Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3981 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:09 pm
because I think he fits the bill of someone who people keep saying not to visit, and the posturing has been noted.
Honestly fair point. Idk why nobody has visited DrFid
the idea has been floated hes the fear judge many times. and I think that notion could actually be floating to buy him time to douse people rather than that hes actually a danger to visit

brainbomb

#3982 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:14 pm
the problem is you think scumreading someone is just some thing you throw out there and it means something.

it doesnt. you have no thought process at all on the events happening, youre literally just saying things that sound cool
Um scumreading is something you put out there and it does meant something

And no I am not just saying things that sound cool
so you dont think it would be cool for me to be scum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3983 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
the problem is you think scumreading someone is just some thing you throw out there and it means something.

it doesnt. you have no thought process at all on the events happening, youre literally just saying things that sound cool
I think Will is a good kill but not everybody hunts in the connection-focused way that you do.

Kakarroto

#3984 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm

rivera slight improvements
kak im starting to wonder why he was universally townread
Anything in particular about Kak's post sent alarms ringing?
lack of fully considering what I was saying for one. Two his voting habits are terrible always pushing solo wagons most of the day. one of which wound up being cop
isn't that what I normally do with voting not on the mass wagon but going through with my own thoughts? And my early reads are always kinda bad, like the game where Vecna was cop and I hounded after him for two or three days straight. I'm much better at voting for mafia, when I'm mafia.

and I think I'm pretty ok in getting what you say and stuff, I'm not aware of any instance of not getting you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3985 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:19 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
because I think he fits the bill of someone who people keep saying not to visit, and the posturing has been noted.
Who's discouraging a DrFid visit?

brainbomb

#3986 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I think Will is a good kill but not everybody hunts in the connection-focused way that you do.
usually people who dont try to actually solve the puzzle are people using inferior methods like vibe hunting, and false flags, or its just scum making up incomplete reasoning.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3987 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:

Um scumreading is something you put out there and it does meant something

And no I am not just saying things that sound cool
so you dont think it would be cool for me to be scum?
That is not what I said

Why is that the takeaway from that post? Wouldn’t the takeaway be that I don’t say things just to sound cool?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3988 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:19 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Who's discouraging a DrFid visit?
Idk. But nobody scanning him is weird which I why I agree with brain on this one

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3989 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:19 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 pm
brainbomb wrote:

usually people who dont try to actually solve the puzzle are people using inferior methods like vibe hunting, and false flags, or its just scum making up incomplete reasoning.
To be fair you are wrong and I may just be right so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

brainbomb

#3990 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:22 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:16 pm

I also had a theory that drfid and ND might be mafia together, that ND was doing something similar to myself in the last game.

I still have many pages to read, but until now ND hadn't posted or reacted anything, and as much as I know of ND, which isn't too much, I may add, this isn't typical for him, right?

Any ND experts know or remember, if he ever was this tight lipped in a previous game? Because so far, what I've seen, is that he just keeps silent, and hunkers down, and hopes to weather any 'vote storm' there is, trying to stay low. I also had the theory that he might do this intentionally to get a scan or two, and might be that role that kills everyone that visits him. Would that make sense for how ND normally plays?

okay seeing this now I think I remembered this talking point being the opposite

brainbomb

#3991 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:59 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:26 am
I suppose it's inevitable that interest in this phase has waned
But I do feel like between the Vecna kill and the ND claim there's plenty of stuff to be discussed
I shall turn in for the day but I encourage everyone to post some thoughts rather than simply waiting out the hammer
Indeed, the Vecna kill is the other thing on my mine. Who killed Vecna?

Judge Death is reasonable. Vecna is a respected solver and a legitimate doctor target.

Judge Fear is impossible.

Judge Mortis is impossible.

Judge Fire is possible, but it implies Judge Fire was afraid they would not survive D3. If Vecna was prime and killed by Fire, ND or DrFidelis seem to be the main candidates to be that judge.

Finally, the MMA is possible, and likewise in that case ND or DrFidelis killed Vecna. Given that Fidelis also received a vote on D1, it is more likely ND is MMA. This also works with ND making a fakeclaim because he can reliably draw votes in future phases but still argue he was manipulated by Pa or is an Addictive if Dip flips town.
heres 1

Kakarroto

#3992 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:26 pm

ND wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:39 pm
I won’t have time to post again this phase so here are my thoughts. If I die then I die. Good luck.

-Kotp: No idea. This could be a mechanical thing. It could also be maia obfuscation which my reveal interrupted. Maybe someone who wants to bait visits at night. But, I just don’t know.

Dip&War. Glad he got hammered. GG.

-Ghug/Will/DrF.
DrF. -I caught a scum tell with his vote on me earlier in the game.
Will. -It’s always suspicious when people talk about shielding or avoiding scrutiny of new players; especially serious advocacy for it.
Ghug. -Out of this group most likely to be playing with interests not aligned with town. I caught an instance of him hedging D2.

-Balki/Brain
-Brain. It’s always hard to say. Brain is a good player. I can’t offer a substantial read on him at this time.
-Balki. More problematic. His focus on mechanics, plans, and stuff like that is an easy way for scum to hide. A discussion like that allows people to have the appearance of adding to the game without actually adding to the game. He would be a scum lean for me.

-Snowy/Kak
-Kak/Snowy. I saw a comment from snowy about how I was being ‘mean’ to Kak. I completely disagree and again we see a player falling back on ‘feelings’ as a crutch. It’s not being mean to throw a punch in a game such as forum mafia. Each game is its own thing and the game revolves around statements, evidence, facts. When a player doesn’t draw on the body of evidence and instead uses the low post count of a player or how they ‘feel’ then that is problematic. Why? Because the scum have nothing of value to say and they look for crutches like this to blend in or they try to mimic or vote with the tide (like what DrF did during d1). They don’t produce value. When I point out that Kak doesn’t produce anything of value that is not being mean. That is being factual. Talking about removing someone because they don’t post more on D1 or because of something they said and how that makes you feel isn’t forum mafia. IDK what it is. It’s not mean to criticize someone playing in this way because it means they are either really bad or mafia. I actually don’t think Kak is mafia though just based on his reaction to my claim. He was shocked that his theory didn’t hold water and wanted to do anything to make it work. Anyway, I don’t want to poke too much but it’s more of a bad player than a scum tell if that makes sense. And to wrap this up I would have more of a scum lean on Snowy for promoting this ‘feelings/mean’ stuff.

-Chaqa
-I don’t have much to say other than I have a neutral read on him. He told me in the sign up thread that, ‘thanks for volunteering on being the day 1 kill’ or something like that. He kept his word and mostly targeted me so it’s hard to make any kind of read on that. It’s obvious that he dislikes my politics and has mentioned politics multiple times when that has nothing to do with the game and I have never mentioned politics in this game. He is obviously a very small minded and intolerant person. Truly unable to let go of past grievances and anyone who can’t play a fresh game really has no business playing in a forum game. However, I expect him to be around for years to stink up these games.

Others
I didn't give a read on everyone. Others like Worcej are town cleared. So, anyway if I die then gl.
you not even recognizing makes it even worse.

there was practically no data from you or Fidelis, you both seemed to hide, and that is undoubtly bad for town. No commitment, no connections, nada. This is prime mafia hiding space. This has nothing to do with feelings, this has all to do with facts, but it seems that information just doesn't go into you.

This all lead to you to need to claim, for whatever role you truly are, and I very highly doubt you would refuse to accept that as town.

brainbomb

#3993 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:28 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm
If I die please reread post 3809 where I explain the exact reasons why, and show my work on Will being scum.

In his reads he continuosly lists DipandWar as scum, and steadily keeps pushing players down into his scumreads to artificially move dip further up his list. This is noted in post 3809. During this time you might say "so what, he still scumreads dip, thats not scummy", but what is scummy is continuously and excessively voting alongside dip despite scumreading him, never questioning him directly, never quoting him, never actually talking about him, and then when dip is up for elimination, instantly its "dip is probably innocent". And there is some mention that this was a ploy to pretend to not really think this at all.

I expect I will die here, but will is scum, fidelis is also scum. and killing fidelis is probably more important here in case he is an arsonist.
?? how are you even coming to the idea that you get to be the target of a nk, with two (!!!) possible outed cops and mafia not having much nk power, especially since there are only two people who could be mean machine? And one of them is a cop claimant?
This thought has a big glaring omission within it

Kakarroto

#3994 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:39 pm
youre making alot of spurrious excuses for will who is very clearly mafia here. like there is no way he could have rdr as scum and me as scum without even considering the events that have happened in the game.
I think will is town for how he behaved on D1, in the closing minutes.

Where he was unsure of voting Brian, voting away from him, then instantly voting back onto him. As I said before, I'm convinced will is town because of that

brainbomb

#3995 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:34 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
youre making alot of spurrious excuses for will who is very clearly mafia here. like there is no way he could have rdr as scum and me as scum without even considering the events that have happened in the game.

Where he was unsure of voting Brian, voting away from him, then instantly voting back onto him. As I said before, I'm convinced will is town because of that
A roleblocker is dead so that is good for town, cops can scan and docs can save. without fear of being stopped. What are your thoughts on the angels remaining staff

brainbomb

#3996 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 pm

with 6 scum alive I havent seen you really display a wide view of the game. you spent alot of time on ND. where is your headspace at

Kakarroto

#3997 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
well, I said something about not visiting ND nor Fidelis, for last night, since I believed and still do that the chance that one of them might be that one that kills everyone that visits is high

wasn't listened for ND, but yeah, it is surprising that even when people said they're visiting ND, nobody did that for Fidelis

Kakarroto

#3998 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:34 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:

A roleblocker is dead so that is good for town, cops can scan and docs can save. without fear of being stopped. What are your thoughts on the angels remaining staff
as far as I've seen, mean machine is granted. With overall four angels, two rb's, one scan changer and one 'normal' share the last places. We got an rb angel, which is nice, sure, but I think the scan changer can be more devastating for us, so I hope he really doesn't exist in this game.

If we're lucky, we got the second rb'er and the 'dud', because then we can trust all scans to 100%. And while the rb'er isn't great, he can hurt the other mafia team too. While the scan changer can ONLY hurt town. So I hope we don't have to deal with that.

Kakarroto

#3999 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 pm
with 6 scum alive I havent seen you really display a wide view of the game. you spent alot of time on ND. where is your headspace at
you are blind then

snowy801

#4000 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:58 pm

See y'all on the flip side