MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#641 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Here is my early EoN reads. The next two ‘days’ of D2 will be chaos for me. I was already going to miss most of Saturday (visiting my grandbaby!!!!) But a musician friend died, and I was asked to fill in for a show tomorrow. Which means practice and performing. I have written to the GM to see what he wants me to do. I SHOULD be able to minimum post… but not much more.

Town leans: Balki, Dargo, DemonRHK, ghug, Jamiet, teacher, thamrick (more involved… seems real,) Xorxes,
Null : chaqa, DrCJG, Peterlund, Rdrivera, Reedeer, Stressedlines, Prado, Yazu (moved from town.)
Scum leans: Ezio (less than before,) Ike (I don’t believe his claim,) snowy, telamor (I didn't like his late joke votish comment.)
Dead Leans: Bozo

RagingIke297

#642 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Here are my night "reads", I don't expect to die tonight given the number of people that don't believe my claim.

Lynch

snowy801
ghug
thamrick
yavuzovic
peterlund
DrCJG
Telamor
reedeer1
Stressedlines
Ezio
xorxes
Chaqa
Balki Bartokomous
DemonRHK
Jamiet99uk
teacher2
TrPrado
dargorygel
rdrivera2005

Don't Lynch

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#643 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm gonna do some VCA assuming Ike is scum because I think he's scum and EoD was town v town if not, which is unhelpful.

Balki was on the wagon all day, and didn't push very strongly towards the end, which I dislike.

Peter made the wagon 3-3, tying it with Ezio for the lead. Of note is Peter himself was at 2 at this point.

Teacher at this point votes no-lynch, which, while objectively terrible, actually put Ike alone in the lead of wagons on people while also staying a ton of attention to teacher himself.

Thamrick votes Ike, putting him above no lynch. Reedeer votes Peter, which could be some defending.

Ezio's vote on teacher could have been an attempt to deflect off both Peter and Ike by starting a new wagon, but I read it more as voting his mind. It seemed more pressure voting than a rallying cry.

Bozo and teacher both vote Peter, bringing the vote from 4-3 to 4-5. Peter responds by voting Jamie. This shows minimal concern for his own predicament, which gives me town vibes, but could also be an attempt to get away from scum v scum.

Rivera votes Ike, which looks good.

Bozo puts Ike in the lead again, and then five people vote bozo in a row (DrC, teacher, Demon, snowy, darg). This happened over twelve minutes, and I was pushing for it hard enough that I see it as understandable, so it's not a nail in the coffin, but it's a sequence that doesn't look great.

Bozo then decides to switch to Peter, putting himself in the lead at 5 above two wagons at 4.

RHK unvotes, tying everyone at 4. This strikes me as decently townie.

Xorxes puts Bozo in the lead again, despite not feeling excited about any of the wagons.

Jamie and Ike try to bring to life a snowy wagon. Ike followed Jamie, which makes me townread Jamie a bit.

Bozo and Peter both move back to Ike. Peter was safe at this point, so it's not self-defense. It puts Ike back in the lead.

Ike votes in self defense to tie.

Reedeer puts Ike in the lead for the final time, casting what would have been a deciding vote. This looks good.

Ike claims, and reedeer, Jamie, and Peter all move to save him.

Conclusions: if Ike is scum, RHK, thamrick, teacher, rivera, reedeer, Jamie all look good to varying degrees. Xorxes, Peter, snowy, darg, DrC all look worse.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#644 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Ike, I think you missed my question. Why didn't you voice a scumread of me at any point yesterday? You knew I was pushing you the whole time. What changed when night started?

RagingIke297

#645 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 pm

@Ghug, You've played in every game I have as far as I can remember. I think that you figured out that I was a PR mid D1. You know how I normally play and you saw the difference. You said something along the lines of Is Ike normally this much of a try hard? I think that you used that to make me look like scum and took advantage of the fact that people will just sheep your vote so you could get me lynched and wouldn't have to spend the NK bullet

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#646 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Hey I’m on the road heading back home for the summer and I think I’ll be just shy of the deadline, so I’ll be viewing the rest of the night on my phone.

I think the new players mostly look pretty good. Teacher is going to be an asset, DrCJG seemed off for a bit but has found a confident voice so I think he’s town too. Stressedlines was pretty quiet but doesn’t seem to be the assenting type.

Telamor comes across as coached.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#647 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm

When have I ever been good at PR-hunting?

Why didn't you vocalize any of your concerns with me before night started?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#648 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 8:07 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 pm
Hey I’m on the road heading back home for the summer and I think I’ll be just shy of the deadline, so I’ll be viewing the rest of the night on my phone.

I think the new players mostly look pretty good. Teacher is going to be an asset, DrCJG seemed off for a bit but has found a confident voice so I think he’s town too. Stressedlines was pretty quiet but doesn’t seem to be the assenting type.

You're so fucking stupid. Please stop pretending you're good at reading new players.

What about Telamor comes across as coached to you? The guy has one relevant post since night started.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#649 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:07 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 pm

You're so fucking stupid. Please stop pretending you're good at reading new players.

