M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#1501 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:18 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:13 pm
That evening did not go as I hoped. RIP Damo.

Sadly it seems nobody important read my questions. Ah well.

I am very curious for peoples reads. I’m out at dinner but will post mine later (that’s right bitches, I post content it’s just you have to look for it).

Please give me top 2 Town reads and why and top 2 scum reads and why. I’m making a file (it seems like what all the noobs are doing; who am I to disagree)
Yea its kind of weird, all the noobs(im categorizing them as everyone who've Ive not seen around yet) are really organized with detailed reads and alleged spreadsheets, pretty interesting!

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1502 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:03 pm
I wanted to post this before EON but didn't make it in time:

My townreads after D1 are: bozo, Vapor, Ezio, Temasek, BunnyGo, damo (I'm including him because I think he was town, not 3p or Mafia even though it's technically possible).

I have good feelings but not so much as to call them town yet about Kitsune, Prado, Squigs, Bob, Jamiet

I have concerns about rivera, dargo, worcej but not yet strong enough to call any of them scum.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Vecna and Ike to get past their joke phase to see what they do.

Flav is clear, Bionic has not made any impression.

I think that's everyone.

I'm going to start with ##VOTE rivera to pick up where I left off. May change.
I'm more than comfortable to observe, but I don't want to be left off the team... where do I sit with you?

FlaviusAetius

#1503 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:54 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am
@all

My questions about strategies for town roles is meant to be answered by people. I don’t understand how to play them. I don’t understand why the omniscient isn’t dumping knowledge. I don’t understand a lot of things, and I want to scum read your answers (or town read)
Well for one thing, there might not be an Omniscient. You realise not all the listed roles are in play, right?
Im just going to assume at this point we dont have an Omniscient

FlaviusAetius

#1504 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:30 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:50 am
I still don't understand why JOAT would claim.

The vig I get...they become town clear and VT, but the JOAT still has powers to use.
Facts its so odd how bozo is just pure claim claim claim all day everyday, really makes me suspicious of him, this is a lot more nuanced then he claims it to be, everyone watch out
I did not advocate for a mass claim after it was determined that town can't win after the assassin meets his win condition. Having one player, who is the lead wagon, claim half way through the day is very different.
Same result, everyone reveals.

FlaviusAetius

#1505 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:45 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:46 am

Of course the mafia knew it was not a scum slip, so they could have been quick to defend Flavius and believe his claim, knowing they would be proven "correct" at the attempt to lynch Flavius.
It almost feels like you’re trying to find an excuse to accuse me of something. Go on and say it if you think I’m scum, don’t take obfuscated potshots
You are the only one who immediately believed Flavius did not scum slip and/or believed his claim.
False, Vaporwave was the first person who sided with me, and Jamie who voted for me even had reservations. You are the only one who chose to stay on me from the beginning, with zero reservations(on the substance), not my role

FlaviusAetius

#1506 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:02 pm
did you guys already discover whether it was the traitor that shot Bo?
We assume it was, since no one has claimed, and its likely town wouldnt have been so rushed to do it, while traitor has best chance in the beginning

FlaviusAetius

#1507 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:26 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
TrPrado wrote:

It almost feels like you’re trying to find an excuse to accuse me of something. Go on and say it if you think I’m scum, don’t take obfuscated potshots
You are the only one who immediately believed Flavius did not scum slip and/or believed his claim.
More importantly I was present when it happened, took note of it, asked about it, but was also aware of the context of Flavius being a bit flustered at the time because of a debate over whether Ezio saying the hammer phrase alone was enough to lynch him. Townies say dumb shit when they’re flustered.
Looking back on it this might of been my best way out, but regardless it would of cleared Ezio, that isnt something I was going to agree too, and especially was not going to fall for at the time

xorxes

#1508 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:17 pm
##vote Ezio

Still re reading, if you guys arent behind killing Ezio you make me question your intentions.
@xorxes I agree to kill rdrivera, look at my ISO on him for why, but why dont you think its Ezio again? Do you not think his weird push of me when he refused to talk at all, as nothing? What about his zero results from his alleged reaction test?
I don't think Ezio is Mafia. He could be 3p, but the only 3p worth going after is the Assassin. Tanner, Chameleon and Infector are (mostly) harmless.

FlaviusAetius

#1509 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:18 pm
oh nm, bulletproof is weirdly modified to also work on lynches. Thats just awfull
What happened is thats what I and eveyrone at the time believed, but the GM's 100% didnt think of it like that(at least not Chaqa) but because it was so close to EoD, they werent going to change how we all thought about it

FlaviusAetius

#1510 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:29 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
##vote Ezio

Still re reading, if you guys arent behind killing Ezio you make me question your intentions.
@xorxes I agree to kill rdrivera, look at my ISO on him for why, but why dont you think its Ezio again? Do you not think his weird push of me when he refused to talk at all, as nothing? What about his zero results from his alleged reaction test?
I don't think Ezio is Mafia. He could be 3p, but the only 3p worth going after is the Assassin. Tanner, Chameleon and Infector are (mostly) harmless.
So then why risk it? Lynch the guy who we think has a chance at being mafia or 3p(who aren't necessarily on our side) and lets find other mafia and shoot them with our Vigilante or JOAT

FlaviusAetius

#1511 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:28 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:10 am
I think I'll be taking a closer look at the people who claimed Flavius "scumslipped" tonight. It was the point where I think a lot went wrong, and something about the whole situation just felt odd.

