MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#961 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 am

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 am
The minimum post obligation is two times... DrCJG mentioned Teacher 25!
And I mentioned Brain 42. Whats your point?
I'm trying to think about what the traitor wants and how DrCJG would go about it. I'm not sure that the traitor finding scummates is that useful to the traitor—he can't communicate with them or coordinate with them, and it's pretty hard/risky to signal to them anyway... But if he's looking for town targets he can be sure he can go after without risking other mafia, picking someone he townread pretty clearly also seems odd (since it's hard to back off that read rather than build a new attack where he doesn't have a strong stated view).

I'm am somewhat inclined to think that he visited you because you're friends (although that's kinda foolish on his part, since you two have so much conversation that knowing something like that could lead to a scumslip that would have gotten him killed). So basically, I think DrCJG might have visited you because he wanted the cool story at the end of the game about the time that you and he were the coolest scumteam you didn't even know it, or the time that he was your adversary and you never knew who visited you...

brainbomb

#962 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:23 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 am
teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 am
The minimum post obligation is two times... DrCJG mentioned Teacher 25!
And I mentioned Brain 42. Whats your point?
I'm trying to think about what the traitor wants and how DrCJG would go about it. I'm not sure that the traitor finding scummates is that useful to the traitor—he can't communicate with them or coordinate with them, and it's pretty hard/risky to signal to them anyway... But if he's looking for town targets he can be sure he can go after without risking other mafia, picking someone he townread pretty clearly also seems odd (since it's hard to back off that read rather than build a new attack where he doesn't have a strong stated view).

I'm am somewhat inclined to think that he visited you because you're friends (although that's kinda foolish on his part, since you two have so much conversation that knowing something like that could lead to a scumslip that would have gotten him killed). So basically, I think DrCJG might have visited you because he wanted the cool story at the end of the game about the time that you and he were the coolest scumteam you didn't even know it, or the time that he was your adversary and you never knew who visited you...
A very small part of me feels yer trying to save teacher from pressure rn

DoubtingThomas

#963 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 am
Town
Vecna
Peterlund
Worcej
Foxcastle
Squiggs (I read his old games and found it interesting)

Null
Bismark
Flash

Scum
Thomas
Jamie
Yavuz
Rdrivera? (Hes very forgettable so far)
Teacher

Let me know why you are scumreading me

brainbomb

#964 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:38 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 am
Town
Vecna
Peterlund
Worcej
Foxcastle
Squiggs (I read his old games and found it interesting)

Null
Bismark
Flash

Scum
Thomas
Jamie
Yavuz
Rdrivera? (Hes very forgettable so far)
Teacher

Let me know why you are scumreading me
Tbh I dont even know why im scumreading you.
This is totally a w/w post

DoubtingThomas

#965 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:00 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm

4. Damo666: Null / Scumlean
Day 1 he was not active at all, and voted without much explanation. Jumped on the BB wagon with his vote, then tried to jump on the worcej wagon, then finally settled on the peter wagon. All of his votes were to jump on wagons. Then accuses those that jumped on thedip wagon, specifically peter and worcej. Later in the game when we know more identities this could be very telling. @Damo - I would like to hear your thoughts on more players. Also, if you could provide some more original thoughts rather than jumping on wagons without explanation that would be great.

6. DoubtingThomas: Null / Scumlean
The newbiest of all the newbs. Either he is scum trying not to screw up and get killed, or he is a scared first time player. Hasn’t scum hunted at all. Just following along with everyone else. @DoubtingThomas - Why don’t you stop following along and worrying about what people think and post some of your original thoughts about who is scum and why

>I would have to disagree strongly that I am just following along whatever people are saying. I know I did it once with Jamie’s tl;dr, but that was just facts
>I have tried multiple times to stir some reaction from people, but have simply been ignored
>Gotta say, not an excuse for poor play, but have been on vacation/out of town/only on mobile for the past few days, so too much activity was not really possible for me
>No too much on my scum read, as I really want to/will go back to re-read some of the posts said once I am back in my office tomorrow. Expect a better analysis and response tomorrow
>I feel like Brain is a town, but it’s so hard for me to really decipher everything after the whole bb-jamie bullshit, but Jamie seems like a scum read in my book, as he has been over-friendly and kind to explain all of my shitposts and shitty question even tho i didnt participate nor post much
> teacher2’s aggressive attack on bb doesnt make real sense to me, as i feel that the general consensus is bb is town or sk and there seems to be no rrason to actively pursue he is a scum. Did i miss something? Can you expain teacher2 on why you are so persistent on bb? If not, i think you are a scum
> bb points out bismarck hasnt done anything, and while bismarck’s only post for d2 is quite weak, i, shamefully, have posted worse, meaningless posts compared to bismarck. Bb also consistently puts me at his scum read, but says “idk why i put you at scum read”. Gotta say, unlike others who gives me beenfit of doubt for being a newb, bb’s prodding of me make me want to believe he is a townie (or sk) who doesnt have enough info to not put me at scum (of course he can be accusing me just to make it look like he is townie and/or troll, but i think because of my sheer lack of participation a d unimpressive performance, it makes sense for him to put me at scum because i didnt say anything)

BismarckAlive

#966 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:20 am

@Brainbomb
I am not sure you understand what surgery / full anaesthetics / ongoing meds does to your body / mind. I have been resting as much as possible. Also, I am in Sydney, Australia (so eg right now is 12:55pm on Tuesday). That means I am not necessarily in position to contribute as much as I want (and I do have some ideas/reads I will share soon).
I am also not sure why you saw my previous post the way you did. I was only trying to show I am searching and trying to deduce who is what by their actions too.

brainbomb

#967 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:20 am
@Brainbomb
I am not sure you understand what surgery / full anaesthetics / ongoing meds does to your body / mind. I have been resting as much as possible. Also, I am in Sydney, Australia (so eg right now is 12:55pm on Tuesday). That means I am not necessarily in position to contribute as much as I want (and I do have some ideas/reads I will share soon).
I am also not sure why you saw my previous post the way you did. I was only trying to show I am searching and trying to deduce who is what by their actions too.
Sorry to hear you are going through that.

