MAFIA 83: HALLOWE'EN IN THE TOYSHOP - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 83: HALLOWE'EN IN THE TOYSHOP - GAME THREAD

#2041 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:28 am

Bot is messed up.

We’re 5-1.

Bit of a neophyte move on mafia part.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2042 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:05 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:31 pm
Actually…man that would be nasty.

HB, do you have the list of who had what?
I had something that I thought kind of worked. It's minus a bunch of items, but yes, I did put something together.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2043 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:06 am

Rivera, what do you think if all the unclears self-vote today?

Jamiet99uk

#2044 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 am

FOR THE BOT

Macca573 is dead. She was Betty Spaghetty the nice toy.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2045 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:31 am

I know that having 4 self-votes means that Rivera and I become arbiters of justice. It is protown in that it fixes votes and prevents any sliding around of them.

I know some of you have, but don't stop reading this game. We will win this.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2046 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:45 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:59 pm
Macca and RD are cleared town.

There is that tiny theoretical chance that Brian is mafia, but I don't think it's in his character to shoot a fellow mafia without prior communication on day one I won't respond to this continued questioning of my townness.

I'm pretty sure Will isn't mafia, or else they would've had the information for the sender by sheer elimination for the kill yesternight. So I don't think we should vote Will tomorrow. What do you mean "information for the sender?"

ND was very invested in his case against Vecna. Also the tone I got from him after the shot sounded like he was genuine sorry making a mistake. Sure it could be great theatrics and the use of his item was suspicious, I'm leaning more to town with ND though. It did seem conciliatory and defeated. ND was very invested in cases against Will and Vecna until we hear that the 2nd day tunnel on Will was obfuscation. My question to ND is why keep going if your suspicion was held up? We get into a zone then come back out of it and start pursuing someone else. I am questioning the benefit to town for behaving such.

And regarding RHK, I think I've softened on him. I think ND's constant pushes that his grenade use (you'll get the bill for the cleaning later btw) came from town worked a bit (though I'm still of the opinion that mafia could've used it the same way, especially when they had a partner that wasn't affected), but also RHK himself seemed a bit less unhinged, without a malicious intent behind, the last day. Still, currently it looks like it is RHK, but then again, it's never the easy answer. So I'll revisit what I can to hopefully get to the truth. What would have been the more town response with the grenade? Demon wasn't a foregone conclusion. The stipulation to the grenade is that it can't be used in the last 15 minutes of the day. I know a few of us like a little anarchy in games but this had a critical impact. So what would have been the more town-appropriate response?
I hope your medical appointment goes well.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2047 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:49 am

And I am of the opinion that it was a very stupid thing, in hindsight, to have shot Sweet on D1. I should have let the votes roll as they were meant to. That shot would have been a hell of a lot better to have today than then. It's a numbers game but we never got any further ahead.

Looking at you, my little friend. I wonder why we never got any further ahead...

ND

#2048 Post by ND » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:15 am

I'm already self voting and end voting. I likely won't look at this again until night. If I am removed then go after Will next. Good luck.

Kakarroto

#2049 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:07 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:45 am
[...]
I hope your medical appointment goes well.
thanks, I'm back from it now. Had to wait a bit even with appointment, but on a perceived holiday (most things have closed today) that's how it works, some cases just get priority.
There is that tiny theoretical chance that Brian is mafia, but I don't think it's in his character to shoot a fellow mafia without prior communication on day one I won't respond to this continued questioning of my townness.
ghug would know what I do here, and that's all I have to say for now
I'm pretty sure Will isn't mafia, or else they would've had the information for the sender by sheer elimination for the kill yesternight. So I don't think we should vote Will tomorrow. What do you mean "information for the sender?"
well, we know spirit is mafia, who we didn't know the item information, as well as Will and RD (of course I fall under that too, just it would make no sense if I had send myself the message ... well maybe there is a world where that might work, but that's another story), everyone else had claimed their item, so mafia had a 50% gambit if Will is town but would know for sure RD send the card if Will is mafia. So by that thought, Will isn't mafia since else they would've shot RD.
And regarding RHK, I think I've softened on him. I think ND's constant pushes that his grenade use (you'll get the bill for the cleaning later btw) came from town worked a bit (though I'm still of the opinion that mafia could've used it the same way, especially when they had a partner that wasn't affected), but also RHK himself seemed a bit less unhinged, without a malicious intent behind, the last day. Still, currently it looks like it is RHK, but then again, it's never the easy answer. So I'll revisit what I can to hopefully get to the truth. What would have been the more town response with the grenade? Demon wasn't a foregone conclusion. The stipulation to the grenade is that it can't be used in the last 15 minutes of the day. I know a few of us like a little anarchy in games but this had a critical impact. So what would have been the more town-appropriate response?
well there was the option of not using the grenade at all. Having the day a normal vote and present your view of things. Maybe threaten to use it to scare people away to have information who else they would vote, or maybe inform to own the grenade but not using it for information on that day.

To be fair, as it was used, it brought up the result where spirit voted worcej out to get him on the next day. It still meant to lose a town item claimant, though we probably wouldn't be able to fully clear him, I guess. But that is result based thinking. It could've easily been a way for a mafia to get rid of the vast amount of votes, while being able to guarantee that the other mafia can still vote. I'm not saying that it definitely was, I'm saying that it's possible and it isn't a surefire way to say it's towny.

