MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#1 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:38 am

INTRODUCTION

This year the pumpkin farm is in trouble. Luckily Small Town Guy is really there mentally. His girl left him two years ago. Now he faces his biggest challenge ever; an old fling from high school; big city girl has come back to town.
Now small town guy must decide between his feelings, and his family business. Will she spark an old flame within him or will he mourn his ex… who also may happen to live in town still or his other ex who lives in the big city and is suddenly back in his life

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game (for the town majority) is to kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

The STANDARD RULES apply, which are at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1317 ... s05kv8seyu

VOTING

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Mafia voting to kill town members in Night phases.

“Daykill” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE KESTAS) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted.

Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players must have their vote on a candidate. You may ##VOTE and then ##UNVOTE if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an ##UNVOTE in place. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Kill” is permitted.

Hammer Vote: The second level of voting is whether or not to employ the hammer mechanic. By default, days are set to 48 hours long, and nights to 24 hours long; however, players may instead elect to activate the hammer mechanic. Notate this vote with a pair of hashes before the word end. (EX: ##END). The day will end as soon as a majority of players are voting to endhammer the same player. If you are not able to vote before the hammer is dropped, you will not be penalized for failing to vote during that day. Night phases may not normally be hammered - any exception to this will be announced by the GM.

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their factional NK (nightkill) and RB (Roleblock) targets during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate Discord thread to discuss this. Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill, and/or the roleblock.

GM TEAM
brainbomb
dargorygel

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

Please continue to not post

brainbomb

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#3 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:15 am

Tender Setup
9VT 3PR vs 4 Mafia

Small Town Guy
You are a small town guy. By day you must vote for another player. By night you have no actions. You must make five (5) meaningful posts during the day phase.
You win when the mafia is eliminated.

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃3 PR🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃
Doctor
You are the small town doctor. By day you must vote for another player. By night you may choose someone to save. If you successfully save a person they will not die and both you and your target will learn they were saved. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.
You win when mafia is eliminated.

2 - Shot Town Vigilante
You are the small town vigilante. By day you must vote for another player.
You have two shots. You may fire by day or by night, 1 shot per phase. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

Watcher
You are the small town watcher. By day you must vote for another player. At night you may choose another player. If anyone visits this player you receive a notice saying : You have witnessed ____ visiting _____. You may watch the same target consecutively.
You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

Mafia
🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🐓🦃🦃🦃🦃🐓🦃
Stalker
You are the big city stalker. By day you must vote another player. At night you may choose another player and you will see anyone they visit. You must make five (5) meaningful posts each day phase.
You win when town is eliminated and you have majority.
Your teammates are______, ______, and ________.

Ninja
You are the big city Ninja. By day you must vote another player. At night if you perform the kill you will not be seen. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

Roleblocker
You are the Big City Roleblocker. By day you must vote another player. At night you may choose another player. Any actions performed by that player would be prevented. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🦃🦃🦃🐁🐁🐓🐓

brainbomb

#4 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:15 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:15 am
Tender Setup
9VT 3PR vs 4 Mafia

Small Town Guy
You are a small town guy. By day you must vote for another player. By night you have no actions. You must make five (5) meaningful posts during the day phase.

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃3 PR🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃
Doctor
You are the small town doctor. By day you must vote for another player. By night you may choose someone to save. If you successfully save a person they will not die and both you and your target will learn they were saved. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.
You win when mafia is eliminated.

2 - Shot Town Vigilante
You are the small town vigilante. By day you must vote for another player.
You have two shots. You may fire by day or by night, 1 shot per phase. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

Watcher
You are the small town watcher. By day you must vote for another player. At night you may choose another player. If anyone visits this player you receive a notice saying : You have witnessed ____ visiting _____. You may watch the same target consecutively.

Mafia
🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🐓🦃🦃🦃🦃🐓🦃
Stalker
You are the big city stalker. By day you must vote another player. At night you may choose another player and you will see anyone they visit. You must make five (5) meaningful posts each day phase.

Ninja
You are the big city Ninja. By day you must vote another player. At night if you perform the kill you will not be seen. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

Roleblocker
You are the Big City Roleblocker. By day you must vote another player. At night you may choose another player. Any actions performed by that player would be prevented. You must make five (5) meaningful posts per day phase.

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🦃🦃🦃🐁🐁🐓🐓
Doctor may not consecutively save however watcher may consecutively watch.

brainbomb

#5 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:17 am

Roster

1. JustAGuyNamedWill
2. ghug
3. sweetandcool
4. Damo666
5.Jamiet99uk
6. Hamilton Brian
7. ND
8. worcej
(6)9. Chaqa
10. Macca573
11. SpiritoftheRadio
12. Rdrivera2005
13. BunnyGo
14. heartthrob24909
15. Temasek22
16. bozo

brainbomb

#6 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:18 am

Please continue to not post.
Game will begin at 5pm CDT on Sunday Nov 19th

brainbomb

#7 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:24 am

Also Mafia #4 is a goon

You are big city goon. You must vote for a player during the day. At night you work with your teammates and decide on who to kill. Your teammates are _____,_____, and _____.

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:09 pm

Tons of people showing up for harvest festival to buy pumpkins. A large mound of pumpkins at the entry is a big attraction. Parents allowing children climb it and it seems unstable.

Joe: Wow, good turnout

Kyle: Yea this is great. hey isn't that april? your old ex girlfriend who you had tons of feelings for but she left to go to the big city to be a journalist?

Joe: oh man that is april, who left to go to the big city to go work for that magazine that does stories about struggling farms this time of year.

Kyle: Do you think shes back to write a story on your farm to help save it?

Joe: I hope she just leaves me alone. Kim is back in town too and I cant focus on girls right now; I have to save the farm.

Kyle: Here she comes…

April: Hi Joe. great turnout this year.

Joe: I heard you moved to the big city and you're a big shot writer now.

April: I am but seeing this farm; and you, I am filled with emotions. I might just accidentally catch feelings now and write a big story that lands me a promotion and at the last minute I have to choose between you or quitting my job.

Joe: I feel the same way. I may have to choose between falling back in love with you; and saving my parents farm. I'm not sure which one is the better way to go with my life.

(Suddenly a mound of pumpkins mysteriously collapses on a small town guy minding his own business)

Kyle: Oh shit someone just died from pumpkins crushing him.

April: Seems like foul play. I better do some journalism.

Joe: We dont have liability insurance. this will get the farm shut down for sure - unless we do a bake sale. April would you have time to do the bake sale with me?

April: Me? I mean… I could write my article and get the hell out of here but… I think I will help at the bake sale to raise money for your liability insurance instead.

Please Continue to Not Post

brainbomb

#9 Post by brainbomb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:00 pm

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃
Gobble Gobble

Ye small town folk!

Game has Begun
🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

You may now post

JustAGuyNamedWill

#10 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:01 pm

Cheers to Mafia 84 !

SpiritoftheRadio

#11 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:02 pm

Give thanks to our brain dargorygel gods for this bountiful game

SpiritoftheRadio

#12 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 pm

happy to have rolled town so I can now buddy will without feeling guilty about it :D

JustAGuyNamedWill

#13 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:04 pm

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 pm
happy to have rolled town so I can now buddy will without feeling guilty about it :D
you dastardly fiend

SpiritoftheRadio

#14 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:06 pm

jk I just like to buddy new players so they don't die immediately and have a good time, but you're not a new player anymore :banned:

SpiritoftheRadio

#15 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:00 pm
Ye small town folk!

Temasek22

#16 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:16 pm

Feels great to be back after a long time

SpiritoftheRadio

#17 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:19 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:16 pm
Feels great to be back after a long time
Welcome back! I came back from a long absence last game, how long has it been for you? Which of these jabronis do you remember? And what misfortune in life led you to find your way back here?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#18 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:25 pm

BunnyGo
heartthrob24909
Temasek22
Chaqa

i have not played with any of you before, so I look forward to playing with you :evil:

ND

#19 Post by ND » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:35 pm

What's up losers

ND

#20 Post by ND » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:40 pm

Thank god no one is talking about their stupid personal lives. Literally no one cares about it.