PSA: Stop with the Anti-Russia Game Names (and Disregard Them When You See Them)

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
ShankaDaWanka

PSA: Stop with the Anti-Russia Game Names (and Disregard Them When You See Them)

#1 Post by ShankaDaWanka » Wed May 11, 2022 5:31 pm

I have seen a few games, particularly for Modern Diplomacy II, with titles that encourage people to attack Russia or unconditionally support Ukraine. It was disappointing to see some people take it seriously. Of course Russia's invasion and warcrimes are horrendous. But it really is ridiculous how many people take their frustrations with the ongoing crisis out on players who were randomly assigned to play Russia! Even if people could choose their countries, it would still be some of the LARPiest shit to shape your strategy around how you feel about the current conflict. This is thankfully not the most prominent issue we have, at least not yet. But I did feel the need to get my two cents in about it, since it seems like the dumbest reason to lose points and ghost rating.

Matticus13

Re: PSA: Stop with the Anti-Russia Game Names (and Disregard Them When You See Them)

#2 Post by Matticus13 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:12 am

So, your diplomacy as Russia needs work? Just blame everything on Austria...