Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3901 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:54 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:49 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Reading the Chaqa/Snowy argument:
1. Snowy is right that it was bad play from Chaqa.
2. Snowy is wrong that Chaqa wouldn't do this as town.
3. Snowy is probably right that Chaqa is scum.
4. Chaqa is right that snowy's reaction is over the top.
5. Chaqa is probably right that snowy is scum.
am I right in reading this as you think both might be mafia, but on different teams?
I think it's less likely they'd be on the same team but I'm far from ruling it out.
snowy seemed quite angry. Is he normally someone who would get so riled up?

foodcoats

#3902 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:55 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:20 pm
I really don't know what to think of Will now
It just seems so outlandish to me that brain is scum
you think town-brain would overlook such a simple thought/conclusion?
This is an interesting point about brain

Given how brain also weirdly suggested we should only hunt judges, he is rising in the scum stock exchange.

foodcoats

#3903 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:56 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:52 am
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:15 am
quick question for all players, unrelated to actual game: what do you prefer to be referred to as? I've seen various nicknames, and would like to further ask if there are any general identifiers I or any other players may use?

example: when talking to people, I sometimes refer to them using the word 'mate' (learned from growing up, plus it adds to the pirate bit, plus being gender neutral is nice).
I want to redirect this inquiry to ones of my earlier posts:
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 pm
Salutations, his majesty by God's grace, the emperor of Austria, king of Hungary and Bohemia, of Dalmacia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, Lodomeria and Illyria, King of Jerusalem (honorary only), Archduke of Austria, Greatduke of Toskana (honorary only) and Krakow, Duke of Lotharingia (honorary only), of Salzburg, of Steyer, Carinthia, Krain and the Bukovina, Greatprince to Transylvania, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia (honorary only), of Modena (honorary only), Parma (honorary only), Piacenza (honorary only) and Quastalla (honorary only), of Auschwitz and Zator, of Teschen, Friuli, Ragusa and Zara, princely Earl of Habsburg and Tyrol, Kyburg, Görz and Gradiska, Prince of Trentino and Brixen, Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria, Earl of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg etc., Sir of Trieste, of Cattaro and the Windisch Mark, Great Voivode of the Voivodia Serbia etc. sends his courteous and moreso friendly greetings to his Equals within the world.
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 pm
Furthermore, to simplify the protocol and correspondence, please feel free to use 'Archeduke', 'emperor', 'emperor-king', 'Austria', 'Austria-Hungary' or any similar designation to adress us, our country or our peoples, if you would be so kind.
finding those took much longer than I thought -__-
And if you don't refer to Kakarroto that way, you are committing a hate crime. :lol:

foodcoats

#3904 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:06 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 pm
hey man cool fake reads. I like how you have rdrivera in there who is heavily scumreading me and theres like zero thoughts about why he would be my scum buddy there
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:11 pm
I don’t know if you know this but your maf team isn’t the only maf team XD
that brain post pinged me with that conclusion (in red). I didn't want to take any reactions away from will, but seeing he did, I must say, I find it quite sus from brain to go to that conclusion. It heavily questions my town read from him here, because I think that town brain would not think that way. I mean, sure, I could be wrong, but man, that doesn't look good. Like, the very first thing that came into my mind was 'oh he probably thinks they are on different teams', as will said later. I find it very hard to believe that brain would overlook such a simple conclusion
He thinks rivera is scum
Rivera was roleblocked
Likely not an angel

He thinks I am also scum
I pushed, cased and successfully killed dip (even if the bot doesnt think so)
Also not an Angel

Rdrivera thinks I am scum

So wills scumread means he thinks im
Teamed with rivera as there is no other explanation
Oh, nevermind, brain is town and just ten steps ahead of me lol.

brainbomb

#3905 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:05 pm

:smirk:

brainbomb

#3906 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:19 pm
Balki Note:

Okay, so it’s 9 Town, 7 scum.

