USA: A shithole country

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Smokey Gem

Re: USA: A shithole country

#41 Post by Smokey Gem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:29 am

PS I'm form western Australia. we have a reef bigger than the Great barrier reef , deserts , the Bungle Bungle , Limestone caves in the south. Great old forests ..
ohhhh and the oldest continual living culture on the planet. The Nyungar Nation .
Amazing fishing . Incredible beaches.

Population 2.5 million
area 2.6 million square Km.

1 square KM for eack of citizen so not really crowded.

so my from my POV yes the US is shithole.

have a nice day. I'm going for a surf, then fishing before enjoying world class wines ( Margaret River). ohh yes and we are only one state in Australia.

check out Matt Damons and Chris Hemsworths feeds and posts they just spent a few weeks here if you want another opinion.

Cheers.

StevenC.
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#42 Post by StevenC. » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Smokey Gem wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:22 am
I like visiting the US so I go on tours like " The school shooting Tour" or " Follow the Manson family outing" even Ted Bundies favorite dump sites". I love US culture. If it about the scenic national parks ect . why do you develop them ????
Mmm yes. Provide more salt.

Smokey Gem

#43 Post by Smokey Gem » Wed May 08, 2019 2:03 am

Is the US a Shit hole couthry . in one word.

DENVER.

Sympathies to the familys, students, teachers and first responders of all involved.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#44 Post by peterlund » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Today's events at Capitol Hill seem sadly to prove
this thread's title.

Matticus13

#45 Post by Matticus13 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:24 pm

peterlund wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 pm
Today's events at Capitol Hill seem sadly to prove
this thread's title.
Yes, Peter... Definitely... Derp. I'm pretty sure the riot at the capital has widely been condemned by most of the country. A few thousand angry dipshits who pretend to love everything America is *supposed* to be about don't represented all of us. I'm sure you have your fair share of ignorant garbage human beings as well.

If you don't live here, and don't mingle with our kinfolk, maybe you don't have all the puzzle pieces. A few hours of video tape in the capital doesn't take away from my mostly decent countrymen/women who try to do the right thing more often than not.

I'd be glad to introduce you to my friends and family if you're ever in the neighborhood.

PS: How'd that COVID-19 herd immunity strategy go?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#46 Post by peterlund » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:48 pm

Just reminding you. The shithead started this Jan 12 2018.

https://youtu.be/HcMFmoTCdcU

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#47 Post by peterlund » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Matticus13 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:24 pm
Yes, Peter... Definitely... Derp. I'm pretty sure the riot at the capital has widely been condemned by most of the country. A few thousand angry dipshits who pretend to love everything America is *supposed* to be about don't represented all of us. I'm sure you have your fair share of ignorant garbage human beings as well.
Oh no!! Dream on! That easily you do not get off the hook!

The shithead was elected into office Nov 2016 in an American presidential election. And guess by whom, the American people!

I hold everyone that had the right to vote in that presidential election 2016 equally responsible for yesterday's events on Capitol Hill. Only the people that voted for Hillary Clinton in that election go free from responsibility in my mind. Equally responsible for yesterday's events are also half the electorate that did not even bother to vote. They let it happen by not voting against the shithead.
If you don't live here, and don't mingle with our kinfolk, maybe you don't have all the puzzle pieces. A few hours of video tape in the capital doesn't take away from my mostly decent countrymen/women who try to do the right thing more often than not.
I have been studying in Florida for 5 months in the early 90'ies. I have followed events in USA since then with great interest. I say boldly that I probably know more about American politics than you do. :-)

And you know what. I was a big fan of your country. I saw USA as a great example for the world to take after all the way up to Nov 2016. But then you, about 75% of the American electorate, dissapointed me by letting the shithead, an half fascist if you look at his actions, become your "president". Like any other dictator, he now disputes the election result and did not immediately say that he would leave the white house peacefully.
I'd be glad to introduce you to my friends and family if you're ever in the neighborhood.
I am probably a lot older than you, but still I would not mind swinging a good beer or two in a bar if I come by some day. Now it may also happen as my boycott is over after Biden-Harris takes office.

