Myanmar Criminal Military Coup D'etat

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Myanmar Criminal Military Coup D'etat

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 am

Protecting our precious Democracies requires us to help the people of Myanmar protect their fledgling Democracy and the democratically elected 🇲🇲 Government led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and Myanmar Civil Disobedience Movement
Please do Facebook search for Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher Facebook Page for posts from Myanmar Civil Disobedience Movement and share,
Or find Myanmar Civil Disobedience Movement on Facebook & other Interwebby social networks & help them please.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Myanmar Criminal Military Coup D'etat

#2 Post by flash2015 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:29 am

Violence is escalating there. After the violence got far too close, my Mother in law finally decided she needed to get the s*** out of dodge.

COVID had already made it near impossible to travel to/from Myanmar, the coup just made it at order of magnitude worse. All sort of problems trying to get a ticket on a relief flight out of there.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm

After a month the Criminal Military Coup D'etat is struggling to maintain control against increasing Peaceful Resistance from courageous honest people of Myanmar. They need our help. Please help. Defending our precious Democracies requires us to help the honest courageous people of Myanmar protect their precious fledgling Democracy. Please help.
The death toll mounts. Some friends in Australia are discussing setting up a fundraiser for the families of those innocent courageous Democracy Activists killed. Their sacrifice will be honoured and they will be remembered.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by flash2015 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:46 pm

Getting older and seeing lots of protests go nowhere (e.g. has anything happened in Belarus?), I have become quite pessimistic about the ability of protest to affect change.

Hopefully this time is different. The protesters have been really organized and creative (e.g. using fake car breakdowns to stop the military vehicles getting through). Unfortunately the military is going to crack down harder and harder hoping that they can break them. I just hope that the protesters can hold out for the long haul...as it could take months for anything substantial to change.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by flash2015 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:35 am

Let's spice this up.

The US House today passed a resolution today condemning the Burma coup:

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/202197

This should have been one of those "no brainer" votes to show you believe in democracy without actually doing anything. Fourteen members of the "pro coup, pro dictatorship" caucus voted against it including the nutcases Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert as well as our favourite congressman from Florida Matt Gaetz:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5440 ... in-myanmar

MajorMitchell

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:45 am

The Criminal Military Dictatorship in Myanmar are using more force, greater violence, killing more protestors.
It's an escalation of desperation amongst the different ethnic groups and Political factions. The Criminal Military Dictatorship are getting more desperate, they don't have control of the country and external support for the Democracy Activists in Myanmar is growing.
There's also increasing diplomatic forces getting involved and most of that is not public. For all it's faults the Indian government like that of the troubled Australian government, the Indian government and nation have few illusions about Xi Jinpeng and his ambitions, so they just won't sit back and let this military coup d'etat in Myanmar succeed.
POTUS Joe Biden's diplomatic mission to Japan and his message to China reaffirming USA's support for it's allies in the Indo~Pacific, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the Phillipines, Australia and New Zealand and others was excellent Foreign policy from Joe Biden.
I can't see the Military Dictatorship in Myanmar ever getting control of the country, they will be fighting insurgent guerilla militias indefinitely.
The people of Myanmar are simply overwhelmingly opposed to the Military Dictatorship, older generations can remember the former corrupted Military Dictatorships and the struggle for reforms and Democratic Election that led to Myanmar Government led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and have experienced life under her Government.
Generation Z in Myanmar as they call themselves are the most committed opponents to the Military Dictatorship, they've reduced it to a choice of fighting for freedom and risking death to win Freedom or a living death as slaves.
Although Xi Jinpeng undoubtedly imho instigated and is supporting the Military Dictatorship in Myanmar they are expendable, Xi Jinpeng can dump them, abandon them without suffering any significant Political damage. He can continue to covertly meddle in Myanmar without this particular Military Dictatorship holding power.
They don't have control over the country, their grasp on power is shaky, and they're expendable. If the overwhelming majority of the people of Myanmar continue to resist, if they increase their use of sabotage and militias they will win in my opinion.
The people of Myanmar won't eliminate Chinese influence in Myanmar but they look like they are capable of limiting it and saving their democracy, albeit imperfect, like all Democracies. With enough international support it's inevitable in my opinion, and although slower than I would like, that International support is increasing.
So my shoutouts go to the European leaders who are moving to support with Macron's deployment of naval forces, an aircraft carrier group to the Indian Ocean a standout move. POTUS Joe Biden and Kamala Harris for an excellent diplomatic mission to Japan gets a shoutout and the combined diplomacy between Japan, India with Pacific partners.
I am a huge enthusiast of Indian involvement, frankly I will stand eagerly with a million+ Punjabi warriors and Ghurkas against Xi Jinpeng's hordes and bluntly, Xi Jinpeng knows he can't defeat India. In all it's Millennia of existence, the Middle Kingdom and it's Empires have never defeated and conquered the Indians. Alexander couldn't and neither can Xi Jinpeng.
That's a good point to end with.
Au Revoir Mes Amis