The inciting incident:

I hadn't looked up Flav's reads so I naturally wanted clarity, so I did what a great number of people should've done and asked questions. It felt like a throwaway comment about Ezio not posting a full analysis of the responses he read, and I figured it might be helpful to also get an idea of Flav's thoughts on other things that have happened in the game.

Yet a decent handful of people took that comment in a WHOLE other direction. Those people were:
Jamie, worcej, Ezio, Kalel, bozotheclown
rdrivera (note bold)

The one who really started taking it down the dark path was Jamie. Page 43 he sees the post and believes it to be a scum slip based on the premise that Flavius "knows" damo is scum.
Then follow worcej, Ezio, and Kalel onto the wagon, with others considering it but not yet placing votes.
The other two on my list stand out for other reasons. They both talk about the wagon and interact with it for a little while, bozo pressuring him until he says he can't claim his role, and eventually pushing Flav to claim bulletproof, which later spiraled into everyone voting for Flav.

And then rivera, who stands out the most to me as someone who started talking about it EARLY but not getting on the wagon until everybody decided to lynch Flav as a role confirm. When I say he started early, I mean his post saying he thought it was convincing as a scumslip was when the wagon was at a grand total of 2 votes. The degree to which he attempted to be a voice on the wagon is unclear, but he most certainly seemed to want to stoke the fire, but he only actually joined into the fray when it became clear that there was no alternative to the lynch.

This REEKS of scumplay. To a degree far beyond the other people on the list. Looking back at his other posts there's absolutely nothing to make up for it. Hedging, weird anger at people for answering questions not necessarily directed at them, inessential and unproductive questions, little to no actual deduction. I just can't envision any of this being town.

I assume there will be one or two other scum on this wagon, so this is a good place to focus at least SOME thought.
Hmm. This doesn't fit with rivera's scum MO though. As scum he is much more likely to bus, and he is not likely to join a wagon that he knows will flip town just to make numbers.
Xorxes your posts are usually better than this. You can't just shoot down detailed analysis by saying Rdrivera usually busses.
:? good point, xorxes this isnt a lot of effort are you the tanner :?

FlaviusAetius

#1512 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:51 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 pm
I also wasn’t the only person, but I’m sure you’d be aware of that if you spent more time reading and less time trying to find excuses to imply I’m scum.
Again, I meant to say you were not the only one, so it was not want as an accusation directed specifically at you.
:? lies

xorxes

#1513 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:31 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
##vote Ezio

I guess Traitor is also not completely out of the question. I can see the n--er go--a thing as the type of gimmick Ezio might use to somehow gauge who his partners were, but that's just possible, not likely.

xorxes

#1514 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:30 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:28 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 am

Hmm. This doesn't fit with rivera's scum MO though. As scum he is much more likely to bus, and he is not likely to join a wagon that he knows will flip town just to make numbers.
Xorxes your posts are usually better than this. You can't just shoot down detailed analysis by saying Rdrivera usually busses.
:? good point, xorxes this isnt a lot of effort are you the tanner :?
:lol: You think I posted that to draw the nightkill?

It was a morning post, I don't do long in the mornings.

I'm actually curious now to know what Squigs thinks of Prado's "detailed analysis" there. I thought rivera's response to it was pretty solid, even if I still scumlean rivera.

bozotheclown

#1515 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:39 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
TrPrado wrote:

False, Vaporwave was the first person who sided with me, and Jamie who voted for me even had reservations. You are the only one who chose to stay on me from the beginning, with zero reservations(on the substance), not my role
I have already twice said I meant to say that TrPrado was not the only one.

bozotheclown

#1516 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:40 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
We assume it was, since no one has claimed, and its likely town wouldnt have been so rushed to do it, while traitor has best chance in the beginning
The traitor would not shoot day 1 and risk shooting a teammate.

bozotheclown

#1517 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Oh bozo, you clever rascal you!

After you pushed dear Flav to claim and continued in your persistence in wanting to 'test' his bulletproof ability, now you're deflecting

'scum is in those that defended Flav'

Scum can be 1 defender but also another scum could have also voted Flav for his 'supposed' scumslip

Mafia knew Flav being lynched would have distracted town from thinking of voting someone else (perhaps a mafia member) thus I think mafia had many reasons to vote for Flav and to push for him to show us his ability
I agree the mafia are likely spread out in this way.

FlaviusAetius

#1518 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 pm
Captainmeme's proclamation and disappearance had sent shudders through Memetown. In the ensuing day, amidst the panic, the poor old Doctor Bo had been shot and killed. Unfortunately, after being shot, he had fallen into the meat grinder. Unfortunately, the town has a new saying... "Bo is the Wurst".

When the dawn breaks, a body is found, oddly pristine and yet also mangled. The town is able to determine it to be damo, but any trace of what he did in life has vanished from the world.

DAMO666 HAS DIED. He was [DELETED].

Additionally... an ASSASSIN target has been killed!

You may now post.
Makes sense, but wow assasin now has 1/3 also this proves the assasin is in this game, which I dont believe was a gurantee oh goodness! Also it proves I'm not the assasin target *phew*

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1519 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 pm

The usual question... Why wasn't xorxes nk'd?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1520 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:40 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
The traitor would not shoot day 1 and risk shooting a teammate.
That's what I keep thinking.