MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1621 Post by peterlund » Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 pm
http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... ?f=4&t=609

Will it totally fix things? Probably not, but at least you'll only have to wait for the lag to go away once instead of four times.
GREAT! I am quite confident that the improvement will be substantial and we will see this at the next EoD.

snowy801

#1622 Post by snowy801 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 pm

why oh why am I still alive
I'm like 100% confident the vote was in my favor when I made my final post, which was after deadline

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#1623 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey everyone,

I notice a number of people posting about forum slowdowns and problems, and peterlund going so far as to suggest leaving the site over it. It might be more useful if everyone could give a detailed bug report and email it to the mod email. I can't fix what I don't know about.

If you see the problem again, please email, with as much detail as possible/screenshots of an error you see.

Cheers

snowy801

#1624 Post by snowy801 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

I think it's Balki tbh

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1625 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm
So did I somehow not save snowy or are you just focusing on Balki?
I’m tunneled on Balki. After N2 I’m fairly confident both night have been block and kill, and N2 went unclaimed after the shade on Balki’s claim D2. You will get yours, I’m just not there yet.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1626 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

peterlund wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 pm
http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... ?f=4&t=609

Will it totally fix things? Probably not, but at least you'll only have to wait for the lag to go away once instead of four times.
GREAT! I am quite confident that the improvement will be substantial and we will see this at the next EoD.
It probably won't be substantial, but it will keep our posts from getting hung up. Besides, this game is supposed to be played as an ongoing chat game, sort of how it is on Discord or Epicmafia or wherever else, so eliminating post review makes sense. Crossposting happens sometimes, and it's not that big of a deal.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1627 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:47 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 pm
bo, thamrick, and balki all made votes at the end that look like snowy-saviors. At least one of them might be explained by the funky site trouble... but not all three.
My vote for Telamor should be recorded as cast at 4:54 central time, and if I counted right it made the vote 7-6 in Telamor's favor. And without a doubt, the purpose of my vote was to save snowy, because snowy is town.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1628 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:24 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:16 pm
Un-fucking-believable.

I was wrong on Telamor, and I’m sorry about that. RIP

But shame on all of you for letting Balki save that fucker AGAIN.
Interesting phrasing. How did I "save Snowy"? With my vote, or with my compelling arguments for why Snowy must be town? Which arguments do you think were the most potent?
You’ve, two day phases in a row, lobbied at the 11th hour against the lynch. You’ve gotten you way both times, and both were town.

As far as arguements, I love that part where you double down your first fuckup into claiming how all three wagons D2 were town (which as I’ve said, straight numbers is 37%) as to why snowy is town for the next lynch. What’s next? His lack of caring is too towny? All the wagons were town today too?

I can’t fucking wait for this set of mental gymnastics.
(1) Quote the D3 part where I lobbied at the 11th hour against the Snowy lynch. That did not happen.

(2) Quote the part where I claimed all three wagons D2 were town. That did not happen either.

Not sure why you're trying to pin this on me.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1629 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Because you’ve been instrumental in both days counterwagons.

The second bit you’re right on. That was bo now that I recall. Sorry for that much.

I’m still convinced you faked the roleblock, that you’ve intended to fully save snowy both days, and that you’re scum.

bo volunteering himself to try to deflect off of you is interesting. Are you and snowy both scum PRs? Did you fake the rb knowing you’d be inno scanned as gf N2, and are hoping the cop reveals you for the full clear?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1630 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 pm

@DemonRHK,

This is the last thing I said about Snowy:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Can you flesh this out more? Frankly, I remember you said something persuasive about Thamrick, but I forgot what it was. Give me three bullet points on Thamrick.

Also -- wouldn't town Snowy at least want to leave us with his reads or something? Like -- some direction or wisdom so he is not crucified in the GOD thread?
I never advocated for a Telamore lynch. Instead, I said this:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 pm
Can someone give me the sweet tl;dr on Telamor
He's weirdly defensive, looks coached, is latched onto Ike in what seems like a bid to build towncred by bussing his scummate while avoiding anything that would taint his reputation by being wrong on a town wagon. He said he was focused on trying to survive when he'd never been under any serious pressure.
Foxy -- these are all fine points, and I think your characterizations are correct.

