MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#301 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm

purplecow wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:02 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Not against this vote :-) I love it when new players are assertive
da heck purple? what do you mean he's not making no sense?? THAT makes no sense whatsoever, emc gave you a full out translation, and you just basically ignored it to latch onto vecna :thinking: wonder why
I latched onto to Vecna because emc had to translate.
It wouldn't be a problem if Vecna had either translated it themselves or roleplayed in english people can actually understand.
so essentially your voting for vecna because he's talking in english of the victorian times, and you didnt explain that in the beginning. thus meaning this is probably not a jokepost, and that makes me real sus cause thats the weakest justification ive ever seen in my entire time

FlaviusAetius

#302 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:07 pm
A claim is completely in Chaqa's wheelhouse. Not sure I believe him but IMO DJ/MH shouldn't be on the table till D3 anyway.

I don't recall playing with Flavius before, is he usually the 2nd coming of BB with the posting?
brainbomb is an awesome dude

FlaviusAetius

#303 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:09 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:07 pm
A claim is completely in Chaqa's wheelhouse. Not sure I believe him but IMO DJ/MH shouldn't be on the table till D3 anyway.

I don't recall playing with Flavius before, is he usually the 2nd coming of BB with the posting?
If you mean does he normally write a load of shite then yes.
excuse me, I am just responding and keeping active, if you have a problem with that, then that means you probably want to hide something :?

bozotheclown

#304 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm
@Dargo - I'm not joking, but I am in my popular phase (this is a very obscure anime reference, I don't expect anyone to get)

I am the good Doctor half of the two-headed monster. Not a joke. Not a reaction test. I legitimately think this role is a liability to town long-term, and having it out in the open is a good thing. I've already put in myself for a protection tonight so that Mr. Hyde can take one shot, because while I think he (we) need to be removed ASAP, the information he'll give with his first shot is worth collecting, I hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkOn0-yt9E

There's a good/relevant song I was going to crumb before I decided to go full ham.
If you were planning on protecting yourself D1, I am not sure why you did not wait until D3 to claim.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#305 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:14 pm
@chaqa
Were you aware that we won't read who killed who? So that your alter egos choice won't really give us info, but will give scum data?
Yes, I didn't expect otherwise. When I say info, I mainly just mean flips. Every dead player is more information we work with. Hell, Hyde is somewhat likely to hit mafia, even. With six mafia members in two teams plus Hyde shooting, it's unlikely at least one mafiaso doesn't die tonight.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#306 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Chaqa wrote:
@Dargo - I'm not joking, but I am in my popular phase (this is a very obscure anime reference, I don't expect anyone to get)

I am the good Doctor half of the two-headed monster. Not a joke. Not a reaction test. I legitimately think this role is a liability to town long-term, and having it out in the open is a good thing. I've already put in myself for a protection tonight so that Mr. Hyde can take one shot, because while I think he (we) need to be removed ASAP, the information he'll give with his first shot is worth collecting, I hope.

There's a good/relevant song I was going to crumb before I decided to go full ham.
If you were planning on protecting yourself D1, I am not sure why you did not wait until D3 to claim.
I thought it was obvious. I want Hyde to get exactly one kill off before I get killed. This will remove a threat from town (Hyde) and allow me to use my ability twice, as well as keep town focused on other scum hunting endeavors while allowing me to lead the town a bit until we have other confirmed or semi-confirmed townies to join in leadership duties.

e.m.c^42

#307 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:53 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm
:D

When have you ever talked like this, outside of parodying someone? At least, not in relatively recent games. It feels like an intentionally exaggerated response (for a reason I'm unaware of), especially when it comes across as "I townread Vapor coz he townreads me" due to order of posts on that page lol
I do it all the time.

And yes, I do townread Vapor because of the way he townread me. He is much more shy and afraid of expressing opinions when scum.
Considering I'm townreading him for nearly the same reason, point lol

And no, drawn out words with exclamation marks is more of a flav!post than a xorxes!post. It's definitely OOC in terms of mafia :D

but I think it NAI, so oh well

e.m.c^42

#308 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:50 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm
I don't know if I would describe Chaqa as cautious.

