MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#261 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:35 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:59 pm
I added the address of this thread to the signup sheet.

Kitsune? One meme and gone? This isn't like you.
This is a good point. @Kit, wherefore art thou?

e.m.c^42

#262 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:40 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:32 pm
ND wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:30 am
I can already tell lol this game is going to be a dumpster fire of stupidity. The first three pages haven't been promising and I can already tell there are some real slooooooooooooooooooow people here if you catch my drift.
>.> I think your the slow one here mr. and if you cant explain your stuff well, or it has a whole bunch of holes, maybe its GOOD that we are little bit slower than just jumping right into everything :? or shall we follow our holy god ND off the cliff?
I, with great anticipation, desperately await the day when ND and Flav get into an argument in thread, it will increase the intelligence of all us spectators exponentially.

Exponentially, I tell you. Exponentially :v

xorxes

#263 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:20 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:11 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:25 am

We should kill Hyde, let's get Jack to target him.
Your interpretation of his last post is interesting. I thought he was still talking about ND (all he talked about so far).

Second interpretation is that he was referring to bozo.

I don't really see how he could have meant what you interpret.
Looking back, it does appear a bit ambiguous, but I read "hydeous fellar" as "Hyde fella" rather than "hideous fella". If it was "hideous", then yes, it is plausible to be referring to ND or bozo (but feels rather unlikely, based on context).
Point. I completely missed that. The suggestion makes very little sense though, as Jack can't kill Hyde.
If you check his previous post, (insulting ND for reading it as a third party) it's in interaction with bozo (and somewhat ND) on the topic of Jekyll/Hyde. I took it as him further commenting his opinion that the benefit of towndoc!Jekyll is outweighed by the losses from SK!Hyde, after going and checking the setup when the discussion came up.

the part about "feeding to Jack", is likely just flavour for killing off, but I found it a tad suspicious, hence the following
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:15 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 am
That last proposal I find rather interesting, though. I like it.
That's either way too clever or it doesn't make sense.
Considering no one else commented on it, I think the sarcasm failed lol

I was trying to subtly call out Vecna for possibly misreading/pretending to misread the setup, as it rather explicitly states that neither Jack or Hyde can kill each other. It's unusual of him to miss something large like this (even if inactive, or as a joke thing), hence the poking.
I thought you meant we should convince Hyde that whoever claimed Jekyll was actually a female pretending to be Jekyll, so Hyde would target them.
But you are right that I may have misread, and he's just referring to bozo or ND.
The spelling is a very good point though.

e.m.c^42

#264 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:45 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:42 am
I spy ND being trollish
have no idea what to tell with him, we shall see

I spy some maths n mechs from bozo, some xorx?

discussion about Hyde isn't necessarily bad, but I feel like it's too early for it be of much use yet, prolly a "sooner-or-later" conversation that is better off put later.

But then again, we've got not much else to talk about, so why not
uhhh why are you just describing everything, say some more definitive stuff, p hedgy my dude
Sure.

ND's actions, despite scummy, are usual for him regardless of alignment, especially when taking into regard his absence which makes him more likely to deliberately act scummy to troll. It is likely useless to look more into it until he comes back and talks more, or if he is lynched today, which has been a pretty on-going trend when he chooses this type of playstyle.

The rest seems clear enough

xorxes

#265 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:22 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Already feeling strong town pings coming from xorxes

it's nothing strong, but I wanted to say it because this vibe is there
Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of townie points to Vapor.
This post is out-of-character for xorx's normal syntax and style, regardless of alignment. Don't think it necessarily means anything, but just putting it here in case for future reference.
:eyeroll:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#266 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Bo_sox and Maniac are actually two of my top guesses for Mr. Hyde, not that it matters. Fun little game.

I think Kit is probably busy. She had something pretty major (in a good way) happen in her personal life recently. I haven't heard much from her the last few days.

BionicMole

#267 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

Don't quite see any motivation for him to claim at this point, unless he's VT stirring shit, but give me time to think a bit more

regarding it as a null thing for now as currently thinking more
I have been thinking about this for the last 10 minutes or so and I felt pretty good about Chaq's explanation until I ran across bozo's post saying Jekyll should claim (#61). Then I started to think that maybe this could be a ploy between scum teammates to throw us off in the early stages.

e.m.c^42

#268 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:

I was trying to subtly call out Vecna for possibly misreading/pretending to misread the setup, as it rather explicitly states that neither Jack or Hyde can kill each other. It's unusual of him to miss something large like this (even if inactive, or as a joke thing), hence the poking.
I thought you meant we should convince Hyde that whoever claimed Jekyll was actually a female pretending to be Jekyll, so Hyde would target them.
Lol, wasn't considering that. Could be a thing, though

bozotheclown

#269 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:45 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:05 am

First decent post, with 9 Female characters Jack can win on N5 (not likely, but still possible), so having Jekill/Hide alive for some days is probably best for town.