I think that if a Cop has a scan that likely gives us a wolf, that cop should claim it today. We need to get this daykill right.

If we don’t have an actionable scan, I think we seriously consider a mass claim. With all of the Cop scans, we’ll actually have a ton of info. I think that is better than trying to succeed in a vote when it’s 9 vs 7.
Notes:

Tiebreak: If it gets to a Final Three of 1 Town, 1 Dark Judge and 1 Angel Gang, then:

If the surviving townie is any kind of COP, the town wins.

If not and the surviving Dark Judge is Judge Death or Judge Fear, the Dark Judges win.

If neither of the above is the case, the Angel Gang wins.

brainbomb

#3907 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:23 pm

I think the next few phases are going to look alot less like mafia and alot more like a courtship process. I dont have a good feeling about this.

foodcoats

#3908 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Balki Note:

I think that if a Cop has a scan that likely gives us a wolf, that cop should claim it today. We need to get this daykill right.

If we don’t have an actionable scan, I think we seriously consider a mass claim. With all of the Cop scans, we’ll actually have a ton of info. I think that is better than trying to succeed in a vote when it’s 9 vs 7.
Notes:

Tiebreak: If it gets to a Final Three of 1 Town, 1 Dark Judge and 1 Angel Gang, then:

If not and the surviving Dark Judge is Judge Death or Judge Fear, the Dark Judges win.

Very good catch, brain.

Brainbomb for mayor. Oust Balki now!

foodcoats

#3909 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:01 pm

My current thinking:

Balki Bartokomous - scum
brainbomb - town
Chaqa - null scummy
damo666 - null
DemonRHK - null townie
Diplomacy&Warfare - haunting scum
DrFidelis - scum
foodcoats - I'm listening
ghug - town
JustAGuyNamedWill - scum
Kakarroto - town
kingofthepirates - null
ND - town
rdrivera2005 - null
snowy801 - null
worcej - town

snowy801

#3910 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Balki Note:

Notes:

Very good catch, brain.

Brainbomb for mayor. Oust Balki now!
What's the catch?

snowy801

#3911 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:02 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:20 pm
I really don't know what to think of Will now
It just seems so outlandish to me that brain is scum
you think town-brain would overlook such a simple thought/conclusion?
Yes?

I think there are hundreds of brain posts to look over that inclines ro town, and your post does not seem that exceptional

Perhaps you could elaborate

snowy801

#3912 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:53 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:38 pm

If Snowy were town he would have unvoted after brain's post like food did.
And now he comes after me because he has nothing to say to his defense
I know this group makes some stupid reads sometimes but if we miss this one then I have 0 hope for this lot
Other than the endhammer, what else makes you so convinced Chaqa is scum?
The endhammer doesn't really matter, that's just a conversational gimmick
His response to the accusation was abysmal, I was already scum reading him and frankly there's only so many people I don't town read at this point

snowy801

#3913 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:32 pm
there is a giant fly buzzing around down here in the basement. its making it very annoying to focus and reread.
Electric fly catchers my guy

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3914 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:40 pm

And now he comes after me because he has nothing to say to his defense
I know this group makes some stupid reads sometimes but if we miss this one then I have 0 hope for this lot
His response to the accusation was abysmal, I was already scum reading him and frankly there's only so many people I don't town read at this point
I think this is kinda just blatantly false and a lie from Snowy?
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?user=snowy*&word=Chaqa&part=d1-&g=87

Before Day 3, his last read on me:
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:09 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:04 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:02 pm
Random reminder to send your thoughts to the God QT
Nah, post your thoughts in the thread instead.
ghug is scum too.

Ok I think that makes Chaqa town, and I have 9 scumreads in 7 scum

@rdrivera @Vecna @RHK your turn to show up, you've had enough time
He did not mention me at all on Day 3. I think his team decided they needed to get me into the miskill pool because potentially they are starting to get nervous.

snowy801

#3915 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm
snowy801 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:04 pm

Nah, post your thoughts in the thread instead.
ghug is scum too.