I have no idea why he thinks his claim is a good idea, but let's wait and see.
Hm, perhaps not cautious but controlled, in terms of what he chooses to say and not say.

Tentatively going to believe in his claim for now, in light of recent posts

e.m.c^42

#309 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I thought it was obvious. I want Hyde to get exactly one kill off before I get killed. This will remove a threat from town (Hyde) and allow me to use my ability twice, as well as keep town focused on other scum hunting endeavors while allowing me to lead the town a bit until we have other confirmed or semi-confirmed townies to join in leadership duties.
Considering you can win regardless of whether you're alive or not, claiming this early doesn't seem to be too bad of a decision. You're setting yourself up for a day 2 lynch, correct?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#310 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:50 pm
xorxes wrote:

Hm, perhaps not cautious but controlled, in terms of what he chooses to say and not say.

EMC knows me well enough that I shout the first thing that comes to mind. Why are you buddying me, buddy? :O

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#311 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm
Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Considering you can win regardless of whether you're alive or not, claiming this early doesn't seem to be too bad of a decision. You're setting yourself up for a day 2 lynch, correct?
Eh, Hyde isn't active until Night 3, so if I make it to Day 3, I could be lynched then. There's no reason to rush it, and maybe mafia will "waste" a night-kill on me Night 2 anyways.

BionicMole

#312 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:28 pm
can someone link me the voting website?
You looking for the bot?
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/front_page?g=51

e.m.c^42

#313 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:50 pm
xorxes wrote:

EMC knows me well enough that I shout the first thing that comes to mind. Why are you buddying me, buddy? :O
Because I'm the one chronicling your epic adventure of Chipotle love and equal rights saga, obviously

e.m.c^42

#314 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Eh, Hyde isn't active until Night 3, so if I make it to Day 3, I could be lynched then. There's no reason to rush it, and maybe mafia will "waste" a night-kill on me Night 2 anyways.
Really? Doesn't Night 1 count as the first "odd night"?

e.m.c^42

#315 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Or did I miss something. Let me check

e.m.c^42

#316 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:01 pm
Horrifyingly, for a short while each night, as a result of your ill-advised experiments, you undergo a bizarre transformation, and you fall under the grip of the evil Mister Hyde. Mister Hyde has a Night Kill on odd-numbered nights only. This Night Kill can NOT be withheld, and is directed not by you, but by another player outside of the sign up list. This player will be an existing webDip member who has played Mafia before. They will know your identity; you will not know theirs. If Hyde targets Jack the Ripper, or Dr Jekyll, the attack will fail.
Reading this, I interpret this as Hyde having an NK on the first night? Don't believe there's an exception written, unless am misreading.

bozotheclown

#317 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

OK, but if you do not want to get lynched D1, I think you would have been more likely to be able to use your ability 3 times if you had waited to claim.

e.m.c^42

#318 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

I feel as if I am missing something basic and important mechs-wise here, lol

Clarification or help from someone? :D

bozotheclown

#319 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:05 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:01 pm
Horrifyingly, for a short while each night, as a result of your ill-advised experiments, you undergo a bizarre transformation, and you fall under the grip of the evil Mister Hyde. Mister Hyde has a Night Kill on odd-numbered nights only. This Night Kill can NOT be withheld, and is directed not by you, but by another player outside of the sign up list. This player will be an existing webDip member who has played Mafia before. They will know your identity; you will not know theirs. If Hyde targets Jack the Ripper, or Dr Jekyll, the attack will fail.
Reading this, I interpret this as Hyde having an NK on the first night? Don't believe there's an exception written, unless am misreading.
Yes, I think it is clear Mr. Hyde can kill N1.

bozotheclown

#320 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:08 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm
I feel as if I am missing something basic and important mechs-wise here, lol

Clarification or help from someone? :D
I am not sure why Chaqa said Mr. Hyde is not active until N3, but he said he wanted Mr. Hyde to get exactly one kill off, so I assume he was talking about N1.