And from my view, the most likely to be mafia is either ND or RHK, and I think RHK looks more blatantly mafia (defending darg without much basis on day one, speaking of 'trapping' people with his grenade while also stating he wants the voting of the day as information and stuff like that), although I was sure about stuff like that in the past and was wrong. But I also noticed that vanished afterwards and RHK changed his tone massively, so maybe it was just because of the item use and town?RHK figured he didn't make a perfect use. Or maf?RHK tried to come back after his teammate got rid of worcej.

But the game should end in our favour after we vote ND and RHK.

Kakarroto

#2050 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:14 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:31 am
I know that having 4 self-votes means that Rivera and I become arbiters of justice. It is protown in that it fixes votes and prevents any sliding around of them.

I know some of you have, but don't stop reading this game. We will win this.
I was thinking abou this, I want to hear from RD first before I'm onboard. There might be a small amount of information we might gain with an open day, though I also think it's kinda straightforward what to do. But I'm fine with trusting RD.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2051 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:02 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:15 am
I'm already self voting and end voting. I likely won't look at this again until night. If I am removed then go after Will next. Good luck.
I want neither me nor ND to die.

I will self vote if thats what everyon wants but know that Demon is the mafia

Jamiet99uk

#2052 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:09 pm

Vote Count 6.0

ND (1) - ND(end).

Currently ND is set to throw himself into a bottomless pit.

Just under 33 hours are left.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2053 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Remember when I made my big long fun voting chart on page 100?

Macca was the only vote ND was pretty much guaranteed to get.

Isn’t even a little suspicious?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2054 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:18 pm

Big fun chart!
——————————————————
WILL IS VOTED OUT TODAY
——————————————————
——————————————————
Hamilton Brian is NK’ed

ND-Demon
Kak-
Demon- rdr, Kak, ND

Kak is NK’ed

ND- Demon
Demon- ND, rdr, Hamilton

RDR is NK’ed

ND- Demon
Kak-
Demon- Kak, ND, Hamilton

———————————————————
DEMON IS VOTED OUT
———————————————————

Hamilton is NK’ed

ND- Will, rdr, Kak
Kak-
Will- ND

Kak is NK’ed

ND- WIll, Ham, rdr
Will- ND

RDR is NK’ed

ND- Will, Kak, Ham
Kak-
Will- ND

————————————————
ND IS VOTED OUT
————————————————

Hamilton Brian is NK’ed

Demon- Will, Kak, rdr
Kak-
Will- Demon

Rdr is NK’ed

Demon- Will, rdr, Ham
Kak-
Will- Demon

Kak is NK’ed

Demon- Will, Rdr, Ham
Will- Demon

ND

#2055 Post by ND » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:06 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Very. Although I play a very asymmetrical game as scum and usually kill randomly or people who are town reading me. Plus, I thrive on conflict.

But, for a neophyte to the game and new scum, you must have thought yourself really smart in killing macca so you could point that out.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2056 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:12 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:06 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

Very. Although I play a very asymmetrical game as scum and usually kill randomly or people who are town reading me. Plus, I thrive on conflict.

But, for a neophyte to the game and new scum, you must have thought yourself really smart in killing macca so you could point that out.
If I were mafia I would kill my main antagonist and then say “well it would be so obvious as mafia to do that, so because it happened it must not be me”

So our arguments cancel out and we are still left with no answers. So why would someone other than you kill Macca unless they were trying to cast supicion onto you? But you would have had the least amount of votes on you out of us three main suspects, so it makes no sense for me or Demon to kill Macca, because it wouldn’t affect anything.

Also, if I were to do that, it would take votes off of my main target and onto you which I really don’t want.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2057 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:13 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:12 pm
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:06 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

If I were mafia I would kill my main antagonist and then say “well it would be so obvious as mafia to do that, so because it happened it must not be me”

So our arguments cancel out and we are still left with no answers. So why would someone other than you kill Macca unless they were trying to cast supicion onto you? But you would have had the least amount of votes on you out of us three main suspects, so it makes no sense for me or Demon to kill Macca, because it wouldn’t affect anything.

Also, if I were to do that, it would take votes off of my main target and onto you which I really don’t want.
My target is Demon. But I will self vote.

##VOTE JUSTAGUYNAMEDWILL

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2058 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 pm

This everyone self vote thing is the dumbest thing I have heard in a hot minute, and I say that as a self vote master.

It provides so little info. Will is the vote, he makes the most sense and is miles into his cups.

I see you Kak. But I still don’t trust. You’re so much fucking smarter than that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2059 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:16 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:06 am
Rivera, what do you think if all the unclears self-vote today?
I don't like this idea as this will just generate apathy.

Ideally we two just don't vote until last hours and let the unclears to fight between them as this is the best way to have more info about them.
One of the hardest things as scum is to build cases against people you know are town. A lot more easierto just sheep clears.

So, ND stop voting yourself as this is utterly stupid and make me want to just vote you out and you are better player then this. And for the others, make your best case.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2060 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:22 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 pm
This everyone self vote thing is the dumbest thing I have heard in a hot minute, and I say that as a self vote master.

It provides so little info. Will is the vote, he makes the most sense and is miles into his cups.

I see you Kak. But I still don’t trust. You’re so much fucking smarter than that.
Totally agree about self vote.

Kak isn't clear, this is 100% true. But why they kill Dargo instead of me and then Spirit claim message? I almost claimed at EON2 fearing Kak could be scum or NKed. I had the message typed and then he posted my message with 1 minute to go.