He did not mention me at all on Day 3. I think his team decided they needed to get me into the miskill pool because potentially they are starting to get nervous.
Yet my last read on ghug is that he is town, while you're quoting a post that claims ghug is scum. Do you realize why?

It's because I did the same to him as I did to you, and he came out looking quite good while you looked terrible. You may note that you two are smack in the middle of my reads at one point (i.e. I had no idea what you guys were) and so my read progression went from you being above ghug and the towniest null to quite below average. There's more to what happened, but I'm just highlighting comments available from your link.

So then, you went out of your way to ISO me, is this really nuance that you're capable of missing? I mean of all the things you've posted in this thread so far that seems most believable, but then I do have to ask what exactly did you garner from reading what I said about you?

Further, if I really were scum, why would I be nervous and trying to expand the miskill pool? There are my good friends desperately trying to add the likes of brain and Will for me among countless examples. I would say I've been actively trying to quell said miskill pool, do you disagree?

Your world view seems very incoherent friend. Please elaborate on how you feel this game is shaping up because I'm not the only one who sees this

[I will further note that it's perfectly plausible that you're angry or omgusing me simply because I was the one to straight j'accuse you, but where does that excuse you not looking at literally anyone else in the last 48 hours? The only real claim you've seem to have made is that Balki is town, and here I get to copy you by posting an unnuanced ISO: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g=87&user=Chaqa]

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3916 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:56 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm
snowy801 wrote:

snowy801 wrote:

ghug is scum too.

Yet my last read on ghug is that he is town, while you're quoting a post that claims ghug is scum. Do you realize why?

It's because I did the same to him as I did to you, and he came out looking quite good while you looked terrible. You may note that you two are smack in the middle of my reads at one point (i.e. I had no idea what you guys were) and so my read progression went from you being above ghug and the towniest null to quite below average. There's more to what happened, but I'm just highlighting comments available from your link.

So then, you went out of your way to ISO me, is this really nuance that you're capable of missing? I mean of all the things you've posted in this thread so far that seems most believable, but then I do have to ask what exactly did you garner from reading what I said about you?

Further, if I really were scum, why would I be nervous and trying to expand the miskill pool? There are my good friends desperately trying to add the likes of brain and Will for me among countless examples. I would say I've been actively trying to quell said miskill pool, do you disagree?

Your world view seems very incoherent friend. Please elaborate on how you feel this game is shaping up because I'm not the only one who sees this

[I will further note that it's perfectly plausible that you're angry or omgusing me simply because I was the one to straight j'accuse you, but where does that excuse you not looking at literally anyone else in the last 48 hours? The only real claim you've seem to have made is that Balki is town, and here I get to copy you by posting an unnuanced ISO: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g=87&user=Chaqa]
Saying my only read is that Balki is town is clearly just false and lazy, but go off fam.

I am simply corroborating your claims. I do not need to do a full re-read of everything you said to find an inconsistency in your post.

I've been clear that I townread Balki, yes, but I also town read brain, scum read DrFidelis and ghug (and D&W before we got him), I was town reading Sweet (rip). I was scumreading ND before he revealed as cop.

Some people like worcej and kotp are probably town simply due to mechanics. Do I need to have a full fledged read on everyone posted every phase, then?

snowy801

#3917 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:09 pm

Saying my only read is that Balki is town is clearly just false and lazy, but go off fam.

I've been clear that I townread Balki, yes, but I also town read brain, scum read DrFidelis and ghug (and D&W before we got him), I was town reading Sweet (rip). I was scumreading ND before he revealed as cop.

Ah, but none of this is true, you see. Since ND came out with his scan the only thing of substance you've had to say on the game is that Balki is town. Strange, is it not?

I am simply corroborating your claims. I do not need to do a full re-read of everything you said to find an inconsistency in your post.

But I do not think this inconsistency exists, you see. This may simply be my own perception and not how it appears to others, but frankly it seems far fetched that you think my read on you appeared from nowhere because "I was desperate to add you to the miskill pool", and your inability to support or address this opinion is notable.

