Starting a game

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
NideScarani

Starting a game

#1 Post by NideScarani » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:25 am

Hello,

It’s been a while since I was logged in. But I set up a private game and set the start time for two weeks and I thought that once all seven are signed up for the game, the game would start. But it appears that the game will start two weeks from the creation of the game. Is that new? Am I mis-remembering that? Thanks

JECE

Re: Starting a game

#2 Post by JECE » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:04 am

To be honest, I don't remember myself. I know that vDip has a setting for choosing whether games start as soon as enough players join, though.
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by gimix » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:06 pm

The game should start as soon as everybody joins, or to be exact "at the next processing cycle", but lately this doesn't seem to work some times.
If you post a link to the game here, or ask help via the mod forum, we will force it to start

NideScarani

#4 Post by NideScarani » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:13 pm

https://webdiplomacy.net/beta/?gameID=660823

Thanks! This is the game. We are all ready to kick it off and I am being YELLED at by my rude friends that want to know what country they are going to lose with.

If you or a mod could kick it off, that would be much appreciated.