MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#381 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Wait, why do people feel strongly about reedeer?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#382 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 6:36 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:31 pm
Wait, why do people feel strongly about reedeer?
^

@Teacher, does hammer mean something different to you? Why would we want to hammer Bozo?

I want you to have pressure in the form of votes, Ike. I feel like your questions continue to be more for the sake of asking than of learning, and you continue to be very focused on yourself.

teacher2

#383 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 pm
It should be noted that this is Ezio's meta. He usually makes more of an actual argument for it, but he's also one of those players who think they're better off being quietly useless to make it to the late game because they think they're smart (#fuckvash). We could lynch him anyway, but it feels pretty random right now.

Bozo's absence is suspicious. He's never been this quiet, but one of the largest hallmarks of his town play is inquisitiveness, so this seems more likely to come from scum.
FWIW, other than Ike, Im on board with you. Ezio apparently has to no lynch because of meta. But the fact that he's not arguing for it as before (and the arguments are easy) suggests scum to me - given the terrible odds of a lynch, scum!Ezio should prefer a lynch today (but not him).

Bozo's lurking is a point several have made, and so I credit. Its his vote-park on Ezio I cant read. Are they partners trying to distance, and he could last minute shift-hammer a closer wagon? Are they not partners (in which case this might but either way)? I cant tell, so I am on Ezio.

By the way, I remain open to no-lynch as well if that wagon builds with some votes that I town.

Preview Edit: Hammer to me means the last person to join a wagon. If a wagon forms on reedeer that I see as mostly town, I would submit to the wisdom of my reads and try to have a consensus lynch. Im less interested in Bozo then my previously stated pool, but indicating openness to it to see if town can get a consensus today.

RagingIke297

#384 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Since Thamrick doesn't seem to be going anywhere and the rest of my reads have no votes I'm going to ##vote peterlund

snowy801

#385 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Prado, what makes you feel that people feel strongly about reedeer?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#386 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I’m with Prado on this one actually, what is your reasoning for the reedeer vote snowy?

snowy801

#387 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 pm

You'd.imagine that had I wanted to provide a reason I would've done so already

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#388 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 pm

So you’re acting scummy on purpose then. Good to know.

I don’t like snowy joining on with me, but I’m going to reread 12-20 before I look at changing.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#389 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm
Prado, what makes you feel that people feel strongly about reedeer?
Quite a few people have put him on scum lists and I have absolutely no idea why.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#390 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 7:12 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 pm

I don’t like snowy joining on with me, but I’m going to reread 12-20 before I look at changing.
So what I can tell you voted for reedeer because he was a bit hedgy? Is there anything more that goes into that for him?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#391 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Chaqa, Ezio, and Telamor all need to make an extra post each to stay, and we've only got 2 replacements in the wings. How entertaining.

teacher2

#392 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:30 pm

I was (and am still) willing to hop on Reedeer because he is a lurker with no votes and mostly empty meme content. I dont like snowy's join, but think I may recognize the playstyle. What is interesting to me is that such a lurkey slot is being defended by two very active posters who have cross-defended otherwise today as well?

TrP - if we aren't going to lunch Jamie or RagingIke (And it doesnt look like it), do you have an argument against Reedeer? Or why are you asking?

TrP - you are definitely going to be my overnight dive. So much associational data from two different wagons on you, your defense of PLund who has voteparked you, and GHug's defense of you. Im not sure what to make of it, but there is a lot to be learned.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#393 Post by peterlund » Wed May 09, 2018 7:37 pm

I have some news to come with. I have produced a hunch list of my
slight scums and they currently are: Xorxes, Ike, Jamie, Ezio

I note that 2 of them Ike and Ezio currently have a wagon too. So I do ##vote Ike since I think he has been so hedgy. Pretending to be very active and have lots to say but not driving any wagon in a decisive manner...

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#394 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Vote Count 1.4

Ezio (3): dargorygel, bozotheclown, teacher2
RagingIke297 (3): Balki Bartokomous, ghug, peterlund
TrPrado (2): Telamor, DrCJG
No-Lynch (2): Ezio, yavuzovic
Telamor (2): xorxes, Stressedlines
Reedeer1 (2): DemonRHK, snowy801
Peterlund (2): Jamiet99uk, RagingIke297
Xorxes (1): rdrivera2005
Bozotheclown (1): thamrick
ghug (1): Chaqa
Telamor (1): xorxes
Jamiet99uk (1): TrPrado

Reedeer1 has yet to vote. All players must vote before EOD or they will be replaced.

