Should there be stricter regulations on thoughts and prayers?

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
brainbomb

Should there be stricter regulations on thoughts and prayers?

#1 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 30, 2023 9:07 pm

After recent failures by thoughts and prayers to assist with high powered machine guns jamming at opportune times: should there be stricter regulations on thoughts and prayers?
Thoughts of violence have recently outweighed the power of thoughts of those wishing for no violence. should states enact laws restricting ages to over 18 before thoughts are allowed? would this help ease the problem?
Also would forcing people who want prayers to work effectively help God sympathize more adequately? for instance a ban on high powered assault prayers, mental health screenings for people trying to pray, or perhaps mandatory background checks on anyone who isnt actively praying enough

Octavious

Re: Should there be stricter regulations on thoughts and prayers?

#2 Post by Octavious » Wed May 31, 2023 12:04 am

What we need is an evidence based approach, so let's start with a small trial.

The next time you have a thought, rather than posting it immediately on webDip wait 24 hours and reevaluate the thought, then wait a further 364 days and reevaluate again. If the thought still feels interesting, post away.

I shall do similar with prayers.

After 5 years under this regulatory regime we should meet up and discuss our findings
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Randomizer

#3 Post by Randomizer » Wed May 31, 2023 5:18 pm

We need to fine people whose thoughts and prayers fail for false product claims. Peddling defective merchandise is criminal and this should be no different. All we need to do is expand the powers of current government regulators to include this.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4 Post by orathaic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:41 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:18 pm
We need to fine people whose thoughts and prayers fail for false product claims. Peddling defective merchandise is criminal and this should be no different. All we need to do is expand the powers of current government regulators to include this.
Wasn't there a case where a church prayed for a bar(or maybe strip joint) across the road to burn down, and when it was hit by lightening and burnt down, the insurance said it was an act of God, so the sued the church; who then went on the claim that their prayers couldn't be responsible...

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:29 pm

... and then someone gave the judge a dollar and he read the words "in God we trust", and the post office delivered all the prayers to the courthouse, and Kris Kringle is pulled away by a reindeer whilst sat on a sled called rosebud...

I remember it well
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience