M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

#841 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:20 pm

I’ll say I have submitted a cop scan and objectively believe a cop scan is far superior than a doctor save here

worcej

#842 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:23 pm

It’s 4-2 currently with an un’cced doctor claim.

By going with a cop scan, this forces scum to have to potentially kill outside of will and keeps a un’cced PR going into the next phase.

If scum miss the cop, the cop can claim with a scan and it becomes far more likely to kill scum and town wins.

Damo ignoring this logic and pushing for a doctor save 100% scums him for me.

worcej

#843 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:29 pm

The doctor action is also the least efficient option for the remaining town.

We have to submit a save in the group of 6 players and it could most likely be targeting a scum player.

The cop scan action is best because each town player has a pool of 4 (in case of will 5) because you don’t need to submit a scan of will or yourself, as you know those alignments. This makes it so the cop could theoretically have a 50% shot of hitting scum.

Also, again, it puts urgency on the scum to find the cop in the group of 3 potential targets. Any cop scan results would devastatingly swing the likelihood of a win in town’s favor.

Again, Damo should already know all of this and pushing for a doctor save is the best interest of scum. He is scum. QED mofo’s.

worcej

#844 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:31 pm

And yeah, my math could be wrong on the 50% because the cop could scan themselves, but still if the cop lives and we have 2 PR claims into the next phase, we are solidly setup with information going into KiLo

worcej

#845 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:45 pm
I guess it's fairly obvious.

I hardclaim cop with a GUILTY on rdr.

I voted to copscan rdr so either somebody else also voted to scan rdr or I broke a tie by virtue of being the cop.

Of course it is a just possible mafia guessed the copscan target but it seems very unlikely to me so we just have to kill rdr. (In the unlikely and unfortunate event rdr is town we would have the benefit of two town clears and the knowledge that we're playing with a tricky scumpair).

I see no reason to not end now.

There is no disadvantage to a long night. Indeed I would argue it gives an advantage because it gives us more time to digest and analyse the result.

Vote rdr and end
like, how are we even listening to him anymore with this shit? Lol

Diplomacy&Warfare

#846 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 pm

Someone please tell me who did this to worcej.... they are suggesting we vote out damo, who has been cleared. Also, "I had a busy weekend" is not a good reason for playing badly - if you make the commitment to playing, then don't fulfill that time commitment, that's on you. This is at best very, very bad town play and probably mafia play.

worcej

#847 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Let’s entertain the fact that damo is cop and the scum correctly got lucky that the cop scan fired off on rdr, thus was inverted.

This would finger one of kak or BB immediately to me because they are the only ones would know that rdr is commonly selected for PR actions. I didn’t read the setup closely, but I am fairly confident that scum cannot influence the PR actions and only town players can. Of the two, I believe BB to be the better candidate of scumness.

FWIW, N1 I submitted a cop scan vote for BB as target. D&W claims a scan too, but not rdr. Ghug could’ve done scan on rdr - it would make sense.

worcej

#848 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 pm
Someone please tell me who did this to worcej.... they are suggesting we vote out damo, who has been cleared. Also, "I had a busy weekend" is not a good reason for playing badly - if you make the commitment to playing, then don't fulfill that time commitment, that's on you. This is at best very, very bad town play and probably mafia play.
He is un’cced, not cleared yet.

worcej

#849 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 pm
I want to pull a Jaime and tell you off here because it’s pathetic to imply I am using real life as an excuse for poor play. If I play poorly, it’s because I am playing poorly regardless of time.

Real life > an internet forum game.

worcej

#850 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:44 pm

And if you think I would play poorly as scum here and trip on my own dick with lack of information, you clearly don’t know my meta.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#851 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:47 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm
Let’s entertain the fact that damo is cop and the scum correctly got lucky that the cop scan fired off on rdr, thus was inverted.

This would finger one of kak or BB immediately to me because they are the only ones would know that rdr is commonly selected for PR actions. I didn’t read the setup closely, but I am fairly confident that scum cannot influence the PR actions and only town players can. Of the two, I believe BB to be the better candidate of scumness.

FWIW, N1 I submitted a cop scan vote for BB as target. D&W claims a scan too, but not rdr. Ghug could’ve done scan on rdr - it would make sense.
If damo wasn't cop, the real cop would've come out by now and revealed themselves, in doing so revealing damo as mafia. If damo is cop, then mafia definitely correctly guessed the copscan of rdr.

