MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2581 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 pm
You can accuse me of being a hypocrite if you like, but you can't say you've not been tunnelling me.
I will most certainly accuse you of being a hypocrite because you have consistently been one.

Jamiet99uk

#2582 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 7:00 pm

You are tunnelling me, tho.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2583 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Right as my read starts to fade you focus on petty trivial bullshit

Jamiet99uk

#2584 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Actually TrPrado, I'm finishing off my VCAs.

Snowy
=======

Day 1: Voted for Jamiet99uk(me) then Ghug, Reedeer, and finally Bozo. Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: Threw votes at me and TrPrado, then moved to Stressed at the very end to save himself. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Voted for Telamor. Moved to Foxcastle with a few hours left. Did not move to Telamor even though it was close to a tie. Commented at EoD as if he expected to die. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Started on DrCJF. Jumped to Balki approaching EoD without explanation. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: D3 is weird.

QUESTION: @Snowy - why didn't you move off Foxcastle at EoD3 even though you were at risk of being lynched, and Foxcastle was 100% definitely not being lynched?

Thamrick
========

Day 1: Voted for Bozo, then moved to RagingIke. Was online at EoD and did *not* move off RagingIke when Ike claimed. Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: No vote until the last two minutes when he joined the Stressedlines wagon. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Briefly voted for Bo_Sox but then moved onto Snowy. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Briefly voted for Peter then got on Balki. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: Willingness to stay on Snowy at EoD3 will be interesting depending on how Snowy flips. Interesting D1 EoD.

QUESTION: @Thamrick: You were around at EoD 1. Why didn't you believe Ike's claim on the block?

RagingIke297

#2585 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Almost forgot to put my save in, that could have been detrimental :lol:

Jamiet99uk

#2586 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 7:20 pm

TrPrado
=======

Day 1: Voted Ghug as is the tradition. Then Xorxes, then settled on Jamiet99uk(me) and stayed there. Was present close to EoD and stayed on me despite my wagon having collapsed. At T-33 he left and said he'd be back within half an hour. Apparently did not return. Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: Voted for me all day. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Voted for me until the last few hours, and moved to Telamor. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Voted for me until the final minute. Jumped to Balki. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: Totally tunelled on me all four days. If he succeeds in lynching me, when I then flip Town, will he cackle with glee, or mourn my loss?

Yayayazovic
===========

Oh hai, this guy.

Day 1: Voted for Snowy, Balki, then Ghug, before settling on No Lynch. Ended on No Lynch. Was on near EoD though. Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: Voted for Ezio, RagingIke, then Snowy. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Moved between me, Snowy, and Ghug. Jumped back on to Snowy right at EoD as Snowy narrowly avoided the lynch. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Was on Snowy all day then jumped to Balki at EoD. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: If and when Snowy flips, which he should, go back and look at Yavuzovic's EoD3. If Snowy's scum, Yav is either town or the best busser ever.

Also, here's an interesting point. Thamrick has attacked Yavuzovic for almost never being around at EoD. Yet here we can see that Yavuzovic was around very close to EoD1, and was right there at the wire on EoD3 and EoD4.

QUESTIONS: @Yavuzovic - why did you stay on "No Lynch" at the end of D1 when it was clearly useless?

@Thamrick: Why did you falsely accuse Yav of avoiding EoD's?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2587 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm

I would say that Jamie's question to snowy is kind of the reason that VCA's are overrated, but it appears he was actually doing a bit more reading than a simple VCA. I would elaborate more but I'll wait to see snowy's answer to avoid ruining something.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2588 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:34 pm
RagingIke
==========

Day 1: Voted Rdrivera, Thamrick, Peter, Snowy, then Bozo. Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: Voted only for Telamor. Was absent at EoD it appears. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Voted for Ghug, then moved to Telamor. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Started on Balki, briefly voted for Peter, then Snowy. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: He really liked voting for Telamor, though the reasoning D2 was weak. I believe his Doctor claim though so, eh.

Rdrivera
========

Day 1: Voted Xorxes, then later voted RagingIke. Absent at EoD, where Bozo (VT) was lynched over RagingIke.

