MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7708
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4571

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#821 Post by Chaqa » Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 pm

I'm reading. I just don't have any super strong thoughts yet. I'm trying to make sense of Ike's whole deal right now. I'll be able to help more when we have a few days of info to work with.

Telamor
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 am
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 91

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#822 Post by Telamor » Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm confused. If Ike has claimed a PR but for some reason the Maf didn't either kill or RB him why are we lynching Snowy?

RagingIke297
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm
Location: Locked in Bo_Sox's Basement
Karma: 845
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#823 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 pm
awfully awkward wording don't you think
"I maintain my claim that I am PR"
really makes you think
How would you have liked me to word it Snowy?
What does it make you think about?
This was a good observation by Snowy, and I am glad to see Snowy has decided to participate. The point, Ike, is that you didn't say "Yes I am PR" or similar. Instead, you said "I maintain my <b> claim </b> that I am PR". Rather than confidently presenting your PR status as fact, you refer to it as a claim. This is a distinction that may not occur to someone if they were lying.

teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm
I shared your theory...

...My theory was that Ike was cop who scanned ghug. Thats obviously not the case.
That was not the same theory as I had. My theory was that we might have been looking at scum RagingIke trying to make it look like he was begging for assistance from (town) Ghug, in order to frame Ghug as scum if and when he (Ike) flipped scum.

That theory is now unlikely given Ike's response.

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm
Can I take the list of the players who have claimed they are PR?
I do not think you are wise to ask for that information. There is only one outright claim, which is Ike.


@RagingIke: Thank you for your answers so far. Could I ask you, what first caused you to think that Ghug is scum?


And finally for this long post, ##VOTE EZIO

Earlier I stated that I thought Ghug was scum because he noticed me playing differently, pointed it out and tried to get me killed for it. It's on page 33
@Ghug, You've played in every game I have as far as I can remember. I think that you figured out that I was a PR mid D1. You know how I normally play and you saw the difference. You said something along the lines of Is Ike normally this much of a try hard? I think that you used that to make me look like scum and took advantage of the fact that people will just sheep your vote so you could get me lynched and wouldn't have to spend the NK bullet
.

Also, in my mind there is no difference between me saying I maintain I am a PR or I maintain my claim that I am a PR. I can end all of the rest of my posts by saying "I'm a PR, you should believe me" but that wouldn't change the fact that I am a claimant until proven otherwise. I've been trying to see things from everyone else's point of view because mine is unique, apologies if that causes confusion

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#824 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm
I'm confused. If Ike has claimed a PR but for some reason the Maf didn't either kill or RB him why are we lynching Snowy?
Ezio is currently scheduled to be lynched.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 341
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#825 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm
I'm confused. If Ike has claimed a PR but for some reason the Maf didn't either kill or RB him why are we lynching Snowy?
@Telamor, that is why we should lynch Balki. It was an obvious setup by the scum team to let Balki claim RB after the first night. Join me on Balki!

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#826 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm
I'm confused. If Ike has claimed a PR but for some reason the Maf didn't either kill or RB him why are we lynching Snowy?
Ezio is currently scheduled to be lynched.
Which raises the question why we’re killing Ezio?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#827 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 pm

@Peterlund: It appears to me that your case against Balki is largely based on the fact that Xorxes was scumreading Balki.

Xorxes also scumread you, Telamor, and Rdrivera. Do you think he was right on them too?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#828 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm
I'm confused. If Ike has claimed a PR but for some reason the Maf didn't either kill or RB him why are we lynching Snowy?
Ezio is currently scheduled to be lynched.
Which raises the question why we’re killing Ezio?
Lynching him is our only option, because there are no guns available.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 341
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#829 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 pm
@Peterlund: It appears to me that your case against Balki is largely based on the fact that Xorxes was scumreading Balki.

Xorxes also scumread you, Telamor, and Rdrivera. Do you think he was right on them too?
Jamie. It was not I, Tela or Rdriv that claimed RBed!
Have you already forgotten that it was Balki that claimed RBed?

To spell it out for you: that is why I only was looking for connections between Xorxes and Balki, and not between Xorxes and any other person in this game.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#830 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Why does his RB claim prove that he is scum?

What if he is town, and was roleblocked?

Why is that impossible?

yavuzovic
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Sakarya/Turkey
Karma: 563
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#831 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:21 pm
(a quick read... and out the door... but did Yavu just tie, rescuing Snowy? I suppose it is too early to really have this as a result, but wanted to note it for later.)
I haven't read the thread yet and I don't have anything to think snowy is scum. When people don't join your wagon, you can't tell they're rescuing someone. Instead, I told you I may change the vote and this means if I find snowy guilty, I will vote him. But I have only posting statistics and votes to claim now. That's why I don't want to tell my reads now.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 341
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#832 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pm
Why does his RB claim prove that he is scum?

What if he is town, and was roleblocked?

Why is that impossible?
Jamie. Obviously nothing can be "proved" as you put it. I only have a theory that I think is the most likely. I have already explained my reasoning in a very extensive format today and I am not planning to retype it all for you once more. Please read it at this link http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... d2-42&g=36 and if you disagree with or have questions about something, please come back to me with further feed-back.

My change over to my current theory started "Day-2 36:09 page 38". Before that I believed what scum wanted me to believe which I now consider to be false...

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#833 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm


Ezio is currently scheduled to be lynched.
Which raises the question why we’re killing Ezio?
Lynching him is our only option, because there are no guns available.
Okay that doesn’t answer my question as to WHY

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#834 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 pm

@Peterlund: I've read it, and now I've read it again. It looks very weak to me.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1784
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 712

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#835 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm

@tham - Signifigantly, I’d say half on misunderstanding the vote situation and half getting steeped by snowy.

@yavu - Last page you tried to walk through reasoning around the roleblock, yet on this page you claim you haven’t read, and previous to all that you said you weren’t going to read anything you missed. Which is it?

@Ike - Come down off the ducking cross if you are town and help. If you really are PR throwing a temper tantrum and borderline refusing to play helps no one.

@Jamie - Based off of N1, what is your general opinion of the exp and skill level of the scum team, based off what we know/don’t know?

@teacher - same question as above.

@stressed - If you have to pick a scumteam of five, right now, who is it?

@Telamor - same question.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 341
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#836 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 pm
@Peterlund: I've read it, and now I've read it again. It looks very weak to me.
Ok I understand, no problem!

But please promise me to remember my "Balki is scum" theory if I get NKed N2, OK?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 341
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#837 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 6:49 pm

BY THE WAY!! Have everyone noticed how SILENT Balki has become after I launched my "Balki is scum" theory. Is he hoping that this will blow over soon perhaps? :-D

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#838 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 6:50 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm
@Jamie - Based off of N1, what is your general opinion of the exp and skill level of the scum team, based off what we know/don’t know?
Uh, how do you expect me to express an opinion based on things we don't know?

RagingIke297
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm
Location: Locked in Bo_Sox's Basement
Karma: 845
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#839 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm

@Ike - Come down off the ducking cross if you are town and help. If you really are PR throwing a temper tantrum and borderline refusing to play helps no one.
Kinda confused at the recent hostility at me from some people, I've said i'll be talking and I have been, I said I would say who I would be voting for and I have, I've said I'll do reads in a couple hours which hasn't happened yet because I'm at work and its not going to take 2 minutes.

Not sure how I'm throwing a temper tantrum and refusing to play, if you could explain RHK that would be super.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18703
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10746
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#840 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I have suspicions about Ike but I cannot see how he is throwing a tantrum. He has been quite calm and answered the questions being fired at him.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobMcBob, Google [Bot], Wusti and 4 guests