Some people like worcej and kotp are probably town simply due to mechanics. Do I need to have a full fledged read on everyone posted every phase, then?

Generally people opine something every phase, but even if we accept your standards it seems strange that you did not propose any reads.

Honestly, your language makes it seem that you have already made up your mind. You do not seem to care what I have to say or what motivations may lie behind it, and seem entirely content to strictly attack and accuse.

In all our conversations since I opened with the end hammer, you haven't asked me a single question. Striking, isn't it? Why do you think that is? (<- and before you try to weasel out of this by saying I'm just lying again, which to reiterate you just did in your previous post, I did peruse your ISO and saw that this is true and I will quote each and every post you've made this night so try to actually answer for once)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3918 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:09 pm

Ah, but none of this is true, you see. Since ND came out with his scan the only thing of substance you've had to say on the game is that Balki is town. Strange, is it not?
Ah, so you just want me to restate my reads that haven't changed. Understood. Well, I've done so now, so there you go. There were parts of this game before Day 3, and I am not one to blather or write walls of texts generally.
snowy801 wrote:

But I do not think this inconsistency exists, you see. This may simply be my own perception and not how it appears to others, but frankly it seems far fetched that you think my read on you appeared from nowhere because "I was desperate to add you to the miskill pool", and your inability to support or address this opinion is notable.
The only thing I have to go on is your last post on me. The last thing you said about me before our fight was that you townread me, so unless you expect me to be a mind reader or be able to read whatever you're opining on to the god chat or in your mafia chat, I don't see how it is farfetched.
snowy801 wrote:

Generally people opine something every phase, but even if we accept your standards it seems strange that you did not propose any reads.

Honestly, your language makes it seem that you have already made up your mind. You do not seem to care what I have to say or what motivations may lie behind it, and seem entirely content to strictly attack and accuse.

In all our conversations since I opened with the end hammer, you haven't asked me a single question. Striking, isn't it? Why do you think that is? (<- and before you try to weasel out of this by saying I'm just lying again, which to reiterate you just did in your previous post, I did peruse your ISO and saw that this is true and I will quote each and every post you've made this night so try to actually answer for once)
I opined on the relevant information to the day. Day 3 was always going to be about resolving ND's claim, so that is the thing that I discussed. Do you think it is inconsistent for me to be focused on resolving the ND claim and to also not discuss much outside of the ND claim? I don't think it is.

I have made up my mind at least that you are on a witch-hunt. I do not believe you to be a bad player so the most likely thing is that you are mafia. That said, I am also aware I could be in a tunnel and you are not my #1 suspect.

On questions, I think you'll find I'm just not that guy. I make snap judgements based off things I find suspicious or earnest and then I use those to inform my reads. As an example, here's last game, where I was town:

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?user=Chaqa&word=%3F&part=d1-&g=86

I just don't ask people things.

brainbomb

#3919 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm

If I die please reread post 3809 where I explain the exact reasons why, and show my work on Will being scum.

In his reads he continuosly lists DipandWar as scum, and steadily keeps pushing players down into his scumreads to artificially move dip further up his list. This is noted in post 3809. During this time you might say "so what, he still scumreads dip, thats not scummy", but what is scummy is continuously and excessively voting alongside dip despite scumreading him, never questioning him directly, never quoting him, never actually talking about him, and then when dip is up for elimination, instantly its "dip is probably innocent". And there is some mention that this was a ploy to pretend to not really think this at all.

I expect I will die here, but will is scum, fidelis is also scum. and killing fidelis is probably more important here in case he is an arsonist.

snowy801

#3920 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:32 pm

Suppose we take everything you said at face value:

After I initiated multiple people came out agreeing with the view that you are scum

ghug, rdrivera, brainbomb comes to mind

Others suggested null or otherwise, like Will, foodcoats, Kaka

What are your snap judgments regarding their reaction to our interaction?