MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#341 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:34 am

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:19 am
This is more like it. Just a good 15 pagers to read lolz
Go, ND, go! We impatiently await your genius input

e.m.c^42

#342 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:36 am

Computer_Genius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.
welcome :D

I'll assume you're reading/catching up right now. Once you finish, what do you think so far? Don't recall if you have experience or not(?), so just post any thoughts that come to mind :D

e.m.c^42

#343 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am

Kalel, I'd say a decent amount of stuff has occurred since your last list :D

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment

ND

#344 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 am

( reply to Einstein the idiot on Page 6)

“I am also awaiting ND to finally activate his true potential to talk and not be lynched the first day.”

What a hardboiled loser. No one except you and Brain and maybe that dirt muffin Vecna would ever monologue to themselves for a page. Wow.

“for some reason that came out rather aggressive at ND, wasn't completely intended”

Oh dude I know you got a hardon for me. It’s cool many of you nasty freaks do.

“I find the fact that ND misread/did not interpret the setup information correctly rather concerning, and also likely scummy.”

Yeah lol I didn’t really read it or my role. I like skimmed it. I gave up on reading this shit a long time ago. No one cares to read so why should I? Bro, it’s like almost 2020! Reading is like for the 19th century. Nobody got time for that shit.

-Let’s see if Dr. Einstein continues to ramble to himself for page 7.

“Hello all. Go team Town!
But seriously, our we just going to lynch a random person? This is my first Mafia on this forum but it seems too quiet to make an informed decision?”

-Cmdr (7) what a low IQ forced opening. He is probably scum.

BionicMOLE couldn’t play because he watched a 37 minute episode of the Mandalorian (Page 7) HAHA yeah right.

“Have I ever tried to pocket you? Anyway, do you think Bozo trying to discuss mechanics again is town Bozo or scum Bozo trying to keep his meta?”

Rdr, 8, yeah I mean mechanics is interesting and all that but if that is sole focus your probably not playing true to heart. You know. However, how can you or anyone on Page 8 start speculating what player is on which split team is mindblowing. Bozo-Xorxes seem overly concerned with mechanics.

“emc says I have v good taste”
Vapor, 8, you don’t. Your taste is pretty poor. Too mush fish. But, hey, I agree with the vote. EMC is a latrine person.

Yeah, good point to Purple at end of 8. Vecna is pretty much a baseline low iq moron he fails pretty much at everything he does.

Alright going to page 9 now. More to come in my next journal episodic entry.

e.m.c^42

#345 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:40 pm
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 pm

After how involved Bunny was last game, this gives me the wrong vibe, He's getting my vote until he comes back and stops lurking.

##Vote BunnyGo
Instinctively, I was about to also vote for him, but I think there's more to him than meets the eye

he sounded with a trumpet that he plans to lurk and only be available for EOD, that is asking for negative attention, making himself a lynch target, it's stupid for a mafioso to act like this

so no..I think our Bunny Boy is up to something
There are absolutely various reasons for why he could be doing so, but I don't think we should list any until he comes clean. It's way too easy for one of us to inadvertently give him something to use, much better if he talks first, with original thoughts that aren't as likely to be borrowed from elsewhere.

e.m.c^42

#346 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:43 am

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 am
( reply to Einstein the idiot on Page 6)

“I am also awaiting ND to finally activate his true potential to talk and not be lynched the first day.”

What a hardboiled loser. No one except you and Brain and maybe that dirt muffin Vecna would ever monologue to themselves for a page. Wow.

“for some reason that came out rather aggressive at ND, wasn't completely intended”

Oh dude I know you got a hardon for me. It’s cool many of you nasty freaks do.
ily too bro

Jamiet99uk

#347 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 am

VOTE COUNT 1.2

BunnyGo(2) - BionicMole, xorxes
dargorygel(1) - BunnyGo
ND(1) - Vecna
rdrivera2005(1) - damo666
Vecna(1) - purplecow
ItsHosuke(1) - dargorygel
BobMcBob(1) - Vaporwave
No‑Lynch(1) - Temasek22

Currently BUNNYGO is set to be lynched.