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by orathaic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Although Xi Jinpeng undoubtedly imho instigated and is supporting the Military Dictatorship in Myanmar
What make you undoubtable in this suggestion that the coup was instigated by China (from what I can tell they are supporting the military, in a supply deal which pre-dates the coup, and they haven't immediately moved to cut that support).

From what I have read China is seen as a hated foreign influence since before the coup, extracting resources. But that also suggests the democratic government allowed China do things, so why would the want to instigate a coup?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8 Post by flash2015 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:25 pm

orathaic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:32 pm
Although Xi Jinpeng undoubtedly imho instigated and is supporting the Military Dictatorship in Myanmar
What make you undoubtable in this suggestion that the coup was instigated by China (from what I can tell they are supporting the military, in a supply deal which pre-dates the coup, and they haven't immediately moved to cut that support).

From what I have read China is seen as a hated foreign influence since before the coup, extracting resources. But that also suggests the democratic government allowed China do things, so why would the want to instigate a coup?
One truly massive reason. This project is absolutely HATED in Burma:

https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/myanmar ... m-dilemma/

Min Aung Hlaing is floating unnamed stalled hydropower projects to be restarted:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/23/my ... democracy/

MajorMitchell

#9 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:22 am

Orathaic you cannot expect me to do your basic research on the Coup D'etat in Myanmar.
Chinese influence in Myanmar has been going on for decades, with the previous Military Dictatorships before elections were held and Myanmar Government led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi gained some power to lead the Myanmar nation.
There are several resource "extraction" projects that are hated by the overwhelming majority of the people of Myanmar. A major has pipeline to the PRC.that exists now. Several controversial hydro electricity and dam projects scheduled that are also hated by the people of Myanmar.
Easy to find if you look.
Also pictures and videos from Myanmar of Chinese Military Officers in action in Myanmar, mainly IT expertise, Intelligence services to assist the crackdown on dissent and to target resistance leadership. Covert support and overt support with munitions etc.
Plenty of evidence emerging & not overly difficult to find Orathaic.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#10 Post by orathaic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:07 am

I did look these up before posting. My conclusion was that the elected Myanmar govt was happy to facilitate China. So why would China want them removed?

MajorMitchell

#11 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:20 am

That is a question on Chinese Communist Dictator Xi Jinpeng can answer Orathaic. I would suggest that a more considered view of the Myanmar Government led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi be adopted. It was always hamstrung by Military Tatmadaw Generals and imperfect, bit a major improvement on previous Corrupted Military Dictatorships in Myanmar. A most significant achievement was getting telecommunications into Myanmar, that has give GenerationX in Myanmar connections with outside world and each other that are powerful influences on their inspiring Resistance imho. I am definitely NO EXPERT on Myanmar yet I can easily spot a Wicked Criminal Imperialist Warmonger Dictatorship when I see it clearly.

MajorMitchell

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:21 am

Typos.. that is a question only...