By the way if you read the this full thread I started in May 2018 you will see the same kind of reasoning around responsibilty there.

Matticus13

#48 Post by Matticus13 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 pm

-Perhaps you should hold the Democratic Party accountable as well, since they couldn't find a better candidate than Hillary Clinton in '16. They are damn lucky that Trump screwed himself with the COVID-19 response or he'd be gearing up for term number two, because Biden is nearly as flawed of a candidate as Hillary was. The fact that Biden won the popular vote by only 4.5% against a garbage human being like Trump speaks volumes...

-You'll have to explain what "know more" means and how you measure that. Politics is something that I am trying to find a way into currently (likely at a state level), and I spend a *significant* amount of my internet browsing scouring different sites for the latest happenings. I don't know how much you know, but I might know as much as you know ;)

Well, if you're in the Kansas sometime, feel free to take me up on that offer, Peter. I read your thread, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

Crazy Anglican

#49 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 am

@peterlund

Yes, I’ll own it. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 because both other choices disgusted me. Since then I was part of my home state, Georgia, going blue and delivering 16 electoral votes for Biden plus two new Democratic senators as an extra “up yours” to the toddler in chief.

I think, in reality, we just had a very upsetting brush with fascism. In that regard, yeah, I saw Trump as a bit of a clown and an embarrassment, but this last year has awakened me to exactly how bad it was having the wrong person in office at the wrong time. So, I think many Americans got complacent and thought one was basically the same as another. Which resulted in a crisis none of us had seen in our lifetimes. So one one hand, yeah, he got into office. On the other hand, the ship is righting itself because lots of people like me are righting it.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#50 Post by orathaic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 am

I think, in reality, we just had a very upsetting brush with fascism
I hope you are right. I fear the violence will continue, entitled white supremacists will continue to incite attacks, and Biden's only option will be to enact new laws (to appear to be doing something, when inciting violence is already a crime, domestic terrorism is already a crime etc.) and become more authoritarian.

All Americans will lose civil liberties as a result. Not that authoritarianism is the same as the fascism we've seen lately. But I think it is clear I am against state violence (sure white supremacist violence is worse, but there are white supremacists in the police and military).

Still, I hope you are right. But I doubt the invasion of the Capitol building was seen as anything but a victory, and success breeds success.. . They will try again.

Fluminator

#51 Post by Fluminator » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:13 pm

While I'm very happy to be living in Canada over America right now, America would be in my top 10 countries to live.

I think it's a very western-centric view to say America is one of the worst and ignoring so many third world countries that are in much worse shape.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#52 Post by flash2015 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:34 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:13 pm
While I'm very happy to be living in Canada over America right now, America would be in my top 10 countries to live.

I think it's a very western-centric view to say America is one of the worst and ignoring so many third world countries that are in much worse shape.
To be fair, when people compare the US to other countries, they are usually meaning other advanced Western countries (Canada, UK, Western Europe, Australia, NZ, Japan, Korea, etc.). They aren't meaning Central or South America, Eastern Europe & Russia, Africa etc.

Are you trying to lower the comparison bar perhaps? "USA is better than Berkina Faso. Woohoo! USA! USA! USA!" :razz:

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#53 Post by peterlund » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:21 pm

An interesting point of view that seems to fit very well into the topic of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNghg1Y-WIc

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#54 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Well as the brilliant musician from Five for Fighting sings, "it's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland"
My point being, if you're in the power elite, the priveliged classes then just about anywhere can be wonderful.

Turn it on it's head and make comparitive assessment for a person who would be considered marginalised.
So compare life for a First Nations Australian girl in a remote community with:
Afro~American woman in crime riddled suburb of LA,
with
Lesbian Jewish musician in Putin's Russia
with
Uyghar young woman in Xi Jinpeng's China
with
Intellectual woman lesbian in Saudi Arabia
With
Etc etc.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#55 Post by orathaic » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm

With an Irish traveller in Ireland,
with an first nations citizen in the US or Canada,
with an amazonian tribal group in Brazil.