22 hours and 16 minutes remain.

Several players still need to vote.

FROSTWIND must post.

e.m.c^42

#348 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:06 am
Questions to open some discussion:

- Who does each player think is the more dangerous scum team on powers alone?

- What do people think of a Urchin claim D1? They would be able to confirm multiple roles at best, or hard force a power trade with scum team 1 at worst.

I find myself wary of rdr (Although I seem to always read him scum) over the mislabeling of the SK's wincon. I also don't like what I've seen of Bob so far. It's a shotgun of content spread with no intent or effect (And there were a lot of attempts in those few posts to be substantial)
Not much response to this, so here I go:

Not sure for first (as they seem rather balanced to me, it'll depend on luck), but on urchin claim I think that it's not a good idea. For one, if real it just tells players to avoid visiting someone. I feel like the strength in this role is that if visited unknowingly, it can support/counter other claims once they show up. Outing like that defeats the purpose.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#349 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm
Let's visit peterbot and choose a suspect..

##VOTE Bob

I've disliked everything he's posted so far
Vapor, can you give us a little more about what it is you disliked?
Is it the poetry, or all the ... "oh, it's just a joke phase" statements?

ND

#350 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am

“Not against this vote :-) I love it when new players are assertive”

Vapor, 9, oh yeah you into that assertiveness huh.. What a freak. Anyway, I digress. As to your next post on Page 9. I would say threat order is probably Jack (SK is always a huge threat), Mafia Team(s) and then Hyde. It really depends on how Hyde is played since it is to the dictate of an out of game controller. If that controller is a clueless blob like many of the people in this community are then it could swing any which way. Making it a random chaos agent but you have to couple that with the positive impact Jeckie has as a *potential* town protection role. Of course if whoever has it is an idiot then well it’s all moot and its just chaos. Post written addition: Oh god if it's Chaqa. Oh my god. He is about as low iq as you get.

“Bob clearly mentioned that he wasn't serious about his claim!”

Vapor, 9, because anyone who jokes is just a joker! AH! He joked so he is just playing around! HAHAAHA. Jokes are always and always will be a clear way of hiding true motive. Anyone who has played here long enough knows this to be true.

“xorxes, I have a horrible memory and YOU KNOW THIS!”

Vapor is literally disintegrating here hahahahaha. What a scum bag blob.

Chaqa claims on page 9.

“I find new players always hating on Vecna's role playing for whatever reason, lmao.”

Temasek, he doesn’t roleplay. He is just an idiot high on some weirdo European drug. Anyone that hasn’t been corrupted by him can realize that. (9)

Dargo stating the obvious then pointing out why no lynch discussion wtf lol. Not helpful to discourse dargy. (9)

“It is also quite complicated in London. I suspect that most folk are still working out the mechanics. “ (Darg, 9)

LOL Mechanic Hounds are usually scum. It gives them a way to talk without actually saying anything of importance. People who do this hide behind the shield of GM gametheory. Mechanic Hounds are usually the scummiest people in the game imo. But, you know I am only on page 9 here so got to see what else happens.

Alright a lot happened on Page 9. I am going to page 10 now for my next adventure.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#351 Post by KalelChase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment
e.m.c. I did manage to clean out my basement and write a draft of my story, but I'm thinking you meant in the game. Yeah, I've added some stuff to the chart, but not as much non-neutral as you might think. I'm trying something where I can change the weight of a case/accusation after the target's role is reviled. I should be able to do an update a good couple of hours before EOD tomorrow... holding off on my vote until then, but pretty sure I'm not going to NoLynch. Not convinced, yet, to jump on Bunny. The first time I did that (for other reasons), he was town.

e.m.c^42

#352 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:14 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am

e.m.c. I did manage to clean out my basement and write a draft of my story, but I'm thinking you meant in the game. Yeah, I've added some stuff to the chart, but not as much non-neutral as you might think. I'm trying something where I can change the weight of a case/accusation after the target's role is reviled. I should be able to do an update a good couple of hours before EOD tomorrow... holding off on my vote until then, but pretty sure I'm not going to NoLynch. Not convinced, yet, to jump on Bunny. The first time I did that (for other reasons), he was town.
Oh, you're doing NaNo yeah? Haven't ever actually successfully completed it haha, it's just too much.

