Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3861 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:13 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:55 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:24 am
Even the Brits.
Even… the French?
You're not wrong, but they tend to not like being reminded that they're the same thing.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3862 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:19 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:11 am
For the bot:

Diplomacy&andWarfare has died. He was the Fink Angel.
Diplomacy&Warfare (no and) I think?

ND

#3863 Post by ND » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 am

I'll try to post some thoughts before eon3

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3864 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 am

Diplomacy&Warfare has died. He was the Fink Angel.

snowy801

#3865 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:43 am

Man Dip is harder to kill than expected

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3866 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:54 am

Diplomacy&Warfare died. He was the Fink Angel.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3867 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 am

I tried to look but I'm Chaqa stoned and it's an impressively large amount of Erlang to sift through.

Kakarroto

#3868 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:06 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:28 pm
As far as the Snowy-Balki thing goes, it didn't even cross my mind at the time I hammered.

Blame me if you want, but eight other people also hammered.

And Snowy is the one who voted Balki.

If Balki is MM and makes a kill tonight, I'm going to just assume snowy is his teammate and this is all scum theater to make me look bad for their plan.
I don't think that whole thing necessarily means you are mafia. I can see you for sure to do this all as town.

I DO however think you could've done that in a better way for us and sending mafia into a longer night was a mistake. So, if you are really town, please think about it more in the future; we had some rushes in the past where we hammered town (see the role madness game where I was so convinced that food was mafia that we hammered him and he was cop), though that time it was at least close to the 24 hour switch. This time, we have two evenings/nights where mafia is in control due to the rush. And we have no real benefit because of it. So reflect on it, because it was a mistake doing that in this way.

Kakarroto

#3869 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:16 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:30 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:26 pm
Kak is mighty pockety this game or idk
Can you explain where you see Kakarroto pocketing?
Well the most recent is p#3739 where he goes over everyone and it feels kind of pockety

On an unrelated note, the player I that of which I am the most terrified of their scum range, Kak is #1
well, just my honest thoughts there. Maybe something about how I deal with people feels pockety, since I'm pretty positive towards people, wanting to have a nice and fun game. Even to ND when he isn't that frustrating and controversial, like when I do the normal thing where I try my best to get information from people and he just totally refuses and fully drives the hostile thing. Maybe it was all an act, and I've calmed down again, but that really got on my nerves and stuff.

Also, you need bona to play again then, bona hardcounters me and always finds out my alignment pretty soon, he has totally figured me out. I also love to play with him, so if I'm mafia I will most likely not drive an early wagon on him or choose him as a night target. I'm very sad that he hasn't played much recently and hope he will come back again soon.

Kakarroto

#3870 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:33 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:21 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:06 pm

The most important thing is that when there is a foregone conclusion for a vote, such as today, we risk losing a lot of momentum and interest in the game. Simply put, a lot of people (like me) get frustrated if we do not have the new info on D&W's alignment when we know it's going to be the end result.

I don't want to waste time analyzing and making theories when D&W's flip could make it all pointless.
So you think ND is now proven cop? I still think ND has chances to be any alignment. He could be lucky other mafia. He could be same mafia with a very risky plan. I think we should've waited and discussed that things, now the day is over and mafia can talk about all that in their chats.

I really don't understand why you couldn't wait a few more hours!
Yeah I'm not here to take the full blame for a hammer that 8 other people participated in.

We killed mafia and you and snowy are acting like it's a bad thing.
no, I don't blame you for the hammer, and yes it is a good thing that we got mafia. What I'm criticising is the timing of it, people have given that to you intentionally, and you didn't wait for the ideal time. It is a smirch on you that could mean that you are actually mafia. I still lean town for you, because I can see town-chaqa do that an stuff, all I say is that mafia-chaqa would love to do that at this point and I'm a little bit more sus of you now.

And if you are town, please try in the future to time it a bit closer to the switch time, because I think we could've figured more out if we waited a little bit.

Kakarroto

#3871 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:06 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:54 pm
Research

Balki at highest point D2
Balki (6) brainbomb, chaqa, diplomacy, justaguynamedwill, snowy801, sweet
sweet (6) Balki, DemonRHK, drFid, kingofpirates, rdrivera, worcej
ND (2) ghug, kak
worcej (2) damo, vecna

(these are not in order of vote, they are in alphabetical, as that is easer without gm vote counts to transfer over from bot to here, if someone has a better way to show vote order please do so)

ND at highest point
ND(5): brainbomb, chaqa, demonrhk, ghug, kak
Sweet(5) (Balki, Dr Fid, kingofpirates, Rdrivera, worcej
Balki (4) DipandWar, JustaguynamedWill, snowy801, sweet
worcej (2) Damo666, vecna

Damo at highest point
Damo (4) DIp and War, Foodcoats, Justaguynamedwill, sweetandcool
ND (2) kak, snowy
Sweet (2) Balki, worcej
Balki (1) brainbomb
foodcoats (1) damo
Dip (1) Chaqa
Unvoted (1) Demon RHK
JustaguynamedWill (1) ghug
Rdrivera (1) Kingofpirates
brainbomb (1) Vecna

Thoughts on this: dipandwar votes and actions seems to imply balki is never on a team with him.
Didn't dip just have great success as scum with a heavy bus strategy?
yes, he was however on the receiving end, at least in the beginning. It could be that he adapted from that, but he ended up on sweet on D1. Since you think Fidelis is town, for whatever reason, that would mean for you he didn't do that on D2 too, at least for the last vote.

I wouldn't put it out of the question like brain did here, but I wouldn't think "oh he must've bussed". Maybe a more indepth analysis is needed, but looking at just the votes on the end, he didn't do a full bus routine.

Kakarroto

#3872 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:46 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm
Also we know for sure that ND was not in fact poisoned at this point, yes?
yes, but i think it doesn't mean too much. I think he could easily make such a claim as mafia too, since he was a potential vote and might've done that just as a gamble anyway.

Kakarroto

#3873 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:49 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Reading the Chaqa/Snowy argument:
1. Snowy is right that it was bad play from Chaqa.
2. Snowy is wrong that Chaqa wouldn't do this as town.
3. Snowy is probably right that Chaqa is scum.
4. Chaqa is right that snowy's reaction is over the top.
5. Chaqa is probably right that snowy is scum.
am I right in reading this as you think both might be mafia, but on different teams?

Jamiet99uk

#3874 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:54 am

Sigh

For the bot:

Diplomacy&Warfare has died. He was Fink Angel.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Kakarroto

#3875 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:03 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:57 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:22 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 pm

My posts are actual thoughts and I really don't get what you are talking about. I have been completely transparent since before game started (I told in sign-up I will be lurking). Look my last game (the mini, in which you were also and you will see I played the exact same way. It's a short read).

By the way, I think you are scum this game.
what are your thoughts on Balki, worcej and Chaqa?

Since we are at night right now, feel free to post it much later at night, or at EoN, but I would very much appreciate your input here on those three
Balki is hard to read and in a game with less NK he have less chance to be NKed which is why I don't usually worry about him first days. I feel him more on the scum side the town side but can't really give a logic explanation.

Worcej is giving me town vibes.

I think Chaqa is scum, his reaction to Snowy looks a lot scum Chaqa pissed with being caught in something he thinks is NAI. Town Chaqa just doesn't give a fuck.
thanks.

do you think ND is cop who has scanned worcej with a not guilty? Or do you think it' possible/likely maf-ND faked that scan?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3876 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:49 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Reading the Chaqa/Snowy argument:
1. Snowy is right that it was bad play from Chaqa.
2. Snowy is wrong that Chaqa wouldn't do this as town.
3. Snowy is probably right that Chaqa is scum.
4. Chaqa is right that snowy's reaction is over the top.
5. Chaqa is probably right that snowy is scum.
am I right in reading this as you think both might be mafia, but on different teams?
I think it's less likely they'd be on the same team but I'm far from ruling it out.

Kakarroto

#3877 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 pm
hey man cool fake reads. I like how you have rdrivera in there who is heavily scumreading me and theres like zero thoughts about why he would be my scum buddy there
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:11 pm
I don’t know if you know this but your maf team isn’t the only maf team XD
that brain post pinged me with that conclusion (in red). I didn't want to take any reactions away from will, but seeing he did, I must say, I find it quite sus from brain to go to that conclusion. It heavily questions my town read from him here, because I think that town brain would not think that way. I mean, sure, I could be wrong, but man, that doesn't look good. Like, the very first thing that came into my mind was 'oh he probably thinks they are on different teams', as will said later. I find it very hard to believe that brain would overlook such a simple conclusion

Kakarroto

#3878 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:20 pm
I really don't know what to think of Will now
It just seems so outlandish to me that brain is scum
you think town-brain would overlook such a simple thought/conclusion?

Kakarroto

#3879 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:20 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:49 am
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:38 am
I'm sorry, my sarcasm scanners are down. this is a joke, yeah? or is it fr?

It's been a long day, so again, if I'm being really stupid, sorry...
If you mean my post, I was joking. I do not get to kill anyone tonight. It does amuse me quite a bit that this was a discussion topic though.

Also, I’ll be hiking to a waterfall during the end of night, so I won’t be able to forecast my scan this evening. I’ll let you all know who it hypothetically was after the phase changes.
contraction theory, anyone?

well, in any case, enjoy your hike and holiday

Kakarroto

#3880 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:52 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:15 am
quick question for all players, unrelated to actual game: what do you prefer to be referred to as? I've seen various nicknames, and would like to further ask if there are any general identifiers I or any other players may use?

example: when talking to people, I sometimes refer to them using the word 'mate' (learned from growing up, plus it adds to the pirate bit, plus being gender neutral is nice).
I want to redirect this inquiry to ones of my earlier posts:
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 pm
Salutations, his majesty by God's grace, the emperor of Austria, king of Hungary and Bohemia, of Dalmacia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, Lodomeria and Illyria, King of Jerusalem (honorary only), Archduke of Austria, Greatduke of Toskana (honorary only) and Krakow, Duke of Lotharingia (honorary only), of Salzburg, of Steyer, Carinthia, Krain and the Bukovina, Greatprince to Transylvania, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia (honorary only), of Modena (honorary only), Parma (honorary only), Piacenza (honorary only) and Quastalla (honorary only), of Auschwitz and Zator, of Teschen, Friuli, Ragusa and Zara, princely Earl of Habsburg and Tyrol, Kyburg, Görz and Gradiska, Prince of Trentino and Brixen, Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria, Earl of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg etc., Sir of Trieste, of Cattaro and the Windisch Mark, Great Voivode of the Voivodia Serbia etc. sends his courteous and moreso friendly greetings to his Equals within the world.
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 pm
Furthermore, to simplify the protocol and correspondence, please feel free to use 'Archeduke', 'emperor', 'emperor-king', 'Austria', 'Austria-Hungary' or any similar designation to adress us, our country or our peoples, if you would be so kind.
finding those took much longer than I thought -__-