Mafia 83: Sign Up Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Mafia 83: Sign Up Thread

#61 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:11 pm
LIST OF ITEMS

[...]

SLIME GRENADE - An annoying, but not deadly, area of effect weapon. Can be thrown during the DAY only, and not within the final 15 minutes of the day. PM both GMs in the format ##THROW GRENADE AT [TARGET]. All of the votes on the target's wagon will be cancelled, as well as the vote of the target themself, and the player who threw the grenade. Affected players may not vote again during that day. They regain their vote as normal the next day.
Clarification questions:

-) What if a vote change happens between the time the command was submitted and the GM posts in the thread?
-) Can the targeted player be voted by others who weren't affected by the grenade?
-) Does the grenade reduce the overall needed count for end votes? (for example, out of 15 people, 10 people vote A, 4 people endvote B, C [who endvoted B] throws the grenade on A, now 11 people can't vote, 3 people endvote B and one didn't vote anything, would this end the day?)
MASK and SWAG BAG - The equipment of a clichéd burglar. At night, PM both GMs in the format ##ROB [TARGET]. You will visit the target and steal any item in their possession. You may then use that item from the next relevant phase.
-) What happens if the target has no item to steal (or has been used the item prior to the targeting in the same night) (for example the target used the candy heart)?
HALLOWEEN GREETINGS CARD - You may pay a friendly visit to a player of your choice at night. PM both GMs in the format ##VISIT [TARGET]. They will be aware of your visit, and you will reveal your alignment to them. Optionally you may write a message of up to 10 words in the card, if you wish. This will be revealed to the target as well.
-) Is the use of other languages (say for example, German) or characters from another alphabet (for example Kanji) allowed? Or must the card writer only use English?
CANDY HEART - During N1, you *must* choose another player by PMing both GMs in the format ##LOVE [target]. While the object of your passion remains alive, you are immune from all killing actions at night. If your target dies, you will also die.
-) May I get priority for this item please, sounds fun!

Jamiet99uk

#62 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:22 pm

Re: Slime Grenade queries.

1. The effect takes effect when the GM processes the order.

2. Yes.

3. The Grenade removes endvotes as well as vote votes. It does not alter the number needed for a hammer.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#63 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:12 am

SKELETAL ARMOUR - A spooky-looking armoured breastplate and a skull helmet. Protects against one killing attempt and is then destroyed. (There are up to TWO sets of armour at the start of the game).

REPLACEMENT SKULL - If a player with this item is daykilled, they will not die, resulting in a no-kill that day.

Another Clarification I’d like to ask:

Can the skeletal armor be used on someone else?
If so, does the skeletal armor get used on the player with the replacement skull if the replacement skull player is attacked?
Does the skeletal armor stay intact if the slutty nurse costume is used on them?

Jamiet99uk

#64 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:34 am

1. The Skeletal Armour may not be given to anyone else, no.

2. If the Mask is used to rob someone who has nothing to rob, then you get nothing.

3. 10 words in any language.

Kakarroto

#65 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:46 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:34 am
2. If the Mask is used to rob someone who has nothing to rob, then you get nothing.
I understand this as the rob-kit is destroyed after failing to rob an item, is that correct?

Oh yes, since used items can be repaired, is following action sequence correct then?
day 1: player A uses scan to scan player F (finds out alignment of player F
day 2: player B robs player A (doesn't get the detective kit, mask and swag bag is destroyed
day 3: player C repairs player A's item (player A gets a second scan)

-) another point/question I just noticed, since the repair kit says it restores also items that have been lost, but it doesn't to items that have been dropped. Does "getting robbed" equal to "losing" in this case? Does "dropping" equal to the "STICKY TOFFEE!"?

-) one more question (sorry but I want to be sure even if it might not happen, but I just noticed a thing and want to know in advance): if the CANDY HEART targets the STICKY TOFFEE!, the one with the toffee gets the candy heart, right? But since it gets stolen, does the wording "during N1" change into "during N2"? Or does the toffee player need to decide during D2? Or does the candy heart not stick to the toffee in that case?

-) sorry, one more question: what if the candy heart gets repaired? Does it just fail or does the player get a second use out of it with a second charge?

(again, I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I think it's better to clarify them before the game starts just in case)
Oh, I'm having this Bonamussdiesmalmafiaseingefühl and implement the Dargmussunterallenumständenbeschütztwerdenprotokoll! :razz:

(I suppose only words that can be found in a dictionary count.)

(also, does "I'm" and similar words like "ain't" "can't", ... count as one or two words?)

TheMadMonarch

#66 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Hello all! Long time no see?

Darg has persuaded me to give this another shot. Let's try not to get addicted again...

1. sweetandcool
2. Bonatogether
3. Brainbomb
4. Worcej
5. ghug
6. ND
7.JustAGuyNamedWill
8. Hamilton Brian
9. Damo666
10. Vecna
11. DemonRHK
12. darg
13. Rdrivera2005
14. bozo
15. SpiritoftheRadio
16. Kakarroto the 'HalloWien'-enjoyer
17. Macca573 [She/They]

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#67 Post by dargorygel » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Hiya Macca!!!

TheMadMonarch

#68 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:49 pm

hi!

TheMadMonarch

#69 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:50 pm

Questions!

It's been a while since I've played, what are the +1 rules these days?

Is the bot still a thing?

When's Phase Change time (UTC)?

TheMadMonarch

#70 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:02 pm

hehe. post #69

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#71 Post by dargorygel » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:06 pm

Jamie should/will answer, but the bot is sitll a thing (he will post a link when the game starts); +1's are absolutely ok now in the game, until (and if) you die. The phase change time will be 5 pm EST, I think. But I am not good with time zone math.

TheMadMonarch

#72 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:15 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:06 pm
Jamie should/will answer, but the bot is sitll a thing (he will post a link when the game starts); +1's are absolutely ok now in the game, until (and if) you die. The phase change time will be 5 pm EST, I think. But I am not good with time zone math.
Cool, that makes it 7am in Brisbane. Simply not happening. Have fun at EOD without me.

Jamiet99uk

#73 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:27 pm

Game will start tonight.

(I see Kaks questions, bear with me).

Jamiet99uk

#74 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:02 pm

Final Player List:

1. sweetandcool
2. Bonatogether
3. Brainbomb
4. Worcej
5. ghug
6. ND
7.JustAGuyNamedWill
8. Hamilton Brian
9. Damo666
10. Vecna
11. DemonRHK
12. darg
13. Rdrivera2005
14. bozo
15. SpiritoftheRadio
16. Kakarroto the 'HalloWien'-enjoyer
17. Macca573 [She/They]

This thread is still open for now until the Game Thread goes up.

Roles will be rolled and PMs will start to go out in about one hour's time.

Jamiet99uk

#75 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:12 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:46 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:34 am
I understand this as the rob-kit is destroyed after failing to rob an item, is that correct?
Correct. Using the Mask is still a visit, so it is used up.
Kakarroto wrote:
Oh yes, since used items can be repaired, is following action sequence correct then?
day 1: player A uses scan to scan player F (finds out alignment of player F
day 2: player B robs player A (doesn't get the detective kit, mask and swag bag is destroyed
day 3: player C repairs player A's item (player A gets a second scan)
No. Parts 1 and 2 you have correct, but for the third part, Player C would now have a use-able Detective Kit, not Player A. The user of the Repair Kit obtains the repaired item. This is clearly stated in the item description.
Kakarroto wrote:
-) another point/question I just noticed, since the repair kit says it restores also items that have been lost, but it doesn't to items that have been dropped. Does "getting robbed" equal to "losing" in this case? Does "dropping" equal to the "STICKY TOFFEE!"?
No. "Lost" items means items no longer in play, for example because they were in the possession of the person daykilled. The Repair Kit can retrieve such an item.
Kakarroto wrote:
-) one more question (sorry but I want to be sure even if it might not happen, but I just noticed a thing and want to know in advance): if the CANDY HEART targets the STICKY TOFFEE!, the one with the toffee gets the candy heart, right? But since it gets stolen, does the wording "during N1" change into "during N2"? Or does the toffee player need to decide during D2? Or does the candy heart not stick to the toffee in that case?
Eating the Candy Heart is not a visit, so it does not interact with the Sticky Toffee. I will clarify that point in the item descriptions.
Kakarroto wrote:
-) sorry, one more question: what if the candy heart gets repaired? Does it just fail or does the player get a second use out of it with a second charge?
Again you mis-understand the Repair Kit. The player using the repair kit obtains the expended item, which now has one new charge. So in this case, the player who used the Repair Kit would now have a re-charged Candy Heart, which they would be compelled to use the following night (since Candy Heart use is compulsive).
Kakarroto wrote:
(again, I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I think it's better to clarify them before the game starts just in case)
Oh, I'm having this Bonamussdiesmalmafiaseingefühl and implement the Dargmussunterallenumständenbeschütztwerdenprotokoll! :razz:

(I suppose only words that can be found in a dictionary count.)

(also, does "I'm" and similar words like "ain't" "can't", ... count as one or two words?)
Genuine words shortened using apostrophes count as one word. Imaginary German-style compound words are not words at all.

Jamiet99uk

#76 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:26 pm

If anyone has any setup questions, get them in soon or you'll need to wait til game starts, thanks.

Jamiet99uk

#77 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:16 pm

ATTENTION:

Sign ups are closed at 17 people. The setup is originally designed for 18 players.

Therefore:

I will now randomise (a) the roles and (b) the items, as if there are 18 players, with slot 18 being void.

So the role (town or mafia) and the item assigned to slot #18 will not come into play.

As a result, the setup will contain either 13 or 14 Town, and either 3 or 4 Mafia.
Of the 18 available items, one will not be in play.

The actual number of Mafia in play, and which item is not in play, will not be declared. The Mafia team will learn the first item of information in the Mafia zone on Discord, however.

Jamiet99uk

#78 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:26 pm

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY JOINED THE DISCORD SERVER, PLEASE JOIN IT NOW

https://discord.gg/TUdjgXjD

THIS SIGN-UP THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

ROLE PMS GOING OUT SHORTLY

Jamiet99uk

#79 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:04 pm

ROLE PMS HAVE NOW BEEN SENT OUT

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#80 Post by dargorygel » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Bot is found at:
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_status?g=83

Game is obviously found at:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4942

Locking the thread