Day 2: Voted only for Jamiet99uk (me). Was again absent at EoD. Stressedlines (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 3: Voted for me, then flipped back and forth between Thamrick and Snowy. Ended on Snowy while saying he would rather lynch Thamrick. Telamor (VT) was lynched over Snowy.

Day 4: Voted Thamrick all day. Balki (VT) was lynched over Ezio.

ANALYSIS: Mostly absent at EoD's it seems?

QUESTION: @Rdrivera: Talk us through your flips back and forth between Snowy and Thamrick on D3, would you?
I don't think there were much back and forth on my side. I want to lynch you or Thamrick (still do, mostly Tham). When I was leaving work (not sure I would be online at EOD) the Tham wagon was going nowhere and I choose between the two main wagons, voting Snowy.
Then when I look the game while driving I saw two votes on Tham and voted back on him but at exactly the same time Balki unvoted him, so I voted back on Snowy because I didn't see anything scummy on Telamor.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2589 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Also, I was hoping to have time to do more reading, but things are a mess here on Brasil (a strike from the truck drivers, with roadblocks). There is no fuel and people are stocking food and the like and things are chaotic.
My only solid scumread is Thamrick.
I keep going back and forth with Jamiet and he would be in my could be scum. The others in this list would be Snowy and Fox (I know it makes four, but we have one myslinch :-)
I have more town vibes from Prado, DrCJG and Ezio and I don't have a clue about Yav.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2590 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm
I don't think there were much back and forth on my side. I want to lynch you [Jamie] or Thamrick (still do, mostly Tham). When I was leaving work (not sure I would be online at EOD) the Tham wagon was going nowhere and I choose between the two main wagons, voting Snowy.
Then when I look the game while driving I saw two votes on Tham and voted back on him but at exactly the same time Balki unvoted him, so I voted back on Snowy because I didn't see anything scummy on Telamor.
Excuse you? I hadn't caught the full way up but considering I had literally just read D3 you backing off of Jamie this felt out of nowhere, so I went and checked for when this started and your scum read on Jamie is super abrupt. You hadn't even reread bo or darg, and the only change was you starting to believe the Ike claim, and then immediately after you seem to give up on believing it. What happened to Ezio in your reads? Where and why does Jamie fit into this for you?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2591 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm
I don't think there were much back and forth on my side. I want to lynch you [Jamie] or Thamrick (still do, mostly Tham). When I was leaving work (not sure I would be online at EOD) the Tham wagon was going nowhere and I choose between the two main wagons, voting Snowy.
Excuse you? I hadn't caught the full way up but considering I had literally just read D3 you backing off of Jamie this felt out of nowhere, so I went and checked for when this started and your scum read on Jamie is super abrupt. You hadn't even reread bo or darg, and the only change was you starting to believe the Ike claim, and then immediately after you seem to give up on believing it. What happened to Ezio in your reads? Where and why does Jamie fit into this for you?
I don't get exactly what you mean Prado. I did a full re-read on Bo and Dargo yesterday. I admited that I am going back and forth with Jamiet being scum, I started to scumread him after D2 and I sill have him as a scum possibility.

About Ike, it was obvious he was Doc after Peter death, what is weird on this?

And about Ezio I stated more then once I townread Ezio solely because he was the lynch both Bo and Dargo want to push after Balki death.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2592 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 9:11 pm

I meant you explicitly stated that you'd started to believe that before you even did a reread
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm
Then why, on D6, almost immediately after peter's death, did you list Ike as being on the scum team? What between N5 and most of a day into D6, both of which times you said Ike was probably doc, made you think that he wasn't the doc?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2593 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:40 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:11 pm
I meant you explicitly stated that you'd started to believe that before you even did a reread
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm
Then why, on D6, almost immediately after peter's death, did you list Ike as being on the scum team? What between N5 and most of a day into D6, both of which times you said Ike was probably doc, made you think that he wasn't the doc?
I want to see who will jump on board (I told this, look my next post on this day). But then Thamrick (I think, didn't read it again ) pointed this and it was pointless to keep pretending I still scumread him.

Foxcastle

#2594 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 9:52 pm

I have not had a lot of time to catch up on what happened since Monday, but, solely to avoid disappointing Ike, I'll put some reads out.

