MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:39 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm

And...who can win?
Mafia + Hyde.
How do they kill Jekyll?
Mafia can kill Jekyll. I'm not sure what the exact scenario you're positing is.

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

Mafia kills Jekyll. Hyde kills VT. Mafia+Hyde win.

BionicMole

#482 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:48 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Probably won't be on today.
ItsHosuke came on with adequate attention, so I'll remove my vote.
We do need to lynch someone today, a no-lynch is, as usual, less than stellar.
No, statistically we won't hit scum today.
But the value is not jUST hitting scum. But towards end of game every vote or not vote is valuable data. Missing out this time because we might hit an inno is short term thinking.
We have four groups looking to kill someone. Once who those four groups actually are becomes known, we can draw connections that just might help, yes?
Also... in a strange way, maybe every lynch reduces Jack's chances. We might get lucky and lynch a woman.

This D1 is even more difficult than most D1s. Too many hunters. And too many hiders.
I don't have any clear scumreads. Most of my gut scum reads at this point are from lack of posting. Which probably isn't really NAI. (although every scum team seems to have a lurker... so does every town team.)

So this morning I am voting for a gut reaction. Honestly, that's what most of you are doing, too. Y'all just articulate your gut reactions more articulately.

Bob seems nervous to me.

VOTE ##BOBMCBOB
Here’s another cookie dargo. :cookie: You are my favorite town read right now. Fighting for first post. Articulating my thoughts. Not saying useless garbage to make it seem like you have something to say. You’re the best! Enough I’m going to sheep you because juuuuust maybe foxy (Kitsune) is actually busy.

##VOTE BOBM
Also there’s no need to vote on my other scum reads. Kit I may be wrong. Xorxes will be interesting if he makes it to D2 and Bionic is still new and probably just doesn’t like me.
I like you just fine BunnyG. You were my favorite player to watch after I hung last game. I am curious why you singled me out as a scumread when I was only 1 of a few that put pressure on you to make a presence? Answer that adequately and I'll change my vote.

BunnyGo

#483 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:45 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Mafia + Hyde.
How do they kill Jekyll?

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

Can Jekyll not doctor himself. Did I miss that?

And during day, it actually becomes a nega-mafia game where everyone wants to claim scum and the town need to hide. It’s an interesting endgame I think, but doesn’t work without a doctor. Maybe Watson is better for us there (or even commuter) but even so I think Jekyll could save the day.

BunnyGo

#484 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:53 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:48 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Here’s another cookie dargo. :cookie: You are my favorite town read right now. Fighting for first post. Articulating my thoughts. Not saying useless garbage to make it seem like you have something to say. You’re the best! Enough I’m going to sheep you because juuuuust maybe foxy (Kitsune) is actually busy.

##VOTE BOBM
Also there’s no need to vote on my other scum reads. Kit I may be wrong. Xorxes will be interesting if he makes it to D2 and Bionic is still new and probably just doesn’t like me.
I like you just fine BunnyG. You were my favorite player to watch after I hung last game. I am curious why you singled me out as a scumread when I was only 1 of a few that put pressure on you to make a presence? Answer that adequately and I'll change my vote.
Oh...it was because of all the lurkers (and there are many) I opened with posts and then publicly claimed I’d be away. The rest are just gone, trying to actually hide. Yet you took the easy and distracted way of choosing me rather than the others. It seemed lazy, it seemed like you wanted to appear thoughtful while posting a nothingburger vote. Same with xorxes.

Jamiet99uk

#485 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:07 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:06 pm
Re Xorxes: if I were Ada or Sherlock or Moriarty, I’d be betting on you to get a visit tonight, and be watching you.
##CALL GM If they both did this would Sherlock and Moriarty see each other?
GM NOTE

This question is not clear to me. Could you list the specific night orders you are thinking about?

BunnyGo

#486 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

How do they kill Jekyll?

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

And during day, it actually becomes a nega-mafia game where everyone wants to claim scum and the town need to hide. It’s an interesting endgame I think, but doesn’t work without a doctor. Maybe Watson is better for us there (or even commuter) but even so I think Jekyll could save the day.
Ah...can’t protect consecutive days, so he eventually loses. My mistake.

BunnyGo

#487 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:06 pm
Re Xorxes: if I were Ada or Sherlock or Moriarty, I’d be betting on you to get a visit tonight, and be watching you.
GM NOTE

This question is not clear to me. Could you list the specific night orders you are thinking about?
Both Sherlock and Moriarty use the “Watch” orders on the same person. To see who visits them. Do they see each other?

xorxes

#488 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

How do they kill Jekyll?

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

They can: "You may elect to protect yourself. You may not target the same person on consecutive days."

Also Hyde only kills on odd nights, so it will depend on whether that night is even or odd.

In any case, it's not clear to me that Hyde would be an asset to town in the late game. At best it's just a mess.

BionicMole

#489 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm

I'm over here thinking about the "no lynch" thing and there are some valid arguments for it but I am inclined to use every resource we have to solve the mystery.

First thing I want to say is that we have almost a 1/3 chance of hitting a hostile entity with a lynch, which is up from roughly 1/4 in previous games as Temasek stated earlier. On top of that, if we end up mislynching and hitting a town, we have a 2/3 (10/16) chance of hitting VT and staying away from our PRs. So i guess what I'm saying is there is only a 6/23 chance that a random lynch actually hurts us (by hurt I mean hit a PR).
I personally am not comfortable sitting back and letting scum dictate what happens and like I said before, I like to use all the resources at our disposal. In this case its a lynch, which statistically is better for us than previous games.

Having said all that, Nobody is jumping out at me as a viable candidate.
Maybe ND, not because he is reading scum so much as he is an arrogant bully. so that is not a good reason...
Maybe Bunny still, he has a different tone than I remember from last game. He seems hostile and edgy this go round compared to having fun last time.
Maybe Vape for not knowing Rippers role, that seems suspect.
Maybe Kit for her uncharacteristic hit and run at the beginning, although I feel she will show back up with something substantial before EOD.
Maybe Chaqa, I can't shake the feeling that his claim is some sort of play.

Bunny still gets my vote until he answers why he is singling me out over all the others that questioned his absence in his scumread list.

xorxes

#490 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:53 pm

Oh...it was because of all the lurkers (and there are many) I opened with posts and then publicly claimed I’d be away. The rest are just gone, trying to actually hide. Yet you took the easy and distracted way of choosing me rather than the others. It seemed lazy, it seemed like you wanted to appear thoughtful while posting a nothingburger vote. Same with xorxes.
Tsk, tsk. Announcing that you're going to lurk does not give you a free pass to lurk. Being away is also not the same as lurking.

Jamiet99uk

#491 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

GM NOTE

Both Sherlock and Moriarty use the “Watch” orders on the same person. To see who visits them. Do they see each other?
No. Watching is *not* considered a visit.

BionicMole

#492 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:05 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
BionicMole wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Fair enough. I don't know any of the others that are camping (other than Kit) and I know the value you add. I'm glad you were bullied into being yourself ;)

##unvote

damo666

#493 Post by damo666 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm

xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Mafia + Hyde.
How do they kill Jekyll?

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

If Jeckyll is killed is Hyde not dead too?

BunnyGo

#494 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:12 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Tsk, tsk. Announcing that you're going to lurk does not give you a free pass to lurk. Being away is also not the same as lurking.
Fair enough

BunnyGo

#495 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:16 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:05 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BionicMole wrote:

Fair enough. I don't know any of the others that are camping (other than Kit) and I know the value you add. I'm glad you were bullied into being yourself ;)

##unvote
Truthfully? I think I add more noise than anything else. I don’t want people to hide behind my overwhelming posts. I’m just too loud. And it’s often saying nothing. That was intentional last game where I was setting up a neighborhood watch. But here? I dunno man. Everyone is hunting. Everyone is hiding. Let them speak so my noise doesn’t drown it out.

xorxes

#496 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Some people have a weird sense of humor. But we really should be asking him rather than speculate about it: @Bob, what was the point of your claim, and what do you make of people's reaction to it?
Yeah, it was going to come to this eventually. I claimed for a few reasons:
a) A bit of a joke
b) As a possible way to draw Jack's NK
c) I wanted to start forging out a playstyle for myself so I wasn't just "that noob over there" and
d) Yes, a bit of a reaction test

Mostly c) and d) though
This all sounds like rationalization to me, considering the reasons contradict one another. A bit of a joke + a bit of trying to draw Jack's NK + a bit of reaction test adds up to zero because they cancel each other out.

xorxes

#497 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

How do they kill Jekyll?

Jekyll + VT + Mafia

If Jeckyll is killed is Hyde not dead too?
Yes, but Hyde can win even when dead.

purplecow

#498 Post by purplecow » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Alright I've read the stuff I've missed but not much seems to jump out at me.
I'm just not really sure what to look for.
Interesting to learn that Vecna seems to do this style of roleplaying frequently.

xorxes

#499 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Computer_Genius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.
So... have you had time to catch up? Any thoughts on something?

xorxes

#500 Post by xorxes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:41 pm

OK, so Bunny has given us something. I'm not unhappy with the Bob wagon, but I think we need more competition.

##VOTE Comp I guess for now.