Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

Site announcements from the moderator team go here.
Message
Author
et
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 am
Karma: 13

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#21 Post by et » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Claesar wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:15 pm
et wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 am
Hi. I filled form about a week ago.
Can I read message from appen at email, webdiplomacy or discord?
They send emails exclusively.
Thanks. I find mail from them.

MerryBBuck
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 pm
Karma: 68

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#22 Post by MerryBBuck » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 pm

I'd like to think that it will be entirely dedicated to playing Gunboat:
https://www.hpcwire.com/2022/01/24/meta ... s-fastest/

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#23 Post by captainmeme » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:50 pm

In case anyone is interested, I've been keeping track of the tournament scores:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This isn't an official sheet, and I can't 100% guarantee everything in here is correct, but I believe it is. Quite interesting to see how things have been developing over time - the bot is currently winning in score but not *quite* winning in raw average.
5

Doug7878
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Karma: 100

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#24 Post by Doug7878 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:14 am

Hi captainmeme,

Isnt the BOT's average score something over 16, either way its computed, and your score as #1 ranked human player is something over 6 ?

What am I missing? It looks like the BOT is playing at a significantly (or "much") higher level than any of the humans.

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#25 Post by Durga » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:00 am

I want to play but Meta is ghosting me
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2397

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#26 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:04 am

captainmeme wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:50 pm
In case anyone is interested, I've been keeping track of the tournament scores:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This isn't an official sheet, and I can't 100% guarantee everything in here is correct, but I believe it is. Quite interesting to see how things have been developing over time - the bot is currently winning in score but not *quite* winning in raw average.
Is there any way to get a scoring breakdown by country for the bot, for all players, and for a couple of the top scoring players? Because there were some powers the bot really impressed me with while playing, but in the 2 or 3 Italy games I watched I was somewhat confused and disappointed with.

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#27 Post by captainmeme » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:02 pm

Doug7878 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:14 am
Hi captainmeme,

Isnt the BOT's average score something over 16, either way its computed, and your score as #1 ranked human player is something over 6 ?

What am I missing? It looks like the BOT is playing at a significantly (or "much") higher level than any of the humans.
I'm not sure where you're getting these numbers from; the bot's raw average is currently 26.63, and its adjusted tournament score is 25.44. The #1 human in terms of raw average is Yonni, currently at 28.90, but they have only played one game so their tournament score is much lower. I'm *just* above the bot in raw average (26.65), and Euph1st is also very close at 26.23.

It should be noted that the bot changed playstyle dramatically around game 50 so it's possible that it should be counted as two separate players, one pre-g50 and one post. But I haven't done that yet.
1

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#28 Post by captainmeme » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:03 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:04 am
captainmeme wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:50 pm
In case anyone is interested, I've been keeping track of the tournament scores:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This isn't an official sheet, and I can't 100% guarantee everything in here is correct, but I believe it is. Quite interesting to see how things have been developing over time - the bot is currently winning in score but not *quite* winning in raw average.
Is there any way to get a scoring breakdown by country for the bot, for all players, and for a couple of the top scoring players? Because there were some powers the bot really impressed me with while playing, but in the 2 or 3 Italy games I watched I was somewhat confused and disappointed with.
I could potentially add this, although I haven't been tracking who played which country at all so it may take a while! I know I've gotten fairly lucky in only drawing Austria a couple of times so far.

Sploack
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm
Karma: 23

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#29 Post by Sploack » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:12 am

Hi lads, today I received my invoice for the month of January on appen, but it's missing the 10 dollars bonus per game completed, basically it's just the hourly rate. Anyone with the same issue?

SpaceDip
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 pm
Location: Portugal
Karma: 39

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#30 Post by SpaceDip » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:13 am

Same here.

Sploack
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm
Karma: 23

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#31 Post by Sploack » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 am

I asked them about it and they said, among other things: "Incentives (for game completion/completing 10 games within a week) are due to be uploaded and processed tomorrow. You can submit your invoice without these being present, as they are manually added on by the finance team & not subject to the same deadlines/requirements."
1

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#32 Post by captainmeme » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:04 pm

Spreadsheet has been updated to include stats by country!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The bot beats the average human score by quite a bit on every country except Austria, where it is significantly worse. Even taking just results from the top 5 humans in the tournament (myself, Eu1phst, 90kicvesb, mojorge and skyblueshu), the bot still beats the average on every country except Austria.

Interestingly its average on Italy is almost 3x higher than the average of the top 5 humans!
3

Sploack
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm
Karma: 23

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#33 Post by Sploack » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:25 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:04 pm
Spreadsheet has been updated to include stats by country!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The bot beats the average human score by quite a bit on every country except Austria, where it is significantly worse. Even taking just results from the top 5 humans in the tournament (myself, Eu1phst, 90kicvesb, mojorge and skyblueshu), the bot still beats the average on every country except Austria.

Interestingly its average on Italy is almost 3x higher than the average of the top 5 humans!
Amazing work cap! And it seems I'm doing better than the bot with Russia so far. Cool!

Just one small complaint: my name is misspelled. No big deal though :)

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#34 Post by captainmeme » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:28 pm

Fixed on the main sheet, I'll go through and update everywhere it hasn't propogated to at some point :D

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2397

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#35 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:51 pm

Is there some webDip game name to game # in your document mapping?

For example game 59 according to the game name is not game 59 in your list: https://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=392133

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#36 Post by captainmeme » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:06 am

I can add that in tomorrow (or just URLs) - they're in order of date played but for some reason the actual tournament page isn't.
1

Devonian
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#37 Post by Devonian » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:26 pm

How do I get into a game?

I completed the signup form with appen.

mojorge
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:22 am

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#38 Post by mojorge » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:56 am

I've been getting absolutely hammered lately and after some reflection, I think it is largely because the bot is getting way better. I also think I am playing worse for some reason, maybe fatigue from playing too much. Whatever the case, RIP my tournament game average :lol:

Yonni
Silver Donator
Silver Donator
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 pm
Karma: 278

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#39 Post by Yonni » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:40 pm

2

Sploack
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 pm
Karma: 23

Re: Paid Tournament Through Meta, Signups Open

#40 Post by Sploack » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:44 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:04 pm
Spreadsheet has been updated to include stats by country!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The bot beats the average human score by quite a bit on every country except Austria, where it is significantly worse. Even taking just results from the top 5 humans in the tournament (myself, Eu1phst, 90kicvesb, mojorge and skyblueshu), the bot still beats the average on every country except Austria.

Interestingly its average on Italy is almost 3x higher than the average of the top 5 humans!
Is there going to be a spreadsheet for round 2 of the tournament?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest