MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#61 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:44 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:44 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:23 am
ND wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:40 pm
Thank god no one is talking about their stupid personal lives. Literally no one cares about it.
Hello all, and fuck off ND. Let Mafia forever be the venue where we can just collectively blow out the mucus membranes of our daily lives.
Really getting into the Xmas-romcom spirit there, HamB...

I hate all of yous guys' opening posts.

Even sweet's.

But especially the rest of you.

"He was a cantankerous loner.

She was a NYC socialite.

When she and her friends end up stranded on the side of the road during a bachelorette party, he comes out and tells them to Fu** off."

Out of curiosity, anyone else here order the D'Ancey LaGuarde reader?
I hate your opening post too jerk.

ND

#62 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 am
Hi Just. Hi Spirit. Nice to meet you.

Could you give me your profiles of the other players based on what you know of them? I haven't played in a while and would appreciate a refresher combined with getting to know you.
This is sus. No one would ever in a million years say it is nice to meet Spirit. Last time I felt like I was trapped in hell having to deal with his idiocy.

ND

#63 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:47 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:02 am
ND wrote:
Thank god no one is talking about their stupid personal lives. Literally no one cares about it.
Oh so I can’t use the game as a source of therapy? Damn…
No, go see a shrink because anyone who is trying to therapy here is a total nutcase.

ND

#64 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:49 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:15 am
Mostly I am spewing after watching one of the worst Seahawks games in my lifetime.

Fucking refs and stupid playcalling as usual caused a dumb loss for the Hawks…
Sports are stupid omg

ND

#65 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:50 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:16 am
So, was there a discussion in the sign up thread on what qualifies as a “meaningful” post or not? Or are we going to be subject to BB’s judgement and execution of us?
Brain's judgement (no offense brain) isn't worth jackshit imo.

ND

#66 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:52 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:19 am
Will, you have to cut that shit out.

I forgot what else I was going to say.
Thanks for letting literally everyone know you forgot what you were going to say. What a waste of a post.

ND

#67 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:00 am

So far, no one, except for me has said anything of value whatever-so-ever.

Just stupid personal lives, therapy (lol), talking about mean girls, Hamilton's faux 'tough guy' act, Spirit being an idiot, Ghug ghosting the game, bunny wanting to get to know Spirit LOL, and some dumb sports talk.

The quality of these games has really gone down hill. You all should be ashamed. Talking about sports? Lol, wtf?

But don't worry, I am literally talent on loan from god, the golden god if you will, and I will solve this game.. this time; nevermind last game that was a warm-up.

ND

#68 Post by ND » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:01 am

anyway I am going to get my beauty sleep now so nite nite babies

worcej

#69 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:29 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:47 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:02 am
ND wrote:
Oh so I can’t use the game as a source of therapy? Damn…
No, go see a shrink because anyone who is trying to therapy here is a total nutcase.
I mean we are all for sure nutcases for constantly playing this game together for years and years lol

worcej

#70 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:30 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:49 am
worcej wrote:
Mostly I am spewing after watching one of the worst Seahawks games in my lifetime.

Sports are stupid omg
YOU ARE A STUPID!

worcej

#71 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:30 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:00 am

Just stupid personal lives, therapy (lol), talking about mean girls, Hamilton's faux 'tough guy' act, Spirit being an idiot, Ghug ghosting the game, bunny wanting to get to know Spirit LOL, and some dumb sports talk.

The quality of these games has really gone down hill. You all should be ashamed. Talking about sports? Lol, wtf?

But don't worry, I am literally talent on loan from god, the golden god if you will, and I will solve this game.. this time; nevermind last game that was a warm-up.
We’re not even 6 hours into the game…

This feels more performative than actual.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#72 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:

If you’re going to lecture me at least do it in mafia chat 😉

sweetandcool

#73 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:30 am
ND wrote:

We’re not even 6 hours into the game…

This feels more performative than actual.
Yeah, I'm tempted to scumread him for it, since it's exactly the same as his last game as scum. But it's so over the top performative I guess it's NAI.

sweetandcool

#74 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:04 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Glad to have you back Will. You played well last game. Maybe this game you won't newbie-stumble as much.

So who are your other teammates, other than Ham?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#75 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:23 am

ND wrote:

Glad to see i havent been immediately targeted

JustAGuyNamedWill

#76 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:24 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:30 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:49 am
worcej wrote:

Sports are stupid omg
YOU ARE A STUPID!
SCREW YOU ND SPORTS IS LIFE SKOL VIKINGS

JustAGuyNamedWill

#77 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:27 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:04 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Glad to have you back Will. You played well last game. Maybe this game you won't newbie-stumble as much.

So who are your other teammates, other than Ham?
Kakarroto

JustAGuyNamedWill

#78 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:31 am

ND wrote:

The only counter to NDs talent on loan (alleged) is my stupidity. It throws him off his game

SpiritoftheRadio

#79 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:36 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Could you give me your profiles of the other players based on what you know of them? I haven't played in a while and would appreciate a refresher combined with getting to know you.
This is sus. No one would ever in a million years say it is nice to meet Spirit. Last time I felt like I was trapped in hell having to deal with his idiocy.
How dare you? I am really supposed to wake up from a pot roast induced nap to this cruelty? Its the fucking holidays you fuck. LOVE YOUR FELLOW FUCKING MAN!

Anyway, in the name of being too nice to new players and leaning into my stupid scum adjacent town meta. Let's meet the jabronis, keep in mind I played one game with most of them recently, and I was mafia, and some others years ago which I only partly remember, but here are my profiles:

1. JustAGuyNamedWill - Bit of a sweetheart, bit of a problem. Last game he was the literal epitome of newb town and said a lot of really suspect shit, which made ND scum read him super hard and tunnel him for most of the game. I advocated for keeping him alive in the mafia chat because ND wanting to sniff his feet took up all the air in the thread and made it easier for us mafia to hide. He stayed alive until the end and got miskilled which won us the game, so it was a good move. He was super easy to buddy as mafia, and I do genuinely like the little guy, but also I am 50/50 if we should kill him early since he is highly likely to be a miskill in the late game, and now that I am town, I'd rather not have that.

2. ghug - He is experienced. Brain has told me he has done some for real mafia tourneys or some crap. I like him, but I did murder him immediately last game since I was a mafia with a gun and decided he was a good kill day 1 and I think he was. He is a force, and if he survives for a long time without dying and without a good reason for him being town, I read him as scum. In other social deduction games, I have referred to this effect as the high price of being hot shit.

3. sweetandcool - Was mafia with me last game. Likes to talk and I wish I'd have seen more of him, but he got pushy on day 1 getting a wagon on hamilton brian and brian had a gun and shot em. Bad luck. Maybe a little overzealous but seems like a good kid.

4. Damo666 - This guy was one of my main tunnels all last game. He makes it kind of easy since he kind of just jumps around and tries to start shit with people. I'm not sure how much his behavior helps town and I used that as a good enough reason to tunnel him as mafia last game. As town now looking back, I think I have a similar opinion, but let's see if he can be more useful this game. He did end up getting a doc save and got cleared, at which point we had to kill him because he also caught the remaining scum team in his reads. So there is probably a method to his madness.

5.Jamiet99uk -Our lovely GM from last game. I haven't played with him in a game in years, but I remember him being super out there but a generally enjoyable character. probably is sophisticated enough to pull off a big brain mafia play but also might fire from the hip often enough where it will blow up in his face. Idk, i do just like the boy because he is fun to have around. He will probably do some wacky shit regardless of alignment, but maybe he has matured idk.

6. Hamilton Brian - This guy is a bit all over the place. I feel like he just says stuff a lot to get a rise out of people and tries to get some reads from doing it, but more often that doesnt really seem to work. He was a pretty open-town clear all last game and struggled to hunt late in the game. Not sure if it was that he lost interest or just had a difficult time with the pool of unclears, but he did make some pivotal moves for town last game, just wasnt enough to synch it up at the end.

7. ND - If you can't tell from our posts, we're deeply in love. He is kind of unhinged and I genuinely find it adorable. Easily pissed off in a way that I genuinely think is just his character, others are confident he just IS like that. idk. I really enjoy him whether I'm bickering with him or flirting with him, or just watching in awe as he almost became mafia MVP as a town last game after stealing a gun from a towny and then using it to kill that same towny. Living him alive as scum was a solid move. But to his credit, EVERYONE WAS JUST FUCKING COOL WITH IT AFTER HE SHOT THAT GUY!!!!!!!! Idk, he is a legend, a really really strange legend. Literally shot a guy on 5th Avenue and didn't lose any supporters. There is a charisma to his unhinged diatribes and genuine disgust with himself when he fucks up. He literally just quoted Rush Limbaugh, and I still just wanna pinch his little cheeks every time he posts.

8. worcej - This guy is fun, he didn't show up to post much in the last game, but still found the entire scum team in his reads. I pulled a really dirty move to get him killed last game after he soft town cleared himself with his role. I found it a good enough move to basically sacrifice myself as mafia to kill him once he was cleared and had perfect reads. He shouted me down as scum hard core for killing him, and he was right, and it got me killed the next day. I think it was absolutely the right move since we did end up winning, and even having one extra clear probably would have made that impossible, let alone one with a read on the remaining scum team. He maintains he isn't that good usually, so we will see, but he has a way about him. Hope he still doesn't hate me for what I did, but evil is as evil does :P

(6)9. Chaqa - I remember his guy from years ago. Barely posts? Hard to read? Thats usually what I remember.

10. Macca573 - Haven't seen a lot of big plays out of her. She used her scan power last game to confirm a person was scum that everyone basically already knew was scum and sheeped a kind of clear HB's vote most of the remaining time she was alive. Had problems being around at the end of day and I used that as a means to kill worcej last game despite him being soft cleared. Seems nice in general, but I'd like to see more hunting out of her.

11. SpiritoftheRadio - Sexy, smells like donuts in real life. Willing to do what is necessary to win but likes to bullshit a whole whole lot. When I am scum, I just forget that I am and play as I normally would in most circumstances. Works great in most games, harder in this game since it goes on so long. I got called scummy for using math last game, but I am a trained physicist and I just think like that, so haters can hate if they want.

12. Rdrivera2005 - Pretty decent hunter, and the only one who made it late into the game. His trust in my mafia teammate was one of the main reasons we won last game though so he doesn't always get it right. He also was one of the only people in town not trying to kill me after I killed worcej, so maybe he isn't a super hunter now that I think about it. But he does provide decent analysis from what I remember. Never completely figured out how I would read him and I imagine he'd be harder to catch as scum than manipulate as town. I have a surprisingly vague read on his character despite him being alive longer than most last game and I remember playing with him years ago. But I can't really tell you his meta. Don't know why.

13. BunnyGo - new player to me and the reason this big post is happening, hi hi and good luck.

These next two are also new players to me:
14. heartthrob24909
15. Temasek22

16. bozo - Bozo's cool. I remember playing with him when he was a noob before but he seems to be pretty competent now which is neat to see. We killed him fairly early last game because he was doing a decent job hunting and I think he has been scum before a long time ago and knows how to fly under the radar when he needs to.

sweetandcool

#80 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:47 am

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:36 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:

How dare you? I am really supposed to wake up from a pot roast induced nap to this cruelty? Its the fucking holidays you fuck. LOVE YOUR FELLOW FUCKING MAN!

Anyway, in the name of being too nice to new players and leaning into my stupid scum adjacent town meta. Let's meet the jabronis, keep in mind I played one game with most of them recently, and I was mafia, and some others years ago which I only partly remember, but here are my profiles:

1. JustAGuyNamedWill - Bit of a sweetheart, bit of a problem. Last game he was the literal epitome of newb town and said a lot of really suspect shit, which made ND scum read him super hard and tunnel him for most of the game. I advocated for keeping him alive in the mafia chat because ND wanting to sniff his feet took up all the air in the thread and made it easier for us mafia to hide. He stayed alive until the end and got miskilled which won us the game, so it was a good move. He was super easy to buddy as mafia, and I do genuinely like the little guy, but also I am 50/50 if we should kill him early since he is highly likely to be a miskill in the late game, and now that I am town, I'd rather not have that.

2. ghug - He is experienced. Brain has told me he has done some for real mafia tourneys or some crap. I like him, but I did murder him immediately last game since I was a mafia with a gun and decided he was a good kill day 1 and I think he was. He is a force, and if he survives for a long time without dying and without a good reason for him being town, I read him as scum. In other social deduction games, I have referred to this effect as the high price of being hot shit.

3. sweetandcool - Was mafia with me last game. Likes to talk and I wish I'd have seen more of him, but he got pushy on day 1 getting a wagon on hamilton brian and brian had a gun and shot em. Bad luck. Maybe a little overzealous but seems like a good kid.

4. Damo666 - This guy was one of my main tunnels all last game. He makes it kind of easy since he kind of just jumps around and tries to start shit with people. I'm not sure how much his behavior helps town and I used that as a good enough reason to tunnel him as mafia last game. As town now looking back, I think I have a similar opinion, but let's see if he can be more useful this game. He did end up getting a doc save and got cleared, at which point we had to kill him because he also caught the remaining scum team in his reads. So there is probably a method to his madness.

5.Jamiet99uk -Our lovely GM from last game. I haven't played with him in a game in years, but I remember him being super out there but a generally enjoyable character. probably is sophisticated enough to pull off a big brain mafia play but also might fire from the hip often enough where it will blow up in his face. Idk, i do just like the boy because he is fun to have around. He will probably do some wacky shit regardless of alignment, but maybe he has matured idk.

6. Hamilton Brian - This guy is a bit all over the place. I feel like he just says stuff a lot to get a rise out of people and tries to get some reads from doing it, but more often that doesnt really seem to work. He was a pretty open-town clear all last game and struggled to hunt late in the game. Not sure if it was that he lost interest or just had a difficult time with the pool of unclears, but he did make some pivotal moves for town last game, just wasnt enough to synch it up at the end.

7. ND - If you can't tell from our posts, we're deeply in love. He is kind of unhinged and I genuinely find it adorable. Easily pissed off in a way that I genuinely think is just his character, others are confident he just IS like that. idk. I really enjoy him whether I'm bickering with him or flirting with him, or just watching in awe as he almost became mafia MVP as a town last game after stealing a gun from a towny and then using it to kill that same towny. Living him alive as scum was a solid move. But to his credit, EVERYONE WAS JUST FUCKING COOL WITH IT AFTER HE SHOT THAT GUY!!!!!!!! Idk, he is a legend, a really really strange legend. Literally shot a guy on 5th Avenue and didn't lose any supporters. There is a charisma to his unhinged diatribes and genuine disgust with himself when he fucks up. He literally just quoted Rush Limbaugh, and I still just wanna pinch his little cheeks every time he posts.

8. worcej - This guy is fun, he didn't show up to post much in the last game, but still found the entire scum team in his reads. I pulled a really dirty move to get him killed last game after he soft town cleared himself with his role. I found it a good enough move to basically sacrifice myself as mafia to kill him once he was cleared and had perfect reads. He shouted me down as scum hard core for killing him, and he was right, and it got me killed the next day. I think it was absolutely the right move since we did end up winning, and even having one extra clear probably would have made that impossible, let alone one with a read on the remaining scum team. He maintains he isn't that good usually, so we will see, but he has a way about him. Hope he still doesn't hate me for what I did, but evil is as evil does :P

(6)9. Chaqa - I remember his guy from years ago. Barely posts? Hard to read? Thats usually what I remember.

10. Macca573 - Haven't seen a lot of big plays out of her. She used her scan power last game to confirm a person was scum that everyone basically already knew was scum and sheeped a kind of clear HB's vote most of the remaining time she was alive. Had problems being around at the end of day and I used that as a means to kill worcej last game despite him being soft cleared. Seems nice in general, but I'd like to see more hunting out of her.

11. SpiritoftheRadio - Sexy, smells like donuts in real life. Willing to do what is necessary to win but likes to bullshit a whole whole lot. When I am scum, I just forget that I am and play as I normally would in most circumstances. Works great in most games, harder in this game since it goes on so long. I got called scummy for using math last game, but I am a trained physicist and I just think like that, so haters can hate if they want.

12. Rdrivera2005 - Pretty decent hunter, and the only one who made it late into the game. His trust in my mafia teammate was one of the main reasons we won last game though so he doesn't always get it right. He also was one of the only people in town not trying to kill me after I killed worcej, so maybe he isn't a super hunter now that I think about it. But he does provide decent analysis from what I remember. Never completely figured out how I would read him and I imagine he'd be harder to catch as scum than manipulate as town. I have a surprisingly vague read on his character despite him being alive longer than most last game and I remember playing with him years ago. But I can't really tell you his meta. Don't know why.

13. BunnyGo - new player to me and the reason this big post is happening, hi hi and good luck.

These next two are also new players to me:
14. heartthrob24909
15. Temasek22

16. bozo - Bozo's cool. I remember playing with him when he was a noob before but he seems to be pretty competent now which is neat to see. We killed him fairly early last game because he was doing a decent job hunting and I think he has been scum before a long time ago and knows how to fly under the radar when he needs to.
Fun post. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Has anyone ever pulled off a mass pocket? Because this feels like a grand attempt :P