since you've brought it up, how's the story going? If you're willing to share once complete, I'd be happy to read it :D

And alright. Was mainly asking if there were any changes in reads on your side (due to new influx), but waiting is fine

frostwind

#353 Post by frostwind » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am

[not in character, in case anyone was wondering]

Just got off a very long bus ride through multiple states (USA, for reference, think about driving all the way through Greece into Bulgaria :( ) and immediately got hit by a good 350 posts of information all on this mafia game. This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so...

##VOTE FROSTWIND

My logic on this is:
  1. First, I haven't gotten enough information right now to make a judgement call, but I'm a staunch believer in using the town's greatest ability: to execute people.
  2. Second, this vote forces me to make a second post once I'm done with my analysis. That way I can stay away from violating any rules
  3. Third, there are no suicidal roles [at least as far as I remember] in this game, so I can show my openness to town questioning me.
Finally, a question to the moderators: is it acceptable to scrape data from either the WebDip forums or mafia.peterlund.se? It would greatly aid in a quick automated check of each player's messages.

Jamiet99uk

#354 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 am

frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
Finally, a question to the moderators: is it acceptable to scrape data from either the WebDip forums or mafia.peterlund.se? It would greatly aid in a quick automated check of each player's messages.
GM NOTE: This would not violate the rules in any way that I can see.

e.m.c^42

#355 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:29 am

frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
[not in character, in case anyone was wondering]

Just got off a very long bus ride through multiple states (USA, for reference, think about driving all the way through Greece into Bulgaria :( ) and immediately got hit by a good 350 posts of information all on this mafia game. This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so...

##VOTE FROSTWIND

My logic on this is:
  1. First, I haven't gotten enough information right now to make a judgement call, but I'm a staunch believer in using the town's greatest ability: to execute people.
  2. Second, this vote forces me to make a second post once I'm done with my analysis. That way I can stay away from violating any rules
  3. Third, there are no suicidal roles [at least as far as I remember] in this game, so I can show my openness to town questioning me.
Oh, this is interesting. I like this.

First of all, welcome :D

and second, what are you looking to do with said data? It should be fine, iirc bozo has said in the past that he does something similar, I believe he's trained some AI software with the past games from here for reads.

frostwind

#356 Post by frostwind » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:32 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:29 am
First of all, welcome :D

and second, what are you looking to do with said data? It should be fine, iirc bozo has said in the past that he does something similar, I believe he's trained some AI software with the past games from here for reads.
Thanks for the kind words, e.m.c! As for right now, I feel like machine learning would be much too advanced for me to implement in such a short timeframe, but I will be, at the very minimum, searching through text for how many messages each player posted, when said messages were posted, player mentions of other players, frequent words in text, and probably some form of sentiment analysis.

e.m.c^42

#357 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:33 am

But how much he uses it though, and how accurate, I've no clue :D

Is this your first forum mafia/social deduction game completely? Have you read past games, etc...

For a first post, it's rather coherent and cogent, compared to some others (coming from someone who shitposted all the way through his first game, lol)

ND

#358 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:37 am

“This is meaningless, but I think Jamie would have suited Jack's role perfectly.

No, I think Chaqa is pulling our leg and promoting Chipotle

I think Bob might be into gambling and chose that role to goof around

xorxes is very alert and this feels great, but more participation from various peeps is required.

I'm a bit disappointed in Bunny trying this new strategy of lurking. I have my own plan for Bunny Boy, which will be revealed later”

-Vapor, 10

Big truth about Jamiet being Jack da Rippa.

The rest of this content is questionable to me Vapor. You are a pretty shady person at the moment. Definitely a top 5 suspect.

