Announcing Diadokhi II for play-testing!1

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
tsvi14

Announcing Diadokhi II for play-testing!1

#1 Post by tsvi14 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been working on a new variant of Diplomacy for quite some time now. The variant is called Diadokhi II, and the rules are at this link: https://www.docdroid.net/WYvBm9G/diadokhi-ii-rules.docx
and the vdiplomacy game here: https://www.vdiplomacy.com/variants.php?variantID=139

The variant is set during the Wars of the Diadochi - the wars of Alexander the Great's generals fought after his death over his Empire. It uses basic Standard Diplomacy rules, with two variations:
a) Transform rule - as an action, a fleet occupying a coastal province may transform into an army, and vice versa - the action fails if the province is attacked.
b) Winter 322 - The game's first moves take place Spring 321 bce, but in winter 322, there is a build phase (meaning that players may place armies/fleets wherever they want instead of having them pre-placed).
And that's it! Easy to play - and there's a reason I'm posting this.

The variant isn't play-tested yet, which is why I'm looking for volunteer play-testers, to play it on vdiplomacy. Just tell me you're in (pm me or reply to this), and I'll invite you to a game there! This is for me to gather feedback about the game and check that its mechanics work. Hopefully I have many volunteers, and hopefully they all have a ton of fun playing Diadokhi II!

adityapgupta211

Re: Announcing Diadokhi II for play-testing!1

#2 Post by adityapgupta211 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:06 pm

I would love to play with you guys on your new map! I have already made an account on that similar site. I am ready!

stefanodangello

#3 Post by stefanodangello » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm

I'm more than interested to play, as long as phases are not too short! Have you created a game already? I'll log into vDip after years of absence and see if I can either find it or find you there!

adityapgupta211

#4 Post by adityapgupta211 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:20 am

stefanodangello wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm
I'm more than interested to play, as long as phases are not too short! Have you created a game already? I'll log into vDip after years of absence and see if I can either find it or find you there!
I saw his game in there earlier. Once OP finds the required number of players, he/she/it/idk will send us the invite code.