MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#901 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Teacher2 said:
(but it is probably too early for a Vet-JOAT attack so two kills make sense), and Doc-JOAT would know if you were protected, which makes you a semi-town clear but also an incomprehensible save target since you were pretty mixed-read.
The Veteran does not "attack", their kill only happens if someone visits them. So for anyone to be killed by the Veteran, they have to have the power to visit. That is to say, the Veteran cannot kill anyone who cannot visit.

Jamiet99uk

#902 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm
I am a little behind, so I am going to go back to the beginning of D2. Since DrCJG was the traitor, we do not know which kill was the NK and the SK. There are other possibilities as well, there could have been a kill by the JOAT or veteran, with the NK or SK getting saved or the NK and SK target being the same. However, most likely the two kills were the NK and SK, and only the mafia and SK know who was the NK and who was the SK.

Here is the first post by brainbomb D2:
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm
LOL whyd I kill Drcj?
Here is a response by Jamie:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 pm
brainbomb wrote:
LOL whyd I kill Drcj?
You didnt. You killed RagingIke.
My question to brainbomb and Jamie is, why did you assume DrCJG was the SK?
I am not necessarily assuming that. Brainbomb, the claimed SK, claimed he killed DrCJG. My response implied that I think Brainbomb is more likely town than SK, though both are plausible and we should lynch him to find out.

Jamiet99uk

#903 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Brainbomb, meanwhile, must be assumed to know who the SK targeted, by virtue o of claiming to be the SK himself, if you believe that.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#904 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm
8. Flash2015 : Slight town
Has shown the most effort from the newbs. Everything he says makes sense and is justified. However, his only real reads I have seen have been: lynch BB cause he is lying. He flipped his vote to thedip because “the final choice wasn't horrible as thedipplayer wasn't making much of an effort anyway”, and also, “I didn't feel like I could influence the lynch much at the end because I didn't have any strong reads on anyone apart from BB”. So his flip to thedip seems just a little off to me. Why switch if it doesn’t make a difference? Seems like he might be hedging here. Town read for me for his effort and involvement, but would like to see him put himself out there a little more with reads on everyone. I’m still keeping my eye on you.
Why is it a little off? Why keep your vote on a wagon that isn't going to happen? I agree it was unlikely at that point that anyone but thediplayer would get lynched but why not remove any shadow of a doubt once and for all?

If you have noticed I have not chosen to put in a vote at all as yet as I have learnt from the first day that putting in an early vote appeared to reduce my potential influence on the final vote. I realize I made a mistake by "feeding the troll" - I thought we could actually get to a constructive conversation with him/her/it (Brainbomb)...but that just isn't possible - he is just an <expletive>. And the "appeals to authority" arguments from some players got tiring making the whole thread kind of unfriendly to actually trying to contribute.

I think for this period I will mostly listen rather than contribute (again, why bother contributing if your comments are dismissed out of hand? do we actually want new players to join or not?)...then explain myself once the vote comes. There are several theories out there and the goal for D2 is to prove/disprove at least one of them. Of course if BB continues with his toxic ways (I have already made a complaint about it) and there is a chance to lynch him, I will be joining that wagon.

teacher2

#905 Post by teacher2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:16 pm
Teacher2 said:
(but it is probably too early for a Vet-JOAT attack so two kills make sense), and Doc-JOAT would know if you were protected, which makes you a semi-town clear but also an incomprehensible save target since you were pretty mixed-read.
The Veteran does not "attack", their kill only happens if someone visits them. So for anyone to be killed by the Veteran, they have to have the power to visit. That is to say, the Veteran cannot kill anyone who cannot visit.
True. I wasn't precise in the interests of brevity. N1 is probably too early for the veteran to "alert" not "attack". But the bottom line remains that it's unlikely that town killed (or tried) N1.

teacher2

#906 Post by teacher2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:31 pm

@Peter - Vecna's point is sound, and I've been too focused on your EoD. Can you talk about a few people other than Brain, Vecna, or me?

teacher2

#907 Post by teacher2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 pm

@Jamie - Brain explained the SK gambit in a way that makes sense. He was trying to call the shot onto his scummiest read. Not crazy about it, but also never played with an SK so hadn't thought of this.