Ive noticed you only show up when under pressure. Regardless of why I find that to be a easy way for scum to stay uninvolved and contribute less.

Oh grandma fell down the stairs
Oh im on pain meds
Oh got my kidney stolen
Oh I gotta work overtime
Oh Its passover

Whatever the excuse its still a possible method of covering for your lack of activity. Not saying its necessarily that but it could be. And I think its reasonable to suspect you.

yavuzovic

#968 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 am

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 am
@Yav - You didnt reply to my response to your case overnight. You didnt respond to my question in the reactions post (why your night death would be my fault?). You didnt respond to the SK case, though that was crackpot. You basically havent given anything more to sort you today.
[/qoute]
I'm sorry I'm on a trip
I will find what you ask and answer it soon, (as soon as I find where they are)

yavuzovic

#969 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 am

↑yavuzovic: "Somebody might have attacked me and somebody has protected me."
Scum/SK/Vet-JOAT would know if you were attacked (but it is probably too early for a Vet-JOAT attack so two kills make sense), and Doc-JOAT would know if you were protected, which makes you a semi-town clear but also an incomprehensible save target since you were pretty mixed-read.
Sorry for the distorted quote. It's not the original post (I copied this from peterbot)
(Last time I lost a long post and I want to send this one before I click somewhere wrong.)

yavuzovic

#970 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:01 am

Why didn't I reply then! 😬
@teacher2
I see and that's really logical. Do I have to answer it? That's true because both doctor and a killing role both on me is very unlikely.

Vecna

#971 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 am
I was actually roleblocked but its not like anyone would ever buy it. So its rather dumb to ask me. Does a single person believe me? No.

Scum knows its real. The gms know its real. I cant copy paste the real one lol
Huh, I was actually under the assumption it was fake.....because randomly roleblocking N1 seems kinda dangerous.

Not roleblocking and having one of your scum claim roleblocked definately seems like optimal strategy in a setup with 2 potential trackers.

yavuzovic

#972 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am

I think BB was roleblocked because mafia thought he was sk. And also I believe he is town.
##unend
##unvote

Vecna

#973 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 am

What caused you to change your mind?

yavuzovic

#974 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:57 am

Thinking again.
Brain claimed he is werewolf,
Brain claimed he is serial killer,
The only thing he hasn't claimed is being town. And also I think he is trying to attract scums attention for some reason. Can he be veteran?
I also believe his roleblock claim. Mafia knew that sk wants to kill a mafia, they might think he is sk and roleblock him for that reason.
##Call Gm,
Can SK kill someone when they are roleblocked?

Jamiet99uk

#975 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 am
I was actually roleblocked but its not like anyone would ever buy it. So its rather dumb to ask me. Does a single person believe me? No.
Why did you deliberately set up a situation where nobody would believe a roleblock claim if you made one? Why did you do that?

Jamiet99uk

#976 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:36 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Also I fully plan to claim roleblock regardless of if I really get roleblocked. So be prepared to try to figure out if its true
Okay so actually this is worth thinking about.

Why would someone commit themselves to claiming a roleblock regardless of the truth of the situation?

Let's think about this from the perspective of all three possible alignments:

1. Brainbomb is SK (as he has claimed):

In this case, saying "I'm going to claim roleblock regardless" gives scum an incentive not to roleblock Brainbomb, and to RB someone else, so that if that person claims RB as well, there is argument, noise, and confusion for town. This is in scum's interests as it makes it harder for town to scumhunt, could draw suspicion onto an innocent party if anyone is inclined to believe Brainbomb's claim and not theirs. And this is in the SK's interests, because it stops their kill being Roleblocked.

2. Brainbomb is Mafia:

In this case, scum could actually put the RB on Brainbomb in the hope that the Roleblocker is followed by the Tracker, thus providing Brainbomb with a potential chance to get towncleared.

3. Brainbomb is Town:

????? Why? Why would you make this gambit as town? Help me.

Jamiet99uk

#977 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:38 am

^ I purport that since no-one has counter-claimed the RB, the likelihood of those three scenarios is #2, #1, and #3, in that order.

BismarckAlive

#978 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:48 am

@Jamiet99uk
I think your analysis is a little flawed.
Let me elaborate.
Let's assume BB claim that he was RB'ed is TRUE. Since both kills happened (and we all agree it is a little early for the JOAT/VET kills) then BB can't be either SK or the Ninja, since those two people did the respective killings, and they obviously were not RB'ed. So BB would be TOWN, since the only blockable roles left are TOWN.
Therefore, you must assume that if BB is indeed SK (and it is possible) that his RB claim is a lie.

Jamiet99uk

#979 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:49 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:48 am
@Jamiet99uk
I think your analysis is a little flawed.
Let me elaborate.
Let's assume BB claim that he was RB'ed is TRUE. Since both kills happened (and we all agree it is a little early for the JOAT/VET kills) then BB can't be either SK or the Ninja, since those two people did the respective killings, and they obviously were not RB'ed. So BB would be TOWN, since the only blockable roles left are TOWN.
Therefore, you must assume that if BB is indeed SK (and it is possible) that his RB claim is a lie.
Of course I think he is lying, yes.

Jamiet99uk

#980 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Either:

1. Nobody was Roleblocked, or
2. Brainbomb is scum and was Roleblocked by his own team as in #2 above, or
3. The Mafia Roleblocked their NK target (probably Ike).