Openings for new moderators!!!!

Site announcements from the moderator team go here.
zultar
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Openings for new moderators!!!!

#1 Post by zultar » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:39 pm

The mod team is happy to announce that we have openings for new moderators. We would like to have 5-10 new mods as some of the veteran mods and admins have become very busy and we could use the help. We need help on technical and non-technical issues, so if you can dedicate some time to help support the site and other users, please email us at webdipmod@gmail.com. As we are able, we will also provide more details on specific jobs/duties later on.

Sincerely,

zultar

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Openings for new moderators!!!!

#2 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:30 am

Sorry, I’m busy.

JF1981

#3 Post by JF1981 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:59 pm

Any news on getting some people to join the mod squad?

kestasjk
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

#4 Post by kestasjk » Tue May 03, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm not familiar with the recruitment drive, but I have offered to chip in and see if I can help with the backlog. Also we're trialing a new helpdesk system that uses the e-mail help@webdiplomacy.net , with tickets then going to https://help.webdiplomacy.net .

This could help make certain requests easier, they have a similar but more bare-bones mod request pool on vDip which they say helps.
It could have templated responses, shortcuts to admin actions, user accounts, etc, as well as recognizing the mods that are contributing the most, and seeing what categories of requests are the most problematic.