I still dont get the RB gambit, and have a few other questions pending to him.

Jamiet99uk

#908 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 pm
@Jamie - Brain explained the SK gambit in a way that makes sense. He was trying to call the shot onto his scummiest read. Not crazy about it, but also never played with an SK so hadn't thought of this.
He did do that, and yet he has also persisted to claim that he is SK and laugh about the fact that he will be safe because most people don't believe him.

brainbomb

#909 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm
I am a little behind, so I am going to go back to the beginning of D2. Since DrCJG was the traitor, we do not know which kill was the NK and the SK. There are other possibilities as well, there could have been a kill by the JOAT or veteran, with the NK or SK getting saved or the NK and SK target being the same. However, most likely the two kills were the NK and SK, and only the mafia and SK know who was the NK and who was the SK.

Here is the first post by brainbomb D2:
brainbomb wrote:
LOL whyd I kill Drcj?
Here is a response by Jamie:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 pm
brainbomb wrote:
LOL whyd I kill Drcj?
You didnt. You killed RagingIke.
My question to brainbomb and Jamie is, why did you assume DrCJG was the SK?
Ill pm you my anser after I flip

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#910 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Has shown the most effort from the newbs. Everything he says makes sense and is justified. However, his only real reads I have seen have been: lynch BB cause he is lying. He flipped his vote to thedip because “the final choice wasn't horrible as thedipplayer wasn't making much of an effort anyway”, and also, “I didn't feel like I could influence the lynch much at the end because I didn't have any strong reads on anyone apart from BB”. So his flip to thedip seems just a little off to me. Why switch if it doesn’t make a difference? Seems like he might be hedging here. Town read for me for his effort and involvement, but would like to see him put himself out there a little more with reads on everyone. I’m still keeping my eye on you.
Why is it a little off? Why keep your vote on a wagon that isn't going to happen? I agree it was unlikely at that point that anyone but thediplayer would get lynched but why not remove any shadow of a doubt once and for all?

If you have noticed I have not chosen to put in a vote at all as yet as I have learnt from the first day that putting in an early vote appeared to reduce my potential influence on the final vote. I realize I made a mistake by "feeding the troll" - I thought we could actually get to a constructive conversation with him/her/it (Brainbomb)...but that just isn't possible - he is just an <expletive>. And the "appeals to authority" arguments from some players got tiring making the whole thread kind of unfriendly to actually trying to contribute.

I think for this period I will mostly listen rather than contribute (again, why bother contributing if your comments are dismissed out of hand? do we actually want new players to join or not?)...then explain myself once the vote comes. There are several theories out there and the goal for D2 is to prove/disprove at least one of them. Of course if BB continues with his toxic ways (I have already made a complaint about it) and there is a chance to lynch him, I will be joining that wagon.
Why vote on a wagon that isn't going to happen? If you think that way you are resigning yourself to voting on the lead wagon everytime. My policy is to almost always vote for my top scum read with one exception. If there are two wagons that are both very close to winning I may switch my vote onto the better of the two wagons. It was obvious that thedip wagon was going to win, so you didn't need to move your vote at all. Why take the effort to move it? I guess your attitude looks like too much of a follow the crowd and crowdpleasing attitude for me right now.

Also, please contribute, don't just sit back and listen. If you are worried about your arguments getting dismissed you need thicker skin. If you don't clash with a few players in this game you aren't playing right.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#911 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:08 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:13 am
Long Reactions post.
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:53 pm
If BB is mafia, then him being such a big target from D1 would motivate him to SK claim. If he is SK, then the only incentive to keep him around is if he makes kills based on what the town wants.
It seems in this post you had narrowed Brain to anti-town (mafia or SK) roles from the SK gambit. But your earlier readslist was only a slight scum. Explain the evolution?
BB harclaimed SK in between. That's the evolution. I didn't think any townie would harclaim SK. After seeing how truly chaotic BB is, I'm not as sure anymore, but at the time, I had ruled out BB being town.

brainbomb

#912 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm

##Vote Brainbomb
##end

Lets do this

brainbomb

#913 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm

This is a hit for sure

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#914 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

Why vote on a wagon that isn't going to happen? If you think that way you are resigning yourself to voting on the lead wagon everytime. My policy is to almost always vote for my top scum read with one exception. If there are two wagons that are both very close to winning I may switch my vote onto the better of the two wagons. It was obvious that thedip wagon was going to win, so you didn't need to move your vote at all. Why take the effort to move it? I guess your attitude looks like too much of a follow the crowd and crowdpleasing attitude for me right now.

Also, please contribute, don't just sit back and listen. If you are worried about your arguments getting dismissed you need thicker skin. If you don't clash with a few players in this game you aren't playing right.
I don't think you understand. I am not following any crowd. I am not resigning myself to vote on the lead wagon each time. Again, as I said in my previous message, I will be using my vote where it can have the most influence. If I thought thedipplayer was strongly town I would not have joined that wagon. If I thought peter was more likely scum, I would have jumped to that instead.

I can understand your point, but at least from my perspective the game so far has not been fun, especially when dealing with the BB troll. And I think I was trying to be too active on the first day without actually achieving much. If I want to continue with this, when I contribute when I think I can make it count. It does seem like arguments made earlier in the day have less impact than those made in the last hour or two (scum have more time to dream up counter-strategies). Does that make sense?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#915 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm

##CALL GM Can we get a vote count?

teacher2

#916 Post by teacher2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:21 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm
##CALL GM Can we get a vote count?
Just FYI, The Bothas an informal VC up at all times. It is not always accurate, because sometimes GMs will count typo'ed votes that the Bot does not pick up which is why I always try to point out any typos. Here, I think it is up to date but of course defer to the GMs.

damo666

#917 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Jamie can I havea response to 885 pls.

Brain likewise 878 chased in 893.

Thanks

brainbomb

#918 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:25 pm

https://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... ?f=4&t=709

Were still looking fir more folks to join
Fun fun game

brainbomb

#919 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm

I care more about my sim than trying to win a popularity contest.

brainbomb

#920 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:57 pm

If you are reading along and want to join our Simulator here is the available play characters:

Galatix - Atk 3 Def 3, Human Mountaineer.
May move normally over mountains. Once per phase may create a path thru any terrain that lasts that phase. Allowing characters to jump a tile or up to 200 pop to move through. Passive (Negative), enemies may also move freely in paths he creates if discovered.

Firdyce - A Satyr, Druid
Atk 2 Def 1. May put 2-8 Hit dice worth of humanoids or sub humanoids to sleep once per phase. Passive: Positive, can attempt a performance to add +10 Morale or Faith.

Fidgets - Hobbit, Gardener
Atk 1 Def 1
Once per phase can fix broken or barren soil on any tile. Can convert Tundra to Frigid Farmland. Passive: Negative +25% Corruption Weldweed

Tyuth: Atk 4 Def 1
Lizardman, Warrior
Once per phase may dual wield weapons and suffer no penalty.
Passive: Positive may breath umderwater

Radagar Human Wizard
Atk 1 Def 1
Once per phase may convert a terrain to grassland, forest, or swamp.
Passive ( Negative: He attracts monsters)

Thurguld Dwarf Pirate
Atk 3 Def 1
Once per phase may raid a coastal tile with surprise bonus.
Passive: (Has his own Trireme and small crew)

Broadmoor Human Lord
Atk 0 Def 1
Once per phase Broadmoor may give a player an additional action.
Or
Once per phase Broadmoor may perform two actions.
Passive: Positive. Broadmoor provides the colony a random free research once every 5 phases.