Twenty questions, round 260

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hominidae

Re: Twenty questions, round 260

#81 Post by Hominidae » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:18 pm

JECE wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:14 pm
Hominidae wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 pm
JECE wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Born anywhere other than Liechtenstein, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Svalbard, Jan Mayen or Belarussian SSR?

Hopefully this narrows it down to the Baltic States at a longitude further north than Copenhagen.
The problem is if there are any extremely famous actors from the Baltic States, they would have come up with a Google search for Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian actors.

I'm going to ask another question: was this person born in a location on this list? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependent_territory

Conditional guess if the answer to both my and JECE's questions are "yes": Henry Cavill
That would be the 20th question, I think. You sure?
I'll make the question conditional on your question's answer being "yes", since I don't think there are any famous actors born in Svalbard or Jan Mayen.

So, if the answer to JECE is "yes": born in a dependent territory as per Wikipedia?
If the answer to both my and JECE's questions are yes: Henry Cavill

Hominidae

#82 Post by Hominidae » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 pm

I think the birthplace is the single most significant thing we can narrow down, since any of the tiny locations this actor could have been born can't have produced that many famous actors. I also think there's a greater than 50% chance that I'm right about Henry Cavill.

Spartaculous

#83 Post by Spartaculous » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:33 pm

Hominidae wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 pm
I think the birthplace is the single most significant thing we can narrow down, since any of the tiny locations this actor could have been born can't have produced that many famous actors. I also think there's a greater than 50% chance that I'm right about Henry Cavill.
You are, in fact, right about Henry Cavill!

Hominidae

#84 Post by Hominidae » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:43 pm

Fun round! Next one will be up in a few hours.