M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

#1261 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:42 pm

Im looking at the voting history right now and I dont quite know what to make of it

brainbomb

#1262 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:44 pm

Page 1
Damo votes worcej
Kak calls damo scummy for it
i defend damo for it

Reasoning by kak is that damo is hoping to prompt worcej to
Claim

What is your interpretation of this event.

brainbomb

#1263 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:46 pm

This event is why I townread damo and scumread kak from early on.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1264 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:44 pm
Page 1
Damo votes worcej
Kak calls damo scummy for it
i defend damo for it

Reasoning by kak is that damo is hoping to prompt worcej to
Claim

What is your interpretation of this event.
Worcej would not claim after 1 page and 1 vote so Kak is tripping here

brainbomb

#1265 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:49 pm

If I were mafia with kak I am never showing up page 1 to hard defend fucking damo against my only teammate.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1266 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:50 pm

Brainbomb I understand the case on Kak but I’m waiting for a certain somebody to do something

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1267 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:52 pm

I think three of the five people, and three of four unclears being absent is not a good sign

brainbomb

#1268 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:03 pm

Lets fast forward to end of day resume

Day 1
Worcej was voting you til claim
Then moved to Jamie
Said later he was just going to vote for highest poster no matter what.
I didnt know chaqa was in this game

D&W put you at a 3 in the lead.
His own wagon was a 2 with kak and ghug on it.
When you claimed he moved off

Brainbomb was never voting you
Called out when you became top wagon
Alerted people and then moved off kak onto jamie.
Tried to move back to kak in time

Kak stayed silent, on d&w and did not have an end of day presence.

My actions got jamie killed, and saved d&w and contributed to awareness that you were doc and could die.

Knowing what you know now, the argument I was trying to tie it is only relevant if im scum with kak. And based on my page 1 actions:

Once again, I would never hard defend damo vs my scum buddy in a 9 player game with 2 mafia. The sheer flurry of activity it would point to us would make it bad play.

brainbomb

#1269 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:04 pm

The list of dead players I had townreads on is equal to the list of players I scumread who I got wrong

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1270 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 pm

Ok, but your actions to get Jamie killed got him killed over, say, a worcej or Kak.

And the argument at the beginning could be a distancing tactic.

So I still am not sure

brainbomb

#1271 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:17 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 pm
Ok, but your actions to get Jamie killed got him killed over, say, a worcej or Kak.

So I still am not sure
Right. But I stopped going after jamie most of the day and hunted the literal rest of the game. My play only circled back to him when end of day he became completely ridiculous

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1272 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:17 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 pm

So I still am not sure
Right. But I stopped going after jamie most of the day and hunted the literal rest of the game. My play only circled back to him when end of day he became completely ridiculous
Fair enough

brainbomb

#1273 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 pm

Day 2
Damo claims guilty on rdr
i just watched my top scumread die, someone who I was certain was mafia with kak. Suddenly im like well okay, I guess damo is cop with a guilty.

I dont remember reactions to my move but d&w was odd in how he processed it and seemed annoyed I kept kak in my scumreads and said it was bizarre

i also noted d&w potentially way too fast scripted reply to kaks scumread of him.

I had to ponder these things about if d&w is scum and damo wanted to see my queries replied too at least.

This is not to shade d&w here but should illustrate I was always curious about him and was trying to play out the what ifs of it

brainbomb

#1274 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:30 pm

Going into today I can see reasons why all three are scum and im singularly focused on gambits, reckless aggressive play to get answers so I can kill both of these mother fuckers and redeem my shitty first two phases.

I dont play badly because I want to suck

Diplomacy&Warfare

#1275 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:32 pm

I can't consistently be on for an hour and post 5-10 times. I have been gone for about 10 hours and will be on erratically for the next 2-3 hours. So, I'm going to post a couple hundred words. We'll see where this goes.

Will (who everyone, in case you forgot, should listen to as he is verifiably town and also will not be able to help us after N3 even if we get a scum dayvotekill) has posted some very interesting stuff that made me reconsider.
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:39 pm
Theoretical Possible Pairs:

Kak-Brain:

I find this a likely pairing. Kak seemed to be setting up brain for a potential doc claim which may have not worked only because of Brain’s abscence at EOD. I find this even more likely because they keep voting together. Kak’s deathtunnel onto DW is also an easy alibi for not voting brain today if brain does happen to flip scum today.

