MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1701 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 am

Think that's a real waste of a stone, but hey. As 'clears' go he's a certain preference to our alternatives.

ND

#1702 Post by ND » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:03 am
Hey ND how about you say something meaningful instead of whining about freedom.
Um, this makes no sense to me.. whining about freedom? What?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1703 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 am

Aren't we still waiting for your "more thoughts to follow" after EoD ND?

ND

#1704 Post by ND » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 am
Aren't we still waiting for your "more thoughts to follow" after EoD ND?
Yep, I did an abridged EON reads list and I do plan on finishing what I started tonight.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1705 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:22 am

ND wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:03 am
Hey ND how about you say something meaningful instead of whining about freedom.
Um, this makes no sense to me.. whining about freedom? What?
You see, in modern society, people aren't allowed to own other people.

I refer you to HR's question. Usually you attempt to solve even though you're terrible at it. I'm not even seeing a desire here.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1706 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:28 am

Just caught up. ##vote Bo

Picking up my vote on the same target. Since EoD Bo hasn't done much other than argue that he is town and then "quit".

DoubtingThomas

#1707 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 am

man i am so busy. maybe i should sub out.

on a brighter note, i should be able to catch up on this weekend...

DoubtingThomas

#1708 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:34 am

Vecna HAS DIED, no remains have been found!!

Xorxes has been teleported to the far reaches of the Galaxy! He will return at the start of night 2!

Interesting.

ugh. i will be back tomorrow guys.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1709 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 am

If anyone votes bo because I'm doing it, I'd like the Vig to shoot them. Thanks

Bring clear is no fun :(

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1710 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:06 am

I am pretty sure Dargo is scum. I can't see how a towny that is trying to solve the game would include in his Scan list an un-cced Gamora and a player out of reach.
This is the list of a scum that wants to seems engaged on the game.

##vote Dargo

And Bozo is probably also scum.

ChippeRock

#1711 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:21 am
GM NOTE:

The Mind Stone has been used to search the mind and reveal the identity of GHUG to all.

He is Drax the Destroyer, a vanilla townie!
Aha, the Vig is 0/2. Ghug, lol, is just a vanilla townie. LOL. Well at least I read him as moderate town... In all fairness guys, the first Vig's kill was aimed at one of the 2 vote front runners at the time. So he has an excuse for that.

Hopefully he's wiser with his kill this time around but hopefully he sticks with a lynch front runner.

ChippeRock

#1712 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:37 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:21 am
GM NOTE:

The Mind Stone has been used to search the mind and reveal the identity of GHUG to all.

He is Drax the Destroyer, a vanilla townie!
Aha, the Vig is 0/2. Ghug, lol, is just a vanilla townie. LOL. Well at least I read him as moderate town... In all fairness guys, the first Vig's kill was aimed at one of the 2 vote front runners at the time. So he has an excuse for that.

Hopefully he's wiser with his kill this time around but hopefully he sticks with a lynch front runner.
I'm legit starting to think the Vig got the Mind Stone stolen from him because why would he choose ghug? Or perhaps he's BismarkAalive?

ChippeRock

#1713 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 am

@brain, you gonna vote for someone else?

ChippeRock

#1714 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 am

Looks like Janitor can't clean up kills anymore? Interesting for him to clean up on the first night...

Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on xorxes? So you think Mafia teleported one of their one to make him appear town or is he actually town?

ND

#1715 Post by ND » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 am

At EON I wanted to publish a list of the game. I didn’t have time to write an in-depth summary for every player. But, I do want to expand upon that list specially focusing on my scum and scum-lite reads. Furthermore, I wanted to muse for a bit on what I believe is the situation we are in after EON1.

1) The game has been really challenging for me because of some of the special mechanics and I believe it to be a very high stakes game. There is potential for either SK or Scum to run away with the game due to the mechanics. The stones add a layer of complexity which we are already beginning to see. To couple that we have had some no-information events which makes analysis hard. See my thoughts on the D1 no lynch (example) and then again N1 the sanitize ability removed Vecna’s identity so again no information. I would argue that despite some clears we are playing in a very high stakes game with a lot of no-information which hurts us at large. It makes analysis very hard (right now) but hopefully if we can get data we can begin to piece this together. I believe we are playing in this high stakes, no-information, setting and some are making this overly chaotic. Let me expand on this hypothesis.