Vecna style is really annoying as I don't understand half the things he writes.
I don't understand your point, Mr. Hyde killing anyone advances the second win condition of Jack the Ripper, and only slightly reduces the chances of Jack the Ripper reaching his first win condition if Mr. Hyde kills a female.
I believe the female has to die by the hand of Jack the Ripper himself. The chances of him winning are not as large as you think right off the top. There are a possible 4 dead people per day/night cycle (1 lynch, 2 mafia NKs, and either Hyde or Jack). By day 6 there wont be many people left and if every kill is random, not a great chance The Ripper is even one of them.
I think you are saying it is unlikely Jack the Ripper will win by his first win condition, and I think you are correct. If he wins, it will likely be because he is the last player left. Since he can be NKed by the mafia, I do not think there is much of a chance of that either.

e.m.c^42

#270 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of townie points to Vapor.
This post is out-of-character for xorx's normal syntax and style, regardless of alignment. Don't think it necessarily means anything, but just putting it here in case for future reference.
:D

When have you ever talked like this, outside of parodying someone? At least, not in relatively recent games. It feels like an intentionally exaggerated response (for a reason I'm unaware of), especially when it comes across as "I townread Vapor coz he townreads me" due to order of posts on that page lol

xorxes

#271 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:51 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:

Lol, wasn't considering that. Could be a thing, though
I meant Jack, not Hyde, but you got it anyway.

So, dear Chaqette, what are you up to?

bozotheclown

#272 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:05 am

First decent post, with 9 Female characters Jack can win on N5 (not likely, but still possible), so having Jekill/Hide alive for some days is probably best for town.

Vecna style is really annoying as I don't understand half the things he writes.
I don't understand your point, Mr. Hyde killing anyone advances the second win condition of Jack the Ripper, and only slightly reduces the chances of Jack the Ripper reaching his first win condition if Mr. Hyde kills a female.
If Hyde kills a female it's one less target to Jack. But I was really thinking on the protective side of Jeckill, specially considering two of the females are town PR.
Ture, Dr. Jekyll can protect a female PR if they get revealed.

e.m.c^42

#273 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Bo_sox and Maniac are actually two of my top guesses for Mr. Hyde, not that it matters. Fun little game.

I think Kit is probably busy. She had something pretty major (in a good way) happen in her personal life recently. I haven't heard much from her the last few days.
Yep. Will also bring up that in a recent discord mafia game though, that she plays up lurking as scum. (like you :DD), so it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep an eye out.

bozotheclown

#274 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm

True, I meant.

xorxes

#275 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:53 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm
xorxes wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:

:D

When have you ever talked like this, outside of parodying someone? At least, not in relatively recent games. It feels like an intentionally exaggerated response (for a reason I'm unaware of), especially when it comes across as "I townread Vapor coz he townreads me" due to order of posts on that page lol
I do it all the time.

And yes, I do townread Vapor because of the way he townread me. He is much more shy and afraid of expressing opinions when scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#276 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Yep. Will also bring up that in a recent discord mafia game though, that she plays up lurking as scum. (like you :DD), so it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep an eye out.
I lurk regardless of alignment. It really has more to do with how busy I am at the time.

@xorx - I'm just hanging out. No one has really struck my fancy as scum yet, so I'm just keeping abreast of the thread and waiting for something scummy to catch my eye.

Failing anything concrete I'll probably vote for ND to trigger him.

e.m.c^42

#277 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

Don't quite see any motivation for him to claim at this point, unless he's VT stirring shit, but give me time to think a bit more

I have been thinking about this for the last 10 minutes or so and I felt pretty good about Chaq's explanation until I ran across bozo's post saying Jekyll should claim (#61). Then I started to think that maybe this could be a ploy between scum teammates to throw us off in the early stages.
That would be some ballsy play from a scum!Chaqa. He's typically pretty cautious in games, bozo as well. Had it some other players this would be plausible, but considering characteristics of who is involved, doesn't feel like it. Not a bad idea though.

bozotheclown

#278 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:16 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:10 am

Who would you say is most threatened by Mr Hyde: Town, Mafia or Jack the Ripper?
Certainly not Jack the Ripper, Mr. Hyde is his ally. If I understand the roles correctly, Jack the Ripper can't be killed by Mr. Hyde, and Dr. Jekyll does not find out the identity of Jack the Ripper if Mr. Hyde tries to kill him.
Yes, I missed the part where Hyde can't kill Jack.

I think Mafia has more to fear than town though, because they have fewer numbers, so one of them getting killed is a much bigger loss. It's not at all clear to me that Jekyll/Hyde is a net liability to town, and they can out themselves at any time if it becomes clear later that they are, so I don't really see the point of doing it D1.
Yes, Mr. Hyde could accidentally kill a mafia, but he will be highly motivated to try to kill a town.

xorxes

#279 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:

If Hyde kills a female it's one less target to Jack. But I was really thinking on the protective side of Jeckill, specially considering two of the females are town PR.
Ture, Dr. Jekyll can protect a female PR if they get revealed.
Jekyll can't be roleblocked, so even though they have to decide during the day, they end up stronger than the other doc.

xorxes

#280 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 pm
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

That would be some ballsy play from a scum!Chaqa. He's typically pretty cautious in games, bozo as well. Had it some other players this would be plausible, but considering characteristics of who is involved, doesn't feel like it. Not a bad idea though.
I don't know if I would describe Chaqa as cautious.

I have no idea why he thinks his claim is a good idea, but let's wait and see.