversion to 'noise'), but this is pretty ironic for someone who was lurking so much until recently.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#505 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 am
@noobs don't be put off by ND"s abrasive style. It's just him messing around.
Damo,

Influencing us (gonna keep myself in newbie slot) that don't have a ND meta would imply that you are town leaning him? Or are you just trying to influence us to stay neutral? If the former can you give us a bit more 'reason'?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#506 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:04 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Something to note for the future
IF we find out that chaqa is not Jekklish... but being clever chaqa... there are some interesting connections between chaqa and ND that might prove to be scum communicating pre-QT.
Wouldn't the real doctor counter claim... or at least vote for Chaqa?

BionicMole

#507 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm trying to find a place for my vote. I can't see jumping on the Bob wagon because he sucks at telling jokes and nobody likes his rhyme scheme. I think I will give my vote to the absent guy that I have no history with until I get further information from him. This may seem like the lazy way but even if ComputerG is town, he is not helping us solve the game.

##vote Computer

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#508 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:06 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:41 pm
OK, so Bunny has given us something. I'm not unhappy with the Bob wagon, but I think we need more competition.

##VOTE Comp I guess for now.
You're voting someone just because we need competition?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#509 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm
Let's visit peterbot and choose a suspect..

##VOTE Bob

I've disliked everything he's posted so far
Vapor, can you give us a little more about what it is you disliked?
Is it the poetry, or all the ... "oh, it's just a joke phase" statements?
many things, how he chose a female role for a comedic claim, how he hedges on whether Hyde should be lynched or not
and he just fluffs and fluffs

it's a bit depressing so my vote stays

I'm not updated with his posts, so

who's your main fishy fellow, Kalel?
Saved this one for last. I'm pretty optimistic in my assessments (to a fault) so there are more town points than scum points getting assigned. Players in my sheet might actually have positive (town) points, but be in the bottom of the stack rank anyway. My current top (bottom points) scum would be...

RDR (Mostly for pocketing Xorx. Seems to be manipulating rather than making cases. + points for pointing a finger at Damo who...)
Damo (Unjustified Flavus, then retributive to RDR, & trying to influence newbies on ND (which could be justified).

Lots of players tied for 0 after that including Bob who lost points for unjustified claim and flip-flopping early. He's gone after Vapor and Xorx in a justified way, so play has gotten better since start, but that really depends on if he's right about them, which we don't know yet.

##VOTE BOB

ND

#510 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

“I latched onto to Vecna because emc had to translate.
It wouldn't be a problem if Vecna had either translated it themselves or roleplayed in english people can actually understand.”
Purple, 12,

Line of questioning about Purple “latching” onto Vecna. I.E. from Flav to Purple. Question @Purple: Why did you latch onto Vecna or anyone for that matter? Vecna is trash. Literally the worst person in the world to “Latch” onto.

Reply: To Xorxes and hangeron BionicMole
“I would also like to know what point you a referring to in this message, for clarification.”
Page 12

Point was in regards to what Bozo was saying on Page 4 or something.

“Wow... I wasn't really expecting this.”
Darg, 13, expressing I guess dismay? That's the way I read it. Dismay, perhaps, that Chaqa has claimed? I don’t see a downside if Hyde gets obliterated; it means one less NK. Also removes this outside controller from the game.@Darg why are you upset about this?

“I, with great anticipation, desperately await the day when ND and Flav get into an argument in thread, it will increase the intelligence of all us spectators exponentially.”
Einstein, 14, yeah I mean like it’s so pro-town to enter content that longingly wishes for other people to get into arguments. If you can’t read the sarcasm then you are well very clearly a mental midget.

“It is likely useless to look more into it until he comes back and talks more, or if he is lynched today, which has been a pretty on-going trend when he chooses this type of playstyle.”
Einstein, 14, that’s a big true right there.

“Bo_sox and Maniac are actually two of my top guesses for Mr. Hyde, not that it matters. Fun little game.”
Chaqa, 14, haha. I mean, why even bother speculating on who the outside controller is? It could literally be anyone. It could be some random moron that signed up and played one game three years ago.

This is for @all: Speculating on who the controller really only introduces negative theorycrafting. It's a circular speculation with no clear answer. It would be like me saying, OH I wonder who is watching this game and reading it, but isn’t actually playing in it? Like, who knows, who cares, and no one is going to ever know who the controller is until the game is done. It could be one of dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people who have played in the past. The only thing we have going for us, is knowing the people in the community it is most likely an idiot.

“I lurk regardless of alignment. It really has more to do with how busy I am at the time.”
Chaqa, 14, thanks for the explanation. Glad you are committed to the game.

“That would be some ballsy play from a scum!Chaqa.”
Einstein, 15
I’ve been playing with Chaqa since M8, and GMed with him. Let me tell you, he really isn’t that smart. If he is lying I would be floored because he is usually stupider than a bag of lead blocks.