The mafia can influence PR actions. Aside from the reversed PR thing, they can choose one player and change who that player votes for being targeted by a PR, but not which PR's action that player votes for.
This means that scum probably guessed you, me, or someone else who was voting copscan on someone and changed it, allowing them to break a tie. That would require at least one other player to vote copscan rdr though, or for them to change damo's vote to rdr so the cop vote would tiebreak.

worcej

#852 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:49 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:47 pm
worcej wrote:

If damo wasn't cop, the real cop would've come out by now and revealed themselves, in doing so revealing damo as mafia. If damo is cop, then mafia definitely correctly guessed the copscan of rdr.

The mafia can influence PR actions. Aside from the reversed PR thing, they can choose one player and change who that player votes for being targeted by a PR, but not which PR's action that player votes for.
This means that scum probably guessed you, me, or someone else who was voting copscan on someone and changed it, allowing them to break a tie. That would require at least one other player to vote copscan rdr though, or for them to change damo's vote to rdr so the cop vote would tiebreak.
Incorrect on the CC - it would come EoN to possibly get another scan off.

worcej

#853 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:52 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:47 pm
worcej wrote:

Again, you’re assuming that scum got lucky on guessing Rdr and even luckier on picking one of us to vote rdr over the rest of the herd?

Probably is an issue with game size, but if this all did happen, then the setup was pretty scumsided with the ability to influence the actions so easily in a game with such short amount of phases.

worcej

#854 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:55 pm

worcej wrote:

I also already covered this discussion already - BB or Kak have to be scum here because they're legacy players would would know that rdr had good odds of being targeted with a cop action.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#855 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:58 pm

Welp i guess the safe bet is to kill brain.

Who woulda thought?

worcej

#856 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:01 pm

"Clears"
Will
damo

"Unknowns"
BB
D&W - N1 Cop scan himself
Kak
worcej - N1 Cop scan BB

It's unlikely rdr voted for a cop scan of himself on N1.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#857 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:02 pm

I night one voted for a doc save of me per ghug’s request

JustAGuyNamedWill

#858 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 pm

At this point no one has counter claimed my doc status. If anyone were to do so now or later, it is extremely obvious that they are the mafia and were trying to set something up.

The real doc would’ve sacrificed themself to get me killed.

If they cc at KiLo, then it is obvious they are mafia.

So atm I am the only true clear, because its possible damo could be lying.

damo666

#859 Post by damo666 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:31 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 pm
At this point no one has counter claimed my doc status. If anyone were to do so now or later, it is extremely obvious that they are the mafia and were trying to set something up.

The real doc would’ve sacrificed themself to get me killed.

If they cc at KiLo, then it is obvious they are mafia.

So atm I am the only true clear, because its possible damo could be lying.
If I were lying the real cop could cc. :eyeroll:

damo666

#860 Post by damo666 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:39 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:26 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:33 pm

Re-reading my post, I realize it might be seen as passive aggressive. That's not my intention. My intention is to point out that your list is very innacurate.
##UNEND
Btw N1 I voted copscan=me.
Please no one reveal
I assume you mean N2. I said that during Night 1 I voted copscan me.
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 pm
D&W was putting worcej as even townier than themself on their reads.

So I dunno; worcej needs to play
That was before rdr died and damo got cleared. I do agree, though, that worcej needs to play.
damo666 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:50 pm
My order of paring from most likely downwards

bra wor
bra kak
wor kak
bra d&w
wor d&w
kak d&w
On a reread I've eliminated the pairings in red.

This indicates worcej MUST BE SCUM.

I think it's

wor bra > wor kak >>>>>>> wor dip

We must kill worcej tomorrow.

Any body who doesn't vote worcej tomorrow should be suspected. That is, I am forcing worcej partner to bus.

With regard to the night votes, as scum now know both PRs, they can mess with my scan and redirect Will's save, so we are pretty useless. However, don't forget it's compulsory even though it's useless.

Presumably the next two night kills will be me and Will so assuming worcej is tomorrow's kill we will be going into D4 with bra, dip & kak. I think a lot of weight will be on your shoulders to make the right choice dip!
Can I inquire why you removed the ones in red? Are you removing them because you're sure worcej is scum or are there other reasons?

Night PR vote submitted.
The ones in red I eliminated due to a reread taking into account interreactions. It just so happens all the remaining ones include worcej, hence worcej must be scum. I didn't pre-assume worcej was scum.