Changed RR, Missed Turns, and Game Create

Site announcements from the moderator team go here.
Theoneandonly

Re: Changed RR, Missed Turns, and Game Create

#101 Post by Theoneandonly » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 pm

I am with you New England. My RR decreased dramatically due to live games. Even I have just 4/1331 yearly missed turns my RR is very low. I know I could have been more reliable. But most of the live games are pretty late in the evenings for me. But because I love this game I often join nevertheless. The problem is that it often takes more than an hour until we reach year two or three which extend live games extremly. Most of my mist turns I missed because I fell asleep due to the games doens´t progress any more before.
The thing is that I would assert to usually be a very reliable player. I am hoping for some system improvements for live games...

New England Fire Squad
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#102 Post by New England Fire Squad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Theoneandonly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 pm
I am with you New England. My RR decreased dramatically due to live games. Even I have just 4/1331 yearly missed turns my RR is very low. I know I could have been more reliable. But most of the live games are pretty late in the evenings for me. But because I love this game I often join nevertheless. The problem is that it often takes more than an hour until we reach year two or three which extend live games extremly. Most of my mist turns I missed because I fell asleep due to the games doens´t progress any more before.
The thing is that I would assert to usually be a very reliable player. I am hoping for some system improvements for live games...
I'm glad you said your piece - I've noticed you've been in less games lately, and figured this might be the reason why.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#103 Post by jmo1121109 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 am

I haven't forgotten about this. Started working on a change today. Current thought is un-excused missed turns from a live game will reduce RR 11% for 1 week, and only 5% for 1 month. After 1 month they stop being a penalty. An unexcused missed turn in a live game after 3 in the month will result in 24 hour temp bans. Those unexcused missed turns won't count towards the yearly max. Excepted ideally by the end of the week but can't promise it.

BobMcBob

#104 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 am
I haven't forgotten about this. Started working on a change today. Current thought is un-excused missed turns from a live game will reduce RR 11% for 1 week, and only 5% for 1 month. After 1 month they stop being a penalty. An unexcused missed turn in a live game after 3 in the month will result in 24 hour temp bans. Those unexcused missed turns won't count towards the yearly max. Excepted ideally by the end of the week but can't promise it.
I think that's a good way to go about it. Although there is another problem I have seen in live games. I have seen many live games ruined by the new system, when someone doesn't show up to the game, the first two turns are delayed, and then someone has to join before the game can continue.

I have two ideas for possible fixes, although neither of them are particularly good. One (the more harsh one) is that if anyone doesn't enter orders in the first turn, they are kicked immediately. The other is that we keep a similar system but if someone doesn't enter orders in the first turn, an unexcused missed turn is taken away but the phase progresses and the country uses only hold orders (similar to the old system). Neither are great, but they may be an improvement. I'll let the experienced live game players air their opinions on them.

Carl Tuckerson

#105 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:53 am

I blew my RR by dozing off during one game and losing power during the other. My RR is lower than the threshold for a game I am in (80% threshold, mine is 75%). Does this affect my eligibility for the game? I'm guessing not since nothing has happened in the game yet.

Claesar

#106 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:53 am
I blew my RR by dozing off during one game and losing power during the other. My RR is lower than the threshold for a game I am in (80% threshold, mine is 75%). Does this affect my eligibility for the game? I'm guessing not since nothing has happened in the game yet.
No, you won't be affected in games you're already in.

Claesar

#107 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Oh, unless you CD out of them. I don't think you'll be able to retake your own position as you'd no longer fit the bill.

Carl Tuckerson

#108 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 pm

I probably shouldn't be able to retake it on principle lol. But that would be a funny and fitting punishment if so.

Luckily it's a nonlive game so I probably won't be asleep long enough to miss an entire phase.