2) Look at my scum reads from EON1: Jamie, Fox, Bozo, Xorxes, Yavuzovic with the potential of DoubtingThomas or Bismark. Problem #1: This is a lot and I know that I have some scummy town in this because there are 5 scum roles and I have identified 7 players. Problem #2: There can’t be 7 scum members so I already have a paradox where I am reading scum-indicative motivations from 7 people and even if I am right on 5 then that still leaves two I have misidentified. Problem #3: Why teleport Xorxes? Is this a misdirection or did they just want to remove him? I don’t know, but the stone mechanics make analysis hard here and it goes back to no-information events and high stakes. Probem #4: In one of my night posts I gave two scenarios I thought were likely regarding the SK D1 (misdirection -less likely- or on the Dargorygel wagon hence the x2 -more likely-) Based on my reads that would leave Foxcastle as the SK since Ghug is now townclear and I don’t read scum-indicative statements from Rd or Flash. But, does Fox fit as the SK or does he fit as a mafia man? That is a big question.

3) Chaotic environments. The game has produced several tangible chaotic interactions that are toxic and based solely on meta-rivalries and just hatred. It impacts the game. Just look at Ghug and how he interacts with me. Is that positive pro-town play? I had him as a null before his reveal because I couldn’t reconcile those toxic interactions he had with me with a pro-town play style. I do think though that the scum team is playing to cause chaos as they always have, but more so this time. Some evidence points to that: tie, no-information N1 kill on Vecna and Xorxes being teleported out (misdirection or real). The stone mechanic themselves adds to this which makes it even more high stakes. But, back to chaos. My top scumread Jamie has played a chaotic game. His D1 interactions were setting himself up to be a victim (foiled by me) why would he even do that? What is his motivation? His EOD1 push against me never translated to a vote EOD and instead he passively tried to get someone else to start a wagon. This didn’t pan out, but he tried to do it. This is a clear scum tell, but no one else is seeing these things because it is too personal and toxically directed against me. Foxcastle berating Worcej D1 and causing his public claim again led to a chaotic environment. It was not protown and his defense was an after thought. Still Worcej got some toxic remarks thrown at him which doesn’t further a pro-town discourse. Yavuzovic saying N1 that he wanted someone to counterclaim Brainbomb’s claim during the night phase is producing a chaotic environment. It’s not benefiting the town. It’s not pro-town play. It is a scum tell. Yet, already D2 are votes are all over the place. Bismark lurking hard. DoubtingThomas getting defensive and slamming anyone who questions him is not pro-town play however you spin it. He may be a scummy town member, sure, or using his meta against the town. Xorxes is more of a big question mark for me now. Bozo is still suspicious because of how he played EOD1 for me. Even Bo, which I haven’t scumread, just saying he wasn’t going to post anymore is not helpful.

That's my thoughts right now as we go into D2.

ChippeRock

#1716 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:06 am
I am pretty sure Dargo is scum. I can't see how a towny that is trying to solve the game would include in his Scan list an un-cced Gamora and a player out of reach.
This is the list of a scum that wants to seems engaged on the game.

##vote Dargo

And Bozo is probably also scum.
That literally makes no sense as a reason to lynch someone.

ChippeRock

#1717 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am

And you know what, I think worcej could be scum and maybe Vecna was the real doctor? If they role blocked worcej they should have killed him instead of an unknown like Vecna.

It makes no sense, kill the doctor N1 easy decision, I'd the role blocked him why didn't they kill him?

And why did the Janitor use his only clean up on Vecna? It makes no sense because they had no clue who Vecna was but they knew who worcej was assuming he is town.

It only makes sense if worcej is Mafia.

brainbomb

#1718 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am

I want ghug lynched. Im holstering thru the night. I want scum to guess if im actually gunned.

brainbomb

#1719 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:10 am

I wanna see flips the natural way. Bullets can wait.

For every hour that passes where no mind stone reveal happens or vig shot, the reality and liklihood ghug knows vecna was vig becomes more and more pertinent. And I want him to confess as I shoot him on his knees

worcej

#1720 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:12 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am
And you know what, I think worcej could be scum and maybe Vecna was the real doctor? If they role blocked worcej they should have killed him instead of an unknown like Vecna.

It makes no sense, kill the doctor N1 easy decision, I'd the role blocked him why didn't they kill him?

And why did the Janitor use his only clean up on Vecna? It makes no sense because they had no clue who Vecna was but they knew who worcej was assuming he is town.

It only makes sense if worcej is Mafia.
WIFOM logic here. The biggest reason they didn’t kill me is because he doctor’s strength is more in the later game phases and they can get me anytime they want. All they have to do is RB me every time and eventually get me.

If you want to go ahead and lynch me, go for it honestly - that would let you have confirmation of my role but would also put other PR’s more at risk since I need to be NK’ed by Mafia as the only way to get me.