MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ItsHosuke

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#401 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:38 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 pm
At this point I'm happy with a bunny lynch, but there are others who need some pressure.
Itshosuke doesn't just lurk, but he gives s post like he is trying to look serious. Come play, hosuke.

##vote itshosuke
EXACTLY! Town points for you. Here's a cookie :cookie:
Hey! How is voting for me getting town points! :( :( :(

I'm here, still trying to understand the mechanics and all the mechanics talk. I think H/J is a good D4 claim-and-lynch? Not sure tho...

ItsHosuke

#402 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 am
Well then...I'm off. Might be back by EOD. Don't count on it.
And no townleans?!

BunnyGo

#403 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:42 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 am
BunnyGo wrote:
And no townleans?!
I'd say Chaq, but either he's lying for some reason, or he's the esteemed Doctor. In which case, sure he's town, but I'm disappointed he claimed.

BunnyGo

#404 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 am
BunnyGo wrote:
And no townleans?!
Maybe Dargo? I dunno...Has anyone posted enough non-drivel to get a townlean? Maybe ND. I like his posts at least.

Vapor showed faith in my coming. I shall return like the Messiah, and Vapor believed. But I dunno if I town lean that or just appreciate the faith.

BobMcBob

#405 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Already feeling strong town pings coming from xorxes

it's nothing strong, but I wanted to say it because this vibe is there
Seriously what? I get this might be a mispost but it feels strange. Says it's strong and then says it isn't. Pick one please. Which is it?

BobMcBob

#406 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:48 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 am
##vote Flavius

(just having a giraffe really but then again why not).

I assume Bob is a Male vt
I don't see why you would assume he is male. It looks like fishing.
Yeah, this seems odd. I'm not revealing my gender to you all. @Damo, why did you include the "male" bit in there?

BobMcBob

#407 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:51 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Already feeling strong town pings coming from xorxes

it's nothing strong, but I wanted to say it because this vibe is there
Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of townie points to Vapor.
What's with all this pocketing and pairing this game? I can't remember seeing anything about it or like it last game.

BobMcBob

#408 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:00 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm
also I'm not sure if someone else killing a female will input a success onto Jack or rather that he needs to kill those ladies with his own knife
:shock:
I doubt that that is his win-con. Assassin was dangerous enough last game with only three possible targets, and given that folks are going to be dying left, right and centre, he'd probably win on N3.

BobMcBob

#409 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:08 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:30 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm
Hyde doesn't win, but Jekyll does with town?
Jekyll only wins with town, Hyde loses if town wins. So they can't win together.

also I'm not sure if someone else killing a female will input a success onto Jack or rather that he needs to kill those ladies with his own knife
:shock:
The role description is pretty clear about that. Now you make me wonder whether you're being disingenuous here... :?
Reading Vapor's message, I assumed the role description was unclear about it. But no, it says very clearly he must kill them with his own knife. This seems very odd, and I’m currently reading Vapor as either Jekyll or Jack.

BobMcBob

#410 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:14 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:20 pm
Dr. Chakyll’s Log: 23rd of November, 1888

“‘Twas a dark and stormy night. Or, that’s how I imagined it. Camped out in a bed that was not mine own, feeling ill and under the weather from illness and my sister’s cat, I began to hunger.

“The craving had returned. Only one thing on my mind: Chipotle.

“Day after day I made the journey. Using all the energy that remained, loaded up with cold and allergy meds, and braving the cold desolate wastes of Pennsylvania, I trekked to Elysium. For it was there I would find salvation.

“Rice! Beans! Chicken! Veggies and Mild! And the glorious cheese to top it off. They render unto me a meal fit for a king, at the price of a pauper! This all-curing tonic clears me out, and I attribute my recovery to it foremost.

“However, my indulgences have had a side effect. Deep deep within, a malevolent part of me is emerging, and there is little I can do to stop it. I have heard reports of a strange being running late at night, in my clothes, with my face, and when he goes to Chipotle, and they ask if I want guac, he says ‘yes!’

“I write this to inform the town we must do everything we can do stop this dastardly Mr. Syde (of guac)!”

