M1026: ghughog Day [Game Thread]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1026: ghughog Day [Game Thread]

#1261 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:33 pm
HB was willing to vote for any of his 3 scum reads D2:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:27 am
It's a weird situation. I am stuck thinking the remaining mafia is in this pool of damo worcej sweet.

Right now gut is saying ##vote damo
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:39 pm
Just waking up.

Looking at the fact that I am voting with my pool makes me question everything. I don't like it. Let me retract and move over to ##vote sweet for now.
worcej and sweetandcool were already voting for damo when HB voted for damo, which makes his reason for changing his vote to sweetandcool seem questionable.
He did not say that they weren't. I've had times when I've cast a vote, and then looked back at it, and thought "oh 'eck, I'm on the same wagon as my top scumread" and therefore reconsidered.

That is how I read HB's post there.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

bozotheclown

#1262 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:37 am
Boze, you've done a nice job of constructing a narrative of me as mafia. Sweet, well done. You've convinced bozo. I am not sure if you've convinced jamie.

Interesting how your D1 vote isn't getting the same level of scrutiny.
When sweetandcool moved his vote off of you D1, he put ND in a tie for the lead. I do not see any compelling reason he could not have stayed on your wagon longer as mafia.

bozotheclown

#1263 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:33 pm
HB was willing to vote for any of his 3 scum reads D2:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:27 am
It's a weird situation. I am stuck thinking the remaining mafia is in this pool of damo worcej sweet.

Right now gut is saying ##vote damo
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:39 pm
Just waking up.

Looking at the fact that I am voting with my pool makes me question everything. I don't like it. Let me retract and move over to ##vote sweet for now.
worcej and sweetandcool were already voting for damo when HB voted for damo, which makes his reason for changing his vote to sweetandcool seem questionable.
He did not say that they weren't. I've had times when I've cast a vote, and then looked back at it, and thought "oh 'eck, I'm on the same wagon as my top scumread" and therefore reconsidered.

That is how I read HB's post there.
I agree it is not that alignment indicative, but it still could be a fabricated reason for changing his vote.

bozotheclown

#1264 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 am
My primary suspect is still Sweet.

I don't wish to discuss it further until daybreak.
One thing that would be helpful is if you listed all the reasons you suspect me.

As far as I know, the main reasons are:

1. The multitude of "fake" townships.
2. Two apparent contradictions (doctor and saved) (something else I don't recall right now.
3. Not voting ND?
4. Not engaged as much as normal?

I know 1. And 2. are true. Are 3. and 4. factors?

Is there anything I'm missing?
Hello.

Items 1 and 2 are the main causes for my suspicion.

The second example in (2) was whether or not you knew the number of Mafia in play.

Items 3 and 4 are very much secondary.

There is another quite significant factor but I don't want to talk about it at night.
As for the contradictions, if you look at sweetandcool's first post in the game, it is consistent with believing there were 3 mafia with his 50% number, and I think it is very unlikely he was doing that to set up a fake N1 town slip.

Also, I do not think sweetandcool would ask, even as mafia, if the doctor should claim unless he thought the doctor is the only player who could reveal who was protected N1.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1265 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:30 pm

Half an hour remains in this night.

bozotheclown

#1266 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:49 am
I will say:

Only one person is still alive, who did not vote ND on D1.
Yes, but damo and worcej did not vote for ND on D1 either, so as far as we know, 100% of the players who did not vote for ND (not counting ND) were town.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1267 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:44 pm

I have had the day from hell. For context, my role as the Library Learning Commons teacher has me bring the classes into my space (LLC) where I teach my lessons then they do book exchange. At some point this year it will transition to a Makerspace proper but we're not there yet. However, this one kid in the class I had this morning, who is explosive (10yo) but has kept it together...didn't today.

Trashed the whole fucking place. Books all over the place. My anchor charts, etc. I did my duty and got the class out of there while he trashed it. Meanwhile, I and my other classes were displaced. I did have a great group of Grade 7/8 students come in at the end of the day and help reshelve all the books.

So, that being said, I am emotionally depleted to give a shit about the game and sweet and bozo's running some scattershot fit-the-narrative accusations. If mafia would see fit to put me out of my misery, I'd welcome it.

Before I go, I'm going to run numbers that say Sweet is 85% mafia. I'll peg Jamie at 15%.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1268 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:18 pm

I agree it is not that alignment indicative, but it still could be a fabricated reason for changing his vote.
Jesus; how long have I been playing in games with you. Have I ever demonstrated the werewithall to fabricate OR ... I don't know. You should know better than to give me that much credit.

bozotheclown

#1269 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:47 pm

The question I had about bussing was why mafia would bus on D1 with only 2 mafia. I think the answer is that ND was only trying to distance HB by scum reading him along with half of the town, but when HB picked up 3 votes, he was concerned how it would look if HB was the DK without having voted for him, so he joined the HB wagon. Then at EOD, there was a 4 way tie at 2, but HB was one of the players with 2 votes, along with ND. With HB at risk of being the DK as well ND, it made sense to vote ND there for distancing in case either of them ended up being the DK.

