MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#981 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Still, @Bismarck:

If someone was town, what would the pro-town reasoning be for claiming, before the fact, that even if you werent' Roleblocked, you would lie about having been Roleblocked? What is the pro-town reason for doing that?

I can't find one.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#982 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Putting in a vote just in case I get too involved in work (my timezone in US EDT so end of day is 5pm for me) to come back and I don't want to be modkilled for not voting. I also don't want this vote to potentially taint any existing wagon (i.e. the wagon is invalid because "newbie" is on it):

##VOTE Vecna

BismarckAlive

#983 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm

I have been giving some thought to the N1 killings.
In particular, I honed in on @DrCJG, and also revisited @Vecna.
I looked at @DrCJG's postings through D1, and I found the following:
p3 - Evil twin comment - incriminated @Yavuzovic, with the throwaway line "I only hunt scum now".
p7 - he observed that BB had scumread @DoubtingThomas and @Worcej, and that he himself scumread @Worcej, and @Yavuzovic.
p17 - he reiterates scumreading @Worcej and @Yavuzovic, but votes @Vecna.
p20 through p29 - stayed scumreading @Worcej and @Yavuzovic, adding @PeterLund to his list, though changed his vote in p27 to @thedipplayer.
I then looked at @Vecna. @Vecna interestingly had @Bozotheclown and @PeterLund scumread too, by analysing in particular the Peter v theDip wagons' voters' movements. And through those movements honed in on @PeterLund, @Worcej and @Yavukovic.
I had felt some unease with @PeterLund, and when @teacher2 challenged him, I thought the answers were weak, though @teacher2 exonerated him and instead moved to the lame-duck wagon of @thedipplayer.
@Worcej himself acknowledged he had moved from the @PeterLund wagon to the @thedipplayer wagon "to break the tie", and @PeterLund followed him.
All in all, I think @DrCJG was the mafia kill. Someone or all of them saw an experienced player that had identified one/all of them as the scum he hunted now, obviously not knowing DrCJG was the non-killing Traitor.
So, overall, right now I have the following as SCUM-leaning based on that analysis:
@Worcej
@Yavuzovic
@PeterLund
@Bozotheclown
Hence, I stick with my ##Vote peterlund

BismarckAlive

#984 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 pm

And since I am now walking in DrCJG's fatal footsteps, I humbly ask the Doctor to consider visiting me during N2 and healing me from my expected wounds.

Vecna

#985 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Seems the bot hasnt picked up on the 2nd night kill yet.

damo666

#986 Post by damo666 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Further to my post 923 I omitted Squiggs so...

5 Squiggs Townlean

damo666

#987 Post by damo666 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:06 pm

I will very likely not be able to access the game after about 5 hours before EOD so will be unable to change vote late or follow late developing wagons so in order to challenge the Brain wagon I am going to switch votes to Peter ##VOTE Peterlund.

Worcej off the hook again (for now).

FWIW I think either Peter,Worcej or Teacher should go. Or just possibly Bozo or Yav.

My probable last post of day in about 3 hours.

(Playing poker tonight).

Jamiet99uk

#988 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:19 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm
p3 - Evil twin comment - incriminated @Yavuzovic, with the throwaway line "I only hunt scum now".
p7 - he observed that BB had scumread @DoubtingThomas and @Worcej, and that he himself scumread @Worcej, and @Yavuzovic.
p20 through p29 - stayed scumreading @Worcej and @Yavuzovic, adding @PeterLund to his list, though changed his vote in p27 to @thedipplayer.
I then looked at @Vecna. @Vecna interestingly had @Bozotheclown and @PeterLund scumread too, by analysing in particular the Peter v theDip wagons' voters' movements. And through those movements honed in on @PeterLund, @Worcej and @Yavukovic.
I had felt some unease with @PeterLund, and when @teacher2 challenged him, I thought the answers were weak, though @teacher2 exonerated him and instead moved to the lame-duck wagon of @thedipplayer.
@Worcej himself acknowledged he had moved from the @PeterLund wagon to the @thedipplayer wagon "to break the tie", and @PeterLund followed him.
All in all, I think @DrCJG was the mafia kill. Someone or all of them saw an experienced player that had identified one/all of them as the scum he hunted now, obviously not knowing DrCJG was the non-killing Traitor.
So, overall, right now I have the following as SCUM-leaning based on that analysis:
@Worcej
@Yavuzovic
@PeterLund
@Bozotheclown
Argh why are you putting @ before every name? That's really horrible to read.

Jamiet99uk

#989 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm
Putting in a vote just in case I get too involved in work (my timezone in US EDT so end of day is 5pm for me) to come back and I don't want to be modkilled for not voting. I also don't want this vote to potentially taint any existing wagon (i.e. the wagon is invalid because "newbie" is on it):

##VOTE Vecna
What is your reason for choosing Vecna?