TL:DR I’m Dr. Jekyll
Huge town, sorry, Jekyll points for this. Sure, a scum could make this play as well, but with the talk of lynching Hyde going around, I wouldn't risk it. What we should do with this information I don't know, but I'm pretty certain Chaqa is legit here.

CmdrLikely

#411 Post by CmdrLikely » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:07 pm
CmdrLikely wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:43 am
Hello all. Go team Town!
But seriously, our we just going to lynch a random person? This is my first Mafia on this forum but it seems too quiet to make an informed decision?
Cmdr,
Welcome.
So you normally play F2F, or on another forum?
Yup, F2F Werewolf has a regular group in my town. Sorry about the radio silence, I was at a megagame all day, based on Battle Star Galactica of all things. We found the Cylon, but I was the only person that voted to lynch him. :eyeroll:

Anyways, I'm on holidays this week, so obviously I'm going to be sitting at my computer all day on webdip :)

Sorry, ND, if my shitty icebreaker sounded forced.

We should definitely Lynch instead of NoLynch.

Here's my two cents:
Normally I'd say avoiding conversations is one sign of scumminess, albeit not the strongest. Gauging by the stats at the time of this writing, that would implicate [Myself, Kitsune, Computer_Genius] with 1 post each.
Reading again their posts this game, these players have also been the most not-helpful. With this post, I increase my contribution albeit slightly. I'm lead to believe that this is uncharacteristic of Kitsune, and that they have some IRL excuse so I'm willing to not read into it too much this phase.

At this point, I could enter the discussion on mechanics or talk about other angles on analyzing players' posts, but I'm an Occam's Razor kind of person. I don't see any reason to consider the facts further than necessary for the purpose of Day 1 lynching. The low post quantity and quality leaves the expectation we aren't expected to get much value from Computer_Genius. Even if he is town, I think it's the safest lynch. Change my mind.

##vote Computer_Genius

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#412 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 am

FWIW, someone mentioned Dargo being scummy for mechanics-hunting, and I'm inclined to agree with that, but I want to go back to the game when Dargo was scum to confirm he was doing that before and I'm not misremembering.

I think EMC, Frostwind, and Flavius seem towny so far.

I'm thinking ND is being a bit *too* abrasive but I may just not remember how he plays - probably NAI.

Vecna said he'd be absent, didn't he?

Xorxes seems off.

Kit is still MIA, which is unusual, but I haven't seen much of her on Discord either, so I think maybe she is actually not around?

Post on Temasek's idea coming soon

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#413 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 am

I can't believe I'm going to advocate this - having been a victim of the first-ever WebDip Mafia lynch for supporting it - but in this SPECIFIC setup, I think a Day 1 no-lynch may actually be a not-terrible idea.

We're going to have three deaths tonight. All of the deaths have a chance of hitting mafia, whereas in a vanilla game, zero (or maybe one if SK) do. Temasek may be on to something for suggesting no-lynch, and I'm giving him SERIOUS towncred for bringing it up.

So for now...

##Vote no-lynch

And also, +1337 towncred to Tem.

BobMcBob

#414 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Some people have a weird sense of humor. But we really should be asking him rather than speculate about it: @Bob, what was the point of your claim, and what do you make of people's reaction to it?
Yeah, it was going to come to this eventually. I claimed for a few reasons:
a) A bit of a joke
b) As a possible way to draw Jack's NK
c) I wanted to start forging out a playstyle for myself so I wasn't just "that noob over there" and
d) Yes, a bit of a reaction test

Mostly c) and d) though

I wanted to see if anybody jumped on it despite me stating that it was a joke, and if so, in what way, whether it indicated scum or ripper (or just plain town).

Damo kind of just responded to it at first, not particularly interestingly, probably just fishing for a response. I considered it, but needed to give it a while longer to sit before mentioning it again. His conclusion later was odd given my insistence it was a joke, but not entirely wrong.

Then he went and ruined it by calling me out for trying to draw an NK, but that wasn't my main purpose anyway, and I still feel like he's pretty towny.

With your response to damo's response, I'm also getting some town vibes, although I think you are misunderstanding him a bit. Then again, damo talking about it as though I was very likely town, just because of a supposed weak NK draw that I did is odd. Question: is damo normally like this? I have very little meta to go on.

So unfortuantely I feel like it was somewhat wasted, as I didn't get anyone trying to kill me for it, but town townreads is okay I think.

Also getting significant scum vibes from Vapor, he almost seems like he's trying to be clueless. Either that or he's just extremely clueless, and I don't think that's the case.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#415 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am

In fact, thinking more about it, I believe a no-lynch is actually optimal, given that all night-kills are possibly hitting scum.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#416 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:15 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:57 pm
Hey all,

Good to see all the folks and new ones. My joke phase is over.

After I read 10 pages I'll do my regurgitation of the facts with no intelligent analysis. However, sheet 3.0 is up and running, and I guarantee it's better at this game than I am. (11 pages now... joke phase actually over).
Out of curiosity, has your spreadsheet had any correlation to scum?
It helped in the meme game, but was to new for the Avengers. This one has a cross-reference for meta now that I have some experience with some of you. And I could go back through past games, but am only doing that for a specific research point (and haven't had much time for that this game yet).

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#417 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:14 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Kalel, I'd say a decent amount of stuff has occurred since your last list :D

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment
e.m.c. I did manage to clean out my basement and write a draft of my story, but I'm thinking you meant in the game. Yeah, I've added some stuff to the chart, but not as much non-neutral as you might think. I'm trying something where I can change the weight of a case/accusation after the target's role is reviled. I should be able to do an update a good couple of hours before EOD tomorrow... holding off on my vote until then, but pretty sure I'm not going to NoLynch. Not convinced, yet, to jump on Bunny. The first time I did that (for other reasons), he was town.
Oh, you're doing NaNo yeah? Haven't ever actually successfully completed it haha, it's just too much.

since you've brought it up, how's the story going? If you're willing to share once complete, I'd be happy to read it :D

And alright. Was mainly asking if there were any changes in reads on your side (due to new influx), but waiting is fine
I submitted my 250 micro-fiction challenge about 20 minutes ago.
I had 24 hours to write a suspense/thriller of 250 words that included using an umbrella and the word 'absent'. It's a tough challenge.

Happy to share, but don't want to derail the thread, or add much more noise to the signal here.

BobMcBob

#418 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:47 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:39 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:26 am

;D

Bob, darlin', come talk with me
hath I somehow jilted thee?
silence amok this thread runs
no-one here, sad and no funs
You see, e.m.c, I shall indeed talk with thee
But the Masters is stealing much time from me
Do not be offended by my great lack of talking
My time is used taking control of the Balkans

(Disclaimer: That Balkans thing was intended to somewhat rhyme and should not be used as an indication of which country I am in any games)
:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dang dude your actually good at rhyming, that was pretty neat, very fancy words too, are you planning to talk like this the entire time you two? because i need to bring a dictionary then right next to me xd
No I was just having some fun
While none but emc were on
By engaging in rhyme
To pass off the time
But now my rhyme time is all done
:-D

Vaporwave

#419 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm
Let's visit peterbot and choose a suspect..

##VOTE Bob

I've disliked everything he's posted so far
Vapor, can you give us a little more about what it is you disliked?
Is it the poetry, or all the ... "oh, it's just a joke phase" statements?
many things, how he chose a female role for a comedic claim, how he hedges on whether Hyde should be lynched or not
and he just fluffs and fluffs

it's a bit depressing so my vote stays

I'm not updated with his posts, so

who's your main fishy fellow, Kalel?

BionicMole

#420 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:30 am
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Eh...I think if I do the same thing every game it’s gonna get old. Gonna go lurk the rest of the day. See you after EOD.
After how involved Bunny was last game, this gives me the wrong vibe, He's getting my vote until he comes back and stops lurking.

##Vote BunnyGo
:lol: Wow dude, first you get baited with an OMGUS when you are 3P last game, and now this? Maybe I should reconsider my Kitsune vote.
I was 3P last game as the chameleon, which was basically a VT. You misread me that time when we had xorxes on the ropes and could have lynched the assasin. Don't make the same mistake. I said I would change my vote when/if you stopped lurking and I stand by that. But before I do, I would like to know why you single me out from the others that have the same issues about you being absent?