I think this post is a good indication that HB was trying to divert the DK to Jamie at EOD:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 pm
So damo, if I'm not getting flashed...which of jamie or ND is more mafia-esque? I can't really tell?
damo did not respond to HB, and placed this vote to make the votes 3-3-1-1:
damo666 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:56 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 pm
ND could be watching as mafia in case he need to vote.
Let's find out. ##vote Ham
After that, the DK came down ND or HB, and there was nothing HB could do except hope the vote ended in a tie.

bozotheclown

#1270 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:50 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:18 pm

Jesus; how long have I been playing in games with you. Have I ever demonstrated the werewithall to fabricate OR ... I don't know. You should know better than to give me that much credit.
If I am correct about you being mafia, you have played a very good game, because it is not easy to tell which of you is mafia. However, I think Jamie and sweetandcool are town.

sweetandcool

#1271 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:58 pm

@Jamiet, this is my argument. Feel free to respond after night if you prefer.

I cannot directly refute your reasons for suspecting me, so I will just briefly mention them. Bozo has it completely right that I was asking if the doctor should claim and tell us who he saved. It is regrettable, that in my rush, due to being distracted on vacation, that I expressed that thought so poorly that I appeared to know that the saved player was notified when in fact I did not. As either alignment, I fail to see why it would make sense to openly push for the Doctor to claim, unless one thought that the Doctor needed to claim in order to reveal the saved player.

Over the course of the few games I have played, I have developed a style of "fake" townslipping. This has served me well in hunting scum because they can't resist picking on me over it. So it should be no surprise that I have done so this game. However, this game I have been extremely excessive with the slips. This is due to my vacation. Otherwise you would practically have to believe I've decided, as scum, that my best strategy would be to play so bad that nobody would believe I'm scum. Possible, but not the case.

Now, let's examine the game under the lense of sweetandcool-is-mafia.

1. I setup my future 3 Mafia townslip (clever).

2.  I flit about voting for Ham and BB, successfully starting the Ham wagon.

3. Wanting to make as many possible wagons, I flip with BB to Jamiet, creating a tie of Ham, Jam, ND, and Swe. I was already on the Ham wagon, so I have room to flip back and protect myself and ND. There are 55 minutes.

4. Actually, I know I won't be around, so this was my last vote, which I indicated.

Question: If I knew I wouldn't be around, why would I change my vote to Jam, when I could have reasonably just switched back to Ham, which would have put him in the lead and made ND and Swe position safer?

Answer: I just thought of a reasonable answer, sadly. Since ND was already on Ham, maybe I wanted him to consolidate on Jam. His last interactions with Jam could have easily been used as a justification for an emotional OMGUS vote. Unfortunately for sweetandcool, ND did not show up for Eod and did not adjust his vote accordingly. If ND was around after sweetandcool's vote, it doesn't make a lot of sense why he didn't jump to Jam.

5. ND voted and now sweetandcool is all alone.

6. sweetandcool chooses Bozo as the NK. Why? It's hard for me to speculate on this one, but I really think sweetandcool would choose Jamiet or Brainbomb here. But I'm also running out of time with this message, so I'll revisit it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night deadline hit, I will continue in the next half hour, assuming I'm not dead, which is extraordinarily unlikely.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1272 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:00 pm

##PLEASE STOP POSTING, AND PATIENTLY WAIT... JUST LIKE HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY NIGHT AND DAY##

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1273 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:03 pm

We find Bill Murray's character, Phil Connors, waking up to the repetitive tune of "I Got Darg Babe" by Sonny and Cher. His first sight is the darg-covered window, providing a view of the annual Groundhog Day festival in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. As he gazes upon the proceedings, an odd sense of déjà vu creeps over him. Darg by darg, he reluctantly gets ready for his assignment as a weather reporter, his attitude mirroring the initial frustration of being stuck in the endless cycle of this peculiar day.

Phil's interactions with the townsfolk are tinged with a touch of darg frustration as he grumbles through conversations, delivering weather forecasts with a hint of sarcasm. Darg by darg, the day unfolds with the same series of events. As he encounters the cheerful Groundhog Day revelers, he can't help but feel like an outsider in a world that remains constant while he's stuck in this perplexing time loop. He engages in the festival's traditions, such as darging the weather based on the groundhog's shadow, all the while grappling with the surreal repetition that defines his existence.

As the day unfolds, the people of Punxsutawney, including the ever-optimistic Rita (played by Andie MacDowell), continue their routines, each darg feeling remarkably familiar to Phil. The charm of the small town and its residents begins to seep into him, even as the darg cycle persists.

NIGHT HAS ENDED. IT IS NOW DAY

BOZOTHECLOWNHAS DIED. He was the Piano Teacher, a vanilla townie.