Kak- DW

This is almost an impossible pairing. At least one has to be town, I just don’t think this pairing is possible at all

Kak- Buncej

I find that Kak bussing Bunny here when DW is a choice for Kak that is within his norm is weird. Implausible pairing.

Brain- DW

The only two people brain has not voted this game are damo the cop and DW. I find this to be somewhat plausible.

Brain- Buncej

I also find this to be somewhat plausible, as brain is nearly tunnelling Bunny. Brain told me himself a while ago that as scum he is not great and likes to sacrifice himself for his teammates benefit. That would fit a Brain Bunny pair.

DW-Buncej

Somewhat plausible. If it isn’t Kak Brain, it is most likely DW Buncej. DW is not mafia with Kak, at least one is town. Is voting one of DW/Kak really smart with this in mind?

All 3 pairings with brain seem to be plausible. DW has 2 plausible pairings, Buncej has 2, Kak has 1 (even tho it’s the pairing I think is actually true)

IMG_0613.jpeg

Now I’m not a huge math guy, Mason, but the numbers show brain is statistically the best flip atm to me.

##VOTE BRAIN

I hope I’m right about this.
Kak-brain is an interesting theory. The main reason I am reluctant to believe this is because it leaves bunny/worcej as town, and I very strongly think bunny is scum here. Then again, this may be a repeat of the jamiet scandal and so I will consider this.

Kak-me: Bunny is either mildly insane or scum for thinking this is the pairing. Kak would have been busing me the entire f***ing game, which is ridiculous.

Kak-bunny: This is the main theory I was convinced of. Will makes a good point though, and as I trust will (see above) I will take this into consideration

Brain-me: Huh. Thinking about it now, I suppose that brain-me would be a possible pairing. I never thought about this pairing and I don't recall anybody else suggesting it.

Brain-bunny: Possible, definitely worth considering. This theory would make kak town, which I think is possible but unlikely given the excessive tunneling of me.

Me-bunny: This theory leaves us mutually bussing, which I suppose could be possible or a method of getting kak, town again in this theory, to be voted out via our mutual theories involving kak as scum alongside the other. Bunny as scum with me should probably be doing a worse job of arguing with me so as to be effectively bussed. From the perspective of a fifth party (ie will) this would be possible but unlikely.

I will consider the bunny-brain and kak-brain theories, and will return in a few hours.

One other thing I wanted to do:
From the perspective of the four unclears, each as town, here is what is (or should be) happening:

Brain should know that kak-me is impossible and that therefore bunny must be scum with one of us.

Kak should know that me-bunny is unlikely and suspect either a me/brain or a bunny/brain, therefore voting brain.

Bunny should know that me-kak is impossible and that therefore brain is scum with one of us.

I don't know, as the two unlikely pairings (me-kak due to perpetual bussing and me-bunny due to mutual and inefficient bussing) both involve me and any three pairings between kak-bunny, kak-brain and brain-bunny could be possible.

I have come to the conclusion that I have no easy way of figuring out who the scum is here. Will seems to thing brain is scum, so in absence of a better idea I will vote brain until I return.
PS: I don't see any reason to endvote this as I am not certain of who is scum.
PS^2: Please snip all of this post except the part you are responding to, and do that same for other long posts. Long quotes clog up the thread.

brainbomb

#1276 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:34 pm

Kak and you isnt impossible. Kak busses every game hes scum.

He would have to beleive you were just so bad at the game and so obvious that you were never gonna survive long term. Would he stay the course this long? I consider it less likely but not impossible

brainbomb

#1277 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 pm

Bussing in this setup is probably very useful too. The fact we know mafia used the vote manipulation result on rdrivera means that they were not worried about being scanned

Id think d&w would be very concerned about being scanned if he was scum n1

brainbomb

#1278 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 pm

I also wouldve been in a very dire position as scum n1 that I wouldve been a prime scan choice as well

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1279 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 pm

Quick question dip, what is your mafia universe account name

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1280 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 pm

Also why does dip keep bringing up the jamie thing, its just him and its consistent