M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#1621 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:34 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Maybe damo was the Magnet that attracted Janitor and Mafia kill to himself?
The xorxes I know is usually smarter than this. I think this is really really scummy.

The magnet doesn’t force people to act...it draws the acts that occur to him.

The scum have no reason to use janitor unless they are already planning on going to same person.

Pleas explain what the hell you and everyone saying “okey dokey” could possibly be talking about because you just jumped my scum list while I’m trying to catch up.
What? I’m not seeing any implication of that in the statement. He’s just suggesting magnet damo activated his power which resulted in him getting killed and janitored

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1622 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 am

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:09 am
@xorxes
Why does me wondering why you weren't NKed make me scum? Do you think they didn't notice?
Fun fact: when dargo hopped into scumchat in the original go around his advice was: “always kill xorxes N1”

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1623 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am
OK, I'll start...but I expect all y'all to pitch in too:

My top two town reads (besides Flav...obv town):

1) Worcej. Yes he's distracted with a barfing, shitting, screaming, adorable thing at home, but he's putting in clearly written replies, keeping us from drifting when he can, and is actually trying to help people focus (when he's here). He didn't read my many many night questions, ah well...pobody's nerfect.

2) rdrivera2005. I'm loving the bullshit he calls out. Explains stuff, keeps things on track. Calling TrPrado a tool is bonus points. Was very thoughtful about Flav's claim, the consideration with the rules on lynching Flav.

My top two scum reads:

1) Xorxes. His post N1 posts have been really off. He's searching, but it seems he's trying to cover something, and so keeps saying stuff that makes no sense. I count on xorxes to know what's up, so seeing things like this sets my ears perked up.

2) Kitsune. I'm getting the same vibe as last game. Her "reads" post was <insert politer negative phrase here>. And I've found her disappearing whenever she's made an impression saying nothing.
Bonus points for calling me a tool? This is the first time we’ve played together isn’t it? How did you reach that conclusion?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1624 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am

Anyway ##VOTE RDRIVERA since that read of mine has been building.

BunnyGo has been making weird implications, but at present I think he’s just a bit off base.

BobMcBob

#1625 Post by BobMcBob » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 am

Okay, sorry for the lurk today, life has started catching up to me. And assignments. And diplomacy. I had some friends over to play games today and couldn't finsh my iso yesterday due to staying up too late doing this the night before... Tomorrow won't be particularly active either (weekends are like that) but hopefully it will be better than today.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1626 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:22 am

Bonus points for calling me a tool? This is the first time we’ve played together isn’t it? How did you reach that conclusion?
She just need to read your posts.

The bad thing is right now I am not scumreading you anymore.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1627 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:42 am

My top two townreads at this point are Bunny and Kitsune. Bunny is invested and trying to solve the game, look exactly the same as last game. Kitsune can be deceiving, but his posts reflects a lot what I am also thinking (like Tem and Xorxes being off) and I know I am town.
I have also a town read on Bozo, which is weird (I always scumread him).

So, my top scumreads at this point are Tem and Xorxes. Someone said I am reading Tem metas wrong, but I was scum with him and remember him being apologetic all time,just like now. Also, his pushes smand votes seems just opportunistic not for real.
Xorxes is a bit of OMGUS, but I just can't understand why he is voting me again (and a weak vote, that "can change later"), without reality interacting with me. This is bullshit. Xorxes scumread me a lot (right or wrong) but always question me, push scummy things I might have done, this time is almost like he was trying to impersonate town Xorxes.
##vote Xorxes

Jamiet is also a concern, it's usually easy to read him one way or another and this game he is just a big null to me.

I am also starting to get a weird vibe from Vapor, it's my strongest feeling for a third party.

BionicMole

#1628 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:11 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:03 pm
I wanted to post this before EON but didn't make it in time:

My townreads after D1 are: bozo, Vapor, Ezio, Temasek, BunnyGo, damo (I'm including him because I think he was town, not 3p or Mafia even though it's technically possible).

I have good feelings but not so much as to call them town yet about Kitsune, Prado, Squigs, Bob, Jamiet

I have concerns about rivera, dargo, worcej but not yet strong enough to call any of them scum.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Vecna and Ike to get past their joke phase to see what they do.

Flav is clear, Bionic has not made any impression.

I think that's everyone.

I'm going to start with ##VOTE rivera to pick up where I left off. May change.
I'm more than comfortable to observe, but I don't want to be left off the team... where do I sit with you?
Oops. You may sit right next to Bionic :-)
I have to admit being a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to read and sort through. I am working out how to manage all the information and will be more help.

BunnyGo

#1629 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 am

Ezio wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:13 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Maybe damo was the Magnet that attracted Janitor and Mafia kill to himself?
This followed by this
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 am

Janitoring the first kill is usually the best mafia strategy because it hides the most info from town. I think they are also likely to have stolen his role.