What about Telamor comes across as coached to you? The guy has one relevant post since night started.
Concept:

Reading new players isn’t hard and anyone can do it easily and straightforward.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#650 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Sure, but you're still going to be worse at it than most people by virtue of your being terrible in general.

Can you answer the part where I asked you a question instead of the part where I complain about how awful you are? The latter is really just for my benefit.

#iPradoThePaedo

RagingIke297

#651 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm
When have I ever been good at PR-hunting?

Why didn't you vocalize any of your concerns with me before night started?
Because when you said you wanted to put pressure on me, I assumed you mean votes during the day to get me to talk more. Toward the end of the day I expected you to move and you didn't, by the time I realized that you weren't moving I was trying to get other wagons going so I didn't need to claim

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#652 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm
Sure, but you're still going to be worse at it than most people by virtue of your being terrible in general.

Can you answer the part where I asked you a question instead of the part where I complain about how awful you are? The latter is really just for my benefit.

#iPradoThePaedo
His one post in the day was a follow vote, and what little he’s done in the night doesn’t come across as genuine. His one question is lackluster and very thrown in, irrelevant to much of what else was going on, as though someone may have pushed him to ask a question from the QT.

DrCJG

#653 Post by DrCJG » Thu May 10, 2018 8:53 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 pm
Doctor,
I voted Ezio on that intention, true. But I started to think that's not enough and I voted no-lynch. Then I slept so I couldn't change my vote and I was busy today so I wasn't active.
@ Yaz - So you agree that you voted for Ezio because his no-lynch vote felt scummy... then decided not only was that not enough to vote him, but that you yourself should vote no-lynch... then even though you came back with 37 minutes left at EoD and read enough to make a post you couldn't change your vote cause you were asleep... Got it. Care to answer the rest of my question?

@ Thamrick - Looks like you managed to make a full post without responding to me either...

@ Ezio - Guess I shouldn't be surprised that you haven't posted anything

xorxes

#654 Post by xorxes » Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 pm

From the Mafia QT:

Ezio: <b> kill xorxes</b> before he finds us all out.
Ike: Phew, that was a close one.
Balki: You were meant to die, now I will have to bus another one of you tomorrow to get towncred.
Telamor: Should I keep pushing the Prado?
[hours later] Chaqa: Hi guys! I just read my PM and found the link here, what did I miss?

yavuzovic

#655 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm

@Dr What is the rest of your question?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#656 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to do a decent analisys or write a full readlist. Anyway, want to give some thoughts.

We have two possibilities:1) Ike is PR and EOD was town x town or 2)Ike is scum and was saved. I believe more on two, but we need to consider both until we sort Ike.

Option 2 have already been explored by Ghug and Than and I don't have much to add. In this case, Snowy and Xorxes are my strongest scumreads.

Option 1 make things harder to analyze, as scum could have spread between wagons or just sitted on the sidelines. In this case, I would give a closer look at Prado, Yav and Demon that were online and didn't make a stance on either Bozo or Ike

@Ike - You have a unique perspective as you know if you are town or not. Why you put Snowy as your top scumread? Why would scum Snowy push a town Bozo lynch if it's town x town?

See you next day or in God QT.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#657 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 9:16 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 pm
From the Mafia QT:

Balki: You were meant to die, now I will have to bus another one of you tomorrow to get towncred.
[hours later] Chaqa: Hi guys! I just read my PM and found the link here, what did I miss?
Who told you you’re allowed to steal brainbomb’s jokes?

xorxes

#658 Post by xorxes » Thu May 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Updated reads:

Towniest: Ike (unless and until proven otherwise), Dargo, Teacher, Prado, yavu
Townish: ghug, Jamiet, DrCJG, thamrick, DemonRHK
Null of all nullity: Chaqa, Ezio, reedeer, Stressedlines, snowy
Scumish: Balki, Telamor, peterlund, rdrivera
Scumiest: No strong scum read at this point.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#659 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm
Sorry guys, I didn't have time to do a decent analisys or write a full readlist. Anyway, want to give some thoughts.

We have two possibilities:1) Ike is PR and EOD was town x town or 2)Ike is scum and was saved. I believe more on two, but we need to consider both until we sort Ike.

Option 2 have already been explored by Ghug and Than and I don't have much to add. In this case, Snowy and Xorxes are my strongest scumreads.

Option 1 make things harder to analyze, as scum could have spread between wagons or just sitted on the sidelines. In this case, I would give a closer look at Prado, Yav and Demon that were online and didn't make a stance on either Bozo or Ike

@Ike - You have a unique perspective as you know if you are town or not. Why you put Snowy as your top scumread? Why would scum Snowy push a town Bozo lynch if it's town x town?

See you next day or in God QT.
I wasn’t online. Ike’s claim was after I had to put away my phone to take my final, and I didn’t finish until after the deadline.

xorxes

#660 Post by xorxes » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:16 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 pm
From the Mafia QT:

Who told you you’re allowed to steal brainbomb’s jokes?
He asked me to do it for him when he's not playing.