The inevitable demise of Western Civilisation

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

The inevitable demise of Western Civilisation

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 pm

My default position is that of the idealist, yet despite that, I am starting to think that Western Civilisation is doomed.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: The inevitable demise of Western Civilisation

#2 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 pm

There's several factors involved in my opinion. The most critical is the destruction of the public education systems in the USA by conservative right wing forces. Well done. The world's superpower is fatally crippled, it's poorly educated manipulated masses cannot think critically, and they are indoctrinated with all the worst values, foremost is selfishness and the delusions about what is important, consumerism etc.
A catastrophic global war is probably inevitable within the next ten or twenty years, barring miracles. The Omnipotent Christian or Muslim God will watch us and do.... Nothing.

Octavious

#3 Post by Octavious » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 am

MajorMitchell wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 pm
A catastrophic global war is probably inevitable within the next ten or twenty years, barring miracles. The Omnipotent Christian or Muslim God will watch us and do.... Nothing.
If so we can safely assume that Western Civilisation will last just as long as all the others ;). As for the will of God, who is to say it isn't another great flood event where Zeus decided to punish humanity for all the wickedness in the world and sent a flood that killed everyone except for King Deucalion and Pyrrha.

But I think that you are letting prejudice cloud your thinking. All you have to do is meet some Yanks to know that your narrative of selfish deluded idiots is not the case. Yank bashing is always fun, don't get me wrong, but you shouldn't go around actually believing it. It's the same with the French. It's a lot of fun to say that they're 3 eyed monsters who spend their entire lives urinating in the street, failing to wash, and having affairs with each other... when the reality is that they have just as many eyes as everyone else.

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Much like the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, the barbarians are at the gates because they already live here. Trump accelerated the denial of science and rational thought so now opinion trumps facts.

MajorMitchell

#5 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:29 am

Who knows, but there are definitely domestiic Barbarians testing the Democratic institutions of many western Democracies in my opinion.
Maybe a dangerous confrontation with the Totalitarian States is what is needed to re~educate disengaged citizens and the domestic Barbarians that Freedom is important.snd albeit imperfect, Democracies are the best form of government when compared to Totalitarianism.

leon1122

#6 Post by leon1122 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:15 am

Randomizer wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 pm
Much like the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, the barbarians are at the gates because they already live here. Trump accelerated the denial of science and rational thought so now opinion trumps facts.
It's not very PC to call Latin Americans barbarians.