Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#1961 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:21 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:19 pm
All caught up and wow a lot of posts made absolutely no impact on me
Gonna updates some reads soon
This is why I am going backwards lol…

Jamiet99uk

#1962 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:26 pm

This is my last post of N1.

I have answered every one of the many questions directed at me.

I participated fully in the mechanical night action system which, I believe, Mafia would try to avoid.

I voted at EoD to break a last-minute tie, which as scum I could just have coasted and left things tied.

I am routinely scumread D1. This is no different.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

sweetandcool

#1963 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:14 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:50 pm

Yes I am answering from that point.
Oh, okay. I guess your explanation is that you started scum reading him stronger. I'm just wondering where I lie in your scumreads, then.
Currently rising slowly.
Ah, like a delicious meat pie in the oven.

worcej

#1964 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm

that for whatever reason would appear to be the only stance of any kind he took so far was that frog should be above even being looked at
What about the stance that you or Jamie should die? Does that not count?
a total cop out basically.
Do you think I am that bad of player to need a cop out if I was scum on D1?

Serious question

sweetandcool

#1965 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:19 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:58 pm
worcej ISO really reinforces my gut that he is mafia.
Interesting. So I read it and I came to the usual conclusion that I can't really read him. He mostly didn't do anything notable except his townread of Frog. He doesn't strike me as the type to be impressed like that, but I just don't see a scum motivation for him to lie.

The only thing that would make him more likely scum to me is if the top wagons were all town when he voted Chaqa.

So I townlean him, but not sure.
I’m curious what makes me hard to read, but you can tell me post-game if you remember this.
I think this is the third game in a row I've said this about you.

There is no tangible reason, I just can't get a bead on you.

foodcoats

#1966 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Notes:

Top town for me are now brainbomb and Kakarroto. I think that Kakarroto’s resistance to massclaim is very authentic and townie. Conversely I think Bob and Chaqa “no fun” resistance was sus. Brainbomb is catching so much good stuff and is probably most valuable town right now.

Brain’s analysis of Jamie has me rethinking Jamie. The more Neph writes the less townie he feels. They have slipped into a space I need to pay attention to. Bob also needs more analysis, clean of my focus on the lfischl debate and the mechanics.

Sweet is very sheepy in all their reads and I think this is scummy. They don’t seem to have any ideas of their own. They are a top scum for me. They could be scum with Neph, as they slightly aggro each other.

I didn’t pay much attention to HB during the day but reading him now he feels quite “thin;” I find this scummy. He needs more attention. He is my number two “off the cuff end of night” scum with Sweet.

BK3K strikes me as authentic and townie. Could be an act. Null for now and needs attention.

I am not sure what to think of Frogster. It does kind of feel like fake-townieness. Hence scumminess. I need to dig into Frog’s iso.

I don’t really have a read either way on bozo or damo, despite promoting a pro town mechanical approach. I need to look at them more carefully but off the cuff they ping town.

There is something about heartthrob that feels townie. Not sure about lfischl. Both need to be looked at harder.

We need to see more from Chaqa, D&W, and baby. I lean scum on Chaqa, believe townslip on baby for now. I feel confident worcej is going to be more active tomorrow and that will help sort him.

Bunny shoots under my radar, his drunk thing was a weird act and I worry about him being sly scum.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1967 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:57 pm

There’s no way I am catching up on all of this. I think I’m running with a lacklustre VCA of D1 and look forward through to D2.

brainbomb

#1968 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:58 pm

If I die do not let damo live past day 4.

BunnyGo

#1969 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:58 pm
If I die do not let damo live past day 4.
Oooh. Hot take
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1970 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:59 pm

I went along with the group orders.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Kakarroto

#1971 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:59 pm

I actually do feel that I have a higher chance of being the nk target tonight. Well, lets see if I'm just imagining things. Also I really should have a good look not to post too late, did set my alarm just in case.

babyspice666 - haven't done much, but there are some good town signs in there. Not totally convinced, but feels pretty good for now.

BK3K - claims to not be able to follow the thread. Might be true, but can pretty easily just be his maf-tactic. Can't allow him to go far in the game if not a major change occurs. Should get lots of pressure in the next day(s).

BobMcBob - seemed very quiet and uncontroversial, kinda like mafia trying to lay low. He has some good moments though and I awarded him big townpoints for some of his thoughts. His comments about the directed system though felt a bit off. Not his decision to be against, but the how and why he comes to that makes me wonder. More checking can't hurt, but I think I wouldn't vote him tomorrow.

bozotheclown - seems fine enough, but nothing really screaming town to me. His stated thoughts aren't looking too bad. If town, probably the highest percentage for being the nk-target in this game. If he survives to D3, D4, question him heavily.

Brainbomb - pretty sure we have town-brainbomb. There is this little doubt, this smidge, but it's mostly what I saw at the later part of D1 and it's pretty minor. I would say brain is currently in my top 3 town reads.

BunnyGo - I like his posts, they seem to come from a genuine place. There is good reasoning behind and he asks good questions. Wouldn't want to vote for Bunny tomorrow, oh no. Not in my top 3 townread, but I think I see him in my top 5 or around that.

Chaqa - hmm, not too sure. I small townlean, I'd say. He should do more though, if he is town, I hope he gains motivation with the result of his action. Remind him often that he needs to do more. Give him some push if necessary. He can be a great asset for town, but he shouldn't be given too much leeway to rest.

