Twenty Questions - Game 121

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Octavious

Re: Twenty Questions - Game 121

#41 Post by Octavious » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:30 pm

Does it really?

The distinction between a god and a titan is pretty minimal, to be fair, and there are certain characters who can be one or the other depending on which source you're reading from. But Hades, being the brother of Zeus, was pretty firmly in the god camp from what I remember.

(Admittedly most of my knowledge of Greek mythology comes from when the telly was wheeled into the classroom back in primary school)
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Jamiet99uk

#42 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:45 am

Ah no I read it wrong.

But, Wiki also says Prometheus was not a Titan, but their descendent.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Hanging Rook

#43 Post by Hanging Rook » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:05 am

Octavious wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:30 pm
Does it really?

The distinction between a god and a titan is pretty minimal, to be fair, and there are certain characters who can be one or the other depending on which source you're reading from. But Hades, being the brother of Zeus, was pretty firmly in the god camp from what I remember.

(Admittedly most of my knowledge of Greek mythology comes from when the telly was wheeled into the classroom back in primary school)
The Titans are a generation or house of gods.

Hanging Rook

#44 Post by Hanging Rook » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:17 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:45 am
Ah no I read it wrong.

But, Wiki also says Prometheus was not a Titan, but their descendent.
I think considering Prometheus a Titan is common nowadays, maybe also due to his role in the Titanomachy. Wiki says “Certain descendants of the Titans, such as Prometheus, Atlas, Helios, and Leto, are sometimes also called Titans.“

PRINCE WILLIAM

#45 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:21 pm

I know our mythology well. Prometheus was a Titan, the son of Iapetus. Though a Titan, he sided with the Gods in the Tιτανομαχία (the war between Gods and Titans), and so he and his brother Epimetheus had their trust. Epimetheus was tasked with the difficult duty of assigning to every living creature the means for survival; he did splendidly with all animals but forgot to leave some for humans. To rectify this, Prometheus stole the fire from Hefestus's workshop.
Atlas was also a Titan (according to Hesiodus, also a brother of Prometheus) and was their leader against the gods.