M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#1541 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:13 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:49 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Nope I was thinking about this, the mafia would of hid damo's identity no matter what, even if they thought he was town, its always better to be safe
They have only one janitor use though. Why this one?
Janitoring the first kill is usually the best mafia strategy because it hides the most info from town. I think they are also likely to have stolen his role.
If there is an anti-encryptor, and they shut down mafia chat N1, I do not think they could have coordinated the use of the janitor and the role thief, although I am not sure who would have decided on the night kill.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1542 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:02 pm
did you guys already discover whether it was the traitor that shot Bo?
We assume it was, since no one has claimed, and its likely town wouldnt have been so rushed to do it, while traitor has best chance in the beginning
With the assassin confirmed in the game I'm redoing my bullet tracking count.
Travolta - 1
Pepe's Gun (given at night, no time to have shot yet) - 1
JOAT - 1
Vig - 1
Assassin - effectively 1 bullet (since one at a time)
= 5 bullet's active at a time -1 for the doc shot = 4 bullets out there.

Backing up the theory that Travolta shot Doc.
Damo was NK'd and not shot by assassin.
Town should have at least 2 shots left.
"Kalel, again with the recap/data, but not helpful conclusions."
"Yes, yes I know."

___ looking at the order to try and help me understand what happened.

Night-action adjudication order:
Commuter
Magnet
Jail
Driver
Roleblock
Watcher/Tracker/Cop
Bodyguard
Item Smith
Gunsmith
Medium
Arsonist Douse
Nightkill
Healing (Doctor Save)
Janitor
Infector
Role Thief
Interceptor

##GM Call
Does the Assassin shot take place at the same time as the Nightkill?

BunnyGo

#1543 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 am

Still out and not caught up, but if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. RIP Bo

https://imgflip.com/i/3f1aoo

Temasek22

#1544 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:16 am

##Vote Ezio

I don't know what to do with this. But our clear Flav has advocated for his lynch. And with this not going on well for us town despite our OP powers, I think we should just go for the one most likely to not be town.

bozotheclown

#1545 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:16 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
BionicMole wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:12 pm

First of all I literally didnt have a defense, its the first time in mafia I completely broke down, NGL I was on the verge of tears for the big mistake I made. So claiming was literally my only option to get out of it.
Well I could of also said I was too obsessed with Ezio and was just claiming things that werent true
OR
I could of made the case against damo, whole bunch of people hated him
I didnt support either so I would be hurting the town for it, not something I wanted to do, especially knowing Im not going to die even if I get lynched.
I wish people didnt just look at it at the surface level, some scum definetly purposefully did that >.>
@Flav
https://media.giphy.com/media/5yLgoct0Y ... /giphy.gif

Out of curiosity, what made you think you had to claim so fast. It seemed to me (I was not reading it in real time, but about an hour behind) that you panicked and just blurted it out?
I was trying to figure out why I would say it, at first I was really confused as to what people were talking about, then I found the statement was I was just like O.O THIS LOOKS BAD
So I was trying to just argue people on attacking me too quickly, or just try to avoid it completely and pretend it didnt happen. The wagon was forming really quickly though, and I settled on the typo defense, since the other two options were bad for town, and things I didnt believe.

So then I kept using the typo defense and was so successful that one of the leading advocates that it was a scumslip told me to reword what I said.
So then for what felt like 20 mintues tried to find ways to reword what I said, and then thats when I broke down, because I couldnt find a way to do it, and felt claiming was literally my last option
It sound like you are saying the defense you chose was not real either. Also, considering that even you realized that what you said looked bad, did you find it surprising that some players were so quick to defend you?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1546 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:13 am
xorxes wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

Janitoring the first kill is usually the best mafia strategy because it hides the most info from town. I think they are also likely to have stolen his role.
If there is an anti-encryptor, and they shut down mafia chat N1, I do not think they could have coordinated the use of the janitor and the role thief, although I am not sure who would have decided on the night kill.
Unless, like stated earlier Damo was the Magnet and activated.

xorxes

#1547 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:07 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:59 pm
dargorygel wrote:

That's what I keep thinking.
That was my first theory as well. Now I'm not so sure, because noone has owned the shot. The shot was too early for any alignment anyway, and the Traitor might be someone inexperienced.
There is no reason for the vig or JOAT to claim the shot unless they are at imminent risk of being lynched, just in case they are assassin targets.
There's very little reason for them to have made the shot in the first place either, unless I suppose they were under threat of being lynched D1, but then they would have used the shot to clear themselves, so not that either. So the shot was unreasonable from any angle that I can see.

I agree that claiming it now is not helpful, unless they need to. But claiming it now will be less conclusive than before the Janitor.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1548 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:19 am

The real mystery here is why do I enjoy a game I so clearly suck at.

xorxes

#1549 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:20 am

bozotheclown wrote:
xorxes wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

True. The fact that the Janitor was used strongly suggests that the anti-encryptor was not activated.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1550 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:22 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
xorxes wrote:

That was my first theory as well. Now I'm not so sure, because noone has owned the shot. The shot was too early for any alignment anyway, and the Traitor might be someone inexperienced.
There is no reason for the vig or JOAT to claim the shot unless they are at imminent risk of being lynched, just in case they are assassin targets.
There's very little reason for them to have made the shot in the first place either, unless I suppose they were under threat of being lynched D1, but then they would have used the shot to clear themselves, so not that either. So the shot was unreasonable from any angle that I can see.