What I'm missing when I read Telamor is effort to blend in. I don't see that. I see no effort to please. No concern over image. No posting for posting's sake.

Does that concern you about this read?
So please get your facts straight before you go on a fuck-laced accusatory tirade. I'm sure there is something you can think to accuse me of, but you started with the wrong thing.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1631 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 pm
bo volunteering himself to try to deflect off of you is interesting. Are you and snowy both scum PRs? Did you fake the rb knowing you’d be inno scanned as gf N2, and are hoping the cop reveals you for the full clear?
I love it when people act like me pointing out that they're tunneling on someone is deflection. No, you hollow brained nincompoop, I'm pointing out that you're choosing to focus on parts of the picture and ignore other parts of the picture because it fits your agenda.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1632 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 pm

DemonRHK wrote:

The second bit you’re right on. That was bo now that I recall. Sorry for that much.

I’m still convinced you faked the roleblock, that you’ve intended to fully save snowy both days, and that you’re scum.

I agree I was instrumental in the D2 counterwagon. I did not buy the case on either guy, and I wanted to start a new wagon.

I don't think any reasonable person could say I was instrumental in the D3 counterwagon. I have like, kinda scumread Telamor, but I never felt convinced about him, right down to the reveal. I never pushed that wagon, nor did I try to dissuade people from voting Snowy. Your facts are all wrong.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1633 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

I agree I was instrumental in the D2 counterwagon. I did not buy the case on either guy, and I wanted to start a new wagon.

I don't think any reasonable person could say I was instrumental in the D3 counterwagon. I have like, kinda scumread Telamor, but I never felt convinced about him, right down to the reveal. I never pushed that wagon, nor did I try to dissuade people from voting Snowy. Your facts are all wrong.
Is that the real issue? That I’m right for wrong reasons?

Where is everyone else? Or is it going to be me against bo and Balki all night?

God knows we are going to get fuck all from snowy and Ezio.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1634 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 11:15 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:12 pm
Is that the real issue? That I’m right for wrong reasons?

Where is everyone else? Or is it going to be me against bo and Balki all night?

God knows we are going to get fuck all from snowy and Ezio.
I don't know, dude. You seem to think I'm scum. Build your case. What facts lead you to believe that? What is my scum motivation and why is it more likely than Town Balki's explanation?

So far you've said that I'm scum based on things that are not true. So, is it because you misread those facts and learning the truth causes you to reevaluate? Or, do you not really care about the facts? Or, now that you know the facts, do you think I am scum for some different reason?

Engage with me. Tell me why you think I'm scum. Let's discuss it.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1635 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Fine, I’m going to pour over the Peterbot and I’ll be back.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1636 Post by ghug » Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't like Telamor flipping town. I don't like Balki being defensive here instead of just being like "yeah I voted for him; deal with it". I don't like RHK getting mad at Balki for this but not thamrick (or me for that matter). I don't like anyone who still wants to lynch snowy after he pretty much accepted death to avoid a tie.

We don't like Ike.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1637 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm
Fine, I’m going to pour over the Peterbot and I’ll be back.
Engage with me now!

You seem pretty convinced already. "Un-fucking-believable!" Right?

Why not engage with me now about the things that apparently made you so angry?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1638 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm
I don't like Telamor flipping town. I don't like Balki being defensive here instead of just being like "yeah I voted for him; deal with it". I don't like RHK getting mad at Balki for this but not thamrick (or me for that matter). I don't like anyone who still wants to lynch snowy after he pretty much accepted death to avoid a tie.

We don't like Ike.
I'm just quoting because this man is right on the money. That was absolutely a town response from snowball.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1639 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 11:25 pm

I asked Demon about it but he never responded.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1640 Post by ghug » Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Unfortunately, I think that means another town v. town day, which is blegh.