Are mutually incompatible.
I don't see how they're incompatible at all. Can you explain?
in the light of the morning and no alcohol, i don't see what I was thinking

BunnyGo

#1630 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:20 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:07 am
Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 am
##Call GM

Does the Janitor find out the identity of the person whose role they swiped?
No. The Janitor is not informed what the role of the person they cleaned up was.
##CALL GM Why are my questions not answered? I'm not feeling the love...

BunnyGo

#1631 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:

1) Worcej. Yes he's distracted with a barfing, shitting, screaming, adorable thing at home, but he's putting in clearly written replies, keeping us from drifting when he can, and is actually trying to help people focus (when he's here). He didn't read my many many night questions, ah well...pobody's nerfect.

2) rdrivera2005. I'm loving the bullshit he calls out. Explains stuff, keeps things on track. Calling TrPrado a tool is bonus points. Was very thoughtful about Flav's claim, the consideration with the rules on lynching Flav.

My top two scum reads:

1) Xorxes. His post N1 posts have been really off. He's searching, but it seems he's trying to cover something, and so keeps saying stuff that makes no sense. I count on xorxes to know what's up, so seeing things like this sets my ears perked up.

2) Kitsune. I'm getting the same vibe as last game. Her "reads" post was <insert politer negative phrase here>. And I've found her disappearing whenever she's made an impression saying nothing.
Honestly? I don't remember writing that...

BunnyGo

#1632 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 am
TrPrado wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:

My top two scum reads:

Honestly? I don't remember writing that...
Bud I'm guessing it made me laugh while reading his iso. Rdrivera iSO is solidly town.

BunnyGo

#1633 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 am
Ezio wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:13 am

This followed by this

Are mutually incompatible.
I don't see how they're incompatible at all. Can you explain?
in the light of the morning and no alcohol, i don't see what I was thinking
I'm sure his first post about damo being magnet really bothered me. I think it was because I was sure the magnet would have survived first night had they activated with all the options out there:

1) driver
2) bodyguard
3) JAOT heal
4) something I'm not thinking of...

Kitsune

#1634 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am

Okay, I finally get a chance to sit down and look at this.

I've completed my roles spreadsheet so at least I can refer to that and confirm what we've pieced together about the roles that are out there.

Next step is replying to my ISOs - or Flav's at least, then bob's once he's done.

@Bob - the main comment I'd make so far on your ISO (and I love what you're doing with it) is that it does help to link the quotes you're referencing in your review. Basically what Bunny said.

I'm actually wondering if I should be role claiming at this point and we take our chances on the Assassin wanting me. It gives us a focus to work with, and if we have a JOAT or an Item Smith out there then that helps shape the game, as well as increase our townclear count.

And, as a bonus, quit distracting the noble townleans who insist on scumreading me :lol:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/d4wJB.jpg

BunnyGo

#1635 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:45 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am
Okay, I finally get a chance to sit down and look at this.

I've completed my roles spreadsheet so at least I can refer to that and confirm what we've pieced together about the roles that are out there.

Next step is replying to my ISOs - or Flav's at least, then bob's once he's done.

@Bob - the main comment I'd make so far on your ISO (and I love what you're doing with it) is that it does help to link the quotes you're referencing in your review. Basically what Bunny said.

I'm actually wondering if I should be role claiming at this point and we take our chances on the Assassin wanting me. It gives us a focus to work with, and if we have a JOAT or an Item Smith out there then that helps shape the game, as well as increase our townclear count.

And, as a bonus, quit distracting the noble townleans who insist on scumreading me :lol:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/d4wJB.jpg
I would strongly recommend against claiming...but that's just because assassin already got a freebie.

BunnyGo

#1636 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:53 am

Night-action adjudication order:
Commuter
Magnet
Jail
Driver
Roleblock
Watcher/Tracker/Cop
Bodyguard
Item Smith
Gunsmith
Medium
Arsonist Douse
Nightkill
Healing (Doctor Save)
Janitor
Infector
Role Thief
Interceptor

Do we only have one of Wacher/Tracker/Cop?

BunnyGo

#1637 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:55 am

##CALL GM

If the magnet activates, what does the driver do? What if the magnet is a person the driver was already selecting?

BunnyGo

#1638 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:58 am

Last game people explained to me that claiming that you were role blocked was a safe claim for town because scum already knew it. Is this still true with the different roles and 3P?

Vaporwave

#1639 Post by Vaporwave » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am

pg 77

don't think dargo or bozo are scum

dargo isn't awkward at all, his comedy flavor feels natural and his posts make sense, he doesn't have that much fluff which is always a point for town!dargo

whereas bozo is standard but there's nothing sweaty about his posts, leaning more towards town!bozo because of his deliverance

Kitsune

#1640 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:08 am

Replying to Flavius' ISO on me (finally lol)
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:37 pm
iso on Kitsune

your first post looked fantastic i literally agree with everything in it
and kinda proves Ezio isnt tanner and also agrees to the point we shouldnt say the forbidden words
Thanks!

I was leaning Ezio for a while as Tanner after this (I really only had the one proper mafia-scum-lean in my first extremely light read list. I don't feel I pick up much yet in the early chatter, and I'm reluctant to point the finger based on someone else's reads unless they're in my solid towncore).

I no longer believe this is the case, which raises my suspicions for MS - but on the other hand he's also been more active lately. I'll do an updated read list later I guess.
First person to mention Assasin problems with mass claiming
You dont like mass claiming on its face but are one of those people who would of yielded
Yes. Generally unless I feel I have a compelling reason not to I feel it's town to cooperate with what a consensus of town wants to do, and agreeing to if 5 go before me means I would at least have company to try to hide my role among.

Mass claim stands a strong chance of pinpointing 3P roles.

On the other hand it also means we NEED to target 3P roles damn quickly or else Assassin simply wins 2 nights later.
but supports popcorn mass claiming...interesting you said you were broadly against it but now are all for it

Really wants to do some kind of mass claiming, trying to find some sort of compromise with it

Now your fully 100% behind popcorn mafia, and some version or another by it

You were around the final arguments in putting down completely the idea of mass claiming, it seems you were jumping back and forth between popcorn mass claiming, and then all of a sudden determine all mas claiming is bad. Interesting...developing position, or switching randomly, as you see the winds blow?
No.

I find reads based on communication (mine included) very subjective and much prefer looking at voting patterns when I can as they're less (but still) driven by emotions and personalities.

That said there are definite flaws with the mass claim with Assassin confirmed in play, especially with one Assassin target taken out, presumably by Mafia NK unless there's serious crumbing back there I completely missed.

Even if the town was all organised and behind the idea of cracking down on revealed 3P, there are three of them and we'd lose after two lynches. Feels very iffy and we'd be ignoring Mafia-scum for days.

I don't completely understand the definition of "popcorn mafia" so hard to respond to this. I do think some role claims would give us something to work with at this stage, and are an acceptable compromise between the fish in a barrel of mass claim and stumbling around blindly with no claims out there bar poor Flavius.
Using meta to attack Bunny, when you could of just done it on the merits, he wasnt talking a lot, he was on but not talking just hedging, he picked it up after he saw this comment >.> @bunny
Two points here.

1. I've been in a game and a bit of other people discussing meta and me having nothing to say about it. It was super exciting to actually have a meta comment to make, so I did because I could.
2. Didn't seriously scum read him unless he kept this up. Was mostly intended to spur him to more activity or show him up for not doing so and I'm satisfied with his increased activity levels given the time he can afford to devote. Yes he's not talking down the rest of Town as he did last time, but he's providing frequent and mostly useful comments.
Shows that you using n-word and g-word actually didnt count cause it was out of order

Big argument over your scumslip, I didnt and still dont really understand it, seems like it was just fishing for straws
Correct. Bozo saw something he thought was a scumslip but wasn't. He fixed on it as he tends to do, and I reined in my irritation as this seems to be townsign for him. When I saw other people jumping on while I was frustrated by something non-game-related, I snapped at them instead of simply ignoring the specious claim as I probably should have done instead.
Seems more like a commenter than a doer, just congratulate people on what they do and defends yourself when people attack you >.> AKA a lot of talking with not a lot of substance, not a good look

So it seems the scumslip from Kitsune was based on meta hunting, and now actually a scumslip, again meta hunting is bad, doesnt determine anything, seems your big post explaining everything in M49 cleared things up

Big read list, before responding to bunny >.> trying to make everyone think your a good dude! A lot of it has oh I dont know or they didnt really do anything wrong...Actually those are pretty good reads I agree with everything said, EXCEPT with Ezio...he said the phrase he deserves to be Lynched,
Also we've been talking about Ezio, you clearly saw it, but no comments on it HMM

Seems Squigs was pressuring Kits to solve the game when he was just giving his initital thoughts, not how things work Squigs

ohhhh Bunny asked for your reads, makes more sense now

OK so that was pretty much it
Basically kits you just comment on things acting like a general instead of a soldier, looking at what everyone else is doing and giving your thoughts, and then when people pressure you on your reads you are like ahhh well actually no, just my thoughts!

Seems like you want to say things, but you too scared to say them, Hedging? Mafia? Im not sure, definitely sus
Just limited time my dude. Aware I gave Bunny grief for this and accept the scum points I'm earning for "lurking". I'm stupidly overcommitted and will do what I can for Town as long as I'm alive... but yeah. Please don't revive me after I'm nk'd and my role flips. Not worth it, and I can use the time elsewhere.

I'm not too scared to say them, although please do consider this is my first town game (or at least consider that it may be when you're looking at my text).

It's no longer enough to look good, I actually have to try to find scum and that takes extra energy and analysis.

And yes, that early subjective list before I really knew much was at Bunny's request. I refused to point at anyone I didn't actually suspect or clear anyone I didn't actually townlean and had zero voting pattern to work from so of course we had a lot of nulls and not much that was definite.