I agree that claiming it now is not helpful, unless they need to. But claiming it now will be less conclusive than before the Janitor.
Can you explain to me why the Traitor wouldn't want to shoot early? The more NK's of non-mafia there are the worse their odds are of accidentally hitting another mafia. So it would make sense that a newer player not confidant of their detective skills would shoot early.

bozotheclown

#1551 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:24 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 am
bozotheclown wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Unless, like stated earlier Damo was the Magnet and activated.
Yes, damo as magnet does make sense. It would also explain why damo was not very active D1, if he was planning on drawing the NK to himself with the doctor gone.

BionicMole

#1552 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 am

xorxes wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

Nope I was thinking about this, the mafia would of hid damo's identity no matter what, even if they thought he was town, its always better to be safe
I was just about to say something to this affect myself...

Something else that strikes me as odd, in message 1376 you (xorxes) said rivera 's scum MO is to bus, then in message 1460 he said,
"I am starting to think Temasek rolled scum again, he wasn't so shy as town."

xorxes

#1553 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 am

___ looking at the order to try and help me understand what happened.

Night-action adjudication order:
Commuter
Magnet
Jail
Driver
Roleblock
Watcher/Tracker/Cop
Bodyguard
Item Smith
Gunsmith
Medium
Arsonist Douse
Nightkill
Healing (Doctor Save)
Janitor
Infector
Role Thief
Interceptor

##GM Call
Does the Assassin shot take place at the same time as the Nightkill?
I can't find any Jailor on the roles list. Am I missing something?

BionicMole

#1554 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:34 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
BionicMole wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:12 pm

First of all I literally didnt have a defense, its the first time in mafia I completely broke down, NGL I was on the verge of tears for the big mistake I made. So claiming was literally my only option to get out of it.
Well I could of also said I was too obsessed with Ezio and was just claiming things that werent true
OR
I could of made the case against damo, whole bunch of people hated him
I didnt support either so I would be hurting the town for it, not something I wanted to do, especially knowing Im not going to die even if I get lynched.
I wish people didnt just look at it at the surface level, some scum definetly purposefully did that >.>
@Flav
https://media.giphy.com/media/5yLgoct0Y ... /giphy.gif

Out of curiosity, what made you think you had to claim so fast. It seemed to me (I was not reading it in real time, but about an hour behind) that you panicked and just blurted it out?
I was trying to figure out why I would say it, at first I was really confused as to what people were talking about, then I found the statement was I was just like O.O THIS LOOKS BAD
So I was trying to just argue people on attacking me too quickly, or just try to avoid it completely and pretend it didnt happen. The wagon was forming really quickly though, and I settled on the typo defense, since the other two options were bad for town, and things I didnt believe.

So then I kept using the typo defense and was so successful that one of the leading advocates that it was a scumslip told me to reword what I said.
So then for what felt like 20 mintues tried to find ways to reword what I said, and then thats when I broke down, because I couldnt find a way to do it, and felt claiming was literally my last option
Thanks for this explanation. But damn dude, relax. I didn't think you had to blurt out your claim and was a little shocked it came out so quick.

xorxes

#1555 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:41 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:22 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:

Can you explain to me why the Traitor wouldn't want to shoot early? The more NK's of non-mafia there are the worse their odds are of accidentally hitting another mafia. So it would make sense that a newer player not confidant of their detective skills would shoot early.
If they had waited, they could shoot Flav now with 100% certainty of hitting town. Or wait for another clear. How is that worse odds? The only reason I can see that someone would shoot early is if they were in danger of being lynched, and the Traitor could not have claimed to save themselves unless they had Vig or JOAT as their fake claim.

xorxes

#1556 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:57 am

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 am
xorxes wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

I was just about to say something to this affect myself...

Something else that strikes me as odd, in message 1376 you (xorxes) said rivera 's scum MO is to bus, then in message 1460 he said,
"I am starting to think Temasek rolled scum again, he wasn't so shy as town."
Possible, I suppose. I think rivera has Temasek's meta backwards though. He was much more engaged and active as scum than as town as I remember it.

bozotheclown

#1557 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:58 am

I find the D1 voting of Temasek questionable, especially how he left the Ezio and Flavius wagons. I also found Kitsune and him voting for each other odd.

##VOTE Temasek22

Kitsune

#1558 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:18 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:58 am
I find the D1 voting of Temasek questionable, especially how he left the Ezio and Flavius wagons. I also found Kitsune and him voting for each other odd.

##VOTE Temasek22
I still scumread Temasek22 and haven't seen an adequate defence for the concerns I raised D1.

Haven't had much time to look at things today; if my schedule ever slows down I'll try to dig more deeply into the voting patterns now we know something, but at the moment I'm juggling three Nexus Tournament games, more side-games than I like to admit and a class I'm teaching tonight.

##VOTE Temasek22

xorxes

#1559 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:03 pm
I wanted to post this before EON but didn't make it in time:

My townreads after D1 are: bozo, Vapor, Ezio, Temasek, BunnyGo, damo (I'm including him because I think he was town, not 3p or Mafia even though it's technically possible).

I have good feelings but not so much as to call them town yet about Kitsune, Prado, Squigs, Bob, Jamiet

I have concerns about rivera, dargo, worcej but not yet strong enough to call any of them scum.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Vecna and Ike to get past their joke phase to see what they do.

Flav is clear, Bionic has not made any impression.

I think that's everyone.

I'm going to start with ##VOTE rivera to pick up where I left off. May change.
I'm more than comfortable to observe, but I don't want to be left off the team... where do I sit with you?
Oops. You may sit right next to Bionic :-)

xorxes

#1560 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:30 am

Temasek22 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:52 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Maybe damo was the Magnet that attracted Janitor and Mafia kill to himself?
Thats probably exactly it
+1, although with so many power roles, it could also have been the Bus Driver, the JOAT's healing powers or the Bodyguard.
If damo was the Bodyguard, and died saving someone else, he would have killed the mafia killer, so I don't think that's possible.