Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Message
Author
Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#81 Post by Octavious » Fri May 21, 2021 6:17 am

Conflict in the Holy Land ends. Everybody wins!

The warfare between Israel and Hamas has come to an end with a glorious triumph for all sides. A Hamas official told the Associated Press news agency that the ceasefire announced by Israel amounts to a "victory" for the Palestinian people. Meanwhile Israeli Defence Minister Benny Gantz said on Twitter that the Gaza offensive had yielded "unprecedented military gains". In the US President Biden credited his administration's own "quiet and relentless diplomacy," in arriving at the agreement.

With such an unparalleled success for all parties we can only hope for more opportunities for conflict in the future. With the current crop of political leaders it is all but certain.
2

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Karma: 294

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#82 Post by orathaic » Sat May 22, 2021 5:22 pm


I worked for an Israeli company for many years and I had to travel to Israel many times. I am telling you what I saw with my own eyes.

You were the one that said "Unless Palestinians suddenly wakeup White tomorrow" suggesting that it was all about skin colour. I responded to that.
Fair point. I guess I should be clear. White is about race, not skin colour. Today most Jewish and Irish people are considered white, where most Arab and Muslim populations are not.

Because 'race' and 'racialised minorities' is a fluid concept which varies over place and time.There was a time when people put up signs saying 'no blacks, no irish', because both were marginalised minorities. Irish people didn't benefit from white privilege the way we do today.

The are people in Brazil today who clearly understand 'white'to refer to wealth not skin colour. People with black skin who would be offended by the idea that they are ''black' because they have privilege in their wealth.

And there is ample evidence that an earthquake killing people in westernised 'white' wealthy countries generates more news coverage than the equivalent earthquake in (say) China - a self-perpetuating cycle of media reporting what people want to hear and people caring about what the media reports on...

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 1049

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#83 Post by flash2015 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:50 pm

Young AP journalist "cancelled" for having pro-Palestinian views is college:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ta ... ily-wilder

Where is all the cancel culture outrage? Oh that's right. The free speech warriors only care if someone they agree with is "cancelled".

Again this shows how hostile the current US media environment is to journalists that are not supportive of Israel. The pro-Israel mob would normally have called Emily Wilder an antisemite...but that would have been hard considering that she herself is Jewish.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Karma: 294

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#84 Post by orathaic » Sun May 23, 2021 7:21 am

flash2015 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:50 pm
Young AP journalist "cancelled" for having pro-Palestinian views is college:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ta ... ily-wilder

Where is all the cancel culture outrage? Oh that's right. The free speech warriors only care if someone they agree with is "cancelled".

Again this shows how hostile the current US media environment is to journalists that are not supportive of Israel. The pro-Israel mob would normally have called Emily Wilder an antisemite...but that would have been hard considering that she herself is Jewish.
Again demonstrating how the 'free' western media conforms to acceptable narratives despite not having censorship.

Though the fact that we know about it now (unlike, say 20 years ago before social media) may make a difference.

See also, the IGN letter: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-ga ... explained/

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#85 Post by Octavious » Sun May 23, 2021 10:00 am

Are you seriously suggesting that a pro Palestinian narrative doesn't exist across vast swathes of Western Media?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 1049

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#86 Post by flash2015 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Canadian journalists face retribution for signing letter asking for more freedom in covering the Israel/Palestine conflict (e.g. many Canadian publications ban the use of the word "Palestine" in their coverage):

https://theintercept.com/2021/05/20/isr ... ts-letter/

The open letter:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tp0 ... gCD0A/edit

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 1049

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#87 Post by flash2015 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Another journalist "cancelled", this time from the Guardian, for saying something silly on Twitter about US funding of Israel military...even after deleting the tweet and aplogizing:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/02/ ... -of-israel

I can keep adding examples of this. This has been happening for years.

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#88 Post by Octavious » Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Canada has a wide range of news outlets with differing political stances. Al Jazeera English is one of them with an extremely pro Palestinian bias. What does it matter if one outlet happens to take the Israeli line? What matters is that there's outlets for the competing perspectives, and no particular perspective is being suppressed. Canada seems to be fine.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 1049

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#89 Post by flash2015 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Where are you getting this "one outlet" from? There are signatories from lots of media outlets (e.g. McLean's, CBC, Burnaby Beacon, Toronto Star, 660NEWS and many more).

The article itself mentions that one of the signatories had received reports from journalists at multiple publications about this issue.

I am not sure that I would agree that because a single low rating foreign broadcaster may slant the news a different way, then it is all OK.