DrCJG—Probably town. His votes have been pretty harmless, but his analysis and participation, particularly Day 1, ring pretty true. If he was scum, I would expect some sort of pointer on Day 1, but I didn't find one. I'm still not sure about DrCJG's Snowy vote, but I like his Ezio vote.

Ezio—Probably scum. He's always lurky, but now he's unhelpfully lurky. Rdrivera pointed out that he put Balki on both his scum list and town list at the end of Day 4, which is interesting to me. I need to go back and reread him (when I've got 5 whole minutes...), but I would probably vote for him.

Jamiet—Probably town, but I have not yet managed to accurately call Jamiet's alignment in any game. But, pushing pretty hard for participation and doing serious work. I think that's hard to fake as scum.

RagingIke—I have a hard time believing that scum wouldn't lynch a town PR claim, particularly when there was a 50 percent chance it was the cop. Maybe not for a night, maybe even for two, but letting a potential cop live that long was just kinda dumb. The only thing that gives me pause is that Peter wasn't protected. As I said, there's a theory that the doctor tried to outguess the scum (that they would assume he was protected that night, so would wait until the next night, so the doc decided to protect him the next night, but he was wrong), but I think the better play for the doctor was just to protect Peter. So that's a point in favor of Ike being town. But Ike's theory that there's some brilliant scum strategy at play doesn't fly with me; I've only played a handfull of games, but that's enough for me to believe that there are not brilliant plans and that everyone is just riding the waves as best they can.

rdrivera—I didn't say rdrivera deserved more pressure, I said that the lack of pressure on him this game stood out to me, since he seemed to get a lot of pressure in other games. I would lean town, or at least lean against lynching him. His play seems towny to me.

Foxcastle—Pushed hard to mislynch both Telamor and Balki, and didn't see Darg or Bo coming. Confessed that he would probably have voted for Stressedlines. Doesn't look good... I'd say he was scum, except that his role PM said he was town.

Snowy—I don't have a good read on him. And I was intrigued by the theory that Snowy was saved. I think if he were scum, it's more likely that after Day 1, he would have been bussed, since saving looks more conspicuous. So maybe that implies town. I would probably not vote for Snowy at this time.

Thamrick—Thamrick's vote record isn't great, and I'm never sure about him. I don't have a specific reason to scumread him, but I do. Rereading him and Ezio is my plan before EOD.

TrPrado—Lots of participation, seems to be working to solve. I would say town.

Yavuz—I feel like Yavuz is evolving as he continues to play, and so looking at his previous games is not helpful to determine if he's scum or town. I would say he's town here, though.

Foxcastle

#2595 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:17 pm
I also have a theory about the NK tonight, I'll post it closer to the deadline. I don't want to give out any ideas
Will we see this before EON?

RagingIke297

#2596 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Alright, big reveal time. I'm 99% positive I'll be roleblocked tonight but not killed, until we kill the hooker I function as a VT that looks worse and worse as time goes on. If for whatever reason I don't make it, look at Fox, look at RDR, look at Thamrick, look at DrCJG in that order. Force Ezio to participate as well as snowy. I townread Jamie and feel he is one of the few people doing work around here.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2597 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri May 25, 2018 10:00 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2598 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri May 25, 2018 10:04 pm

The Bonds sat around a table, drinks in hand, solemn.

Roger Moore: Another one bites the dust. Daniel wasn't even that good anyway. He was always too serious. Needed to lighten up a bit.

Sean Connery: Don't talk like that. He was no life of the party, but he was one of us. And he should be remembered that way.

Timothy Dalton: We need to finish these guys off. Once and for all.

Roger Moore: Should we call George? I know we agreed not to invite him, but it would be nice to have another one on our side.

Sean Connery: No. Lazenby is useless. He'd just fuck it all up. Crazy Australian.

Roger Moore: At least we got this one....the host of the party...

RagingIke297 has DIED. He was Ernst Stavro Blofeld, TOWN DOCTOR

DAY 7 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

Foxcastle

#2599 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Sigh. Sorry Ike. I was wrong.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2600 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm

After so long? I take it that the scum are pretty scared.