Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#1261 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:40 pm

Ok I stopped we can stop talking about it

Kakarroto

#1262 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:41 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:35 pm
sweet is in there twice. at the top and bottom
I didn't even see that, good catch!

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1263 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:41 pm

In which post is he there twice

snowy801

#1264 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:41 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 pm

Scum playing too scummy to be scum?
I kinda liked that post, like it seems to me that d&w got more info about chaqa and reevaluated. What about it is so mafia-esque?
Man, I was briefly tempted to actually go back and try to convince you why Dip is scum. But first, I can't ISO them and I also really don't want to waste more time on a lost cause of a game.

I think Dip is Mafia because their play so far aligns with how I've seen them play as Mafia previously. I think I've seen a couple of posts that were unhelpful sheeping, and a couple posts that look like a lot of "work" but are largely pointless.

What's so impressive about this post? They just acknowledge all the people telling them that Chaqa was joking. Pretty sure they could have just moved onto their next suspect, which I'm pretty sure they've already expressed a strong desire on one or maybe two people, instead of just moving to No-Kill.
You can ISO them by deleting the ID after the &
Like so: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g=87&part=Day%201&user=Diplomacy

sweetandcool

#1265 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:35 pm
ND especially seems to be some continuation of some protest some last game, which makes it difficult for me to interpret beyond that he's being deliberately obtuse
I'm guessing he is just using the same scum tactic he used a couple games ago where he insulted everybody so aggressively that some people thought he couldn't possibly be Mafia (he did get voted out, but it was a semi-effective tactic).

This game he knows that nobody can actually read his behavior because it is devoid of real content, so similarly he is stopping some people from voting him simply because they can't do so thanks to no alignment information being provided.

Or he could have simply joined the game simply to troll us.

But really, he hasn't given us a way to divine his alignment, and I think there are bigger fish to fry currently.

Kakarroto

#1266 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:50 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:27 am
Kak is town.

Ham is probably town.

Balki must really be Mafia.

Therefore, ##VOTE Darg
please explain the exact reason why you are sure on page 12 that I'm town
Because you didn't post your opening flavour post. Which you would never miss. Which meant that weren't around, which meant you weren't in prechat, which meant you were Town.
and you never even fathomed, that it is possible, that I missed the start because out of game reasons? Like, that MUST make me town? Even if I had no chance to read my role PM?

sweetandcool

#1267 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:55 pm

Thanks snowy, that's really helpful.

Okay, so thoughts on Dip:

1. His long post on mechs is interesting because it probably took a lot of work to construct that post and I think effort does make Town alignment more likely.

2. He immediately decides that Chaqa is scum because Chaqa made the "nacho cop" joke. While it's plausible he didn't realize it was a joke, his reaction is over the top. Dip is not an idiot, but this reaction is pretty silly and seems incredibly disingenuous.

3. On page 30 he finally realized Chaqa was joking and acknowledges it.

4. Does some more mech talk that is much less impressive than his original post.

5. Finally on page 46 he finally moves off of Chaqa and onto No-Kill. Did he forget that Chaqa was joking?!?!

6. Sheeps onto sweetandcool wagon. And seems to also be randomly railing against Will, which I think is also a sheeping symptom. He sees some anti-Will sentiment and exploits it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of this was probably posted in bias, but I specifically think his reaction towards Chaqa's joke is very compelling evidence that he is Mafia.

sweetandcool

#1268 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:57 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:50 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm

please explain the exact reason why you are sure on page 12 that I'm town
Because you didn't post your opening flavour post. Which you would never miss. Which meant that weren't around, which meant you weren't in prechat, which meant you were Town.
and you never even fathomed, that it is possible, that I missed the start because out of game reasons? Like, that MUST make me town? Even if I had no chance to read my role PM?
Dude, how serious did that post look to you?

Why is everyone acting so dense this game?!?!

Anyways, I am glad you are okay, I was really concerned for you.

Just fucking vote me, I'm sick of sane players acting insanely.

Kakarroto

#1269 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:58 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:18 pm
I didn't care to play this game in the first place and I'm disappointed that I wasted my time last night, but I guess I can't resist. Luckily, since I'm not feeling invested I really don't care if I am the D1 MK, but I should point out you all have put me out D1 in quite a lot of the recent games.

Somehow me reexaming the evidence and being mature enough to admit I'm probably wrong about Balki is somehow scummy.

Brainbomb is 1000% scum this game. Dip seems pretty bad too, but his ISO doesn't work so I'm not bothering making a case on him right now.

I'm mad at ghug for his BS vote, and rdr for making tired racist comments and then not addressing it.

What a crock.

I'm not changing this vote, because it is correct, and that's the most I can do: ##VOTE brainbomb
hmmm

how big are the odds that sweet and brain are both angels and sweet voting brain now for the nk?

hmmm ...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1270 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:05 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:22 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:19 pm
Frankly, if I were scum I'm already considering subtle changes to my profile picture to signal to each other during the game, regardless of the intent of Will's changes
Please flesh out this theory about how scum might use their profile pictures to signal to each other. Why would you be considering that if you were scum?
Signaling game information with a PFP change was done in a recent game. It is explicitly banned.

Changing your profile picture was not explicitly banned, since people like to have fun, but this will have to change if it continues to be an issue.

Will has stopped, so let's just move on. (I understand the irony of my quoting a pages-old post to say this).

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1271 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:05 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:58 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:18 pm
I didn't care to play this game in the first place and I'm disappointed that I wasted my time last night, but I guess I can't resist. Luckily, since I'm not feeling invested I really don't care if I am the D1 MK, but I should point out you all have put me out D1 in quite a lot of the recent games.

Somehow me reexaming the evidence and being mature enough to admit I'm probably wrong about Balki is somehow scummy.

Brainbomb is 1000% scum this game. Dip seems pretty bad too, but his ISO doesn't work so I'm not bothering making a case on him right now.

I'm mad at ghug for his BS vote, and rdr for making tired racist comments and then not addressing it.

What a crock.

I'm not changing this vote, because it is correct, and that's the most I can do: ##VOTE brainbomb
hmmm

how big are the odds that sweet and brain are both angels and sweet voting brain now for the nk?

hmmm ...
Two of Balki/brain/sweet are paired. I just honestly can’t decipher which ones

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1272 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:08 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 pm
I would prefer to see a deeper impression anyone has on King, dip, and ND if anyone is particularly inclined
King gives me "I don't know what I'm doing and I don't care" vibes that I think are less likely to come after pregame scumchat and less likely to come from new scum generally.

Dip is skeeving me out but in a way that makes me think he's town.

ND is null and should die.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1273 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:10 am
Quick darg! Read on brain!
I've held this quote back since I wanted to see if darg reacts to that, which he didn't, or at least I haven't seen it, but he did post more reactions and also had a conversation with brain, so

@darg, what is your read on brain right now?
Are you insinuating anything here?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1274 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Please keep any GM feedback out of this thread. Send a DM. Thanks.
+1able comment.

Kakarroto

#1275 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:51 pm
Also, I don't know about y'all, but I learned geography from webDiplomacy, not school.
when I was around eight, I could tell most US states with their captials, most europe nations with their captials, some south american nations with their capitals, plus the 'big' other nations, like canada, mexico, australia, brazil (I did come into a heated discussion with my elementary teacher who didn't want to realize that Rio de Janeiro isn't the capital anymore); plus many african and asian nations, though most not their capitals.

All due to some very interesting atlas collection/volumes

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1276 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:51 pm
Also, I don't know about y'all, but I learned geography from webDiplomacy, not school.
when I was around eight, I could tell most US states with their captials, most europe nations with their captials, some south american nations with their capitals, plus the 'big' other nations, like canada, mexico, australia, brazil (I did come into a heated discussion with my elementary teacher who didn't want to realize that Rio de Janeiro isn't the capital anymore); plus many african and asian nations, though most not their capitals.

All due to some very interesting atlas collection/volumes
Parents taught me how to say big words with the us states

After that i just picked up a love for geography

Could name basically all the countries by 8 and can do most capitals now

Not the capitals of island nations tho lmao

Kakarroto

#1277 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:32 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 pm
I would prefer to see a deeper impression anyone has on King, dip, and ND if anyone is particularly inclined
kings post felt hard to read (which is NAI) and I don't saw anything that really pinged me for either side, so pretty null

dip's play felt a bit awkward, I think it was Will who said it, kinda not knowing what to do, lost. I do lean a little bit into town on the slot, and I disagree with food and ... was it chaqa? Or brain? who agreed with food that the post of him was 'too mafia to be mafia'.

ND's schtick was pretty baffling, he tuned it down a bit, but did nothing else, so I kinda feel like he is hiding with all this, even if it seems to be a joke with the references to 'uwu' and stuff that was talked about in some previous game ... if I don't remember wrong? Not sure what alignment, but I feel like he does that to not get voted out. Which, fair, he draws some heat with his normal posting. Maybe he just wanted to try to be much more sunny and shiny? But whatever the reason, I saw no solve, or trying to solve, from him.

so I'd say, if we rank it for alignment, starting with mafia, it would be ND>king>d&w, but all kinda close to the null meridian, nothing really conclusive.

brainbomb

#1278 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:35 pm

my daughter got sent home from daycare now, sick again this time with a fever of 103.

I have one more meeting today also and its til 345 so I may miss EOD now due to real life.

Kakarroto

#1279 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 pm

Scum playing too scummy to be scum?
I kinda liked that post, like it seems to me that d&w got more info about chaqa and reevaluated. What about it is so mafia-esque?
Man, I was briefly tempted to actually go back and try to convince you why Dip is scum. But first, I can't ISO them and I also really don't want to waste more time on a lost cause of a game.

I think Dip is Mafia because their play so far aligns with how I've seen them play as Mafia previously. I think I've seen a couple of posts that were unhelpful sheeping, and a couple posts that look like a lot of "work" but are largely pointless.

What's so impressive about this post? They just acknowledge all the people telling them that Chaqa was joking. Pretty sure they could have just moved onto their next suspect, which I'm pretty sure they've already expressed a strong desire on one or maybe two people, instead of just moving to No-Kill.
I never said it was impressive. I said this post doesn't seem much like mafia to me. Whereas two other people pointed this post out as 'extremely mafia', so much, that it was 'too much mafia'.

I saw it as a short nod of "ok, I've been wrong, look somewhere else", which indicates a slight town lean to me.

Also, for someone who accuses others to misrepresent you, you didn't really represent what I did say, but changed what I said. Like "I kinda liked that post, what is mafia about it?" to you asking "what's so impressive?" Which, come to think about it, was kinda my question towards food about it, kinda "what is so impressive that it is too mafia to be mafia" which he didn't answer as far as I've seen (though I'm a bit behind still).

Now, if you would be in my position, seeing someone who accuses others of misrepresenting their point but doing it themselves to others, what would you think?

worcej

#1280 Post by worcej » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:46 pm

Unpopular opinion: I refuse to D1 sweet again after it’s happened like 3 times in recent games.