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#90 Post by Octavious » Sun May 23, 2021 6:37 pm

I don't have a great deal of trust in your article's journalistic integrity, to be honest. To take a quote
In Britain, there has been a years-long absurd campaign to tar former Labour leader (and critic of Israeli government policy) Jeremy Corbyn as an anti-Semite
To call it a years long absurd campaign is utterly ludicrous. There was nothing absurd about it. Corbyn turned a blind eye to Labour's descent into antisemitism to such an extent that every Jewish newspaper in the UK united against him and the Labour Party suspended him. If they can be wildly wrong about this I have no reason to believe that they are right in their judgement of anything else

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18464
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10254
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#91 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:37 pm
I don't have a great deal of trust in your article's journalistic integrity, to be honest. To take a quote
In Britain, there has been a years-long absurd campaign to tar former Labour leader (and critic of Israeli government policy) Jeremy Corbyn as an anti-Semite
To call it a years long absurd campaign is utterly ludicrous. There was nothing absurd about it. Corbyn turned a blind eye to Labour's descent into antisemitism to such an extent that every Jewish newspaper in the UK united against him and the Labour Party suspended him. If they can be wildly wrong about this I have no reason to believe that they are right in their judgement of anything else
You are wildily wrong about this. Jeremy Corbyn was not and is not an ant-Semite, you cunt.

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#92 Post by Octavious » Sun May 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Exactly how many times are we going to listen to you apologise for saying cunt before we should conclude that you're not remotely sorry at all, I wonder?

I remind you of the Equality and Human Rights Commission's report that stated its analysis "points to a culture within the Labour party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent anti-Semitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it" and "This is inexcusable and appeared to be a result of a lack of willingness to tackle anti-Semitism rather than an inability to do so."

I remind you of the current Labour leader who suspended Jeremy Corbyn, saying "I made it clear the Labour Party I lead will not tolerate anti-Semitism, neither will it tolerate the argument that denies or minimises anti-Semitism in the Labour Party on the basis that it's exaggerated or a factional row."

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Karma: 294

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#93 Post by orathaic » Mon May 24, 2021 9:16 am

Do I remember correctly that Corbyn 'proved' his credentials by going to a major Jewish group who happened to share his anti-Zionist views and claimed that this anti-Semitism was in fact a a case of conflation(can't find a link right now).

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#94 Post by Octavious » Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am

Do some Jews hold similar views to Corbyn regarding the Holy Land? Yes. Does this prove anything other than that Jews, along with every other segment of humanity, hold a wide range of views? No.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 957906.amp
"The stain and shame of anti-Semitism has coursed through Her Majesty's Opposition since Jeremy Corbyn became leader in 2015"

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Karma: 294

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#95 Post by orathaic » Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 am

I know you are being either deliberately obtuse and ignorant, or simply trolling. But the claim is simy that bring anti-Zionist is not anti-Semitic. Repeating the smear doesn't make it any more true.
1

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#96 Post by Octavious » Mon May 24, 2021 11:17 am

"[Mr Corbyn] is not a victim. We have been the victim of the anti-Semitism."
- MP Margaret Hodge, parliamentary chair of the Jewish Labour Movement

Do you want to embarrass yourself further defending Mr Corbyn, or are you done now?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18464
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10254
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#97 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 24, 2021 11:42 am

Octavious wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am
Do some Jews hold similar views to Corbyn regarding the Holy Land? Yes. Does this prove anything other than that Jews, along with every other segment of humanity, hold a wide range of views? No.
Does it suggest that those Jews are anti-Semites? The old "self-hating-Jew" trope?

It is not anti-Semitic to be strongly opposed to the state of Israel.

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#98 Post by Octavious » Mon May 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:42 am
It is not anti-Semitic to be strongly opposed to the state of Israel.
Which has never been the argument used against Jeremy Corbyn on this site. Your straw man is old, tired, and in desperate need of extra stuffing.

It is true to say, however, that whilst being opposed to Israel doesn't make you an anti-Semite, the vast majority of anti-Semites are indeed strongly opposed to Israel.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18464
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10254
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#99 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Octavious wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:33 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:42 am
It is not anti-Semitic to be strongly opposed to the state of Israel.
Which has never been the argument used against Jeremy Corbyn on this site. Your straw man is old, tired, and in desperate need of extra stuffing.

It is true to say, however, that whilst being opposed to Israel doesn't make you an anti-Semite, the vast majority of anti-Semites are indeed strongly opposed to Israel.
What is the argument? It appears to be "Margaret Hodge and some newspaper editors said he was an anti-Semite, so he must be".

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile another Palestinian Genocide brought to you by Israeli Fascists

#100 Post by Octavious » Mon May 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Again and again, Jeremy Corbyn has sided with antisemites rather than Jews. At best, this derives from the far left’s obsessive hatred of Zionism, Zionists and Israel. At worst, it suggests a conspiratorial worldview in which mainstream Jewish communities are believed to be a hostile entity, a class enemy. When Jeremy Corbyn was elected leader of the Labour Party, Jews expressed sincere and profound fears as to how such politics would impact upon their wellbeing. Our concerns were never taken seriously
The Jewish Leadership Council

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests