What's everyone's favourite anti-vax argument?

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Fluminator

What's everyone's favourite anti-vax argument?

#1 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:38 am

I have a few, but I'm curious in what others there are before I start listing some.

Jamiet99uk

Re: What's everyone's favourite anti-vax argument?

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:49 pm

"Favourite" as in "most stupid and wrong" ?

I'll start with: "I don't need vaccines because I'vE g0t An imMuNe sYsT3m".

Also how about "vAcCinEs CaUsE aUtiSm!"
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Tolstoy

#3 Post by Tolstoy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:16 pm

In my case, it's the carditis that started a couple of weeks after my second dose, persisted for months, and was probably the main cause of a heart attack I suffered 5 months after injection.

Tolstoy

#4 Post by Tolstoy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm

Also, the first and last time I got the flu vaccine (2017) was also the year I was hit hardest by it - I lost almost two weeks of work. The vaccine that year was later admitted to have an efficacy rate in the teens, IIRC.

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Favourite as in the most convincing?

For covid it was just the obvious statement that you're being injected with a very powerful substance that has been rushed through the process at record speed and about which our knowledge of the long term risks are pretty negligible. Combined with the fact that the impact of the covid virus on children was virtually none existent, and the impact on people outside of vulnerable groups was approximately similar to a cold.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have avoided the 2nd booster. It left my arm aching for months and the benefits to me are pretty minimal. My mother in law is one of the unfortunate thousands of people who developed tinnitus after being given the vaccine booster, but she is of an age where it was probably worth the risk even so.
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Fluminator

#6 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:06 pm

Tolstoy wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:16 pm
In my case, it's the carditis that started a couple of weeks after my second dose, persisted for months, and was probably the main cause of a heart attack I suffered 5 months after injection.
Yikes, sorry to hear that Tolstoy. Make sure you keep up with Vitamin D and continuously getting checked for potential blood clotting so you can get them removed. I know several people who have similar stories and they seem to slowly be getting better as the spike proteins flush out of their system.
Tolstoy wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm
Also, the first and last time I got the flu vaccine (2017) was also the year I was hit hardest by it - I lost almost two weeks of work. The vaccine that year was later admitted to have an efficacy rate in the teens, IIRC.
The flu shot is a bit risky in the sense that it's effective if they predict the right strain of flu coming around but that's always a bit hit or miss. If they have a miss, then your body is trained to fight the wrong strain and it's sometimes the opposite of effective. In Alberta where I live the 2014/2015 flu shot increased your odds of getting the flu, although apparently they've had better luck more recent years. (But it also has the downside where if you miss a year after getting the shot for several years, you're more susceptible than if you've never been dosed as your body comes to rely on them.)

(https://globalnews.ca/news/1804162/cana ... ting-sick/)

That's one of the downsides to the covid vaccine in that we now need to perpetually be getting them every 9 months as new strains come, and I suspect it's similar to flu shots where if we stop now, it will be worse than if we never got it at all. (anecdotally, everyone I know who have been hit hard by this latest wave are double-jabbed, while triple-jabbed and non-jabbed are mostly fine) So we're kind of locked in to this strategy now.

Randomizer

#7 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:31 am

I like Bill Gates explaining that Internet Explorer was ended because they ran out of vaccine microchips.

Not that they need tracking microchips when so many are willing to pay for government tracking using their own smartphones. They don't even need a warrant since they can buy the location information from third party app providers that you authorized to have and sell your information.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#8 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:58 am

"God/Jesus/Allah will keep me safe, I don't need a cv19 vaccination"
Then after getting cv19.. I'm off to hospital where god/jesus/Allah will keep me safe..
On arrival in heaven or hell, Thanks God/ Jesus /Allah for keeping me safe in heaven/hell
Or on discharge from hospital alive, "thanks god/jesus/allah for saving me, i didn't really need proper health care & modern drugs etc, they had no effect"

These behaviours I call "self visualised reality seeking with self perceived success"

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9 Post by orathaic » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:22 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:49 pm
"Favourite" as in "most stupid and wrong" ?

I'll start with: "I don't need vaccines because I'vE g0t An imMuNe sYsT3m".

Also how about "vAcCinEs CaUsE aUtiSm!"
My favourite is that since autistic people are over represented in the sciences, we can actually claim that Autism causes Vaccines :)