Bots

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
hyakkimaru

Bots

#1 Post by hyakkimaru » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:23 pm

I am trying to get some practice in by playing bots however, it is very clear they are making alliances while I cannot. Is there a function for diplomacy with Bots?

Claesar

Re: Bots

#2 Post by Claesar » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:35 pm

hyakkimaru wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:23 pm
I am trying to get some practice in by playing bots however, it is very clear they are making alliances while I cannot. Is there a function for diplomacy with Bots?
No, not literally. They make alliances by issuing support orders to each other, just as experienced Gunboat (i.e. no press) players would do. You can do this as well! They do not favour other bots over you.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Bots

#3 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

They actually have no idea who the bots are and who the humans are from a code perspective. Bots are just good at reading the board and support orders. Make sure you enter supports, as it is the only way the bots communicate with you and each other.