Jamiet99uk

#990 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm
Seems the bot hasnt picked up on the 2nd night kill yet.
It has both deaths registered, the RagingIke death had to be repeated so it shows as though he died during D2.

BismarckAlive

#991 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Jamiet99uk,
Sorry! Will cut the @ out from now on!
:)

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#992 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm
flash2015 wrote:

##VOTE Vecna
I thought his nightposts were a bit sketchy...and most of his posts so far haven't had much substance to them. He has largely been able to fly under the radar. Why is that?

But, again, I am not expecting this to become a real wagon...just putting a vote out there so I don't get killed for not voting.

BismarckAlive

#993 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Still @Bismarck:
If someone was town, what would the pro-town reasoning be for claiming, before the fact, that even if you werent' Roleblocked, you would lie about having been Roleblocked? What is the pro-town reason for doing that?
I can't find one.

Jamiet99uk,
In my humble opinion, all along BB has walked the fine line between TOWN and MAFIA. I can only think that, given his experience and pedigree, he sees it prudent with the current game / format / mix of players / role he has. Would the number of "newbies" in this game be considered "normal"?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#994 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm
Still @Bismarck:
I can't find one.

Jamiet99uk,
In my humble opinion, all along BB has walked the fine line between TOWN and MAFIA. I can only think that, given his experience and pedigree, he sees it prudent with the current game / format / mix of players / role he has. Would the number of "newbies" in this game be considered "normal"?
I don't know. He could be using a Henry IV strategy. Be starts the game so outrageous on the first day that once he starts taking the game seriously everyone automatically pegs him as town.

**MUST STOP POSTING AND DO SOME WORK**

bozotheclown

#995 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm
@Worcej
@Yavuzovic
@PeterLund
@Bozotheclown
I do not understand your analysis that leads you to think Vecna's reads are correct, but Vecna was not scum reading me until D2 when I questioned him about peter, so that could not have been a factor in the N1 kills. Also, I do not follow why you think DrCJG might have "identified one/all of them as the scum he hunted". Do you think he gave his real scum reads? Do you think he thought his scum reads were town, but he accidently scum read some of the mafia?

Jamiet99uk

#996 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
flash2015 wrote:

##VOTE Vecna
I thought his nightposts were a bit sketchy...and most of his posts so far haven't had much substance to them. He has largely been able to fly under the radar. Why is that?

But, again, I am not expecting this to become a real wagon...just putting a vote out there so I don't get killed for not voting.
This is incredibly sketchy. So, just to be clear:

1. You don't want to vote for a viable wagon, and:
2. You're voting Vecna because you don't think he will become a real wagon.

Conclusion: You're more concerned about protecting yourself than actually lynching scum.

teacher2

#997 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Last night’s posts about DrCJG got me thinking. I’ve already discussed my thoughts on why he visited me. (Turns out I think he even announced his intention to visit in Post 508 on 26.) But what were his real reads?

His readslist is here.. But we know he was scum, so these are not all true. Some have to be genuine, otherwise the fakeness would indict DrCJG himself. But some are false flags.

His actions show which are which. Dr really towned Vecna and Worcej – he voted them and tried to push them. And Dr really scummed Brain and Peter – he avoided both wagons like the plague. Brain and Peter pre-vote and right after.

So Im decently happy with both wagons right now (I’ll talk more on Brain in a sec), especially with Peter dodging the question.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#998 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

This is incredibly sketchy. So, just to be clear:

1. You don't want to vote for a viable wagon, and:
2. You're voting Vecna because you don't think he will become a real wagon.

Conclusion: You're more concerned about protecting yourself than actually lynching scum.
I actually agree with Jamie on this one. I criticized Thomas for wanting to look good, but this is much more blatant. @Flash, is Vecna your top scum read? If not, who is and why aren't you voting for them?

Foxcastle

#999 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Yeah, I thought Flash had a pretty townie Day 1, but I am not liking this progression. It's still possible (likely, even) that he's town and just trying to figure out how to play and defend himself against pushback. Or maybe he was coached in the mafia QT to back off a little bit.

BismarckAlive

#1000 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Bozotheclown,
I only mentioned and looked at Vecna because DrCJG had voted for him/her. Also, PeterLund ended up being the connection between all of it.
You maybe I have been hard on. But yes - I theorise that DrCJG was giving his then "real" reads, probably to be seen as TOWN LEAN. I understand that any such "read" on D1 was ultimately guessing, but I still think DrCJG wittingly or unwittingly identified his eventual killer(s) in his posts.