“HELLO HELLO” pg 10

Oh god. Not this guy. Well, I am a Sage, and yes, I do accept the title of Holy God. LOL he pretty much monologued to himself a whole page. Welcome to the Einstein/Flav monologue club boyzz!

“chill dude, dont look too deeply into everyone's posts or your just going to go down a rabbit hole that will lead literally no where”

Yeah GUYS, just don’t look too deeply into anything, k? W.T.F? Seriously, Flav, wtf are you trying to say here? I think Flav’s further 11 assessment of potential Hyde interactions is possible though; probably likely due to the mystery controller. The person is probably a total derp knowing the people in this community.

“dropping this bomb right now because the thread is steamy:

I want for Hyde's puppeteer to be Durga”

Vaporwave, 11, WTF? Why would you even mention that unholy and foul name in my presence. I cast you into hell for your transgression. Ugh, trying to make me vomit thinking about how awful Drugna is at this game. It’s so refreshing not to have to think about her, play with her, interact with her. Literally the worst individual in the world and you want her to be involved in this game? Ugh, you are one sick freako dude

“. Good to see all the folks and new ones. My joke phase is over.”
No clue who Katel is, but anyone still on a ‘joke phase’ or ending it on Page 11 isn’t coming into this game with a full deck. What a nutter.

“why are you going to work at 3 30 am?”

A valid observation

Pages 10-11 done. Most of it was a few nutters and king crazy Flav typing to himself. Although few valid tidbits and morsels in there for the ole kitchen. Where the hell is that fishmonger Vekna. .

frostwind

#359 Post by frostwind » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:33 am
Is this your first forum mafia/social deduction game completely? Have you read past games, etc...

For a first post, it's rather coherent and cogent, compared to some others (coming from someone who shitposted all the way through his first game, lol)
Well, not here, but I've attained some form of experience over other online mafia platforms (such as Town of Salem, if you have heard of it). I'm Gold rank (second highest) for ToS, so I've developed at least a little intuition of who might be scum. Plus, Diplomacy helps train that too hehe :smirk:

BunnyGo

#360 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:40 am

Fine I'll post something and then respond to you (because clearly I'm needed to liven this game up) and then disappear again. I've been reading, and thinking. But my first gut reaction to this theme (and my developing award winning presence in webdip mafia) is that my strategy of taunting, being everywhere, and pretending to be even dumber than I normally am (which is already pretty dumb) worked well last game when everyone was powered. But wasn't going to fly anymore after I'm known a little, and what it was going to do was drown out any actual data/conversation/etc. that you people would produce.

The problem was, you barely produced anything without me...you barely even talked about me disappearing. Seriously? I know D1 is mostly random, but talk a bit. I mean, here are the following things I considered, and I'm disappointed in all y'all for not mentioning some of them once (others you did):

1) It's going to be MUUUUUUCH easier for mafia to hide, because they are actually scum hunting too! They know their team, but not the other, so they can legitimately scum hunt without having to bus their own team.

2) The 3Ps *seem* scary, but aren't actually scary at all. Jack isn't going to knife 3 women, he'll barely get the chance to try. He only wins if town loses anyways. Hyde is probably even our ace in the hole if we get behind, since Jekyll can almost take on 1-2 last scum on his own (or with small number of other town). Since Hyde can't hurt him, they'll effectively save a draw.

3) I don't actually believe Chaq's claim, but I really really hope it isn't real. The extra heal (and possible end game saviour) was well worth Hyde every other night. I won't be lynching him unless I think it's scum in disguise.

4) Enough with the cockney rhyming slang. Nobody understands it, I think you're scum passing messages, or weirdly trying to crumb by doing it.

5) Where is Kitsune. It's been most of the weekend there and she's done nothing. Her good news is past (unless there's even more than I heard), so come on back foxy. ##VOTE KITSUNE.

The rest of your drivel will be responded to shortly in the order it appeared with the candor and intelligence it deserves. Then drunk bunny will be climbing into bed, and I might be back by EOD, but I got kids man...worcej knows, I'm busy.

In summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-ZbKfCkxg

(watch it to the end for my full opinion)