Damo666 - quiet, calm. Not saying too much. Feels like he is waiting for something. Could be hiding. Possibility of being mafia not low. But PR damo could act that way. Not sure of his alignment, keep him in mind and don't forget he's in the game. If town he should do something soon. Should as in "will" AND as in "supposed".

Diplomacy&Warfare - well, not much here. null. don't let this slot get too far into the game without sorting it out.

foodcoats - pretty strange, pretty picky of what he answers or what he reacts to, corrects small insignificant definitions with big fervour but makes unthoughtful rough definitions himself. Shows no doubt in the system, in the people who suggested the system, it appears to me as if he has more information than he should have. There are lots of sign he could be mafia. Actually there are so many that I begin to doubt he would play that way as mafia. Still, I have a bad feeling and if he isn't fully cleared tomorrow, he should be considered for the vote.

Frogsterking - my supposed target for the directed system. I'm pretty confident frog is town. Has solid reasoning and asks some nice questions, though he did have a dip down in participation during night. Might be because weekend is over, might be frog isn't used to night chat for all. Might be frog was furious trying to find good fake claims in maf chat. Wouldn't want to vote him with current knowledge since he is in my top 3 town.

Hamilton Brian - is hard for me to read. Haven't seen any major maf-tell. Is that a town-tell for Brian? Maybe. Treat with care, maybe scan if possible. But I'm not too sure I can read him properly.

heartthrob24909 - more quiet than I'm used to. Nothing major, and maybe it's just that this game gets so big so fast. But I'm missing the thing that makes me say 'this is town heart'. Needs more engagement.

Jamiet99uk - I'd put jamie in my top 5 town reads. There is a bit of hesitance of putting him higher, but I feel pretty good here. I am however aware of brains case and I said I'll have a revisit and reread of Jamie. It's just so much has happened I didn't come to that yet. If I live, probably tomorrow, though I'm a bit short on time, but I do my best. If I die before that, read for yourself and come to your honest conclusion. But right now, I'll keep jamie up on here.

lfischl - he's good at hiding due to naturally low engagement. Force him to participate. Scan him. Vote him to get his reads and opinion. Currently too low info, need more. But nothing that screams mafia.

Nephthys - towny enough. I would enjoy more engagement though, more questioning of other players, more posts. Not too concerned that this slot is mafia. But doing more is always better. (Well most often and not always, but in this case doing more IS definitely better.)

sweetandcool - feel pretty good about sweet. Don't vote this guy out if you aren't absolutely sure he is mafia. He's one of my top 3 town, but I have to admit, it is a very big vibe and feels thing. I haven't looked for factual reasons that he is town because he looks town to me. So please keep that in mind.

Worcej - I think worcej is ok. Should do more, but I see no big mafia tell. Not too sure he's really town though. If a PR gets nk'ed, his mafia-likelyness rises :P (ok, I stop with this joke. But he seems fine enough to me. Could do more though.)

In case I die I say it here, I targeted Frogsterking like I should from the list. I decided in the end to go with the group, but still don't feel to safe about that choice.

I may run out of time, if something seems to be missing, assume that happened (or if you don't trust this, point it out and question me about it if I'm alive).

See you on the other side

TheMadMonarch

#1972 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

BobMcBob

#1973 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 pm

Time for a budget version of my EoN post because I only just woke up.

I think food, bunny and brain are town. This is a very hot take.

I don't think not wanting to massclaim is scum indicative (obviously) although there probably are some scum doing it.

Worcej, damo, heart and hamb have mostly slid under my radar so far. I do not like this, and they should be looked into more (although I think some of them have been noticed more by other people).

Chaqa, Kak and Neph I townlean, although I haven't noticed a whole lot from Neph either.

Bozo seems town even though I don't like his ideas.

Lurkers bad.

I probably missed someone since I only had 10 minutes for this.

TheMadMonarch

#1974 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:15 pm

You should have all received your returns now. If you have not, please let me know.

Please continue to hold.

TheMadMonarch

#1975 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 pm

Rabbits are a pest in Australia, and having one as a pet is illegal. Last night, it seems someone tipped off the cops that BunnyGo was hiding 50 of them in his apartment. He is now serving life in prison.

BUNNYGO has died. He was the TOWN PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.

You may now post.

lfischl

#1976 Post by lfischl » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 pm

TheMadMonarch wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 pm
Rabbits are a pest in Australia, and having one as a pet is illegal. Last night, it seems someone tipped off the cops that BunnyGo was hiding 50 of them in his apartment. He is now serving life in prison.

BUNNYGO has died. He was the TOWN PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.

You may now post.
That's unfortunate, rip Bunny.

On another note, Hamilton Brian if you would be willing to say your result that would be useful, I complied with the list and used my role on you

babyspice666

#1977 Post by babyspice666 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:21 pm

i targeted lfischl and my return was JustAGuyNamedWill

this makes me think i am the pollster because lfischl voted for just yesterday?

TheMadMonarch

#1978 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:21 pm

You turn on the TV
Good morning. I'm [REDACTED], and you're watching the breakfast news

Our top story today, someone received "Success" last night. blah blah blah.

You turn it off.

brainbomb

#1979 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:22 pm

I targeted babyspice and got the result Justaguynamedwill

foodcoats

#1980 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:22 pm

GG Bunny.

Am I being framed lel

I got “Failure”