Vids from Parler

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Vids from Parler

#1 Post by orathaic » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 am

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq6c ... vnvHaG05zj

In case you aren't aware, as various services were withdrawn from Parler, it appears some security vulnerabilities ereopened up, and a huge amount of content was downloaded.

From these, we find videos uploaded from DC on the 6th (most services remove geolocation data from uploaded materials, so if I download an image from WhatsApp, that info is automatically scrubbed... Looks like parler didn't do this)

I can find more info on the leak if ppl are interested, but according to @bellingcat (on twitter) this is every video they have found.

Matticus13

Re: Vids from Parler

#2 Post by Matticus13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:48 pm

From what I understood, the data was in raw form when they hacked into Palor. Maybe there will be more videos/pictures/content down the line, or is this it?

Sidenote: It was dumb to deplatform Parlor, unless Amazon was worried about being held liable for hosting the app. Now extremists are moving onto encrypted messaging services... Somebody slap Bezos.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by orathaic » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:03 pm

It was politically expedient to dump Parler, Google, Apple and Amazon all pulled their (client side apps on the first two's app stores and server side support), none of those companies care about anything except how much money they are likely to make.

What I'm reading suggests this is all the video uploaded to parler during the capitol seige, from the DC area. Maybe the archives have missed some,maybe more was uploaded later.maybe lots was uploaded elsewhere/to (more private) WhatsApp groups?

Matticus13

#4 Post by Matticus13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm

As many phones as I saw in random pieces of footage, I would think there would have to be more somewhere. Perhaps on other apps/sites as you suggested. I'm kinda disappointed this is all they got in terms of video. I know they saved more posts that allegedly incite/call for violence. Any idea where that data dump is?

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by orathaic » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 pm

https://twitter.com/donk_enby/status/13 ... 80098?s=19

You can try there if you're interested

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6 Post by orathaic » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Doing some more reading, they only got parler posts which were public. I don't know if parler has(had) private groups or similar restrictions.. . From what I'm reading it was rather incompetent. Like stuff I was able to 'hack' 16 years ago on a 1 man web game (like diplomacy, but the Dev wasn't half as good as the team here).. .