“Bozo... Why are you so very very very very interested in the 3p folk ?”
Darg, 15, yeah this is a good point. Like Bozo has been a consistent hound on this issue since the game started. It’s a valid observation from Darg here.

“I don't like bunny's lurk persona. People get busy, I know... But he didn't give an explanation.” Darg, 15
Open question; Who is bunny? Secondly, @Darg: At the time of writing this why focus on Bunny and no one else who has a low post count?

More to come in my next installment. Was going to post more last night but I passed out drunk in my bath robe.

bozotheclown

#511 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:34 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:08 pm
Bozo... Why are you so very very very very interested in the 3p folk ? I understand it to some degree, but do an iso of yourself. You are a pretty heavy poster, and unless I missed something, you have referred to 3p in every post but three.

Maybe this doesn't matter, maybe town bozo would be just as focussed on 3p as scumbozo... But I think 3p are more a danger to scum than town. And you seem so very obsessed.
Agreed, except I've found in the past that as much as bozo focuses on mechanics, he's usually wrong with the analysis of the mechanics. So this is NAI IMHO.
That is a vague statement and therefore impossible to defend. Can you give me specific examples of where you felt I was wrong? I assume you are referring to M50.

CmdrLikely

#512 Post by CmdrLikely » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm

ND, thanks for your thoughts. What do you think about the movement to lynch BobMcBob?

Jamiet99uk

#513 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.6

BobMcBob(5) Vaporwave, dargorygel, BunnyGo, ItsHosuke, KalelChase
Computer_Genius(3) CmdrLikely, xorxes, BionicMole
No‑Lynch(2) Temasek22, Chaqa
ND(1) Vecna
rdrivera2005(1) damo666
Vecna(1) purplecow
frostwind(1) frostwind
Vaporwave(1) BobMcBob
damo666(1) rdrivera2005

BobMcBob is set to be lynched.

Everyone MUST vote by EoD.

6 hours and 20 minutes remain.

bozotheclown

#514 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm

frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
[not in character, in case anyone was wondering]

Just got off a very long bus ride through multiple states (USA, for reference, think about driving all the way through Greece into Bulgaria :( ) and immediately got hit by a good 350 posts of information all on this mafia game. This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so...

##VOTE FROSTWIND

My logic on this is:
  1. First, I haven't gotten enough information right now to make a judgement call, but I'm a staunch believer in using the town's greatest ability: to execute people.
  2. Second, this vote forces me to make a second post once I'm done with my analysis. That way I can stay away from violating any rules
  3. Third, there are no suicidal roles [at least as far as I remember] in this game, so I can show my openness to town questioning me.
Finally, a question to the moderators: is it acceptable to scrape data from either the WebDip forums or mafia.peterlund.se? It would greatly aid in a quick automated check of each player's messages.
##VOTE frostwind

I do not like self votes in general, and this vote in particular seems like it is meant to avoid offend any town with a vote.

BionicMole

#515 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:52 pm

@ND
Reply: To Xorxes and hangeron BionicMole
“I would also like to know what point you a referring to in this message, for clarification.”
Page 12

Point was in regards to what Bozo was saying on Page 4 or something.

Oh, about Jekyll (Hyde) eventually killing more town then he saves. Thanks

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#516 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm

##Vote BionicMole

He made a post that struck all of the wrong cords with me:
BionicMole wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 am
I was 3P last game as the chameleon, which was basically a VT. You misread me that time when we had xorxes on the ropes and could have lynched the assasin. Don't make the same mistake. I said I would change my vote when/if you stopped lurking and I stand by that. But before I do, I would like to know why you single me out from the others that have the same issues about you being absent?
This is an attempt to deflect based on previous meta. One has nothing to do with the other and is a reach case for when you have nothing hard in the current game to use as evidence to disuade a case.

No Lynch is a terrible idea. Even scum has a 20% chance to vote for a target beneficial to us.

As an expert in the art of suicide-voting/hammering, I don't like frostwind's suivote. It seems dishonest.

ND is on the radar somewhat, aggro to the point of troll reads to me like his scum meta.

bozotheclown

#517 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Starting the game on this weekend is pretty bad to me I don't have time to play decently. And I will probably be offline at EOD.

Right now I got solid towny vibes from Dargo and emc. Bunny and Xorxes had good moments but they could be hunting the other faction. And I think Chaqa is really Jekkil.

I don't like the Bob "claim" thing and justification, looks a lot like Ezio last game. I still don't like Damo, it's a bit of OMGUS but I have a feeling I might've hit something to get him to be so defensive to the point of voting me. I have also a weird feeling about Temasek too, but it's about tone.

As Bob is already receiving pressure ##vote Damo
I do not doubt this is true, but stating it seems defensive, trying to avoid getting scum read for lurking.

ND

#518 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:02 pm

“I thought it was obvious. I want Hyde to get exactly one kill off before I get killed. This will remove a threat from town (Hyde) and allow me to use my ability twice, as well as keep town focused on other scum hunting endeavors while allowing me to lead the town a bit until we have other confirmed or semi-confirmed townies to join in leadership duties.”

Chaqa, 16. This is kind of frightening. We are going to be led by a real low IQ person but I guess it’s what the cards have dealt us. Unless someone CCs but that seems unlikely to me.

“Really? Doesn't Night 1 count as the first "odd night"?”
Einstein, 16, uh yeah. This is why Chaqa is a real low-iq individual.

“I am not sure why Chaqa said Mr. Hyde is not active until N3,”
Bozo, 16, news flash dude guy isn’t playing with a full deck of cards.

BionicMole-Xorxes
Interesting to note that these two are voting Bunny, whoever that is, for ‘lurking’ Pp. 17

Dargorgel
Interesting that Darg doesn’t join the Bunny wagon he softed earlier, but instead votes some other random loser. Pp. 17.

“Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.”
Oh Hai, Computer Genius, 17. Great opening post. /Sarcasm. Now that you have “bookmarked” the game tell us what you have learned after 17 pages.

“Go, ND, go! We impatiently await your genius input”
Einstein, 18. It’s been rolling out. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anything resembling genius from you, but oh well. Not everyone is a literal god.

Frostwind’s entry into the game is fairly potent. Question about this though: “This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so…” Frostwind, 18
What kind of strategy do you need to develop? Read the game. Be a master of deduction like me and figure it out.

“Fine I'll post something and then respond to you (because clearly I'm needed to liven this game up) and then disappear again.”
Bunny, 18
Not a big fan of this post. Honestly, the game revolves around more than one person, i.e. everyone and in a game of 20+ people one person’s absence hardly matters D1. It's noteworthy and perhaps questionable, but there is always enough content D1 to avoid lynching a 'lurker'. What is important is that several people have directly called you out with a vote implying that you are on their radar for whatever reason. Since I haven’t played the last few games, I gather that you have some kind of meta. In any case, waiting a long time to post is not really helpful and question must be asked why enter the game with analysis so late in the day. Looks like Bunny “likes” me on Page 19. Hnmm. Let’s add Bunny to the Pager monologue club. Glad we got another one who can talk to himself for a page.

“I'm here, still trying to understand the mechanics and all the mechanics talk.”
That’s good ItsHosuke /sarcasm. I’m glad you are here and waiting patiently and listening to all of the mechanics talk. As well know just dwelling on mechanics and talking solely about mechanics after 20 pages is so helpful and obviously pro-town. It’s not like mafia hide behind mechanics discussion because they have nothing valid to say or anything. WOW.

“We should definitely Lynch instead of NoLynch.”
Cmdr, 21
Big true right here. No lynch is essentially ceding the day to the mafia. Lynch is essential for the town to act. Those who advocate a no lynch want the status que to remain the same going into the night which will be effected by a multitude of mafia/3p actions. It removes the town’s chance to mitigate night actions. So anyone saying no lynch seriously is either very dumb and a weak link to the town or a scum bag.

“I'm thinking ND is being a bit *too* abrasive but I may just not remember how he plays - probably NAI.”
Chaqa 21
Yeah not like you have played with me for years Chaqa. Wow. Let’s look at these statements
Vecna said he’d be absent, didn’t he? -bad memory or lack of knowledge to search a name in the bot either way low iq.
Xorxes seems off -a nonsensical statement, how is he off?
Kit is MIA, k?

OH MY GOD
CHAQA LOL actually advocates for a no lynch
“I can't believe I'm going to advocate this - having been a victim of the first-ever WebDip Mafia lynch for supporting it - but in this SPECIFIC setup, I think a Day 1 no-lynch may actually be a not-terrible idea.”
Chaqa 21

Please just refer to my post above about people who advocate for no lynch. WOW.

WOW. There is a lot to digest in these pages. I am definitely clued into a few people here, but want to read the last few pages first. I am going to run to the grocery store, but if anyone has any questions for me post them I'll get to them as I catch up here. The final installment will be coming soon.

purplecow

#519 Post by purplecow » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Line of questioning about Purple “latching” onto Vecna. I.E. from Flav to Purple. Question @Purple: Why did you latch onto Vecna or anyone for that matter? Vecna is trash. Literally the worst person in the world to “Latch” onto.
I was using the terminology Flav was. I am willing to change my vote for anyone else I deem suspicious.

frostwind

#520 Post by frostwind » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:24 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm
##VOTE frostwind

I do not like self votes in general, and this vote in particular seems like it is meant to avoid offend any town with a vote.
Just woke up, paid some of my sleep debt :) Personally, the vote was just to remind me to come back, finish checking the thread, and put in a vote.

##VOTE Computer_Genius

So far, he's only put in one post, which was basically to assert he was "just another townie":
Computer_Genius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.
I'm just going to prod him/her with my vote to reveal more information: the more information from everyone, the better. I mean, what are his/her overall thoughts on the game? What does he/she think about the mafia threats? Also still waiting on Kitsune to make a second post...

Will post my thoughts on similar game mechanics soon.