You may resume posting

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1274 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:06 pm

For the bot... stupid non spaces
BOZOTHECLOWN HAS DIED. HE WAS THE PIANO TEACHER, A VANILLA TOWNIE

sweetandcool

#1275 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:12 pm

Darn, I was hoping there was a teensy possibility Ham wouldn't kill Bozo, on the off chance he believed that I would actually vote Bozo.

##VOTE Ham

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1276 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:21 pm

RIP bozo.

##vote sweet

I can build the narrative of sweet being mafia but I am not feeling it right now.

I am actually not surprised with you pushing me. There's enough "business" from me to build and subvert. Actually, there's not, as bozo seemed to focus on minutiae.

So, I'll get a narrative done, but like I said, not feeling it now.

And jamie, if it's you, good job.

sweetandcool

#1277 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm

Continuing with my important post:

Back to 6.

6. sweetandcool targets Bozo for the NK.

Question: Why?

Answer: This doesn't make a ton of sense. The night starts with damo adamantly insisting worcej or sweetandcool is Mafia. Bozo and damo decide that the remaining Mafia did not bus and push that theory hard. They seem to settle on worcej as the DK for D2.

Bozo however, comes around near the end of the night and points out that sweetandcool's first post of the game actually set up the future 3 Mafia townslip.

Bozo is helping push suspicion away from sweetandcool.

Why doesn't sweetandcool just target damo for the NK? sweetandcool could then either let worcej be the next DK, or look for opportunities to get someone else voted off.

Even Brainbomb makes sense, since he also thought I was scummiest, and Brainbomb can be very dangerous.

The only reason sweetandcool should want to target Bozo is because Bozo was a proponent of the correct theory that there was no busser, and once worcej dies, sweetandcool might be put under intense pressure because of this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is long enough to be its own. Continuing in my next message.

sweetandcool

#1278 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:38 pm

7. The doctor saved Bozo! sweetandcool needs to kill anyone suggesting that the remaining Mafia didn't bus, so sweetandcool decides to hard push damo during the day.

8. I actually have a great D2 (other than my first two posts which appear to contradict themselves. If only I didn't make that scumslip, Jamiet wouldn't have been alerted to my scuminess). I manage to push damo hard, preserve worcej by maintaining that I saw no case on him (but left enough room to turn on him in the future), and I do some light defense to cover up some of the criticisms of my play.

I even manage to make a Bozo-requested list, putting worcej and Jamiet on equal ground as the last remaining Mafia in the unlikely case that damo is not. Convenient considering they are my two greatest enemies other than damo at that point in the game (other than potentially Bozo, who I can NK if I choose to).

Question: What do you make of my last post of D2? It doesn't seem to really serve scum sweetandcool's purposes. Perhaps sweetandcool just trying to look as towny as possible?

sweetandcool

#1279 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:48 pm

9. I choose Brainbomb as the NK.

[Aside]: I made a post somewhere asking if anyone would have considered killing Bozo instead, if they were Mafia. At the time, I claimed that if I were Mafia I would have targeted Bozo. I thought it would have been a great way to play mind games with town. After writing this sweetandcool-is-mafia, I'm going to disagree with past sweetandcool. Bozo was an ally who was helping with sweetandcool defense. With two town clears, and Bozo being an ally, killing Brainbomb is the correct decision.

10. worcej looks like the inevitable kill for the day. sweetandcool pushes for that, and actually hammer even.

Question: Before dying, brainbomb starting to put pressure on Jamiet. Why didn't sweetandcool attempt to carry on brainbomb's case, since Jamiet could be considered sweetandcool's number one enemy at this point.

Answer: sweetandcool was too scared to? I think there was enough precedent that I probably could have organically swapped to Jamiet and tried to push for it. Certainly if Jamiet dies, victory will be assured for sweetandcool, since worcej would absolutely have to be the next DK.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last post after this. I just thought of one last great thing to point out.

sweetandcool

#1280 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:54 pm

11. On the final night, with Bozo, sweetandcool, Jamiet, and Ham as the last players, sweetandcool has one last important decision to make. Who will be the NK?

Bozo seems absolutely convinced that Ham is the final Mafia. sweetandcool also "pretends" to believe it must be the case and that Jamiet is town. sweetandcool then "pretends" that Ham made an incredibly and obviously scummy post (he did). Clearly, sweetandcool is setting up his final victim for the final DK.

Should sweetandcool kill Bozo, his staunch ally? Or should he kill Jamiet, his greatest adversary?

sweetandcool would like to kill Jamiet, but he needs to worry that that would turn Bozo against him. Would Bozo change his mind about Ham if Jamiet dies?

I think not. Yet curiously, sweetandcool decided to kill Bozo instead. Was it because Bozo was essentially townclear? I guess that would have to be the reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A better alternative explanation is that Ham is the final Mafia and he knew that killing sweetandcool would be suicide, as would killing Jamiet. He knew his only chance is to play off the fact that Jamiet is stubbornly committed to scumreading sweetandcool for things that can be easily explained away by the fact that sweetandcool was on vacation and playing incredibly sloppily.