Currently nobody is set to be lynched

There are 2.5 hours left in D1

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#395 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 7:44 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:30 pm
TrP - if we aren't going to lunch Jamie or RagingIke (And it doesnt look like it), do you have an argument against Reedeer? Or why are you asking?
I'm primarily concerned that so many people are so ready to go for him quickly and easily with so little, as well as him not even being the lurkiest here. I'm confused as to what distinguishes him as someone who people want to deem scum.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#396 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:12 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 pm

So what I can tell you voted for reedeer because he was a bit hedgy? Is there anything more that goes into that for him?
He hasn’t even posted since the hedge post.

I also missed a question from teach I saw in my reread

@teacher: Just from the last two games, one as a player and one as a GM, snowy is normally more reserved, not outright attacking like he has been, and def not brain levels of purposely obscuring information like he has in the last hour

teacher2

#397 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 pm

##vote no-lynch.

The odds are stacked. I was on Ezio as combo pressure-slight scum, but it didnt work. My other main options are similarly low-information shots.

Id rather try to rally this wagon than to join another, because I am the most movement I have been seeing is from spots I at least question. Sure, it reduces our hard info by one spot on D2. But it could increase villagers and push mylo off a day when we have much more information. Plus I really dont want to put the hammer in the hands of lurking mafia team members who can make justifiable votes in the very late afternoon while Im off line. So, who's with me?

thamrick

#398 Post by thamrick » Wed May 09, 2018 7:57 pm

I'm getting pretty strong townreads from: teacher, and darg

teacher has come out of the gates firing. Analyzing post counts and content, and I've found myself agreeing with a lot of the conclusions he's drawing. darg is asking good questions and feels solvy.

Slight townreads from: balki, RHK, rdr, DrCJG, yav, ghug, Prado

Basically in order of how I feel about them. Balki feels a little over-the-top at times which keeps him from the strong townreads, but I feel like he's reading the entire game more than he did when he played as scum. RHK hasn't posted much, but his few posts have been high quality. rdr and DrCJG seem like they're asking good questions. Yav seems more like town yav. ghug and Prado both have pretty high post counts, but not much memorable content. They're slightly above null for me

Null feelings about: Jamie, peter, snowy, reedeer, Chaqa, StressedLines

Jamie also has high content, but low memorability but that feels weird to me because I normally have a pretty strong read on Jamie. peter has seemed more interested in timing of lists and acronym arguments than analyzing the game, snowy is all fluff but that's pretty typical from what I remember from snowy. Then we have three reedeers in reedeer, Chaqa and StressedLines.

Slight Scum: bozo, ezio, Telamor

Mostly just because I expect more from these two. As noted, bozo could easily be hiding behind his standard "I always find rdr scummy" bit, and Ezio the "no-lynch" bit. I don't want to lynch either of these today as we get no information from their flips. Telamor is weird. Only post is sheeping Jamie onto TrP when Jamie just voted TrP with his first post. Again, wouldn't give much info, but one to keep an eye on.

Scum: Ike, xorxes

Probably OMGUS but Ike tunneled me for most of the day with little to go on as many pointed out, without asking me anything about his questions. When he did question me, he didn't seem interested in pursuing his suspicions.

Xorxes seems like he's coasting and picking out easy targets. Voted reedeer with his first post, but even in that post talks about that he's going to change his vote. I don't take issue with posting reads at any point, but his list was pretty meh.

##VOTE Ike

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#399 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Wait, I get that Ike's questions have been pretty lackluster but are we sure we should lynch him for that? Is there something more here? Right now I'd feel more inclined to vote xorxes than Ike despite my reservations on the xorx case, but my preference above all is still Jamie. Some people have shown some sort of willingness to push him, does nobody want to join me on him?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#400 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Xorxes has a very high ratio of scumreads to votes. Is it people shading a teammate, people hoping others will lynch him for them, or noise?